Page 273 of 347 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 8664
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle/Edey at least attempts to solve all of our problems. We can still target a big wing/SF in free agency, trade of future picks, or 25 draft.

Give Castle a try at PG. Edey solves our weakness at PF by providing twin towers capability. Sochan can slide between SF/PF depending on matchups. Now I know you are sold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re not understanding what you’re seeing then. NO ONE dribble attacks in this offense. That’s likely what you’re interpreting as passive, but it isn’t.
    There’s plenty of times I saw from what I watched where system broke down at times or where it needed to be 1v1 and he always seemingly shied away. Or even within system he passed on decent looks that others would have fired

The system stuff may explain a lot but not all of what I saw. I understand I may be wrong and it’s non issue; do you give any credence the possibility you’re wrong and it’s not all system but a real lack of confidence and/or ability?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if posted already (not see it), but did the update the Castle measurements yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    castle attempts 30 three pointers in an empty gym setting and is shooting up draft boards lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if posted already (not see it), but did the update the Castle measurements yet?
    no, not officially. people on the twitters are referencing his past measurements from the Hoops Summit but nothing new from the combine yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe they have officially updated his measurements but in the past he was measured at around 6'5 without shoes with a 6'9 wingspan. Hopefully they update his measurements today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, re: all the "max vert" numbers... just a reminder that the NFL is a completely different ballgame from a pure athletic perspective (though i would def say relative skill of typical NBA players is much higher than typical NFL players)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I don't know that Castle has a huge bag on offense, and that's even as a range threat. He can finish lobs and cuts pretty well, but the thing that makes him a great defender, his methodical, careful movement and positioning, is kinda the same on offense. He's not that quick, little blow-by, has to bump and spin to get around defenders to get to the bucket. He's decently athletic on the run but doesn't have a ton of pop otherwise.

That said, Pop's offense is predicated on quick moves, reads, and so on, and he's certainly capable of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I don't know that Castle has a huge bag on offense, and that's even as a range threat. He can finish lobs and cuts pretty well, but the thing that makes him a great defender, his methodical, careful movement and positioning, is kinda the same on offense. He's not that quick, little blow-by, has to bump and spin to get around defenders to get to the bucket. He's decently athletic on the run but doesn't have a ton of pop otherwise.

That said, Pop's offense is predicated on quick moves, reads, and so on, and he's certainly capable of that.
    to me, Castle feels like a less athletic Tony Allen. that doesnt mean he's going to be a bad player by any stretch (think some people forget how much spring allen had with the celtics and just remember his old man days)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's always fun to look at pre-combine scouting stuff, and then at combine results. My favorite one at the moment is from Kevin O'Connor at The Ringer, talking about Reed Sheppard: "He’s a below-the-rim athlete, but he has soft touch using either hand and good footwork. "

A guy with a 42" vertical is a below-the-rim athlete.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its questionable how helpful your volleyball vert is in most situations. sheppard definitely plays below the rim. you dont exactly see clips of him flying through the lane for a dunk over an outstretched defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on team Sheppard/Castle. Do it RC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's always fun to look at pre-combine scouting stuff, and then at combine results. My favorite one at the moment is from Kevin O'Connor at The Ringer, talking about Reed Sheppard: "He’s a below-the-rim athlete, but he has soft touch using either hand and good footwork. "

A guy with a 42" vertical is a below-the-rim athlete.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft
    He is pretty below the rim though. He's not going to dunk on anybody. It's also widely thought he gamed the jump by not extending on his standing reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only second the growing love for Castle. That's a pick I wouldn't detest either. Not a short term prospect, and not as sexy as others, but you can imagine the player he could ideally become, and that player would have a place on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to me, Castle feels like a less athletic Tony Allen. that doesnt mean he's going to be a bad player by any stretch (think some people forget how much spring allen had with the celtics and just remember his old man days)
    'Athleticism' is such a cloudy topic. Most people wouldn't say Tony Parker was that athletic, because he didn't jump that high, but he was the fastest player in the league. How is that not athletic? Castle isn't athletic even by that measure - he doesn't have burst or speed - but he has this ability to stick with players, wall up very well without fouling, and this controlled shiftiness in close spaces that keeps him attached to people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only second the growing love for Castle. That's a pick I wouldn't detest either. Not a short term prospect, and not as sexy as others, but you can imagine the player he could ideally become, and that player would have a place on that team.
    With Castle I think you have to live with a lack of offensive threat throughout his career. That's fine -- we badly need a strong perimeter defender. The big issue is how he plays with Sochan and whether he and Cissoko are kind of the same player. But worry about that later.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm interested in Castle vs Holland. Castle is a more proven defender but Holland seems very motivated, high motor etc and his motor translates to offense better. Not knowing enough details otherwise, Holland might have the edge as far as ceiling.
    I think the main difference is Holland is a bit taller but Castle can be tried at PG which is our bigger need. Similar length, Holland relies more on athleticism. Castle is the safer pick, classic utility guard with length aka Derrick White perhaps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Athleticism' is such a cloudy topic. Most people wouldn't say Tony Parker was that athletic, because he didn't jump that high, but he was the fastest player in the league. How is that not athletic? Castle isn't athletic even by that measure - he doesn't have burst or speed - but he has this ability to stick with players, wall up very well without fouling, and this controlled shiftiness in close spaces that keeps him attached to people.
    derrick white has that same attribute on defense. so did Tony Allen, but he had the other things too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is pretty below the rim though. He's not going to dunk on anybody. It's also widely thought he gamed the jump by not extending on his standing reach.
    O'Connor was talking about his athleticism, which is clearly not "below-the-rim," as he's also a very good shot blocker and defensive rebounder for a guard.

And I think the "gaming the system" thought was immediately brought about by people who were shocked that their eye test was so obviously wrong. Even if he did fudge the standing reach, what is the knock on him-- that he really only has a 40" vertical? That's still a great vertical.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, re: all the "max vert" numbers... just a reminder that the NFL is a completely different ballgame from a pure athletic perspective (though i would def say relative skill of typical NBA players is much higher than typical NFL players)

Gotta remember these players are all much taller than the average NFL combine goer

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey solves our weakness at PF by providing twin towers capability
    2007 called. It wants its team building ideology back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda funny -- other Spurs boards are 100% in on Risacher and will shout down dissent. This board is so-so on him.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s going to be a pain no matter what with a roster this young. But, Branham/Wesley may both be gone after next season or during. Wesley fell off a cliff as this past season ended. Branham is 50/50 at best to get a QO.
    And then the Spurs will have 2-3 more rookies coming in next year from their own pick, the Atlanta pick, and probably the Chicago pick if there are no trades. Just makes sense to keep pushing those seconds down the road as well as using them in trades like how they got the unprotected Dallas pick swap in 2030.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Dillingham participate in any of the shooting or athletic testing yesterday?? Haven’t seen anything from him
    If he skipped them it really takes my estimation of Rob down a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't help seeing that pic thinking these shy, skinny kids are the ones we're putting so much hope on

Thread Information