Page 250 of 342 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 8540
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly is there at 8 but the presumption is that the Spurs want to get their PG of the future in 2025.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something to wonder for Spurs is what players will be picked between #4 and #8. The three teams between these picks are Pistons at #5, Hornets at #6 and Blazers at #7.

While there could be trades and/or teams go with the BPA regardless of his fit, I think:
    - Pistons will go with a player able to shoot. Their young core really lack of shooting.
    - I'm not sure what Hornets will do but their pick will have to fit with Lamelo Ball and Brandon Miller.
    - Blazers have a crowded backcourt. I doubt they draft a guard.

For example, if Topic is available at #4, there is a good chance he will still be there at #8.
    Going with a SF at #4 and a PG at #8 seems to be the most promising for Spurs.
    Mostly agree. I think some of the guards are open to being taken at some of the spots, but it seems sort of unlikely. I can only see one of those teams wanting a Kentucky guard, and no-one seems in play for Topic.

I think Detroit may be an option to take one of the Kentucky guards, given the need for shooting and the fact that Cade is big enough to cover wings, but Topic doesn't seem like an option for them at that point (they could trade the pick, other teams could move in with assets that help Detroit build a team that is more coherent). I think both Ivey and Ausar were defendable as BPA, but their bigs are such a mess and they made such weird rotation decisions that it's not clear how good Ivey is (empty calories low efficiency 2 guard, or awesome athlete that can beat anyone 1:1 and would be much better in a more spaced offence).

Castle could be an option at 6 as a defensive wing / guard that can cover between Ball and Miller, though Topic and the Kentucky guys don't make sense, as I think you want some defensive ability on the perimeter. Not a true PG but I could see him being valued if the Spurs want a big guard who they think can develop as a shooter.

Portland seems locked into wanting big wings, as Scoot / Simons (could be traded, Magic?) are good enough bets as primary ball handlers, and Sharpe should make Castle a lower option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly is there at 8 but the presumption is that the Spurs want to get their PG of the future in 2025.
    I don't think they're going to get their future anything in this draft and suspect they know this. They'll take swings, but the PGs are basically Topic or Dillingham and that's a huge stretch and unfair to them to expect a long-term starter there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean thats not a for sure thing....Alot of scouts thought collier,protocter and others where top 10 lottery pg and
    they didnt really show nothing.Can happen again next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly agree. I think some of the guards are open to being taken at some of the spots, but it seems sort of unlikely. I can only see one of those teams wanting a Kentucky guard, and no-one seems in play for Topic.

I think Detroit may be an option to take one of the Kentucky guards, given the need for shooting and the fact that Cade is big enough to cover wings, but Topic doesn't seem like an option for them at that point (they could trade the pick, other teams could move in with assets that help Detroit build a team that is more coherent). I think both Ivey and Ausar were defendable as BPA, but their bigs are such a mess and they made such weird rotation decisions that it's not clear how good Ivey is (empty calories low efficiency 2 guard, or awesome athlete that can beat anyone 1:1 and would be much better in a more spaced offence).

Castle could be an option at 6 as a defensive wing / guard that can cover between Ball and Miller, though Topic and the Kentucky guys don't make sense, as I think you want some defensive ability on the perimeter. Not a true PG but I could see him being valued if the Spurs want a big guard who they think can develop as a shooter.

Portland seems locked into wanting big wings, as Scoot / Simons (could be traded, Magic?) are good enough bets as primary ball handlers, and Sharpe should make Castle a lower option.
    Castle could definitely go Hornets or Blazers. Hornets could use a stabilizing player who is a great defender. Blazers could use the same, although I do think they'll look at Holland or someone else on the wing. Scoot and Sharpe are so shaky on defense Castle could help... but Sharpe seems like an aimless player who won't bother playing much anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean thats not a for sure thing....Alot of scouts thought collier,protocter and others where top 10 lottery pg and
    they didnt really show nothing.Can happen again next year.
    I don’t believe that’s their concrete plan or whatever. I was throwing a hypothetical and provided a reason why they could possibly go PG-less in this draft. I actually think they do get a PG in this draft like most people think they would. The Spurs are likely to get the player they want, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you do Keldon + pick 8 for Jaden Ivey + pick 5?

Clears 10M from SA, gets SA a guard with some upside but some risk too (not any more risky than other guards in this draft) and puts SA with picks 4 & 5 now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With so many lottery prospects with similar skill level and upside, surely the tryouts is going to be a bigger deal than ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you do Keldon + pick 8 for Jaden Ivey + pick 5?

Clears 10M from SA, gets SA a guard with some upside but some risk too (not any more risky than other guards in this draft) and puts SA with picks 4 & 5 now.
    Ivey has better value imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey has better value imo.
    Meaning you dont think DET would do it? I think Keldon is definitely the better player right now and is locked in a better deal overall than Ivey will be if you have to pay him in 2 seasons.

If you dont think Cade/Ivey are optimal, can you do better than Keldon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Browsing the Hornets subreddit, consensus seems to be Castle, then Holland, then Williams.

Hawks board want Sarr.

Rockets board want Sheppard or to trade the pick.

Blazers subreddit seems to like Cody Williams, Salaun, Buzelis.
    Wizards subreddit wants Topic.

Pistons subreddit is in shambles. Can’t get a good read because they’re all on suicide watch.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Browsing the Hornets subreddit, consensus seems to be Castle, then Holland, then Williams.

Hawks board want Sarr.

Pistons subreddit is in shambles. Can’t get a good read because they’re all on suicide watch.
    Rockets board is nothing but idiots. They can pick any player at that point and not really go wrong. No use in trading for more picks.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I think Topic might be a good fit for the Spurs.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hawks board want Sarr.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait until they find out that the suicide hotline phone number starts with 555.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Topic might be a good fit for the Spurs.
    I go back and forth in my mind on topic. I'm just not sure if his game will translate at this level. I feel like Dilly is the safer pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that said, I would take topic at 8 for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that said, I would take topic at 8 for sure
    He probably won't even be there at 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see anything special on Risacher. Why people here wants him so bad? It looks like knecht and Risacher have the same stuff of what they can bring on to a basketball court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably won't even be there at 4.
    I'll be bumping this take for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see anything special on Risacher. Why people here wants him so bad? It looks like knecht and Risacher have the same stuff of what they can bring on to a basketball court.
    No one is super far ahead of anyone in this top 10. It's the Wemby factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something to wonder for Spurs is what players will be picked between #4 and #8. The three teams between these picks are Pistons at #5, Hornets at #6 and Blazers at #7.

While there could be trades and/or teams go with the BPA regardless of his fit, I think:
    - Pistons will go with a player able to shoot. Their young core really lack of shooting.
    - I'm not sure what Hornets will do but their pick will have to fit with Lamelo Ball and Brandon Miller.
    - Blazers have a crowded backcourt. I doubt they draft a guard.

For example, if Topic is available at #4, there is a good chance he will still be there at #8.
    Going with a SF at #4 and a PG at #8 seems to be the most promising for Spurs.
    Spurs don’t draft like that. They set up a complete board, which this year will be 59 players, and when they’re on the clock, they pick the highest remaining player on their board. You can really outsmart yourself trying like that when it may not even be those teams picking in those positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says he’s been watching Jaden McDaniels the most because he’s one of the best defenders in the league. ^
    Loves Tracy McGrady and is one of his favorite players ever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should draft another couple 6 foot 5 shooting guards that might be able to play point?

Thread Information