Page 418 of 441 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 11010
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be curious about a Buzelis/Castle thing, and judging by how the Spurs' contacts won't even talk about them gives me pause.

If the top does go Risacher-Sarr-Clingan(trade) then I'd be super intrigued by Castle/Sheppard. That could be fun, although I don't think Detroit passes on Sheppard on any level. Wait, I got that backwards. You take Sheppard and then if Detroit doesn't actually want Buzelis or is okay waiting, you trade up and then take Castle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it would be incredible for us if Atlanta took Risacher. They got an amazing pick and have to take some role-player to stick in the corner who won't budge their win percentage. They might even have gotten a better player if they drew 10 or wherever they were before.
    Agreed and the more I look at it, this #1 for ATL appears to be a curse wrapped in a blessing as I've called it before. Still not thrilled because SA owns their next 3 FRPs and typically a #1 opens up a lot of options for the Hawks. I was kinda liking the status quo so I'm real resistant to any big shake ups for ATL. But in this case a 2024 #10, where the Hawks had the most natural probability to select, would be a better franchise value in ratio to skill/payscale.

Watching Hawks clog up on this unwieldy bestowment is in stark contrast to Spurs experience landing the #1 pick just a year prior. 2023 #1 was as liberating for SA as 2024 #1 could be binding for ATL.

Still say it sucks ATL made a +9 improbable leap into the #1 slot just 1 season before Spurs own their next three selections because now, I mean, is that really going to happen again? Hawks hit #1 one year later and it would've been ours but now the plot line has already been used.

Will be interesting to see how this 24 #1 bears on ATLs W/L which dictates what the Hawks give SA barring trade (which I would almost certainly not do).
    Last edited by heyheymymy; 4 Days Ago at 09:29 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be curious about a Buzelis/Castle thing, and judging by how the Spurs' contacts won't even talk about them gives me pause.

If the top does go Risacher-Sarr-Clingan(trade) then I'd be super intrigued by Castle/Sheppard. That could be fun, although I don't think Detroit passes on Sheppard on any level. Wait, I got that backwards. You take Sheppard and then if Detroit doesn't actually want Buzelis or is okay waiting, you trade up and then take Castle.
    Right, if Spurs also want Shepard along with Castle, I think the call goes in to DET along the lines of the Spurs definitely taking Shepard at 4 (taking that off the table for DET), and want to know the price for 5. Remind DET that one of Cody or Matas should be there at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ZR could keep ATL just good enough to not upgrade the roster better while ultimately not being good enough himself to make them better.

Same situation in CHI. Hope the Bulls keep Derozan like I hope Hawks keep Young because the absence in role and salary can be filled with someone who moves the needle better for these teams. Of course double edged sword because Derozan and Young have star power and can elevate at times too.

But look at CHI with Demar, #11 when we have a top 10 protected. Literally the best possible finishing position if it were 2025 with roster as is yet Derozan, P. Williams, and Drummund could be outbound which is a huge change up to roster composition when as is produced the best possible results in SA's eyes.

It's a tightrope and to a certain degree too variable to anticipate. It's nice that CHI falls to only top 8 protected for 2026 and 2027 if SA misses it in 2025 so you get a few more shots at it. Wonder what the update on Ball will say? Looks like April 2024 Ball was said to be at 70% recovery for the knee injury or so they claim. Not sure what the outlook is there but I feel like Ball is likely not ever going to return and if so that's a factor as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could move up to #5 from #8… I’d be really intrigued by the idea of taking Buzelis and Risacher or Buzelis and Castle (but viewing Castle as a ball handling wing, not a “PG” in the traditional sense). Right after the lottery draw, I was a proponent of doubling up on wing, and I’ve come back to that concept. Get some high caliber swings at shoring up the 3/4 (which are our biggest weak spots IMO, not PG).

If you are still hungry for a PG prospect, go to PHX or NO who are both reported at wanting to drop out of the first for some seconds, and you might be able to get Topic (meh, but good value), Collier (yuck), or McCain. Or see if you can trade CHI25 for #11 and take Carter there.

