Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of people have given the players including Lonnie and your nephew Kawhi credit on putting in the work to get better. It doesn't matter how great the coach is if the player doesn't want to learn or work so anybody with common sense knows that the most credit goes to the player.
    Do u read the board? Common sense isn't that common... A guy literally just said Kawhi is only great because of chip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy was a pretty solid shooter In School and this off season he actually trained with the guy who Steph Curry uses, not Chip.

Chip is great but it isn't fair to automatically discount the work the players put in or automatically assume Chip did anything to the players shot. Sometimes Chip doesn't mess with the players shot because he thinks their form is already good.
    Don't talk sense and facts... Bow ur knee to the Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not pissed at anything. Lol

I'm saying that as bad as the Duncan2k5 poster is he has a point on a lot of folks on here short change the players hard work. It's a few people in this very thread that said Kawhi is nothing without the Spurs coaching staff. I think that is a very simple way at looking at things. Anyway, Lonnie was a solid NCAA 3 point % shooter and his form looked good in school.

Chip admittedly doesn't tinker with every players shot, just guys who needs the help. This guy's shot wasn't broken and he worked with the one coach in the off season to help with ball handling and shooting off the dribble as well as the Spurs coaches.

Of course coaching helps the players I stated that in other post in this very thread but It seems instead of reading my post you got offended. Lmao.
    Get used to it... Anything that doesn't kiss the ass of the Spurs staff, they immediately shut down... Sometimes i wonder if they ARE the staff posting on here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players need coaches. Players put in the work of course or they will not improve, but they need to be coached. All of them.
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be silly, my guy... Ur comparing a couple summer league games to his college career? U act like Lonnie was a jumpshooter... And why how do players on other teams get good jumpers? Why doesn't ALL spurs players get great jumpers, since someone said chip has "magic"... Hmmm... Could it be that any decent shooting coach could hone the skills of a player that could already shoot? Could it be that it's mostly the work ethic of the player? DeRozan shot like from three this year... Something tells me it's more about player than the shooting coach... Which is my point... Give players credit FIRST... then the staff... Y'all sound like the idiots who say Duncan won because of Pop
    Are you saying Lonnie has not improved his jumpshot? Timvp is alluding to the fact that he was a poor shooter off pull up jumpers based off his college career. He literally pulled evidence that he was not that great of a shooter.

Again no one is dismissing the hard work of the player. No one. Can you ing read?

Also, someone literally explained that Chip does NOT have magic. Yet you make your post seem like he said the opposite to fit your narrative. Again, do you know how to ing read?

God, youre an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There needs to be a poll for worst poster on this board. You would be ing #1, duncan2k5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is dismissing the player's hard work. Its more along the lines of showing acknowledgement that the Spurs coaching gave guidance to players who would have rather became different type of players if they werent taught the right way to play basketball. Hard work might be put in, thats not to be denied. But that path could have made Kawhi or anybody to a road where they didnt become an all world shooter or all world defender. Its this that needs to be acknowledged. Kawhi has even given credit to Chip after he won his Raptors championship. Why give credit to chip if he feels he could have done it without him? Its hand in hand.
    I agree that coaching is needed and I never said that it wasn't but alot of folks on here are dismissive of the players work. As soon as I said the players should be given credit also people on here started going crazy. Lmao.

Both coaching and a player who works hard and understands how to implement what they were taught is needed, I've stated this constantly. Lol. Like you said the coaching and the player wanting and putting in work go hand in hand. Not many fans on here seem to voice what you just posted though.

I also pointed out that Chip doesn't mess with every players shot the team gets because some players already have good shooting form. That's not opinion it's fact. I know one of the reasons our team stays compe ive is due to the coaching staff and will never down play this fact

I appreciate the actual folks who explained their opinion without being sarcastic and hopefully they will not take 1 part of what I typed and extrapolate that while losing context of my whole post.
    Last edited by D-Robinson 50 fan; 07-09-2019 at 05:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying Lonnie has not improved his jumpshot? Timvp is alluding to the fact that he was a poor shooter off pull up jumpers based off his college career. He literally pulled evidence that he was not that great of a shooter.

Again no one is dismissing the hard work of the player. No one. Can you ing read?

Also, someone literally explained that Chip does NOT have magic. Yet you make your post seem like he said the opposite to fit your narrative. Again, do you know how to ing read?

God, youre an idiot.
    Holy ing ur dumb... Read the thread... Someone LITERALLY said chip has magic and gave him credit for Lonnie having a great jumper in the summer league (proven wrong)

"Likes to have the ball in his hand and can shoot from distance or attack off the dribble ... Aggressively looks to score both in half court sets as well as in transition ... Decent three point shooter at the college level" from his draft profile... Yall make it seem like the dude was Shaq... He had a decent stroke... All shooters usually improve with the resources they have once they reach the league if they take advantage of them... But like someone said, slow down on kissing the ass of spurs staff because Lonnie didn't even work with Chip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *or until Rich Paul says so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    classic IB

Same guy that never did what Lonnie is doing in SL. But he'll be there for Lonnie the whole way though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    classic IB

Same guy that never did what Lonnie is doing in SL. But he'll be there for Lonnie the whole way though.
    LOL. Man, Dejounte was so bad in Summer League. I hope he was injured during that stint cause I don't get how he could play worse in Summer League and play better in actual NBA games. I was really excited to see him play last season. Lonnie, Walker IV and White are the guys I wanted to watch most last season. I'm glad White did well, but I actually wanted to see how those other two would play more than White before the season started. White really surprised me. I'm a bit disappointed in how he finished off the playoffs, but overall, I was pretty happy with White.

Thread Information