Page 149 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3752
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how to embed IG posts, but that last post by the Spurs with Wemby thanking everybody from the coaching staff to the fans was amazing. He ain't goin nowhere

https://www.instagram.com/p/C61ypriR67s/
    Bacuse spurs organization is already pushing vic closer to tha fans, building emotional connection so that he'll feel that he is a big traitor if he go anywhere.
    Last edited by skin27; 1 Week Ago at 03:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many seasons do you think Wemby is going to patiently wait at home.watching Chet competing in the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many seasons do you think Wemby is going to patiently wait at home.watching Chet competing in the playoffs?
    Well, let's just say it's the reason I find myself rooting for Dallas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, let's just say it's the reason I find myself rooting for Dallas
    Same. I'm ashamed tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the did we luck into this man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so awesome. Still can’t believe he’s a spur but man I’m so glad he is!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear so many people on here aren’t actual Spurs fans. You should want Wemby to be an all star and an all nba player, and DPOY. You keep harping about Wemby being a rookie over and over again like it proves some grand point of yours. However, the real point it does prove is how much the franchise failed Wemby this year as a rookie. Bc on a competent team, he would’ve been an all star, all nba, and had a real shot at DPOY award. All as a rookie. Instead he had a coach around for the whole season, a front office that gave him zero support talent wise, and he didn’t even have a ing PG for half the season.

These things should piss you off. But they don’t. Bc you like the Spurs sucking for some reason. Idk why. But buddy all nba and DPOY awards get Vic a lot more money than not having them. Plus it gets him to the HOF. And on top of that 23 of the last 30 MVPs have won a championship and Vic wants to be on that echelon of player. And if the Spurs keep dixking around and think like you do, well he’s only a rookie. Well he’s only a second year player. Well it’s only his third year. He might not stand for that . Duncan almost left us and that was after winning a chip. Wemby expects the franchise to have the same mindset as him. And so far we don’t. We have the loser Ambchang mindset

He’s only a rookie
    You want him to be an all star as a rookie
    you want him to be all nba as a rookie
    you want him to be DPOY as a rookie
    You want him to an all time great
    If you can’t argue make stuff up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, they only care about DPOY, All star appearances and RoY, especially in their rookie years.
    I didn’t make up. You threw a whole hissy fit about us complaining that Wemby didn’t make an all star team, win DPOY, and make an all nba when honestly he should and would’ve if Pop put the kid in a position to succeed early on. Instead he played a PF as our PG and let our team ice out Wemby early on.

The Spurs failed Wemby this year. And really Pop failed the team in so many ways that I think he deserves to be fired for it. This team is not the team on the Duncan years. It is the early Robinson years Spurs and if you remember those days then you remember how ty our front office and coaching was. We have no great assistant coaches, a bad coach bc he’s past his prime, a suspect drafting GM, and ownership that has no idea how to run a team. Plus our supporting cast is really bad either bc they are really bad or bc they are put in really bad situations. Either way it’s not good. We have 3 years to get a squad around Wemby. The clock is ticking. Even your sarcastic self should be aware of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t make up. You threw a whole hissy fit about us complaining that Wemby didn’t make an all star team, win DPOY, and make an all nba when honestly he should and would’ve if Pop put the kid in a position to succeed early on. Instead he played a PF as our PG and let our team ice out Wemby early on.

The Spurs failed Wemby this year. And really Pop failed the team in so many ways that I think he deserves to be fired for it. This team is not the team on the Duncan years. It is the early Robinson years Spurs and if you remember those days then you remember how ty our front office and coaching was. We have no great assistant coaches, a bad coach bc he’s past his prime, a suspect drafting GM, and ownership that has no idea how to run a team. Plus our supporting cast is really bad either bc they are really bad or bc they are put in really bad situations. Either way it’s not good. We have 3 years to get a squad around Wemby. The clock is ticking. Even your sarcastic self should be aware of that
    Check the entire year of messages, yours included. Page after page, post after post of how the Spurs are failing Wemby because Wemby is not getting RoY, DPoY, etc .... and that he should demand a trade because of the supporting players, with no regard of the fact that the Spurs got Wemby in the first place because they were bad to start with, and that the Spurs are in the phase of experimentation throughout the year to see what sticks.

The year has been extremely trying, and I have huge issues with how Pop coached the team. I had no issue with the Sochan PG experiment, I had huge issues with how it was done. I have no idea how Branham got so many minutes, not sure why Mamu, Devonte Graham and Sissoko didn't see the light of day until the last few games, especially when this year is supposed to be an experimental year. Don't even get my started on the defensive schemes, which was nonsensical to begin with, but to use Wemby not getting awards and saying that he should demand a trade is insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check the entire year of messages, yours included. Page after page, post after post of how the Spurs are failing Wemby because Wemby is not getting RoY, DPoY, etc .... and that he should demand a trade because of the supporting players, with no regard of the fact that the Spurs got Wemby in the first place because they were bad to start with, and that the Spurs are in the phase of experimentation throughout the year to see what sticks.

The year has been extremely trying, and I have huge issues with how Pop coached the team. I had no issue with the Sochan PG experiment, I had huge issues with how it was done. I have no idea how Branham got so many minutes, not sure why Mamu, Devonte Graham and Sissoko didn't see the light of day until the last few games, especially when this year is supposed to be an experimental year. Don't even get my started on the defensive schemes, which was nonsensical to begin with, but to use Wemby not getting awards and saying that he should demand a trade is insane.
    Bah why would I want Wemby traded? I just think that in today's NBA the team better get their together or else he will leave. Even Giannis was thinking of jumping ship and that was a year after they won the chip. I know we were bad the year before we got Wemby. But once we got Wemby, the tock is clicking on turning it around.

