Page 106 of 369 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 9202
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed sheppard may be my pick with raptors pick if we get it.Dude kinda reminds me of derrick white.Not as big or better defender.
    Better shooter,With good hands helping block shots and rebound.Decent passer as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as the Spurs stay in front of the wizards in the draft I think its a no brainer they take Topic with their own pick. If we get the Raptors pick...probably just take the best defensive forward available with Keldon either permanently a bench player or traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . I knew the Thompson twins were bad shooters and it's the #1 reason I didn't want either of them if we missed on Wemby, but I'm watching the Rockets in the background and I thought I heard the announcer say Amen was now 16% on the season. I literally lol'd thinking no way I heard that right. So I just checked and it's worse than that...Amen is shooting 15.6% on 3pt%.

Sometimes it's best to go with your gut on these guys like I did when I absolutely hated the idea of drafting one of these kids.

And I'm still sick to my stomach we don't have Sengun in San Antonio right now. Can you imagine Wembanyama playing off Sengun and visa versa??? Instead we got the flasher.

FIRE WRIGHT

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . I knew the Thompson twins were bad shooters and it's the #1 reason I didn't want either of them if we missed on Wemby, but I'm watching the Rockets in the background and I thought I heard the announcer say Amen was now 16% on the season. I literally lol'd thinking no way I heard that right. So I just checked and it's worse than that...Amen is shooting 15.6% on 3pt%.

Sometimes it's best to go with your gut on these guys like I did when I absolutely hated the idea of drafting one of these kids.

And I'm still sick to my stomach we don't have Sengun in San Antonio right now. Can you imagine Wembanyama playing off Sengun and visa versa??? Instead we got the flasher.

FIRE WRIGHT
    Posters on here wanted to trade multiple firsts for him.

I will never be a fan of non shooting point guards like Amen, Anthony Black, Topic, Hayes, etc

Give me a sniper like Dilly who has Kyrie dribbling any day of the week

Believe.
    Post Count
    Just my personal opinion, but I'd prefer for us to end up with 5 and 7 or 6 and 7 and take the combo of Dilly and Matas.

If that doesn't happen, I would be nice to land the #1 pick and hope one of these other teams falls in love with the idea of Sarr so much that they're willing to make a big move up to get him. This is probably unrealistic, but say Detroit has terrible luck again and lands at #5 while we land at #1. While I don't think it makes sense for them, maybe Detroit is so desperate to finally get that #1 pick they they're willing to swap #1 for #5 and a future unprotected FRP or Jaden Ivey. Again, I'm not sure this actually makes any sense for DET, but something along those lines from other team that feels like Sarr at #1 is the big splash they need.
    Speaking of that, would you consider a Okc proposal (let’s say they want our 1-2-3 pick for Cody Williams say for example). If they offered Josh Giddey and their picks currently #9 and #11 would you consider it? I think some really nice players that would fit around Wemby would fall right in that range. Reed might even fall there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of that, would you consider a Okc proposal (let’s say they want our 1-2-3 pick for Cody Williams say for example). If they offered Josh Giddey and their picks currently #9 and #11 would you consider it? I think some really nice players that would fit around Wemby would fall right in that range. Reed might even fall there.
    ROFL off OKC fan, no one wants that

Believe.
    Post Count
    ROFL off OKC fan, no one wants that
    Why so hostile? Josh Giddey needs to be a PG full time. Too many in Okc. He would be perfect with Wemby actually. He would play so much better here. That’s a good trade for the spurs. There’s a lot of risk in this draft that 1/2/3 won’t be any better than 8/9/10th player.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why so hostile? Josh Giddey needs to be a PG full time. Too many in Okc. He would be perfect with Wemby actually. He would play so much better here. That’s a good trade for the spurs. There’s a lot of risk in this draft that 1/2/3 won’t be any better than 8/9/10th player.
    How about Spurs trade the Toronto pick and the Chicago pick for Jalen Williams

Believe.
    Post Count
    How about Spurs trade the Toronto pick and the Chicago pick for Jalen Williams
    JDub is a budding superstar, so I don’t think they would consider that. JDub + Chet for Wemby I think they might consider?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm, it would be a no for me mostly because I don’t want 3 picks this draft (or really in any draft)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen is going to be a really good player in this league, even if he doesn't become a good shooter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liking Shepperd more and more and was very encouraged by his development as a freshman, but I am a little surprised that he's already almost 20 and will be by draft night. I had thought he was 18 and was just a savant at that age but he is a little older and that can explain how he's so advanced.

But I'm still in on Shepperd. Guaranteed shooter who excels in getting the ball up the court passing wise, and can create defensive events despite his physical shortcomings? I'm in. Guys who get the most of their tools is a good thing on defense even if he's a legit target. Forbes and Branham never tried so hard or smart on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been saying for a while that Sheppard is underrated but that might change soon if he keeps this up.
    As of now I have him as the second best PG prospect ahead of Dilly and behind Topic.
    He’s the only one of the three that ever makes plays on defense and the way he plays offense would be an instant fit with the Spurs system.
    We’ll see how Topic looks when he returns…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another quick point on Sheppard is that he doesn’t make a lot of mistakes on either end of the floor.
    He also seems to have good situational awareness and is opportunistic.
    Considering how dumb the current brand of Spurs basketball is I think we should prioritize some basketball IQ in the draft if possible. I’m really hoping Sheppard is there for us with the Toronto pick.
    Give me Risacher and Sheppard and this team suddenly can shoot the ball at a high level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey has stagnated and he’s been benched a lot lately because teams treat him like Tony Allen. He wouldn’t be a better fit with Wemby than Jones is. Neither can shoot but Jones at least provides more rim pressure and can finish unlike Giddey who’s below .500 at the rim and settles for floaters all the time.

