Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1703
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Trae. Wemby makes up for defense. Draft a 3 and D or acquire via trade/FA. Playoff team.
    Trade for Trae with what? Atlanta would be embarrassed not to get those FRP’s back, and the Spurs are not about to do that. It’s not happening. There would be bigger players, no pun intended, who will force their way to get a chance to play with Wemby, so I’m not really concerned about the Spurs not getting the good players to surround Wemby. They will come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, again it was always their undoing in the playoffs and almost was even the year they won, with the path cleared.

The "failed Lillard experiment" is because he appears post prime now, he was having family issues exacerbated by the late and unexpected off season move to the Bucks, they had no POA defender and Middleton was in and out and rarely playing regular minutes.
    He was first of all injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was first of all injured.
    That will happen regularly when you’re in your 30s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs should trade the ATL 25 pick under any cir stances. They might strike gold in that draft.

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My suggestion: Spurs trade 3 1sts (2024 1st from Toronto, 2025 1st from Chicago; and 2025 Atlanta 1st) plus Keldon and Collins to match salary.

Atlanta gets 3 legit #1 picks for Young, and they can legit tank for the 2025 draft. Also, if they commit to the tank (and they should), it should boost the value of the 2026 swap owned by the Spurs, and to a lesser extent, the 2027 ATL 1st. As things stand, the the three ATL picks owned by the Spurs are likely to fall in the 12-20 range. Not bad, but I like the idea of juicing value of the 2026 swap. Imagine if the Spurs develop as we hope over the next two season and are on the cusp of a long run of deep playoff runs, and they're holding a top-5 pick in 2026. Get me my fainting couch!

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs should trade the ATL 25 pick under any cir stances. They might strike gold in that draft.
    Clearly I did not refresh the thread before my last post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Trae with what? Atlanta would be embarrassed not to get those FRP’s back, and the Spurs are not about to do that. It’s not happening. There would be bigger players, no pun intended, who will force their way to get a chance to play with Wemby, so I’m not really concerned about the Spurs not getting the good players to surround Wemby. They will come.
    When will the players come? Wemby wants to win now and we can make it happen without leveraging our future. We have a lot of picks and can set up the best package for Hawks that's obvious. Draft at 4 and 8 in a weak af draft with some vets and wait for the young guys to become stars or for a superstar to come? Then get the 25 picks and wait for them to be good too? What is that 5 years until compe ive for a chip? We can win now and still have picks and assets for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will the players come? Wemby wants to win now and we can make it happen without leveraging our future. We have a lot of picks and can set up the best package for Hawks that's obvious. Draft at 4 and 8 in a weak af draft with some vets and wait for the young guys to become stars or for a superstar to come? Then get the 25 picks and wait for them to be good too? What is that 5 years until compe ive for a chip? We can win now and still have picks and assets for the future.
    Patience. 2025 draft is a much deeper class, and the Spurs will have 3 potential FRP’s, 3 SRP’s. 2025 also is when all these big free agent players will be available, or could opt out of their contracts, from Markannen to Donovan Mitc , Ingram, Cunningham, and the list goes on. Either Spurs use those picks to draft on a more deeper class, or include as trade package. Players like Donovan Mitc could force his way out to the Spurs to get a chance to play with Wemby, and there will be more as Wemby start showing dominance. You don’t want to give back all of Atlanta unprotected FRP’s and tied to Trae’s behemoth contract (he’s not even worth it). You will wait with patience for a better player(s) to use those FRP’s.

I expect the Spurs will draft their two lottery picks. Keep Tre at starting PG until any of Castle/Dilly or whoever takes it from him. Observe the developments of the young core especially Sochan, Wesley, Branham, Barlow, Cidy. Come trade deadline, they will know which players are opting out (not sure of the date) and will be available in 2025. That’s when I expect them to splurge and go ALL IN, and not a day before. The Spurs have a very good hand of Aces. They can wait for the river to go ALL IN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they also absorb Collins money and change the 2027 ATL pick to the 2026 Swap sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one wants Trae Young. That's the real story. They're trying to create a market to get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't think it's gonna happen but it would be so amazing if it did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it would destroy any chances at deep playoff runs for the next eight years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crazy there's still people wanting this cancer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer is the one who broke the Dejounte to Atlanta rumor so he's pretty well connected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crazy there's still people wanting this cancer
    Yeah it would destroy any chances at deep playoff runs for the next eight years.
    Ya no deep playoff chances with Trae Young and Wemby lmaooo. Let's try to make the playoffs in 8 years slow and steady instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we're better off with Wesley and Branham. FFS, you're so pompous for a re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we're better off with Wesley and Branham. FFS, you're so pompous for a re .
    Why is it either Trae young or Maliki and Wesley? There are only three PGs in the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just means the spurs are more interesting in bringing dejounte back instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We ripped Atlanta off in hindsight I'm would not want to give those picks back I'd off we these two first rounders Charlotte and even Chicagos with some players Keldon malaki zollins sochan like make a package out of that for young or another young in the window proven commodity I agree with the above poster not waiting on developing maybes possibles could be and waste Wemby years go for the proven whoever that is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass. Can we close this thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    matrix_bullet_dodge.jpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass. Can we close this thread?
    Can’t wait until LA buys low this summer. Maybe this will stop?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 3 reports now saying they are not interested from Finger, Sotto and Fischer. BSPN has to talk about something they can't just stare at the camera.

Thread Information