Page 11 of 1611 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weak aspect of economic sanctions against Russia is that China will bail them out, much like they do with North Korea. They won't do it in the open, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

But Ukraine is fairly different from Crimea. That's a huge country, and puts them right next to Poland and only slightly farther to Germany. After that, Belarus would be next.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Don't forget Germany also has primacy over the Union's economy (with the EU Central Bank being in Frankfurt for a reason). France figured they could vie for a leading role militarily, but who's funding it?
    Germany ultimately got the security & prosperity they started a world war for, and they got it on our dime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany ultimately got the security & prosperity they started a world war for, and they got it on our dime
    Japan isn't that much different, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the sense that France would love to get the chance to wear the cape and be the guarantor of Baltic and Central European security (with American alliance of course), while deep down Germany looks over at Silesia, Prussia, and Pomerania, and doesn’t really give a what happens to the Balts and Slavs.
    France tried to wear the cape vs Lybia. Look what happened. One of the biggest cluster s in human hiztory.

Sadly the french are more inept that us. But still.hopefully with their internal self interests hopefully they can help avoid a booddy war.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And both countries got thoroughly devastated.
    They needed at least a dime.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weak aspect of economic sanctions against Russia is that China will bail them out, much like they do with North Korea. They won't do it in the open, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

But Ukraine is fairly different from Crimea. That's a huge country, and puts them right next to Poland and only slightly farther to Germany. After that, Belarus would be next.
    I don’t think Putin would try taking the whole country I could see him making a land grab and take Kherson, Pavlograd, Sumy, Kharkiv.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Putin would try taking the whole country I could see him making a land grab and take Kherson, Pavlograd, Sumy, Kharkiv.
    It's not just a land grab, this has been in the works since the Yanukovych puppet days in the early 2000's, and possibly earlier. Militarily, this gives Russia a big buffer of separation from Nato/Europe.

This is a young, post Cold War democracy, very fragile and have been sabotaged and infiltrated by Russia from pretty much the outset back in the 90s. If this is bad now, imagine once Russians are officially in, even if it starts on the west of the country. It's only a matter of time.

Outside of selling them weapons, there's really nothing we can do there. This isn't Iraq, you can't setup a no-fly zone without embarking into a direct confrontation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, that is why I don't think Nato is going to do much they may bark a lot but you won't see any major bites. I think Germany will turn a blind eye as they get so much of there gas/oil/from Russia they will sit this one out . France will rattle their saber's but not much will be done as far as Nato is concerned. Russia pretty much is making moves all ready just look at what is happening in Belarus.

It will be interesting to see what Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, and Norway do if Russia does move on Ukraine?

The next test will be Iran which according to experts is weeks away form producing weapons grade uranium and having enough for one warhead? The US has stated that will not be allowed I just wonder what the playbook will be when they have a weapon?

We live in crazy times right now..................
    Last edited by BackHome; 01-23-2022 at 05:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gas dependency is where I think the US has the biggest card. That's something Obama didn't want to mess with, but Biden (at least so far) had no problem calling out.

In other words, if the US/coalition is willing to support Europe gas needs during the conflict and have the Russian pipeline effectively shut down, that'll be a of economic sanction. They make half a trillion each year from it, that's money they can't leave on the table.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The gas dependency is where I think the US has the biggest card. That's something Obama didn't want to mess with, but Biden (at least so far) had no problem calling out.

In other words, if the US/coalition is willing to support Europe gas needs during the conflict and have the Russian pipeline effectively shut down, that'll be a of economic sanction. They make half a trillion each year from it, that's money they can't leave on the table.
    I hope Biden s it up and Poot cleans his in' clock. "Like mirrors!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How low you have fallen cully, lower than a toads belly, rootin for pootin!

The ole Gipper is rolling in his grave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Biden vs Putin is like a college team vs New England Patriots"

- Ronalga Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin doesn't want to escalate this, at the end of the day, he's the one that has the most to lose.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Biden cast me down first, Effy. Called me a "chump" for exercising my franchise and voting for President Trump. Called me "sick" for voting for him. Called me an "embarrassment" for voting for him. By doing that he freed me to commence to rootin' for said pootin.

Biden divided us & divided we're stayin'PERIOD

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Putin doesn't want to escalate this, at the end of the day, he's the one that has the most to lose.
    True, but I'm hopin' the Poot will brazen it out nonetheless, toss caution to the wind and Biden will have to go back out to Dover with his watch when the kids once & again come home and step down from the plane..."and there to meet me is my mama and papa...for there's a guard and there's a sad, old padre,,,"

- "And if you think we're gonna forget this, you're wrong. This is big time, baby."

