Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already figured it out last night on NBA2k. We win the 2026 Championship after Maxey and Flagg (with the Hawks pick!) join our team. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. (We beat the Magic in 7, for those wondering, and Jalen Green goes to Orlando)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Jordan Hawkins while he may still be cheap to trade for.

Spurs need to add shooting.

Keldon for Jordan Hawkins and Herb Jones
    Sure. I suggest holding the Pelicans' GM at gunpoint while making that offer would go a long way into them accepting it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already figured it out last night on NBA2k. We win the 2026 Championship after Maxey and Flagg (with the Hawks pick!) join our team. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. (We beat the Magic in 7, for those wondering, and Jalen Green goes to Orlando)
    Did we draft Boozer or Dybantsa with the Atlanta 2026 swap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did we draft Boozer or Dybantsa with the Atlanta 2026 swap?
    That pick got traded away to land Maxey

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Doncic will still be in his prime in 2030. A lot can happen in four years in Boston. They could keep being bridesmaids and Tatum forces his way out to try to win elsewhere. They could have injuries in 2027-28. Racist Boston fan could come in Tatum's bed and he asks out. etc
    I definitely think Tatum will want to get the out of Boston once he locks in this next extension. Jaylen Brown also seems not long for that teams

That swap will be interesting, but that said, I think the Dallas one will be more appealing in 2030. The Mavs are such a poorly managed team

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think Tatum will want to get the out of Boston once he locks in this next extension. Jaylen Brown also seems not long for that teams

That swap will be interesting, but that said, I think the Dallas one will be more appealing in 2030. The Mavs are such a poorly managed team
    Agree. Brad Stevens is one of the 3-5 best GMs in the league I think. So long as he's there I don't see Boston being bad. Dallas's front office is more hit and miss, and they've painted themselves in a bit of a corner with bad trades and missed signings. A lot of whether Luka stays or not really banks on Lively and whether he can turn into a stud in the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With everyone talking about giving Atlanta their picks back for Trae, what would you think about sending them to Brooklyn instead?

Brooklyn- KJ, Zach, filler (Malaki/Wesley) + cha 1st + our 25 1st, Atlanta 25 1st, + Atlanta 27 1st

Spurs- CJ + MB

I know, I know... they've already turned down 4 firsts for MB, but IF that happened I think it was highly protected firsts. In this case we'd be sending 3 totally unprotected firsts.

Is Brooklyn ready to reboot with a superb package or keep two 27 year olds and try to build around them? Those guys need a star that creates gravity and Brooklyn is going to have a hard time finding that with the meager assets they have to offer. This could be just what the doctor ordered for them and for CJ + MB + Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would you trade 3 unprotected picks for Cam Johnson and Bridges? That's a star player package and neither one of them is an All-Star

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An argument for trading some (NOT all) our assets to get a youngish star player is that if we do it now we still will have possible late lottery picks of our own while the team gels. My bigger point is that we don't know how yet to rebuild with a team full of all young players. It's inherently difficult and you have only so many minutes to dole out. Historically the team has been great at developing mid to late FRPs, likely because they had a core to build around and not a pressing need to play draft picks too much, too soon.

This situation is different than the past. But I'm suggesting the team rely on it's historical strengths and minimize what they are not as good at, from what I can tell.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign and trade p williams+ charlotte pick for Keldon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would you trade 3 unprotected picks for Cam Johnson and Bridges? That's a star player package and neither one of them is an All-Star
    Mainly for 2 reasons, 1) they both compliment Wembanyama and 2) that's a better return than Trae Young who everyone wants to give that package and more for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign and trade p williams+ charlotte pick for Keldon
    I'd like that..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With everyone talking about giving Atlanta their picks back for Trae, what would you think about sending them to Brooklyn instead?

Brooklyn- KJ, Zach, filler (Malaki/Wesley) + cha 1st + our 25 1st, Atlanta 25 1st, + Atlanta 27 1st

Spurs- CJ + MB

I know, I know... they've already turned down 4 firsts for MB, but IF that happened I think it was highly protected firsts. In this case we'd be sending 3 totally unprotected firsts.

Is Brooklyn ready to reboot with a superb package or keep two 27 year olds and try to build around them? Those guys need a star that creates gravity and Brooklyn is going to have a hard time finding that with the meager assets they have to offer. This could be just what the doctor ordered for them and for CJ + MB + Wemby.
    Makes sense. Although I would prefer Bridges alone. Also Sean Marks will play a lot of hardball.. maybe we can settle for Bridges alone then and not Johnson or get Finney-Smith instead of Johnson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said yesterday, my dream scenario would be Trae, Naz Reid and one of Trey Murphy or Herb Jones.
    Draft BPA and get one or two more veterans for the bench.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think we should go after tyus jones...Guy has been playing great lately.Passing pg first who can knock down the three.
    Not sure if tre jones being here will effect his decision coming here tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mainly for 2 reasons, 1) they both compliment Wembanyama and 2) that's a better return than Trae Young who everyone wants to give that package and more for.
    I highly doubt that these 2 would have a bigger impact than Trae Young. Besides, even if we trade for Young, we can still get one of those guys down the line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt that these 2 would have a bigger impact than Trae Young. Besides, even if we trade for Young, we can still get one of those guys down the line.
    I don't see Trae adding more to this team than both those guys, together however Trae + either one of them would be very interesting. I'm not sure what that trade would look like though..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said yesterday, my dream scenario would be Trae, Naz Reid and one of Trey Murphy or Herb Jones.
    yup...if we get the raptors pick,Would trade it to get one of herb or murphy and or reid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's best case scenario tbh. If they get them and nail those 2 picks in the upcoming draft, you have your 8-man rotation set. And that's with everybody being 25 or under.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One great player > 2 good players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One great player > 2 good players.
    But there's the rub... I don't think Trae is 'great'. I think he's good...even real good.... and potentially a good fit (depending on other moves)... but I'm not calling a guy who has his team as a bottom 10 team, 'great'...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But there's the rub... I don't think Trae is 'great'. I think he's good...even real good.... and potentially a good fit (depending on other moves)... but I'm not calling a guy who has his team as a bottom 10 team, 'great'...
    Luka's team was in the Bottom 10 last year...

Not say Trae is or isn't great, but I do think there are extenuating cir stances beyond the individual player and the team's record that need to be considered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of variables dictate where a team resides…. The player can be great on a terrible team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Sadiq Bey would be a good fit in my opinion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka's team was in the Bottom 10 last year...

Not say Trae is or isn't great, but I do think there are extenuating cir stances beyond the individual player and the team's record that need to be considered.
    Yes, but Luka's tanked hard down the stretch trying to keep their draft pick. That's a much different situation...

Thread Information