Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For anybody upset that Atlanta won the lottery, some additional thoughts:
    -I don't think this really changes the '25 pick that much tbh. They were never going to blow it up with the Spurs owning control over their next 3 picks.
    -I also don't think this would increase their leverage in Trae Young trade talks with San Antonio since the Spurs have two top 10 picks including #4 which the Spurs could just use a Trae Young type guy in Dillingham.

They'll most likely trade Dejounte and draft Sarr who will probably need a year or two of development to lift their ceiling. I DO think this will make their '26 or '27 picks worse in theory because Sarr is a good fit for them. But then again it's the Hawks and they can always find a way to f it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby vs. Clingan will be a big time matchup moving forward. Think HOU definitely takes him.
    Houston already has a center who can’t defend Wemby.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard is more a Stockton type, while Dillingham is more an Iverson type. I always preferred the stockton, team first, style. But Iverson was a monster. Wouldn't be unhappy with either.

Not as impressed with Risacher as most here. Prefer a Clingham type, especially if we get Dillingham. If we get Sheppard, then maybe add a more offensive/shooter type.

Gonna be interesting.
    Sheppard is more a JJ Red or Dell Curry IMO, not really a PG but a dependable shooter. I wish there was a Stockton in this draft, he's so underrated when looking at Utah's success. Dillingham I see more like an Eric Bledsoe with better range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My best guess is

1. Hawks: Sarr
    2. Wizards: Risacher
    3. Rockets: Sheppard
    4. Spurs: Dillingham
    5. Pistons: Buzelis
    6. Hornets: Castle

Could see Clingan at 6 too. Portland probably should take Clingan at #7 but might not because of sunk cost fallacy with Ayton.
    Gonna revamp my real time mock to something you might like even more bum...

1. Hawks/Sarr
    2. Wizards/Topic - more i think about it, I think Topic screams Wizards pick
    3. Rockets/Clingan - I think they'll be real debate about Sheppard here but Ime will push for Clingan (especially if the Wolves make the Finals using KAT/Gobert)
    4. Spurs / Risacher
    5. Pistons / Buzelis
    6. Hornets / Sheppard
    7. Blazers / Castle
    8. Spurs / Dillingham
    9. Grizz / Holland
    10. Jazz / Knecht

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Hawks/Sarr
    3. Rockets/Clingan - I think they'll be real debate about Sheppard here but Ime will push for Clingan (especially if the Wolves make the Finals using KAT/Gobert)
    4. Spurs / Risacher
    5. Pistons / Buzelis
    6. Hornets / Sheppard
    7. Blazers / Castle
    8. Spurs / Dillingham
    9. Grizz / Holland
    10. Jazz / Knecht
    Risacher and Dillingham would be my dream scenario.
    You're right about the Wizards, they need a point guard.
    From what I've seen, Rockets fans are content with Sengun being a C and they want some more shooting. Sheppard, Knect or even trading the pick for a proven player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But what would really be amazing would be if we traded for Trae!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Hawks/Sarr
    4. Spurs / Risacher
    5. Pistons / Buzelis
    6. Hornets / Sheppard
    7. Blazers / Castle
    8. Spurs / Dillingham
    9. Grizz / Holland
    10. Jazz / Knecht
    getting Risacher and Dillingham is like having the #1 and #2 pick. That would be a heist. I don't think it's realistic to get both, but one can hope. If the Rockets really want Clingan, I'm pretty sure they would trade down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One added thing to consider regarding their flexibility: the two second rounders at 35 and 48. 48 may not have much value, but 35 does. Can they package 4, 35, 48 to move to 2 or 3? Maybe not 3 but WAS is early in their rebuild and might like taking 3 bites at the apple. Alternatively, 8, 35, and 48 for 6 or 7? From a roster-management standpoint alone, I just don’t see them taking 4 rookies into training camp.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter. They already have an elite lob threat, who they’re now going to have to offload, and they finished in the lottery. They don’t suck because Trae has no one to lob to.
    Capela is pretty washed so Sarr will definitely be an upgrade, it's just a matter of how long it will take

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One added thing to consider regarding their flexibility: the two second rounders at 35 and 48. 48 may not have much value, but 35 does. Can they package 4, 35, 48 to move to 2 or 3? Maybe not 3 but WAS is early in their rebuild and might like taking 3 bites at the apple. Alternatively, 8, 35, and 48 for 6 or 7? From a roster-management standpoint alone, I just don’t see them taking 4 rookies into training camp.
    I don't know if it's feasible, but I would prefer the Spurs be aggressive, even if it's just to turn #8 into #6 or #7. Someone mentioned any point guard available at 4 will be available at 8, but they're assuming no one trades up to jump the Spurs at 8. If we somehow got Risacher at 4 and the Spurs rest on their laurels assuming Dilly will still be there at 8, everyone in the NBA will expect us to pick Dilly at 8--so if anyone wants him, they'll try to trade into 5-7. Hopefully Brian is too smart to let that happen. Jury's still out on that I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great points! I see WAS as our ally if we trade up from 4. It allows us to block HOU messing with us. Trading up from 8 CHA might be keen, our rights to their '25 pick might be useable here, too. So many scenarios for wheeling and dealing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting Risacher and Dillingham is like having the #1 and #2 pick. That would be a heist. I don't think it's realistic to get both, but one can hope. If the Rockets really want Clingan, I'm pretty sure they would trade down.
    I could see the Pistons (Duren is overrated), Hornets (Mark Williams might never be healthy again), and the Blazers (Dominayton) all having a case to draft Clingan.

