Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    He was making those excuses before the season even started. There'll be a day a couple years from now when he can't use those. It'll be fascinating then to see where he lays the blame.
    yeah Deion has that Shaquille O'Neal/Terrell Owens insecurity complex about him that always makes him look like a on top of a con artist/cult leader type. All three of those guys are all time greats , yet they're constantly on the defensive about every little thing. Deion just hides it better with a layer of fake humility. I remember that time Tony Romo on a broadcast made a harmless joke about Deion Sanders' tackling, instead of just laughing at himself, he stormed into a two minute rant about all of Romo's failings as a QB.

not even a racial thing, he's just a frontrunning b@g

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    It really is a cult. You say anything negative about Deion on Twitter and you get spammed by black people from all over the country. I posted a reply saying he was pompous and arrogant and got a bunch of replies pulling the race card. A good amount of them even told me to just say the N-word already

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    It really is a cult. You say anything negative about Deion on Twitter and you get spammed by black people from all over the country. I posted a reply saying he was pompous and arrogant and got a bunch of replies pulling the race card. A good amount of them even told me to just say the N-word already
    black media members r attacking an innocent white women for her tweet.........they know she meant the media attention cu is getting but they turned it into a racist witch hunt for clicks........

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    black media members r attacking an innocent white women for her tweet.........they know she meant the media attention cu is getting but they turned it into a racist witch hunt for clicks........

Really?

So all of us is _______________ What?

All of us as in Oregon football team not respected?
    All of us that have to listen to the CU hype?
    What?

Sorry but I think its very interesting that a guy comes in and turns a team around so quickly using the portal.
    I think its interesting the coach is a former great CB that did not want to hit anyone on running plays.
    I find this part of football, fun. Its fun to watch people who want him to fail because of his audacious personality. And those that want him to succeed for the same reason.
    I find it really interesting to see where Colorado will be as a football team in its 3rd year and 4th year, which are traditionally improvement years.

Did you get raped in prison?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Really?

So all of us is _______________ What?

All of us as in Oregon football team not respected?
    All of us that have to listen to the CU hype?
    What?

Sorry but I think its very interesting that a guy comes in and turns a team around so quickly using the portal.
    I think its interesting the coach is a former great CB that did not want to hit anyone on running plays.
    I find this part of football, fun. Its fun to watch people who want him to fail because of his audacious personality. And those that want him to succeed for the same reason.
    I find it really interesting to see where Colorado will be as a football team in its 3rd year and 4th year, which are traditionally improvement years.
    stop being obtuse this is what she meant......

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

This was article on ESPN last week

There is clearly a double standard in society. Black community can reference skin color but don't you dare do the same when opposing/competing with them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    stop being obtuse this is what she meant......

You seriously dont think this happens on other teams?
    I guarantee you I coud go in before a U (Miami) game and record much worse.
    some of the big rivalries this kind of is expected

gtfoh butterfly I did not expect you to be taken aback by this kind of stuff...
    You would have hated the Miami teams with Ed Reed, Michael Irvin, what ahuge list just off of one team. talking before during and after the game, even after a loss.

Joe Namath at that time in place would have really pissed you off.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-26-2023 at 12:07 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

This was article on ESPN last week

There is clearly a double standard in society. Black community can reference skin color but don't you dare do the same when opposing/competing with them.
    Poor honkeys

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    No need to have special privilege in a melting pot. Let's treat everyone equally & the same.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Deion played for 3 of my favorite teams. Twice reaching Championship game level. So I've always been a fan etc.

I am surprised how popular or frankly well known Deion still is in the sports world. Specifically to teenage athletes who never saw him play.

To me he isn't a hypocrit but would make a great politician. He knows what to sell to which audience, even when it kinda contradics.

No need to have special privilege in a melting pot. Let's treat everyone equally & the same.
    That's a great concept. At what point in our history do you think that will start happening?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Deion played for 3 of my favorite teams. Twice reaching Championship game level. So I've always been a fan etc.

I am surprised how popular or frankly well known Deion still is in the sports world. Specifically to teenage athletes who never saw him play.

