Page 102 of 327 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 8175
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you want to trade a player into cap space to avoid the tax or one of the aprons, it costs you picks, it doesn’t get you any. He’s an ending contract next year, and I’m not sure he’s better than Bassey.
    Depends on if the player is any good

Atlanta dodged the tax by trading away Huerter for a future lotto protected first

They dodged the tax again by trading John Collins for Rudy Gay's expiring that might not even have been fully guaranteed I can't remember, and Utah also sent a second round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah thank god they drafted Wiseman instead of Lamelo.
    Actually Bob Myers and Kerr told a story about how they almost drafted Haliburton, he had a terrific workout and killed the interview, but ultimately the team decided to go with Wiseman. Kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just my personal opinion, but I'd prefer for us to end up with 5 and 7 or 6 and 7 and take the combo of Dilly and Matas.

If that doesn't happen, I would be nice to land the #1 pick and hope one of these other teams falls in love with the idea of Sarr so much that they're willing to make a big move up to get him. This is probably unrealistic, but say Detroit has terrible luck again and lands at #5 while we land at #1. While I don't think it makes sense for them, maybe Detroit is so desperate to finally get that #1 pick they they're willing to swap #1 for #5 and a future unprotected FRP or Jaden Ivey. Again, I'm not sure this actually makes any sense for DET, but something along those lines from other team that feels like Sarr at #1 is the big splash they need.
    there's no reason to root for anything less than the #1 pick. Even if we don't want to draft a player there, we can just trade down and aquire more assets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon son, second coming of Doncic? Doncic dominated the Euroleague, winning an MVP and leading his team to the le, in a league that hates playing teenagers. Doncic probably had the best resume of any draft pick since the 1-and-done era started.
    That’s why he went 3rd. Look, I didn’t say Topic is, or he would easily be the 1st pick. But obviously not and mock drafts have him top 5. But I like Topic scoring at will in the paint, not by athleticism but more like cunningness. He’s not the fastest but he has a way to dictate the pace - all very much like Doncic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon son, second coming of Doncic? Doncic dominated the Euroleague, winning an MVP and leading his team to the le, in a league that hates playing teenagers. Doncic probably had the best resume of any draft pick since the 1-and-done era started.
    Yeah, totally different ball game. Also, I don't agree with the comparison, Topic is excellent at getting to the rim because he's pretty damn fast but usually drives straight at the rim, he doesn't have Luka's pace, skill, craftiness, playmaking, shooting prowess... he might end up a really good player, but the comparison isn't a great one IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no reason to root for anything less than the #1 pick. Even if we don't want to draft a player there, we can just trade down and aquire more assets
    Normally I'd agree, and a team such as Dallas would take advantage of this, but the Spurs tend to be far too conservative and would probably reach than risk missing their target, even if the potential reward is well worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been 15 months and one playoff series. Let’s settle down. Before that they were a JOKE franchise, including the regime what dumbassedly created a roster controversy precisely by drafting another PG when they had Fox emerging. Sure the trade Forest Gump’d out for them (tho they were getting ROASTED at the time for trading Hali), but that was absolutely not the goal of that foresight challenged FO at the time they drafted Hali.

Also, Jonny Flynn says hi.
    They wisely drafted bpa and were able to parlay that into a star center to go alongside fox.

You say 1 playoff appearance in 15 months yet there have only been 1 cycle of playoffs in that time And they’re poised to make it this year as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying BPA at pick 1 or 2 is way different than saying BPA at 12 or whatever was Haliburton's pick when there wasn't much left in that draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s why he went 3rd. Look, I didn’t say Topic is, or he would easily be the 1st pick. But obviously not and mock drafts have him top 5. But I like Topic scoring at will in the paint, not by athleticism but more like cunningness. He’s not the fastest but he has a way to dictate the pace - all very much like Doncic
    I'm a huge fan of Topic, but the Doncic comparison is a little unrealistic I think. Just like you can make the argument for Doncic, if you want a scary downside comp looking at their advanced stats, check this out:

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-killian-hayes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he was picked 5th, because euros are always underrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he was picked 5th, because euros are always underrated.
    Luka was picked 3rd, not 5th, it just so happened that he went to the team with the no. 5 pick (Dallas) via trade (with Atlanta, for Trae).

