My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if posted...interesting article on Tim. Found this part interesting:

Just kidding, as this might count in his favor. In fact, Duncan hates Kevin Garnett. Hates him the way liberals hate Sean Hannity. This information comes from very reliable sources, who talk about how KG has made a career of trying to punk Duncan, baiting him and slapping him and whispering really weird smack into his ear. They talk about how funny this is, because the worst thing you can do as an opponent is piss off Duncan. Then, as Malik Rose says, "he f------ destroys you." Duncan's lifetime numbers versus Garnett's teams, by the way: 20.02 points per game, 12.15 boards and a 29--19 record, including the postseason.

Duncan is diplomatic about the topic. Asked if perhaps all those years battling Garnett have softened his feelings for the man, led to a Magic-Larry type of kinship, Duncan leans back on the couch in his hotel room and grins. There is a pause. A longer pause. Finally he says, "Define kinship."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...91/1/index.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never really knew Duncan hated garnett that's interesting, would make a Duncan Garnett finals even more interesting !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find, I always thought Garnett was trying to compete with Duncan on an individual level. Never felt like it was a serious rivalry though.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saw the related article few days ago

Timmy has been hating KG since the game KG slapped him on the court but on the other hand, i think KG doesn't hate Timmy and what he did to Timmy was just because Timmy is the best PF of all time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness, Garnett has grown up a lot since the early days fo that "rivalry." But I still think it's hilarious to put KG in the same class as TD, considering he did jack until he moved to Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy has been hating KG since the game KG slapped him on the court but on the other hand, i think KG doesn't hate Timmy and what he did to Timmy was just because Timmy is the best PF of all time.
    For a guy as compe ive as Garnett, you don't think it pisses him off that Duncan has had a much more successful career?

KG has had an incredibly successful career, but compared with Timmy's, his victories look hollow and unimpressive. I bet KG hates him with the fire of a thousand suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article is full of backhanded compliments and low brow insults. SI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article is full of backhanded compliments and low brow insults. SI.
    Didn't see that at all. It's a great article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I now want the Celtics to make it to the finals so we can sweep them.

Although even if they're knocked out, it will be satisfying if Garnett has to watch Tim win #5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never really knew Duncan hated garnett that's interesting, would make a Duncan Garnett finals even more interesting !
    What's not to hate? Garnett's a great player, but he's also a tremendous bag. He annoys me just watching him on TV, can't imagine having to actually be right next to him for an entire game

Thread Information