Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I look at it the better I think the chances of the Toronto pick conveying is. The bottom 5 is probably set, next is 4 teams competing for #6. There's an argument that Memphis and Atlanta would like to push for a play in position, but they look pretty bad. I could see them embracing the tank too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is a sneaky player in the Tank Race. If Ja is done going insane, they should be a pretty good team next year... adding a top 10 pick will only help.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is a sneaky player in the Tank Race. If Ja is done going insane, they should be a pretty good team next year... adding a top 10 pick will only help.
    Agreed. They looked pretty good for a few games once Morant came back but then they faced a few good teams in a row and dropped all three. After their next two games (vs SA, vs TOR) the next 7 are all pretty tough. If they hit the halfway point at 13-28 and in 13th in the West, how hard will they keep trying to win?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In complete agreement about the 1-5 lottery spots.

I wouldn't be surprised if Houston hits a wall and plummets down the ranking order into the 7-10 range of the lottery.
    Also, very likely that a couple of teams in the east go into a free fall soon. I'd pick Brooklyn and Atlanta for that.

If Toronto ends up 7th and we are top 3 that would be ideal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors just killed a good Cleveland team they for sure ain't tanking - Quickly looking like the real deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors just killed a good Cleveland team they for sure ain't tanking - Quickly looking like the real deal
    Raptors up 3 on the Cavs with 13 seconds to play. Quickly has been okay. Barrett has looked good this game. Not sure where you got that they killed the Cavs (before the game was even over). Either way, hopefully Raptors can hang on to this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raps hang on to win this one.

Barrett with 19/9 (but 5 TO and 5 PF)
    IQ with 14 3ast 6reb, 0 TO

Big game from Siamam

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad but IQ looks like he is going to really help them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I look at it the better I think the chances of the Toronto pick conveying is. The bottom 5 is probably set, next is 4 teams competing for #6. There's an argument that Memphis and Atlanta would like to push for a play in position, but they look pretty bad. I could see them embracing the tank too.
    Memphis one a game or two when Ja came back,but have been horrible since. I think they and Charlotte, with LaMelo injured, are both tanking, and Portland has been all season.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raps hang on to win this one.

Barrett with 19/9 (but 5 TO and 5 PF)
    IQ with 14 3ast 6reb, 0 TO

Big game from Siamam
    Siakam will be traded. The Raptors aren't finished with trades. We don't know yet what will happen with the Raptors roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam will be traded. The Raptors aren't finished with trades. We don't know yet what will happen with the Raptors roster.
    What we know is that they beat the cavs yesterday and that they are pick seven actually : 2.5 games away from the sixth and 2.5 games away from the 12th.

And last news about siakam so we'll see https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...vs-more-linked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad but IQ looks like he is going to really help them
    He suits the team and they needed his bombing range. Going forward, Barnes and IQ could be a nice two'som.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam is really the question mark.
    He’s very good and if/when they trade him they could struggle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto appears to want young players in exchange for its players and not draft picks in the 16-30 range. That would likely rule out Spurs trades and would likely mean that they will remain somewhat compe ive.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis tanking would be great for this pick. The Raptors won't be able to out-tank the bottom 5 teams (Pistons, Spurs, Wizards, Hornets, Blazers) so having a 6th team finishing behind the Raptors would give the Spurs a minimum 68% chance of getting that pick this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is not going into tank mode for a while. I'd say they will at least be in win mode for the next 20 games. If they don't get traction by then they probably pull the plug. Although I am going to be watching the Hornets when Ball finally comes back which should be in the next few games. They were starting to play pretty good after Bridges came back. That 10th spot in the East will go to a sub 500 team. Chicago is there right now. They have Chicago, Atlanta and Toronto ahead of them. A 5 game win streak puts them right back in the mix. I'd say it is unlikely, but I don't see any of those teams being a lock to make it. Heck, they all are more likely to trade away their talent for young players or picks than going on an impressive run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is not going into tank mode for a while. I'd say they will at least be in win mode for the next 20 games. If they don't get traction by then they probably pull the plug. Although I am going to be watching the Hornets when Ball finally comes back which should be in the next few games. They were starting to play pretty good after Bridges came back. That 10th spot in the East will go to a sub 500 team. Chicago is there right now. They have Chicago, Atlanta and Toronto ahead of them. A 5 game win streak puts them right back in the mix. I'd say it is unlikely, but I don't see any of those teams being a lock to make it. Heck, they all are more likely to trade away their talent for young players or picks than going on an impressive run.
    It’s funny, because they are on a three game losing streak, and are 4-6 in their last 10, with Ja back for 7 of those. If they’re not tanking,then they Just suck.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks ed us with that re ed trade. Raptors are stacked as now and Schroder is now a 6th man where he’s at his best.

Poeltl/Boucher
    Siakam
    Barnes
    Barrett/Trent Jr
    Quickley/Schroder

incoming 14th pick.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks ed us with that re ed trade. Raptors are stacked as now and Schroder is now a 6th man where he’s at his best.

Poeltl/Boucher
    Siakam
    Barnes
    Barrett/Trent Jr
    Quickley/Schroder

incoming 14th pick.
    Meh, better than Raptors finishing with the 5th worst record and getting the 6th pick in the draft which is protected.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poeltl/Boucher
    Siakam
    Barnes
    Barrett/Trent Jr
    Quickley/Schroder

incoming 14th pick.
    Trade looks to have helped with team construction. Raps still might trade Siakam away, hope they make a bad trade.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade looks to have helped with team construction. Raps still might trade Siakam away, hope they make a bad trade.
    This feels like the Derrick White trade all over again ngl. Celtics were 31-25 before that trade jump started their franchise.

Scottie Barnes is playing like a top 20 player now, Siakam is an efficient 22ppg scorer and a legit second option on a championship team, Quickley and Barrett are good role players, Schroder is probably the best 6th man you can have, and Poeltl is the perfect Center for them.

Hopefully this is a purple patch that won’t last long but they look good so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quickley balling out for Toronto...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quickley doing so well hopefully translates to the Raps not tanking and the Spurs getting the first rounder. We can only keep our fingers crossed that Wright identifies another diamond in the rough as good as Primo if the Raps pick lands somewhere between 9 and 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quickley doing so well hopefully translates to the Raps not tanking and the Spurs getting the first rounder. We can only keep our fingers crossed that Wright identifies another diamond in the rough as good as Primo if the Raps pick lands somewhere between 9 and 12.
    It’s rare that a player like Primo ends up dangling in plain sight like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s rare that a player like Primo ends up dangling in plain sight like that.
    Nice!

Thread Information