My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s commonly accepted among basketball circles that shots become harder to make the more actively they’re contested. So, there’s not necessarily anything mind-blowing with The City’s analysis on the subject.

Hence the le of the post: Hand down, man down, a nod to the favorite catchphrase of former TV analyst Mark Jackson, now head coach of the Golden State Warriors.

What makes it interesting is that we’re provided with hard, tangible data with which to gauge a nebulous, yet absolutely critical, facet of the game. This is the type of information that NBA teams have been charting privately for years, and is finally starting to trickle into the hands of the fans thanks to the advent of advanced analytics.

Some of it can make your eyes water and your head swim. But when presented in easy-to-understand format, as is the case here, it can help you grasp — and therefore enjoy — the game at a deeper level.
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...lly-important/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you are tired and out of shape, the hands are usually the first thing to drop. This could be one of the key factors as to whether Mr. Curry sticks with the Spurs or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's absolutely true and that's why I don't like the idea of giving other teams uncontested jumpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a tradeoff. Defenders can't move as well (stay between man and basket) when their hands are up high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats basic rule of coaching when identifying whose fkn tired needs to sub off...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed Splitter has this problem a lot. He keeps his hands down even against bigs with jumpers

Thread Information