Pop has become too arrogant for his own good. It's time t jettison him out. Tbh I like the OKC approach. Hire a young coach and have them grow and struggle together. Honestly I see us getting the 7th or 8th pick next year. And as a fan that is frustrating. Unless ofc we go the injured DRob 1997 year and we get Flagg. But this coming season is going to be an extension of this long ass season and man I'm not looking forward to it at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bah why would I want Wemby traded? I just think that in today's NBA the team better get their together or else he will leave. Even Giannis was thinking of jumping ship and that was a year after they won the chip. I know we were bad the year before we got Wemby. But once we got Wemby, the tock is clicking on turning it around.

Pop has become too arrogant for his own good. It's time t jettison him out. Tbh I like the OKC approach. Hire a young coach and have them grow and struggle together. Honestly I see us getting the 7th or 8th pick next year. And as a fan that is frustrating. Unless ofc we go the injured DRob 1997 year and we get Flagg. But this coming season is going to be an extension of this long ass season and man I'm not looking forward to it at all
    Giannis was with that franchise for a decade. They won and the entire thing fell apart. So it’s a totally different situation. Besides it’s a power move out of Lebrons. It’s just totally different.

I am grateful for what pop did but I have to admit it’s ran its course. He’s better served as a consultant at this point, the day to day coaching side of things is just too much. Problem is that all his protege went on to other franchises.

Ultimately, thinking wemby will demand a trade is unrealistic, and to say the spurs aren’t good as the cause is illogical at best. Everyone knew the spurs aren’t making any noise this year, we all severely underrated the experimentation (I know I did, and even Vegas did) and the spurs lost 10 more games than they should because of it. Pop having too long a lease is an issue we have to deal with, but ultimately he may have something up his sleeves. I choose to be optimistic and hope he does have a plan, but more realistic and practical people may disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This victor Mets92 jersey is gonna become even more priceless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn they couldn't last one season without Wemby . That's wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby going to demand a trade to Mets92 so he can save them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For people interested, a short explanation on why Wembanyama's former team is shutting down:

Basketball teams in France don't make enough money through, sponsorship, TV deal and tickets to cover their cost. They need public local funds to survive.

Mets92 were bought by the city of Boulogne itself. The city's plan was to build a new arena and have them playing in it. Problem is that they never build that arena. As a result, they were spending money on a team that was playing in another city because they didn't have a suitable arena for them in their city. They decided to stop that and the team is now dead without these public funds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how to embed IG posts, but that last post by the Spurs with Wemby thanking everybody from the coaching staff to the fans was amazing. He ain't goin nowhere

https://www.instagram.com/p/C61ypriR67s/
    Man, I like Vic but his message is (like everytime in that kind of ceremonies) the most classic, consensual, politically correct message you can hear around. It touches us cos we're spur fans, but you can hear players all around the league delcaring their unconditional love for any organisation then leaving 3 months later.

If Vic feels spurs are not building a solid team around him the next few years, it's not the fans, the ball boys or the coffee machine guy who will make him stay. the firt thing he want is winning. Duncan probably said similar stuff and had one foot and half in Orlando. Never overestimate the love players have for their franchises. they know it's a business and teams have no "emotional" issues trading anybody they don't want anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I like Vic but his message is (like everytime in that kind of ceremonies) the most classic, consensual, politically correct message you can hear around. It touches us cos we're spur fans, but you can hear players all around the league delcaring their unconditional love for any organisation then leaving 3 months later.

If Vic feels spurs are not building a solid team around him the next few years, it's not the fans, the ball boys or the coffee machine guy who will make him stay. the firt thing he want is winning. Duncan probably said similar stuff and had one foot and half in Orlando. Never overestimate the love players have for their franchises. they know it's a business and teams have no "emotional" issues trading anybody they don't want anymore.
    I’ve never heard anything like what Vic said from another player, just flat statements like “Yeah, I want to stay here”.

Anyway,I’m not worried about SA putting a team around him with the war chest of picks we have. Only something stupid like going all in on Trae Young could that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They sold out in less than 5 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For people interested, a short explanation on why Wembanyama's former team is shutting down:

Basketball teams in France don't make enough money through, sponsorship, TV deal and tickets to cover their cost. They need public local funds to survive.

Mets92 were bought by the city of Boulogne itself. The city's plan was to build a new arena and have them playing in it. Problem is that they never build that arena. As a result, they were spending money on a team that was playing in another city because they didn't have a suitable arena for them in their city. They decided to stop that and the team is now dead without these public funds.
    Yeah, some of them merged but there's always been to many pro teams in the Paris area for the french basketball market.. (Levallois, Boulogne, Sceaux, Nanterre, Paris itself ...) and for all of them to survive.

There should one big club in Paris, then maybe one big club for the suburbs, like New tork, New Jersey ... and probably just one big club who could compete in Euroleague. That's crazy there's not one and "Paris Basket" is playing in an only 5K capacity arena (they're moving to a new 8K one next season I believe, whohoo! And thanks the Olympics).

Ironically, Boulogne and Levallois (two cities who composed the Mets) are among the wealthiest and more "bourgeoise" cties around Paris. They're cheap.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can’t argue make stuff up.
    Nothing KobesAchilles said is wrong.

This org failed him this year with a crap squad around him. It was clear to everyone ten games in that Sochan was little more than a monkey humping a football trying to play PG.

And yeah, Pop did him no favors either. We have one or two more seasons to build a squad around Wemby and show a commitment to the process and him before he says enough of this crap, regardless of whatever he posts on Instagram this week.

Pop, Wright, and R.C. are on the clock. It's been damn near a decade since they delivered. And that's scary.

Thread Information