I think the Rockets could trade #3 but it'd be for a proven player and not to trade down IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously there are a lot of moving pieces here, but it's hard to complain about how things worked out.

The main goal for today was getting the Raptors pick. They literally tanked the end of the season to keep it, and that came up Spurs.

We also moved up a few spots from our own "owed" pick.

After we were gifted luck from the lottery gods last year, I will not go begging any more.

Spurs got players, and picks, and we got our player for the next generation.

LET'S GO!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly fans won this draft tbh. I don’t see any teams in the top 3 being interested in him. MAYBE Houston, but doubtful. Word is that Ime really wants a strong defensive team and with no Wemby behind him, I don’t think Rob will work in Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks can defend wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Vecenie podcast pointed out after the spurs pick at 4… Pistons, Hornets, and Trail Blazers shouldn’t go after a guard so if the spurs want to risk it and wait until 8 to draft a guard they could take that chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Vecenie podcast pointed out after the spurs pick at 4… Pistons, Hornets, and Trail Blazers shouldn’t go after a guard so if the spurs want to risk it and wait until 8 to draft a guard they could take that chance
    ESPECIALLY if no PG goes in the top 3, then I really think taking a PG at 4 would be just bad game theory management. If the Top 3 go some order of Sarr/Risacher/Clingan, you really should take your top wing - you'll be assured to get one of Dilly/Topic/Sheppard/Castle at 8, and unless one of the teams behind you trades out you may just have your choice of all 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly fans won this draft tbh. I don’t see any teams in the top 3 being interested in him. MAYBE Houston, but doubtful. Word is that Ime really wants a strong defensive team and with no Wemby behind him, I don’t think Rob will work in Houston.
    Doesn't look like 5 through 7 (Detroit, Charlotte, Portland) will draft him either, so if the Spurs don't take him at 4 he might still be available at 8, provided no one jumps above the Spurs in anticipation of this exact scenario. But honestly, this gives me Sengun vibes all over... obvious pick, ends up falling into their lap... and they pass for Salaun or some other project that ends up busting out for some stupid reason. Hope I'm wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington and Houston would only accept that if they thought they'd stil got their man at 4, because otherwise a couple 2nd rounders it's not enough compensation to pass on your top target. That would only make sense if the Spurs were trying to avoid someone jumping over them to get their target (think OKC moving from 12 to 10 to get Cason Wallace so that no one could trade for Orlando's 11 pick), which doesn't seem to be the case. The other scenario would be someone taking advantage of Spurs perceived target, so that they can extort some assets from the Spurs (think Houston taking Risacher when they actually want Sheppard). Then they offer the Spurs a swap in return for assets (like Indiana did with Coulibaly and Washington). That is one scenario where I could see something like that unfolding, but none of those are actually "good news" in that you'd be giving up assets to get your guy, more like doing so to keep others from ing you over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets defended Wemby better than most teams last year tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets defended Wemby better than most teams last year tbh
    They did. They made Wemby look pitiful. Rockets’ weakness is rim protection against smaller players, not someone like Wemby. Sengun gets a lot of flak from both his teammates and coaches for not being able to defend the rim well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL- Saar
    Was- Dilly
    Hous- Sheppard
    Spurs- Risacher
    Detroit- Clingan
    Charlotte- Castle
    Portland- Williams
    Spurs- Topic
    Memphis- Holland
    Utah- Buz
    Would definitely be a really nice scenario. I don't mind Topic at 8 if I can get Risacher at 4. I just don't want such a high risk pick as Topic at 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With having a second pick I definitely want upside with the latter pick: Holland, Castle, Buzelis, Topic, or Williams. Could have sold me on Knecht if the Spurs were only getting pick #8 but at #4 they should be able to get some shooting with at least one of Risacher, Dillingham, or Sheppard almost certainly available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way I'm spending the first pick on a guard especially an undersized one in a league full of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Knecht, but I don’t see the Spurs drafting a shorter Doug McDermott when we already have Vassell at the 2 tbh. Could be wrong of course. A lot depends on what we do with that 4th pick. But I’d bet we go best wing available at 4 and then hopefully Dilly or Sheppard at 8.

Thread Information