Even if you hit big in the lotto next year, there is nothing stopping you from taking BPA there either, even if your wing picks hit. You’ll still have a need for another wing or guard.
    I really like McCain in that range. Excellent deep threat that 'might' make a starting caliber PG, but would be at least a sniper off the bench if he doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, if Spurs also want Shepard along with Castle, I think the call goes in to DET along the lines of the Spurs definitely taking Shepard at 4 (taking that off the table for DET), and want to know the price for 5. Remind DET that one of Cody or Matas should be there at 8.
    I'd want the deal with Detroit in place before picking Sheppard. I value Castle more and want to ensure I get him.

As for cost, I do think I'd spend that CHA pick to move if that's what it takes. I really don't see a playoff team for them next year. It's two good Charlotte SRPs and those will probably be pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically guaranteed one of Risacher/Sarr/Castle/Sheppard and one of Carter/Williams/Salaun/Buzelis without even spending a single dime in future capital or moving a single slot from natural selection position.

Can't wait for the draft!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it would be incredible for us if Atlanta took Risacher. They got an amazing pick and have to take some role-player to stick in the corner who won't budge their win percentage. They might even have gotten a better player if they drew 10 or wherever they were before.
    This is the least amazing set of #1 pick options of the millennium, so far. Their owner has showed no inclination to pay the tax, and they just got saddled with a #1 pick that in no way will justify their salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA gets to #4 with Risacher/Castle/Sheppard all still on the board I'm ashamed to admit I would load DET a wheelbarrow full of future FRPs to move up at #5 and double dip two in any combination of Risacher/Castle/Sheppard

That would jumpstart the timeline imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That quote from DET FO saying they would also consider trades at # 5 is a nice development

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA gets to #4 with Risacher/Castle/Sheppard all still on the board I'm ashamed to admit I would load DET a wheelbarrow full of future FRPs to move up at #5 and double dip two in any combination of Risacher/Castle/Sheppard

That would jumpstart the timeline imho
    FRPs shouldn't be necessary. That CHA has some value. The CHI miiiiight be on the table. Otherwise the Spurs can give them a gift basket of SRPs.

If that doesn't do it, then Charlotte is right there. They don't owe any more FRPs than the one we have, but getting it back gives them control of their SRPs and they can trade their own pick again w/ or w/out protections and/or 2026 if they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For my tin-foil hat compadres.

Two notable names absent from the workout tracker atm - Matas Buzelis and Cody Williams and a third that is on the rise
    in Carlton Carrington.

Sochan and Primo both didn’t show up on the tracker pre-draft. And although I can’t confirm it now, also believe Vassell wasn’t on that list at the time.
    I can see it now. With the 4th pick in the 2024 NBA Draft, the San Antonio Spurs select… Matas Buzelis from G-League Ignite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FRPs shouldn't be necessary. That CHA has some value. The CHI miiiiight be on the table. Otherwise the Spurs can give them a gift basket of SRPs.

If that doesn't do it, then Charlotte is right there. They don't owe any more FRPs than the one we have, but getting it back gives them control of their SRPs and they can trade their own pick again w/ or w/out protections and/or 2026 if they want.
    Yeah 8 to 5 is not that drastic especially with 2024's flat top 5. DET may privately want down a few pegs assuming their target(s) will still be there at #8 with the benefit of slightly cheaper pay scale.

Some seconds truly could get it done.

Not sure the leverage is there with CHA since Hornets could just aim for the entire first half of the 2025 draft to shake their obligation to SA and get rewarded with a lottery pick in the prized 2025 draft for doing so. But I like your point, if CHA wants the pick back to trade out again during their roster construction or prioritizes knowing they can win some in 2025 and still keep their draft assets too that might be valuable to a franchise with new leadership changing course and who has some key roster decisions with big names (is wife beater staying? Will Lonzo be healthy or do we shore up his position etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah 8 to 5 is not that drastic especially with 2024's flat top 5. DET may privately want down a few pegs assuming their target(s) will still be there at #8 with the benefit of slightly cheaper pay scale.

Some seconds truly could get it done.

