Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not really. I love my Keurig... recommendations:

I used to work at a company that sourced Keurig stations for our coffee. I think we used Green Mountain coffees. Stuff was surprisingly good....and it was free to boot!

The free part might have made it taste better.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I used to work at a company that sourced Keurig stations for our coffee. I think we used Green Mountain coffees. Stuff was surprisingly good....and it was free to boot!

The free part might have made it taste better.
    I work in the industrial section of Portland that's near the Portland Airport. There is a Coffee factory that roasts and grinds coffee. When the winds blow right... What a pleasant smell!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I love my Keurig... recommendations:

To each his own. Keurig is great for work: no mess, no waste, super fast and tastes surprisingly good for prepackaged.

(You jes caint beat fresh ground coffee tho)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love coffee, but more so I love the smell of roasted beans while they are being ground. Its so damn amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (You jes caint beat fresh ground coffee tho)
    I am somewhat of a coffee lover/aficionado. To me, coffee perfection is a double-shot espresso or professionally made cappuccino. It has to be really hot and it has to be really bold. Making either of those at home is really complicated unless you have both ample time to spare and a good chunk of change for a near-pro/pro expresso maker.

The Keurig does provide with both the heat and the boldness that it's difficult to replicate on your standard brewer (especially the heat control). So it's kind of halfway there. The brewing is obviously not as pressurized as a real espresso machine (noticeable), and there's obviously no milk foaming device, so cappuccino is out of the question. When I want the real deal, I normally have to head out to Starbucks and the like.

Now, if you want to try something different, and you're near San Francisco, CA or Brooklyn, NY head out to Blue Bottle Coffee. The coffee is good, but the devices they use to drip the coffee are a must see.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I work in the industrial section of Portland that's near the Portland Airport. There is a Coffee factory that roasts and grinds coffee. When the winds blow right... What a pleasant smell!
    About 6 blocks away from the main campus where I attended college was the DeCoty Coffee Company. Back then, they supplied alot of mediocre coffee to convenience stores and ins utions...including the college cafes and snackbars. When they were roasting, the smell would wrap around the campus like a scarf. It was pretty amazing....but the coffee just wasn't that great. Nowdays, they've gotten into the premium game a bit, I've noticed. Might have to give them a spin after I run through the Indonesian coffee I just ordered. I see DeCoty offers it as well. Hmmm...

http://www.decoty.com/catalogItems/v...b-04e6ac100b37

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I am somewhat of a coffee lover/aficionado. To me, coffee perfection is a double-shot espresso or professionally made cappuccino. It has to be really hot and it has to be really bold. Making either of those at home is really complicated unless you have both ample time to spare and a good chunk of change for a near-pro/pro expresso maker.

The Keurig does provide with both the heat and the boldness that it's difficult to replicate on your standard brewer (especially the heat control). So it's kind of halfway there. The brewing is obviously not as pressurized as a real espresso machine (noticeable), and there's obviously no milk foaming device, so cappuccino is out of the question. When I want the real deal, I normally have to head out to Starbucks and the like.

Now, if you want to try something different, and you're near San Francisco, CA or Brooklyn, NY head out to Blue Bottle Coffee. The coffee is good, but the devices they use to drip the coffee are a must see.
    Cappuccino = girly coffee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL someone needs to swing at that softball about being a coffee lover/afficinado and heading out to Starbucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's just a double-espresso with foamy milk... normally too strong for the ladies...

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took an Alaskan cruise a couple years ago and had a Keurig in our suite. Loved that thing. Nothing beat starting out my mornings by firing up the Keurig and enjoying a hot cup out on the balcony with the Alaskan scenery right there in front of you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL someone needs to swing at that softball about being a coffee lover/afficinado and heading out to Starbucks.
    Manny with the throwdown!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Took an Alaskan cruise a couple years ago and had a Keurig in our suite. Loved that thing. Nothing beat starting out my mornings by firing up the Keurig and enjoying a hot cup out on the balcony with the Alaskan scenery right there in front of you.
    GFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong about it?
    Out of the chains you can purchase ready-made gourmet coffee, Starbucks is at the top of the list, IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What's wrong about it?
    Out of the chains you can purchase ready-made girly coffee, Starbucks is at the top of the list, IMO.
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone who has a Starbucks card in their wallet and gets far too much coffee there I have to say they have burned my god damn too much for me to give them too much credit. There's a Starbucks right behind where I work and they are on the ball but if I go elsewhere its almost always ed.

Mostly I was just yanking your chain though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I can beat it:

starting out my mornings by firing up the Keurig and enjoying a hot cup out on the balcony with the Alaskan scenery right there in front of you while getting a blowjob.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    GFY too, Manny.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. You win.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A testament to the broad appeal and excellence of coffee. Girls like it too, and real men even like the girly coffee. Me, I like it every which way.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Me, I like it every which way.
    Yeah, I've heard that about you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it's true.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    *French laugh*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone who has a Starbucks card in their wallet and gets far too much coffee there I have to say they have burned my god damn too much for me to give them too much credit. There's a Starbucks right behind where I work and they are on the ball but if I go elsewhere its almost always ed.

Mostly I was just yanking your chain though.
    I think it depends on the place. Around here, for example, I have a terrible time finding a Donkin' Donuts that will prepare a proper cappuccino, and I'm 99% sure they just punch the button on a machine, but I always end up with a latte, which is not what I ordered.

Thread Information