Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta isn't winning next year. But the basketball gods won't give ATL (us) the #1 pick next year in the lottery, either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last year that the worst team got the best pick ? Seems like its been a while. Sucks if you're Detroit and move from like the worst or 2nd worst, to the number 5 pick. Sucks for Detroit , good for us even if we just moved up 1 spot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Vecenie live rn with a mock draft, they have Risacher at #4 and Dillingham at #8 for us:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht is NBA ready now and would be a fantastic guy off the bench,

Dillingham has to be the guy, he’s THE point guard to allow you to go all in on a wing. Fantastic result.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta isn't winning next year. But the basketball gods won't give ATL (us) the #1 pick next year in the lottery, either
    That’s ok. A lot of great prospects next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t mind Dilly and Knecht as it injects some immediate shooting into the roster; however, they will need to add some plus defenders to the roster here at some point.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t mind Dilly and Knecht as it injects some immediate shooting into the roster; however, they will need to add some plus defenders to the roster here at some point.
    Knecht doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s gonna be anything more than what he already is. I rather see us take a bigger swing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s gonna be anything more than what he already is. I rather see us take a bigger swing.
    I would prefer Knecht, rather another swing who will be behind Brahnam and Wesley or Collins at the beginning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last year that the worst team got the best pick ? Seems like its been a while. Sucks if you're Detroit and move from like the worst or 2nd worst, to the number 5 pick. Sucks for Detroit , good for us even if we just moved up 1 spot.
    It hasn’t happened since the new flat odds lottery was implemented in 2019 for the Zion draft. 2 and 3 seem to win a lot.

The reality is that it’s a coin flip if any of the top 4 teams stay there, and this is the second draft under the new system where 3 of the 4 didn’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same

I'd hate to see OKC taking Cody Wiliams for ex. I know I'm in the minority on ST but I love his potential and amazing body (length and wingspan)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope we get Dilly. To me he‘s by far the player with the highest ceiling, especially with his self creation ability. Wings are plenty to pick from and one will be there at 8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly and Sheppard looked so small standing there next to Castle today. I’ll be looking out for their measurements.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope we get Dilly. To me he‘s by far the player with the highest ceiling, especially with his self creation ability. Wings are plenty to pick from and one will be there at 8
    But then again if they're really sure about a wing being the real deal, I'd rather have an all-star wing than an all-star point guard.
    Combine and workouts will decide their choice. We can only hope they improve their recent draft record.

As I said already, I can't see Pistons, Hornets or Blazers picking Dillingham or even Topic.
    If they're available at #4, they'll be available at #8.

Also, if these point guards don't impress them enough, just draft two wings and get DJ/Monk/Tyus.
    I'm dreaming of a roster that has Wemby surrounded with long, 3-D wings. Tre and a veteran could do the job for one more year.
    It's not like a rookie point guard will make the difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if I see Risacher going to Washington. They're stuffed with wings who like to shoot a lot already. At Houston, I then see it Sheppard or Risacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta: Sarr
    Wizards: Zack
    Houston: Clingan (ume really wants a defensive center)

so Spurs will get their choice of guard and probably Cody Williams at eight.
    Wemby vs. Clingan will be a big time matchup moving forward. Think HOU definitely takes him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But then again if they're really sure about a wing being the real deal, I'd rather have an all-star wing than an all-star point guard.
    Combine and workouts will decide their choice. We can only hope they improve their recent draft record.

As I said already, I can't see Pistons, Hornets or Blazers picking Dillingham or even Topic.
    If they're available at #4, they'll be available at #8.

Also, if these point guards don't impress them enough, just draft two wings and get DJ/Monk/Tyus.
    I'm dreaming of a roster that has Wemby surrounded with long, 3-D wings. Tre and a veteran could do the job for one more year.
    It's not like a rookie point guard will make the difference.
    Well thats only your opinion. The management will most likely go with a PG at 4Th pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well thats only your opinion. The management will most likely go with a PG at 4Th pick.
    That's your opinion.
    Please do explain why would you use #4 pick on a point guard when the teams picking between two of our picks have Cade, Lamelo and Scoot.
    And they all need wings.

#4 should be reserved for the best wing available and I'll keep repeating that until the draft night.
    #8 would mean that at least two good wings are gone, with point guards still being available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your opinion.
    Please do explain why would you use #4 pick on a point guard when the teams picking between two of our picks have Cade, Lamelo and Scoot.
    And they all need wings.

#4 should be reserved for the best wing available and I'll keep repeating that until the draft night.
    #8 would mean that at least two good wings are gone, with point guards still being available.
    The problem with betting on teams in between is that teams can always jump up and grab who you're waiting to drop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your opinion.
    And they all need wings.

You cant bet on hoping other teams wont pick this or that player lmao

I bet that dillingham wont be available anymore at 8. Maybe topic still available.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we'll see:

1. Hawks: Sarr
    2: Wiz: Clingan
    3. HOU: Risacher
    4. Spurs: Topic
    5. Pistons: Sheppard
    My best guess is

1. Hawks: Sarr
    2. Wizards: Risacher
    3. Rockets: Sheppard
    4. Spurs: Dillingham
    5. Pistons: Buzelis
    6. Hornets: Castle

Could see Clingan at 6 too. Portland probably should take Clingan at #7 but might not because of sunk cost fallacy with Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Topic at 4 and Cody at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a really great lottery outcome for the Spurs tbh:

-Getting the Raps pick spreads their upcoming first rounders in a much more effective way. You can give heavy minutes to the rookies this next season and still be bad enough to get another shot at a top pick in '25 + another shot with the Atlanta pick WITHOUT actively tanking.
    -Moving from 5th best odds to #4
    -The three teams ahead of them are very much in play for Sarr or Clingan, two guys that the Spurs have no use for
    -The three teams after them don't really have use for a PG

There's a very realistic scenario where the Spurs get Risacher at #4 and Dillingham/Topic at #8

-

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should trade for the bulls 11 this year for our bulls 25 next year & our #2 second this year. We keep their 25 second we own….

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with betting on teams in between is that teams can always jump up and grab who you're waiting to drop.
    You cant bet on hoping other teams wont pick this or that player lmao

I bet that dillingham wont be available anymore at 8. Maybe topic still available.
    I'm not betting on them not picking a player, I'm betting on them not picking a certain archetype.

Pistons need everything except for a point guard because Cade has shown he's got all-star potential. Maybe they take Sheppard and have him play off the ball.
    Blazers have Scoot and too many guards.
    Hornets have Lamelo.

Unless Dillingham looks like the next big thing in workouts, they're not taking him.
    Meanwhile, Spurs will have to take third or fourth choice wing with #8 if they draft Dillingham with #4.

Idk, I just don't see Dillingham as a must pick at #4 with three teams with point guards as centerpieces picking after the Spurs.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby vs. Clingan will be a big time matchup moving forward. Think HOU definitely takes him.
    Clingan is the an hesis of the archetype suited (mobile, stout big wings) to defending Wembanyama.

Thread Information