OKC will trade him to some stupid team, no doubt, but I hope it’s not the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey sucks ass, that's why.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you’re not going to get anybody to bite with giddey. If you wanted people to actually consider your offer your starting point needs to be Cason Wallace

Believe.
    Post Count
    you’re not going to get anybody to bite with giddey. If you wanted people to actually consider your offer your starting point needs to be Cason Wallace
    Giddey is basically Topic’s best case comp so if you don’t like Giddey don’t even think about drafting Topic and he might end up much worse. Giddey has had one bad season because he has been crowded out by rising stars of Okc but he would be the second best players on the spurs.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I’m sure Okc would do that assuming again that they were totally in love with Cody. Cason Wallace is the lesser player between him and Giddey at this point for sure. There’s a reason he’s not starting. I like him but wouldn’t let him stop this deal. What he does he does well, but his shooting percentages are dropping fast and he’s pretty limited in the breath of what he does on the court.
    Last edited by sfernald; 02-28-2024 at 10:24 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey's off court baggage likely will scare off the FO. But on the court, the poor shooting is a concern. Teams don't even guard him on the perimeter sometimes. That said, he rebounds well and passes the ball well. I'm curious how much the legal drama has affected him. I had proposed him as a target last Summer. It's hard to say now if he could be had for cheap versus is it even worth it.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Giddey's off court baggage likely will scare off the FO. But on the court, the poor shooting is a concern. Teams don't even guard him on the perimeter sometimes. That said, he rebounds well and passes the ball well. I'm curious how much the legal drama has affected him. I had proposed him as a target last Summer. It's hard to say now if he could be had for cheap versus is it even worth it.

He’s 33% from three dude. Without checking that probably makes him the second best three point shooter in the spurs starting lineup lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is basically Topic’s best case comp so if you don’t like Giddey don’t even think about drafting Topic and he might end up much worse.
    I'm not Topic's biggest fan but no, this isn't true. Topic projects to be someone who is crafty enough to get to his spots, get to the rim and finish well. Giddey is awful at this. Topic's shot also projects to improve, while Giddey has been proving his shot isn't trending up. Also, Topic is actually guarded when he shoots 3s, Giddey shoots when there's no defender in sight.

He’s 33% from three dude.
    He's basically the same level of shooter that Sochan and Collins are, identical volume as well. At least Sochan's shot appears to be improving.

Without checking that probably makes him the second best three point shooter in the spurs starting lineup lol.
    Try checking more then. Giddey's EFG% would rank 11th on the spurs, tied with Branham and his TS% would be 14th.

Also, watch an OKC game and see how defenses treat him and why he's getting benched so often.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I'm not Topic's biggest fan but no, this isn't true. Topic projects to be someone who is crafty enough to get to his spots, get to the rim and finish well. Giddey is awful at this. Topic's shot also projects to improve, while Giddey has been proving his shot isn't trending up. Also, Topic is actually guarded when he shoots 3s, Giddey shoots when there's no defender in sight.

He's basically the same level of shooter that Sochan and Collins are, identical volume as well. At least Sochan's shot appears to be improving.

Try checking more then. Giddey's EFG% would rank 11th on the spurs, tied with Branham and his TS% would be 14th.

Also, watch an OKC game and see how defenses treat him and why he's getting benched so often.
    I’ve watched every Okc game this year. Giddey scored like the first 9 points of the last game. People are irrationally down on him right now but that just tells me spurs should buy low. He’s best when he doesn’t force it to score and plays the game naturally and he heads towards a triple double cause he is a great passer and rebounder. He is left open all the time because he’s like the only starter on the team who isn’t shooting nearly 40% on three. Teams have no choice in the matter really. If he’s covered like he would be as a spur (cause teams would leave sochan or champagne open instead probably) he won’t take those threes but he’s a smart player and will drive and pass and create things. Number one he is a playmaker. He’s such a good passer he handles every single inbound for the team. Coach will even put him back in the game just for an inbound.

As a second year player he had 17/8/6 stats. Those would be dream stats for topic let’s be realistic here. Kid player in a very weak league and hasn’t shown anything in euro league so it’s even debatable if he’s nba material until he comes back from injury. Regression happens sometimes especially third year. Doesn’t mean he won’t come right back with 17/8/6 next year if put in a better situation. He has proven himself in the nba and is a starter on one of the best teams in the league. Again he would immediately become the spurs second best player and would unlock Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is basically Topic’s best case comp so if you don’t like Giddey don’t even think about drafting Topic and he might end up much worse. Giddey has had one bad season because he has been crowded out by rising stars of Okc but he would be the second best players on the spurs.
    Topić finishes well at the rim in a more physical, less spaced European league. In addition, he shoots 88% from the FT line. In his year before being drafted, Giddey shot 69% from the FT line, a poor shooting signal that has carried over to his NBA career, in spite of having Chip Englland on staff. They’re nearly nothing alike, other than being tall for the position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure Okc would do that assuming again that they were totally in love with Cody. Cason Wallace is the lesser player between him and Giddey at this point for sure. There’s a reason he’s not starting. I like him but wouldn’t let him stop this deal. What he does he does well, but his shooting percentages are dropping fast and he’s pretty limited in the breath of what he does on the court.
    Cason Wallace is Jrue Holiday in the making. He’s already stealing minutes from Giddey as a rookie, and that will only continue. If 50/41/78 are his “dropping percentages”, yes please.

Thread Information