Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pistons Fire Monty Williams. A week before the draft interesting timing. Franchise seems to be in complete turmoil.
    Another franchise, like Phoenix, joining the Let’s Pay Three Coaches At Once Club?

Monte was put into an untenable situation with the roster that Troy Weaver assembled. Troy deserved to be fired for that. Monte did not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chances we pursue Butler. Apparently he’s being shopped. He would look great next to wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One note: at the start of last season Ivey seemed to really be in Monte's doghouse. By the end of the season, Ivey was starting and playing heavy minutes, but it wasn't clear that Ivey was someone Monte really cared for. Ivey may either get shipped off by the new regime, or they may view him as a key piece who has been mismanaged to date. I think that will be an important pivot piece for Detroit. I'd still be very interested him for the Spurs in the 6th man scorer role if he were available.
    Not really a fan of Ivey but I would consider making a call to see if they're interested in a deal centered around Keldon Johnson and/or Champagnie, plus maybe minor pieces (not FRPs). Under those conditions it could be worth taking a closer look at him for a couple of years before making a decision, and a change of scenery might suit him well too. I'd ask for Sasser as well since we're at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chances we pursue Butler. Apparently he’s being shopped. He would look great next to wemby
    He’s a problem child that wears out his welcome everywhere he goes. He also didn’t mesh well with young players in Minny. He’ll be 35 before next season starts, which is why Miami won’t pay him,and is willing to do a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler's very good, but also the prime example in this era of a guy who maybe thought a tad too much of his own talents, insisting on being "the man" and #1 option instead of staying with Embiid... That 76er team was one improbable shot away from going to the conference finals. Butler also feuded with situations in Chicago, Minny, and Philly, so there seems to be a clear track record. If he was 28 it might be a good risk, but at 35 (on a team with an emerging 20 yr old superstar), I just don't think the fit is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pistons Fire Monty Williams. A week before the draft interesting timing. Franchise seems to be in complete turmoil.
    Must be nice to get your next 50-60 million for free. Doubt he cares about getting fired from the worst situation in basketball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF, didn't they pay Monty an insane contract? Do they have to eat the cost of what's left on his contract?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard no on Butler. He is old, has bad knees, and every team he has been on has ended up not wanting him after a few years.

Bulls, Wolves, 76ers, and now the Heat, all got out of the Jimmy Butler business almost as soon as they got into the Jimmy Butler business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another franchise, like Phoenix, joining the Let’s Pay Three Coaches At Once Club?

Monte was put into an untenable situation with the roster that Troy Weaver assembled. Troy deserved to be fired for that. Monte did not.
    monte was also weirdly playing killian hayes over jaden ivey to the point where weaver had to trade him like the moneyball scene where he said "you cant play pena at first today. i traded him"

im not saying thats a terminable offense, but that really stuck out to me in the first half of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 free agent on my wish-list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Same for me. Would love him in our 6th man role, especially if we move Keldon (which I think we should). If a bigger deal presented itself where we moved Devin (not saying we should look to move Devin, but if he's the key to a deal), I'd also like him as a starting SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same for me. Would love him in our 6th man role, especially if we move Keldon (which I think we should). If a bigger deal presented itself where we moved Devin (not saying we should look to move Devin, but if he's the key to a deal), I'd also like him as a starting SG.
    i think his ideal role is 6th man who can come in at either guard spot for primarily a 3 man rotation, but if we draft a PG, i think monk can easily stand-in at PG until the rook is ready to start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers hiring JJ Red on a 4-year deal, apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is where posts about making trades belong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers hiring JJ Red on a 4-year deal, apparently.
    Pretty sure cause he’s lebron’s buddy but how long before they throw him under the bus too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He would be the ideal sixth man tbh. I think Sac can only offer him a max of less than 20M a season. can't see him going to Orlando with all their guards. Philly and Detroit could be threats but unless Detroit massively overpays him, no one wants to play there. and i dont see Morey overpaying for Monk. He's ripe for the picking for SA imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well that sucks, definitely makes OKC a lot better. Hard to believe Giddey is the best player Chicago could have gotten for Caruso, maybe they think there's untapped potential there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a steal by OKC. Chicago forget that tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Giddy can't even play in close games. Spurs should definitely have made a run for Caruso, who is so good that the Lakers imploded when he left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only silver lining is that Caruso is in the final year of his deal. He’ll be an UFA next Summer. Still annoying though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Giddy can't even play in close games. Spurs should definitely have made a run for Caruso, who is so good that the Lakers imploded when he left.
    Yup. They had to bench Giddey in close games in the playoffs because of his inability to shoot the ball.

Meanwhile Caruso shot a career-high 41% from 3 on last season on high volume — almost 5 attempts per game. And he’s a lockdown defender obviously. Huge upgrade for the Meth-heads tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn good upgrade. Slight improvement from J-Dub & Chet puts OKC in the finals, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Bulls are going to bottom out.
    Should look to trade that '25 CHI pick for a solid rotation piece, tbh.

Thread Information