My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hardly log on, but I have to give my opinion of tonight's play.

Blair plays Dirk tough physically but 9 times out of 10, I wouldn't trust allowing Blair to cross my 160 year old grandma across the street. He's too ing stupid in the BB IQ department and it hurts him a load. He has his games every now and then, like the one against OKC, and a short stint against the Mavs, but he overall, plays like a ing dumbass. And as a short post, he can't allow those small mistakes to occur.

Bonner. Despite some decent rebounding, and a three point shot made in the 1st half, it's to be expected this pussy misses potential game momentum changing three pointers. I really hope Pop stops privately intoxicating himself to the point that it's inconceivably inevitable to allow Bonner quality rotation minutes. , how bad can someone play the game of basketball when he's limited only one ability?
    Manu had a really bad game. TBH, this is Pop's fault. Had Manu had some rhythm going into this game (would have had, had he played against OKC) he wouldn't have been so rusty. This game, notwithstanding, doesn't accurately foreshadow a legit Spurs rotation, so I won't be as pissed off, but still, anytime we lose to the Mavs, it's ing depressing.

Parker. Parker. Parker. Why did you allow your fellow frenchman to outplay the out of you? I mean really? It seems as if you were tired, and that's certainly a plausible variable to which cast the blame, but c'mon bro, you're a ing MVP candidate. You can't allow that to happen.

Timmy had a decent game. Was to be expected how he played. I really loved how he was aggressive in the post when he had his touches.

Splitter. Good game, despite allowing Dallas scrubs to garner rebounds (despite them going directly towards em or getting personally being outhustled to em).

Green played as well as he could. Some minor mistakes here and there, but who doesn't make them? Loved his tenacity on defense. Loved the way he was aggressive. Love his confidence going forward.

Leonard... can't express how deeply impressed I am with this young player. What a ing defense and offense efficient beast!

Neal, good shot making, but overall, I won't proclaim bad defense due to the fact that the hoop looked like a $5 dollar hooker opportunity to the Mavs... subpar defensively.

Stephen Jackson. Good god, what a ing weapon. I can't express how impressed I was with his defense. Damn. Textbook defense on how to guard (arguably) and frustrate the toughest player to guard on the planet. I really loved the way his enthusiasm was on display. His player persona, going forward, is what the Spurs desperately needed this season. Someone with some ing balls, and some enthusiasm. I sincerely hope it doesn't fizzle out going forward this season.

Pop............................................... .................................................. ...............................what the are you doing allowing Blair extended minutes on Dirk when he's repeatedly torched him time and time again????

And why play Bonner out there when he's consistenly showing how big of a vagina he has? .............. ing man.

When timvp makes his grades tonight, I expect anything below a B for Pop's influence on the game. ing terrible to leave Bonner and Blair out there for a plethora of different reasons.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mavs. Could not miss from three point land & other posters here on Spurstalk will attempt to impart their e-"tough" persona and proclaim that the officiating had nothing to do with this loss, but it really did. I haven't checked out the clear cut statistics. But the calls, at the time they were made, were supremely horrendous and occurred at a rather inopportune time for the Spurs -- totally ing up potential runs or key defensive stops the Spurs could have made... but really, what can you expect, it's a rivalry game, and I won't whine, but still. I would say though that the blame of this loss goes to the Spurs. When you are outplayed offensively and simultaneously allow the opponent team open three after open three (rhythm development defensively), you deserve to lose. This game is on Pop and Parker.

Good game mavfans, was really a great and entertaining game to watch despite my favorite team losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good post. Was thinking the same thing. And about Manu... he just doesn't seem comfortable. I don't like when Parker and him are out on the court at the same time. It seems as if they are at a standstill and don't know which one should lead the offense. And his poor shooting was an anomaly tonight.

Jackson needs more PT leading into this next week. He should be the work horse on this team now. Tonight he looked to stay in his place in the offensive end, excluding that 1 very nice and aggressive drive to the basket (something that RJ extremely lacked). His defense was amazing. He defiantly has a way to get in to the German's head, and he knows it.

Parker looked gassed tonight. And to be fair, he looked a little gassed last night, too. These few days off will do him a lot of good.

Timmy looked very nice tonight. He was drawing fouls at will and his help defense on Dirk was great.

I would like for Pop to look at the roster and seriously consider why he plays every player and how much PT each should get. I would like for him to have his playoff rotations set no less than a month from the playoffs. I would like Bonner to get a guaranteed 8-10 mins. a night and more if his shot is falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the second half of your post. I agree with your thoughts on SJAX. He was very effective on defense against Dirk... But, I think you might (and I was catching myself during the game) be jumping prematurely about Mr. Action Jackson. I pray that he keeps that intensity up. He seemed very excited to be playing in SA again tbh.

Also, you underrated Greens performance. He placed very well considering what we have come to expect. I hope he continues to improve!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Parker being tired was the difference in the game. Without him aggressively attacking the rim the Spurs entire offense grinds to a halt. Manu could have filled this role as well, but he looked a little off as well after missing another game. Couple that with Jason Kidd hitting 4 of 5 beyond the arc and you have a recipe for a loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fuk yo thoughts clown.

jk jk. I just had to this before some true clown came and post that.

Something that I didn't realize until tonight is that the Stephen Jackson aquisition can possibly be a future Dirk stopper. We saw what he did to him in the 07 playoffs, when Jackson gets more playing time/game shape, we might see him playing 30+ minutes in a Dallas matchup.

Thread Information