Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ......or is it just me? This year in the Conference Finals round we saw the Paul Pierce and Kevin Durant "A Champion Will Rise" commercials with them up in the rafters.....the Heat and Thunder are in the Finals.

In 2009, there were a bunch of MVPuppet commercials with the LeBron and Kobe puppets....the Lakers and Magic were in the Finals that year.

In other words, the opponent of these teams in the commercials ended up in the Finals. I picked up on this when I was on YouTube watching old commercials. I'm sure if I dig hard enough, I could probably find more examples. I was just wondering if it was just coincidence or is it some kind of pattern to this mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your up to something boy...Stern now your f**ked

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    So, the NBA twice pre-advertised/leaked the wrong team in the Finals and you think there is a conspiracy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ......or is it just me? This year in the Conference Finals round we saw the Paul Pierce and Kevin Durant "A Champion Will Rise" commercials with them up in the rafters.....the Heat and Thunder are in the Finals.

In 2009, there were a bunch of MVPuppet commercials with the LeBron and Kobe puppets....the Lakers and Magic were in the Finals that year.

In other words, the opponent of these teams in the commercials ended up in the Finals. I picked up on this when I was on YouTube watching old commercials. I'm sure if I dig hard enough, I could probably find more examples. I was just wondering if it was just coincidence or is it some kind of pattern to this mess.
    mhhh i'm not sure but maybe:
    1/ For economical reasons, the League tends to advertise its best players
    2/ Due to some weird sports logic, some ot these best players happen to win NBA Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant and the Thunder are the young and upcoming team. Trying to win their first Championship.

While the Celtics and Pierce were the old veterans trying to add to their history.

It makes sense assuming those were the only two that were in those type of commercials. Which I think they were. Not sure though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Each time half of the guys in the commercials ended up in the Finals?! Half of the teams in the Conference Finals always end up in the NBA Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL yeah your reaching

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan and Dave say hi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the NBA twice pre-advertised/leaked the wrong team in the Finals and you think there is a conspiracy?
    It's a clever ruse to keep us off the scent. Don't you see it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL yeah your reaching
    Yeah whatever....just an observation. Like I said, I bet I could find more if I looked hard enough.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The patten I notice is that spurfan becomes a conspiracy theorist after losses.

Crowned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, there were bad calls in the Spurs/Thunder series - but the Thunder are playing amazing ball. They're arguably the better team, anyway. There wasn't a conspiracy to blow out D Rose's knee and make the East an easier path. The Spurs got beat.

I hate seeing SA sit on the side, but the Thunder and Heat deserve to be where they are.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The patten I notice is that spurfan becomes a conspiracy theorist after losses.
    You are attempting to throw him off the scent of the true conspiracy. I see right through you.

Thread Information