Page 257 of 330 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 8240
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't throw in the extra first
    The extra first is to move up from pick 8 to pick 5….not worth it to you? Especially if it means not having to trade an extra first post draft anyways to land a stop gap PG in this scenario or others…and it frees up about 10M in cap space for SA as well (DET has a ton of cap space so can absorb Keldon (19M) and just send out Ivey (8M) (plus the difference in salaries from pick 8 to pick 5).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Edey beat Sarr on the lane agility time with 11.19 secs to 11.43 secs
    Thats wild

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The extra first is to move up from pick 8 to pick 5….not worth it to you? Especially if it means not having to trade an extra first post draft anyways to land a stop gap PG in this scenario or others…
    There isn’t anyone worth spending a FRP on to move upon this draft, IMO. There isn’t anyone that screams 1-2 pick, but a whole bunch of like 3-5 range guys, like 8-9 of them. We could get great value at 8 by just sitting tight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eeeeeeeeeddddddddyyyyy! Him and Vic would break the nba.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matas with a 38 vert is nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Bronny was already not a legitimate draft prospect when he was listed at 6’4

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The extra first is to move up from pick 8 to pick 5….not worth it to you? Especially if it means not having to trade an extra first post draft anyways to land a stop gap PG in this scenario or others…and it frees up about 10M in cap space for SA as well (DET has a ton of cap space so can absorb Keldon (19M) and just send out Ivey (8M) (plus the difference in salaries from pick 8 to pick 5).
    Keldon is a pretty decent upgrade over Ivey for the Pistons and the reason for them to move down to 8 from 5, no need to just throw away future picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now my hope is getting Cody Williams and Rob Dillingham with our two lottery picks, but i would be more glad trading down outside the lottery and taking Tristan da Silva and Jared McCain

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would much rather Dill than Trae. Trae will cost tons of picks and 40M. Dillingham poses much less risk using a pick 8 on a rookie deal. If he busts then you can easily overcome it. Trae doesnt work? Yikes.
    /thread. Well, that particular topic. People don't seem to understand relative value. It would be a king's ransom to bring Trae here.

Draft Dilly at eight if that's the kind of skillset you want next Wemby. If he doesn't pan out, you burned the eight pick, not a bunch of picks and tens of millions.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Bronny was already not a legitimate draft prospect when he was listed at 6’4
    Reversion to the mean hits hard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cody Williams 6'6.50" per NBA.com. Wingspan 7'1". No weight listed. Standing reach 8'7"
    That's an amazing NBA body

I almost suspect he didn't "show cased" himself on purpose to end up in OKC

The kid has everything potentially

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the kind of draft where a good FO can get a ton of value out of mid-lottery picks. It will likely go a long way towards determining whether or not the Wright-led Spurs FO is good at drafting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zach Edey is 7'3.75" without shoes there is no way in Victor is 7'3.5" without shoes. Victor is taller than Zach and also 2 years younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn’t anyone worth spending a FRP on to move upon this draft, IMO. There isn’t anyone that screams 1-2 pick, but a whole bunch of like 3-5 range guys, like 8-9 of them. We could get great value at 8 by just sitting tight.
    Where would you value Ivey at in this draft given what you’ve seen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is a pretty decent upgrade over Ivey for the Pistons and the reason for them to move down to 8 from 5, no need to just throw away future picks.
    Hmmmm, I guess it’s where you view Ivey but ya I agree Keldon is better than Ivey now. But freeing up that 10M for Spurs isn’t insignificant either so accounts for some of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an amazing NBA body

I almost suspect he didn't "show cased" himself on purpose to end up in OKC

The kid has everything potentially
    He didn't showcase himself because he's not that good. That's it. That's the reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have worked extra hard to deliver its good soldiers to playoff teams. Dejounte, Poeltl, White, even McDermott, were all ushered to good teams. They're definitely not going to throw Keldon away to a miserable team like the Pistons even if they were trading him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts on this hypothetical? Don’t focus too much on my offer having to be exact - just focus on general thought process and players and know that if it costs a little more or less that’s fine.

Do you like it for SA? Think it makes sense for Det etc?

Im interested in a situation that allows Sa to get both Matas Buzelis + Risacher and opens minutes up and money and gets Sa a guard with same flaws as the guys in this draft anyways:

Keldon to Detroit for Ivey

Something like Keldon + pick 8 + future first + 2 2nds

For

Ivey + pick 5

Keldon being used in the trade means there’s minutes for 2 wings like Matas Buzelis + Risacher and clears some money for spurs too. Also get Ivey who has some potential and no worse flaws than Dillingham (different players obviously- just mean there’s questions either way) to add to guard position and balance out spurs roster some?

Det gets a guy who maybe fits better than Ivey next to Cade and is still young and legit scorer and great teammate and has a very reasonable deal and for moving back 3 spots they get an extra first and 2 2nds?

Now spurs with 4 + 5 should be able to get Matas Buzelis + Risacher
    Ignoring the comp part, because I have no clue on value and am not sure I want to give up an FRP, I generally like the idea. I still believe in Ivey and think he could be a very nice 6th man scorer like Monk and Cam Thomas are. Keldon doesn't really fit here, so it's best we monetize him as quickly as possible IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have worked extra hard to deliver its good soldiers to playoff teams. Dejounte, Poeltl, White, even McDermott, were all ushered to good teams. They're definitely not going to throw Keldon away to a miserable team like the Pistons even if they were trading him.
    I don't think it would be so bad for Keldon. He'd start and he'd get more shots there and probably improve his earning potential on his next contract. He's just a really bad fit with Wemby with his bull to the hoop game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignoring the comp part, because I have no clue on value and am not sure I want to give up an FRP, I generally like the idea. I still believe in Ivey and think he could be a very nice 6th man scorer like Monk and Cam Thomas are. Keldon doesn't really fit here, so it's best we monetize him as quickly as possible IMO.
    Nice. Im talking to DET fans on twitter and they seemingly like the idea of Keldon for Ivey for fit/scoring purposes alongside getting an extra first. And for me I sort of view the extra first like this:

Saving 10M, moving up 3 spots from 8 to 5 and that it seems likely SA would need to trade a first for a stop gap PG anyways maybe? You’re just doing it in one swoop and getting Ivey who has potential vs trading a first for say Brogdon or something later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon doesn't really fit here, so it's best we monetize him as quickly as possible IMO.
    Agreed. Keldon's a talented player on a good contract but his trade value has nowhere to go but down playing on a team he doesn't fit at all on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be all in favor of shipping Keldon but agree that the FO would never exile him to Detroit. He's been a good soldier during his entire time here tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is a Klutch guy so I wonder if the Lakers would have interest.

I've always been a fan of Hachimura and he's probably gettable after the playoffs he just had tbh...

Thread Information