Not sure the leverage is there with CHA since Hornets could just aim for the entire first half of the 2025 draft to shake their obligation to SA and get rewarded with a lottery pick in the prized 2025 draft for doing so. But I like your point, if CHA wants the pick back to trade out again during their roster construction or prioritizes knowing they can win some in 2025 and still keep their draft assets too that might be valuable to a franchise with new leadership changing course and who has some key roster decisions with big names (is wife beater staying? Will Lonzo be healthy or do we shore up his position etc)
    They keep the pick if it’s in the lottery, regardless. You’re essentially trading them back the two second rounders they owe you if the FRP doesn’t convey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you trade Charlotte's pick back to Charlotte they get:

- Their two SRPs back (2026, 2027)
    - The chance to re-trade their 2025 pick to anybody (with protections)
    - The ability to trade their 2026 pick, if they want

It's probably not exciting for them, but those are pretty good SRPs and flexibility isn't nothing. It also relieves any pressure to 'tank.'

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reddit thread - ESPN article on the guards this draft cycle:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/c...ntial_coaches/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reddit thread - ESPN article on the guards this draft cycle:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/c...ntial_coaches/
    This is great stuff, thanks for sharing. WC Exec #1 is a chatterbox, lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what odds are. They're designed to draw suckers.
    Gold coming from Mr “anybody who takes the under is an idiot” Body

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gold coming from Mr “anybody who takes the under is an idiot” Body
    I don't gamble. If you're not aware that you're going to lose in the end, that's up to you. Our societal embrace of sports betting is going to ruin a lot of people and bring us to numerous scandals.

You may feel otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They keep the pick if it’s in the lottery, regardless. You’re essentially trading them back the two second rounders they owe you if the FRP doesn’t convey.
    It's true and 14 slots is a big target to hit, it's half the entire round.

CHA doesn't even have to really tank, they could just drop the few games they needed to in order to land 1-14 and keep their FRP in 2025 which is probably more enticing to them vs. the two second round picks if they were to choose. SA can try to offer the CHA pick back to them but it's basically saying here you can win up into 15-30 now if you want to which I'm not sure is the juicy trade bargaining chip it needs to be to lure Hornets to the negotiating table. CHA can just say or we lose 5-10 more games, get just as far anyway, but keep the FRP too. Plus if CHA keeps it, that means it's a lottery pick, so if they keep it, it's valuable too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a moron. Spurs were in the 3 spot most of the season which would have us drafting 6 and 8th. Just stop embarrassing yourself.
    Oh my gosh this is the dumbest out of everyone who has misunderstood...yes we WERE in third so I'm saying we should have lost more games to move up to 2...Washington had a better record than us most of the season yet wound up below us...anyways we'll see Wed if we give anything up to move up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although who knows what CHA FO mindset is rn. New leadership may prioritize controlling their future or want the asset unlocked to make moves with for roster reconstruction. Mr Body makes a solid list of perks, scant as they may be, on what's in it for CHA.

I'm just saying if I'm CHA I'm telling SA or we could do nothing and probably only owe you some seconds which feel easier to let go than the FRP in a treasure chest 2025 first round.
    Last edited by heyheymymy; 4 Days Ago at 04:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true and 14 slots is a big target to hit, it's half the entire round.

CHA doesn't even have to really tank, they could just drop the few games they needed to in order to land 1-14 and keep their FRP in 2025 which is probably more enticing to them vs. the two second round picks if they were to choose. SA can try to offer the CHA pick back to them but it's basically saying here you can win up into 15-30 now if you want to which I'm not sure is the juicy trade bargaining chip it needs to be to lure Hornets to the negotiating table. CHA can just say or we lose 5-10 more games, get just as far anyway, but keep the FRP too. Plus if CHA keeps it, that means it's a lottery pick, so if they keep it, it's valuable too.
    Someone else pointed out that they can also re-trade the pick, or trade their 2026 pick in advance if they get 2025 back.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone else pointed out that they can also re-trade the pick, or trade their 2026 pick in advance if they get 2025 back.
    Would you consider trading 4 for Charlotte to lift the lottery protection on the 25 pick? How about trading 8 for Charlotte to lift protections on the 25?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, that's tantalizing for CHA to open up their options for more flexibility and control of future assets.

Honestly if I'm CHA I'm listening if SA calls. #6 to #8 is not a bad slide down For Hornets in exchange for brining your natural pick(s) back home and the unlocked command of your future. Spurs leverage in CHA 2025 based deal talks seems baked into CHA's perspective on this.

Wonder if CHA FO may even value the ability to win up in 2024-2025 season too. Will be interesting to see what a new vision in Charlotte looks like but I could see them more aggressively win-now than before. Not sure how they get there with current pieces plus moves though.

Thread Information