Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pissed for what? That he's going to be paid 50M as opposed to 80M to play basketball? That his net worth is going to be 200M rather than 220M? Klay is washed, he should thank his pal Curry that GSW is still trying to keep the core together and may get an offer he doesn't deserve. Cry me a river, Klay.
    Nah Golden State has been pretty clear he's gone. Went out of their way to say their days of spending big are over. He's gone and they'll probably try to find some way to dump Wiggins too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude could come in and probably be our best wing.Champ,Keldon,Sochan and other wings are not good or just average.
    Hoping sochan makes a big jump or we may have to move on from him.
    That is depressing and true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that list of teams interested in Tobias is correct, I don’t see him going anywhere other than Dallas or NO. I don’t see anyone throwing him a bag big enough to persuade him to join a lotto team over a playoff team… but who knows.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that list of teams interested in Tobias is correct, I don’t see him going anywhere other than Dallas or NO. I don’t see anyone throwing him a bag big enough to persuade him to join a lotto team over a playoff team… but who knows.
    Dallas is on $173M for the upcoming season.
    Even if they get rid of THJ, Powell and Kleber, still right around the cap, at $141M.

I can see him going there if he wants to compete. But after what we've seen from him over the past few years, I don't think competing is his priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is on $173M for the upcoming season.
    Even if they get rid of THJ, Powell and Kleber, still right around the cap, at $141M.

I can see him going there if he wants to compete. But after what we've seen from him over the past few years, I don't think competing is his priority.
    Fair enough, but he’s coming off a massive deal, and I personally wouldn’t offer him more than $10MM/yr (if that), so the incremental value that a team like Utah, Detroit or SA can offer shouldn’t be that compelling… but who knows. DET and UTA have money to burn… maybe they do a FVV-style short term overpay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not against picking him up off the scrap heap, but I’m not paying an asset for him. They should have done a Presti, and traded him after season 3 before the extension becomes an issue. He obviously didn’t get one.
    Rumor reports were Williams turned down 4/64 extension from the Bulls back in the extension window.

Anyways, based on how young players are late to develop in Chicago or do better elsewhere, Williams is a solid candidate for outperforming his next deal.

The 2 biv issues with Williams are health and rebounding.

Everything else he's good for a role player next to Wemby. Very good defender for bigger wings, 40% three point shooter, weakside rim protection. He's not a go to scorer but he knows that, he won't be playing keep away from Wemby to try and get his own. Can't stay with smaller quicker players but that's how it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, but he’s coming off a massive deal, and I personally wouldn’t offer him more than $10MM/yr (if that), so the incremental value that a team like Utah, Detroit or SA can offer shouldn’t be that compelling… but who knows. DET and UTA have money to burn… maybe they do a FVV-style short term overpay.
    It all depends on the draft.
    If we get Castle and Carter, we'll surely get a forward with respectable 3pt shot.

Tre/Castle/Wesley
    Devin/Carter/Branham
    Jeremy/Champ/Sidy
    ?/?
    Wemby/Bassey

Harris, Barnes or Batum would be the most reasonable veteran forward ideas.
    Can't have a team full of kids. If this draft happens, get one of them and bring back Mamu.
    Draft another big with #35 and see how it goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew... who told you your hair is okay?
    It's not okay.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with Tobias. He's not a great player, but 4th / 5th option role player who can be decently efficient is a big upgrade over our current wings, and there aren't too many good big wings available.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Harris agrees to a medium contract like 3/60, sign me in. He should be a perfect fit, knows how to play alongside a dominant big and can fill multiple roles. If he had not been payed like a star, he would have been discussed as the perfect role player. Spurs need some veteran help alongside all the young players. Might be a positive effect on Sochan. If not, Sochan would be out after his rookie contract anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Harris agrees to a medium contract like 3/60, sign me in. He should be a perfect fit, knows how to play alongside a dominant big and can fill multiple roles. If he had not been payed like a star, he would have been discussed as the perfect role player. Spurs need some veteran help alongside all the young players. Might be a positive effect on Sochan. If not, Sochan would be out after his rookie contract anyway.
    I agree. Perfect placeholder for subsequent drafts when the Spurs can find their wing of the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris? The ?

You take the trash out, not bring it inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris? The ?

You take the trash out, not bring it inside.
    I would rather have Klay Thompson than Harris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew... who told you your hair is okay?
    It's not okay.
    I guess Detlef Shrempf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peak, yes, but current versions I take Tobias. Klay has had two major leg injuries, and is a shadow of himself. If we’re talking about raising the floor over the next couple of years, Harris is the better play,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Detlef Shrempf.
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By a hair, me too. Thompson will have something to prove if he came to a cellar dweller. I'd take the locker room pressure on everyone, including the coaches, to win over the difference on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick look at Spurs salary cap situation for this summer with $141M as salary cap (latest number given by the NBA).

Spurs will likely waive Graham, they will have $103.1M in guaranteed salary for 9 players (Vassell, Johnson, Collins, Wembanyama, Jones, Sochan, Branham, Wesley and Cissoko).
    There are cap hold for #4 and #8: $15.4M
    After that it will depend on what they do with their free agents and players with non-guaranteed contracts. There might have some incomplete roster charge to add.

If Spurs keep Champagnie, waive Bassey and renounce to their FAs (Osman, Mamu and Barlow), they will have $19.5M in cap space.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really depends on the contract numbers/years.

People underrate Harris at this point because he was overpaid in Philly. But Harris is definitely the more valuable player at this point in their respective careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a better option yet: we can have neither. Worth considering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick look at Spurs salary cap situation for this summer with $141M as salary cap (latest number given by the NBA).

Spurs will likely waive Graham, they will have $103.1M in guaranteed salary for 9 players (Vassell, Johnson, Collins, Wembanyama, Jones, Sochan, Branham, Wesley and Cissoko).
    There are cap hold for #4 and #8: $15.4M
    After that it will depend on what they do with their free agents and players with non-guaranteed contracts. There might have some incomplete roster charge to add.

If Spurs keep Champagnie, waive Bassey and renounce to their FAs (Osman, Mamu and Barlow), they will have $19.5M in cap space.
    Im hoping SA can use Graham in a trade to be honest and make use of that contract vs having to eat that 2M (even though its not a big deal at all)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't kill the messenger.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't kill the messenger.
    Chris paul can come in and immediatley be our best playmaker.But hes pretty old and not his best anymore.
    But it also sucked seeing wemby get himself open and nobody being able to get the ball to him cause this
    team has no basketball iq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 could throw a lob or two, but he's not a winner. I'd pass unless he's really the best PATFO can do for a veteran.

Thread Information