Page 104 of 151 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3763
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet with another ROTY-esque statline of 8 points and 5 rebounds in 33 minutes against the Clips.
    He’s been really bad lately, there is no way this month award doesn’t go to Victor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone please fire Reggie Miller for constantly mispronouncing Wembanyama?
    So irritating
    On the contrary, it was nice to hear Reggie as very appreciative of Spurs’ defense on Trae in the 2nd half, particularly Wesley’s. It was great to see Wesley being appreciated like that and on national television. I rarely take the TNT crew seriously, but they highly support how Pop is handling the team with patience, Wemby in the best situation, as opposed to so-called fans who think Pop mishandling the team. Barkeley even commented that while people see Wemby being good for 2 years, Pop is preparing the team to be compe ive for 10 years (and more).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary, it was nice to hear Reggie as very appreciative of Spurs’ defense on Trae in the 2nd half, particularly Wesley’s. It was great to see Wesley being appreciated like that and on national television. I rarely take the TNT crew seriously, but they highly support how Pop is handling the team with patience, Wemby in the best situation, as opposed to so-called fans who think Pop mishandling the team. Barkeley even commented that while people see Wemby being good for 2 years, Pop is preparing the team to be compe ive for 10 years (and more).
    I agree with that, I noticed the praises on Wesley too. But he needs to learn how to pronounce Victor's name correctly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reggie Miller , that sensitive clown blocked me on Twitter because I corrected him on a tweet
    and they say only today's players are sensitive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of these guys watch the Spurs. They just go with the narrative "oh it's Pop he's one of the greatest, he got that system". Easy to say now that he started coaching, but what about when he didn't do and started a PF at PG?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been really bad lately, there is no way this month award doesn’t go to Victor
    yep, his January numbers are not as good as before, Wemby should get rookie of the month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae wants to come to SA !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae wants to come to SA !
    Both ATL guards are auditioning for the Spurs. Pick me, pick me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both ATL guards are auditioning for the Spurs. Pick me, pick me
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see many free agents interested to come to SA just to play alongside Victor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're trending towards being an average team!! (also we've got a better defense than OKC )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An above average defense during that span. I wonder our defensive numbers with and without Wemby playing center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://theathletic.com/5211929/2024...t-rookie-year/

Victor Wembanyama at the halfway point: The good, the bad and the unbelievable

John Hollinger
    Jan 19, 2024

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

John Hollinger
    Jan 19, 2024
    Thanks for the article and link.

For this particular site (and some others), you can do a quick Ctrl + A to select all text and Ctrl + C to copy before the paywall stuff comes up. Then paste the text somewhere like Notepad or Word and you can read at your leisure. You miss any graphics but you get all the text. But you have to do it fairly quickly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're trending towards being an average team!! (also we've got a better defense than OKC )

My cynical take on the minutes restriction is that the Spurs are trying to teach Wemby how to be more efficient overall. He was understandably terrible to start the year with bigger minutes, and has dramatically improved in that area (3pt efficiency aside).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My cynical take on the minutes restriction is that the Spurs are trying to teach Wemby how to be more efficient overall. He was understandably terrible to start the year with bigger minutes, and has dramatically improved in that area (3pt efficiency aside).
    I think that had more to do with Wemby playing out of position and Sochan running the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had him playing like a 7'4" Allen Iverson to start the season. The efficiency problems had to do with that, not the amount of minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sniffer take on the minutes restriction is that the Spurs are trying to teach Wemby how to be more efficient overall. He was understandably terrible to start the year with bigger minutes, and has dramatically improved in that area (3pt efficiency aside).
    Fixed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, the frequency with which you talk about your fascination with being intimately close to the male asshole is concerning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had him playing like a 7'4" Allen Iverson to start the season. The efficiency problems had to do with that, not the amount of minutes.
    Whose idea do you think that was?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

John Hollinger
    Jan 19, 2024
    From the article:

After a disastrous first quarter of the season, the Spurs finally moved Sochan off the ball, moved Collins out of the starting lineup and shifted Wembanyama to center. Lo and behold, keeping the 7-4 guy closer to the basket seemed to pay some dividends.
    This has always been such an obvious conclusion that I still can't believe I got so much push back when I made that thread, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose idea do you think that was?
    It is always the coach's responsability.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is always the coach's responsability.
    OK, and alienate the generational prospect who had been messaging for well over a year before the draft that he "doesn't want to play center" "wants to fully express himself as a person via basketball" "doesnt want to be limited in any way on the court" etc. etc.? That's all he was talking about leading up to the draft.

Gotta have situational awareness here.

It's like the parent with a precocious child that thinks he or she knows best about everything bc things have always come easy-- some times the parent needs to step back and give the child time to be humbled a little by the world before the lessons set in. Top down, heavy hand would actually be counterproductive. I'm not saying Vic is a Divo or anything, but i do think he's used to being the best of the best and maybe thought the transition to the NBA would have been seemless.

Sprinkle in some trauma Pop still has about Kawhi (see, microphone incident) and you could see why they wanted to give to Vic early to "play free" so he can learn some tough lessons.

Thread Information