- "Ace" - "Stand by Me"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden cast me down first, Effy. Called me a "chump" for exercising my franchise and voting for President Trump. Called me "sick" for voting for him. Called me an "embarrassment" for voting for him. By doing that he freed me to commence to rootin' for said pootin.

Biden divided us & divided we're stayin'PERIOD
    Well, you are a “chump” and “embarrassment,” being that you are willing in the closet looking at katie-girl working the tin cup with another girl and guy.

You are the OG board cuck dale. You voted for a faithless candidate. “Till death do us part” means “till I get caught cheating.”

Don’t blame Biden for your shortfalls.

All on you dale, no one else.

But rootin for tootin to start a war with death and carnage, who would have thought you would stoop so low.

Maybe being called a “baby killer” by your peers in 60s was well deserved. Sad, sad, sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but I'm hopin' the Poot will brazen it out nonetheless, toss caution to the wind and Biden will have to go back out to Dover with his watch when the kids once & again come home and step down from the plane..."and there to meet me is my mama and papa...for there's a guard and there's a sad, old padre,,,"

- "And if you think we're gonna forget this, you're wrong. This is big time, baby."

- "Ace" - "Stand by Me"
    Just be careful what you wish for, tbh... Wars have been one sure way to solidify support for the in bent President. That's how dubya got his re-election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die. - Herbert Hoover

When my enemy sticks his neck out and hands me a knife, I slice him from ear to ear. - Joe ing Biden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What countries? He has Belarus. All he needs is Ukraine for Russia to maintain a defensible border. Putin knows Russia can never rebuild the Soviet Empire. See map...
    Not what Putin "knows". Read the essay.

The name ”Ukraine“ was used more often in the meaning of the Old Russian word ”okraina“ (periphery), which is found in written sources from the 12th century, referring to various border territories.

At the same time, the idea of Ukrainian people as a nation separate from the Russians started to form and gain ground among the Polish elite and a part of the Malorussian intelligentsia. Since there was no historical basis – and could not have been any, conclusions were substantiated by all sorts of concoctions, which went as far as to claim that the Ukrainians are the true Slavs and the Russians, the Muscovites, are not. Such ”hypotheses“ became increasingly used for political purposes as a tool of rivalry between European states.

the fact is that the situation in Ukraine today is completely different because it involves a forced change of iden y...

I am confident that true sovereignty of Ukraine is possible only in partnership with Russia. Our spiritual, human and civilizational ties formed for centuries and have their origins in the same sources, they have been hardened by common trials, achievements and victories. Our kinship has been transmitted from generation to generation. It is in the hearts and the memory of people living in modern Russia and Ukraine, in the blood ties that unite millions of our families. Together we have always been and will be many times stronger and more successful. For we are one people.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 01-24-2022 at 07:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wont be a war if russia strolls over and takes ober 1/2 ukraine tbqh.

Theres absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. The 30 million Ukranians will.certainly and moan but very very few of them would enlist to go East and try to recover their land

But again even this is an unlikely scenario IMO. Only way this would happen is if German and France stop the negotiations. Then Russia will easily take over the East Ukraine with very little opposition.
    https://www.latestbreakingnewsvideo....lish-news.html

Watch Ukrainians be part of reserve military amid tensions with Russia – Al Jazeera English News

It will be more costly than Putin's yes men are telling him. Ukraine has had years to prepare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more he tightens his grip the more satellites will slip through his fingers.
    No one got it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Watch Ukrainians be part of reserve military amid tensions with Russia – Al Jazeera English News

It will be more costly than Putin's yes men are telling him. Ukraine has had years to prepare.
    The Poot will kick their ass up so high they can use it for a hump.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die. - Herbert Hoover

When my enemy sticks his neck out and hands me a knife, I slice him from ear to ear. - Joe ing Biden
    "We're not allowed to send our children to the slaughter thanks to Hitler. Worked out pretty fine, ya? tee, hee." - Germany

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We're not allowed to send our children to the slaughter thanks to Hitler. Worked out pretty fine, ya? tee, hee." - Germany
    "Appeasement works unless you are dealing with welshers. Welsher's word is, well you know, as worthless as an old cuck in the closet with bad vision and no lubricants." - Neville Chamberlain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those Ukranians will defend Western Ukraine (their homeland) fiercely no doubt.

They will not defend Eastern Ukraine as fiercely as theres no ukranians living there (mostly russians)

Not to mention Midget Vodka would make minced meat out of any Eastern Ukranian defenses with just missile/airpower. Not even need to drop 1 russian drop of blood.

Thread Information