To me he isn't a hypocrit but would make a great politician. He knows what to sell to which audience, even when it kinda contradics.
    Of course you think he'd make a great politician. Right wingers love them some coaches, athletes and reality stars to lead the country. They're fun.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Of course you think he'd make a great politician. Right wingers love them some coaches, athletes and reality stars to lead the country. They're fun.
    Don't be gullible, politics is a game. Often the longer these people are in politics, the more corrupt. How else do you explain these career politicians ac ulating over $100M.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    You seriously dont think this happens on other teams?
    I guarantee you I coud go in before a U (Miami) game and record much worse.
    some of the big rivalries this kind of is expected

gtfoh butterfly I did not expect you to be taken aback by this kind of stuff...
    You would have hated the Miami teams with Ed Reed, Michael Irvin, what ahuge list just off of one team. talking before during and after the game, even after a loss.

Joe Namath at that time in place would have really pissed you off.
    Nah. If youre going to talk the talk, then you also gotta walk the walk. Miami did that.

Colorado is this arrogant after what exactly? And the media gave them nonstop coverage and treated them better than what they are after what exactly? No surprise that a large portion of people (outside of black america) hated them. Arrogance in general is very easy to dislike. Even more so when that arrogance isn't even earned.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Don't be gullible, politics is a game. Often the longer these people are in politics, the more corrupt. How else do you explain these career politicians ac ulating over $100M.
    You would have voted for mental Herschel Walker just to the pwn the libs. And he would be in DC voting shaping policy.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Nah. If youre going to talk the talk, then you also gotta walk the walk. Miami did that.

Colorado is this arrogant after what exactly? And the media gave them nonstop coverage and treated them better than what they are after what exactly? No surprise that a large portion of people (outside of black america) hated them. Arrogance in general is very easy to dislike. Even more so when that arrogance isn't even earned.
    Polarization sells tickets. Colorado knew exactly what they were doing.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    You would have voted for mental Herschel Walker just to the pwn the libs. And he would be in DC voting shaping policy.
    Sounds like what Fetterman is currently doing

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Sounds like what Fetterman is currently doing
    Fetterman is weird but he's a Harvard grad and putting in work. You would've voted for afternoon TV talk show host Dr. Oz.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Miami did it before they had won anything and continued.
    Lots of talking is disguised arrogance. It’s almost like it’s done to convince or pump up the source.
    I personally have seen this done many times in sports. It’s self talk because one knows they are possibly inferior and might get destroyed.
    It’s definitely a cultural thing that’s easy to see. It’s the same as “the world is against” mentality that some teams and individuals talk about to find some source of drive. I think you miss the fragility in both the false arrogance and the world is against us methods of the people who think they need more than what they are, which is not as good or possibly might be prone to under perform.

I think I played enough sports to recognize the difference in using it to intimidate versus using it because of doubt in ability. I personally did not find it difficult to tell the difference. And when you know you will go through in a certain compe ion and how cheap talk is, cheap talk is wasted energy Imo. This is why I think it’s really stupid when a team or individual is actually superior. It’s a waste Imo. Think about what you will be doing. Also bench guys really like it because they won’t be apart of the struggle. It’s their cheerleading. I have never used or liked it but I understand it. Imo of course…

I think Tim Duncan understood this very well. And he got in people’s heads. By not playing or even playing very different almost silent verbal games. He was confident but knew the work would most likely be difficult. A real compe or. Silent deadly types.

Sorry for tldr but I have thought about this a lot.
    Especially when it used in boxing and such. Talk can be very fake or even indicate weakness. People who actually listen and get affected probably have not participated enough to know Imo.
    Even more interestingly it varies in different sports. Rugby is an extremely difficult game physically and mentally and this arrogance talk is mostly absent because both sides understand the real suffering that occurs. That’s why opponents have a beer afterwards or really respect the opponent’s effort. Even if the opponents are inferior because the players know how difficult the game is. They have all suffered.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-27-2023 at 09:47 AM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ^ it's not fair, why can't white coaches be that popular

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    ^ it's not fair, why can't white coaches be that popular
    Haha. You're like a 1940s Television. Only see US society in black & white. On the contrary we are in a melting pot.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Back to football and not Frosty tasty race lectures about black soccer players being uniquely stupid. Which absolutely gives him away in such a devastating form. Pele was stupid...

ATM lost Weigman for the year most likely.
    This kid was having a great season and really looked like he would help Fisher and Petrino (if Petrino really calls the plays) out.
    Max Johnson threw a great long ball in the last game as backup. But he did not work out last year as a starter. This has got to hurt the Aggies unless Max has gotten much better. Or Petrino is actually aiding the ATM offense. Weigman was absolutely outstanding imo.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Haha. You're like a 1940s Television. Only see US society in black & white. On the contrary we are in a melting pot.
    Ha you brought up blackness here and in the Poli forum. Not me

Thread Information