Also, not every Euro is underrated, some are (Sengun, Luka, Giannis, Jokic) while some are overrated (Bargnani, Dragan Bender, Mario Hezonja, Kanter, Kyllian Hayes, Ntilikina, Ousmane Dieng). I'd say a more fair statement would be that they''re improperly rated (for better or worse)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka was picked 3rd, not 5th, it just so happened that he went to the team with the no. 5 pick (Dallas) via trade (with Atlanta, for Trae).

Also, not every Euro is underrated, some are (Sengun, Luka, Giannis, Jokic) while some are overrated (Bargnani, Dragan Bender, Mario Hezonja, Kanter, Kyllian Hayes, Ntilikina, Ousmane Dieng). I'd say a more fair statement would be that they''re improperly rated (for better or worse)
    My post was a response to bb saying he was the best prospect in a long time. Multiple teams in his draft didn’t think so.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My post was a response to bb saying he was the best prospect in a long time. Multiple teams in his draft didn’t think so.
    I said he had the best resume entering the draft that anyone has had in the one and done era. LOL Phoenix pissing their #1 pick away on Ayton instead of making the obvious pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a huge fan of Topic, but the Doncic comparison is a little unrealistic I think. Just like you can make the argument for Doncic, if you want a scary downside comp looking at their advanced stats, check this out:

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-killian-hayes
    OK, now I’m off Topic lol!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, now I’m off Topic lol!
    Problem is there is strong bust potential in so much of the top of this draft. Dillingham could very well be Brandon Knight. Buzelis could be Dragan Bender. And so on. Sarr and Risacher probably have productive floors but outside those two lottery picks are probably going to be pretty high risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic is still my #1 prospect but I can see Risacher being their top prospect as SF might be their biggest need. I hope BW will consider the outlook as of now how strong the 2025 draft will be with fowards, SG's and lacking of point guards.

I don't think Keldon is the answer at SF or a fit next to Wemby. If they are able to get something very similar like they did with White then they need to do that. JP has shown flashes but he is not a starting SF in the NBA anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    comparing Topic to Doncic is insane. Doncic was clearly better than prime Goran Dragic when he played with him in Eurobasket before the draft. Topic is nowhere near prime Dragic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    comparing Topic to Doncic is insane. Doncic was clearly better than prime Goran Dragic when he played with him in Eurobasket before the draft. Topic is nowhere near prime Dragic.
    Pretty much no one here ever saw one single Topic's game, simply basing their judgment on Youtube highilghts from the glorious Adriatic League...

But not every white, young PG from eastern europe whose name ends in "ic" is the next Luka...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    espn has an article about Cody Williams:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-williams-no-1

Projected NBA lottery team that provides the best fit for Williams

[...]
    I'd be curious about Williams as a fit for the San Antonio Spurs, who need a lead guard type and could look to develop him in that vein.
    Personally, I'm not curious at all about him as "lead guard". He is averaging 1.8apg in 30.6mpg...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    espn has an article about Cody Williams:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-williams-no-1

Personally, I'm not curious at all about him as "lead guard". He is averaging 1.8apg in 30.6mpg...
    These takes on Williams are lazy and stupid it's driving me crazy.

Here are the legitimately good things about Cody Williams:

- His size. He's lanky and long and moves pretty well. Once he puts on some weight he'll have good NBA size for a wing.
    - His efficiency. He hits a lot of his shots, including inside.
    - His demeanor seems great and he seems very coachable and plays within a system.
    - He can move the ball within an offense.

Here's what is bad about Cody Williams so far.

- He's weak and gets pushed around. This will probably change.
    - He's passive. Doesn't put up many shots, doesn't take risky shots (when he should).
    - Not a great defender, but this can change with strength.
    - He's slow.
    - He doesn't rebound much at all. Doesn't mix it up, doesn't go after them, doesn't get them.

Here's what he doesn't appear to be:

- A point forward type.

Yet I see it repeated thoughtlessly, like somehow some big wing is going to become LeBron James with distribution because you think so. I've seen no indication of it. Is he Cam Whitmore bad at seeing teammates and passing the ball? No. Is he a hub? Absolutely not.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether or not Cody should be a lead guard is different issue than whether or not Brian Wright drafts him and they try to develop them that way, cuz I wouldn't be shocked if they actually did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like Cody but lead guard? we doing this point sochan again?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like Cody but lead guard? we doing this point sochan again?
    Lead Guard Primo 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Find you someone who loves you the way Wright and Pop love forcing non-PGs to play PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Find you someone who loves you the way Wright and Pop love forcing non-PGs to play PG.
    Which has happened, like... once?

Thread Information