Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clear Channel's Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck aren't a different recipe of cornbread. Nor is WOAI's Joe Pags for that matter. Those guys pump/pumped out lies and conspiracies. Political banter is far afield from straight up BS paraded as a different POV. And quite frankly, you equating them underscores how dangerous it is, because its so ubiquitous now, you don't even recognize how destabilizing it is.

Nothing matters when we collectively lose our basis in a universal undisputed set of facts. When facts become damned, there is no keeping people together. It's precisely why you have the right wing already starting to pine for a "national divorce" (see MTG's tweet) or worse yet, civil separation by any means necessary (see twitter on pretty much any day). Those local talk show hosts across this country spew BS (like Democratic politicians are groomers/pedophiles and have secret lairs where they perform said acts, want your child to have gender reassignment surgery at will, are in cahoots with dark forces, want undo ented workers voting, etc, etc, etc.) from their microphones daily.

And a bunch of that local radio show amplification of that filth originated with stations like WOAI, then Clear Channel where abominations like Rush gained national reach with their voluminous mouth diarrhea.

One last thing, that stuff was far from being just 3AM talking points. In fact that type of insanity permeated our national discourse and metastasized into being the predominant "talking points" of the Republican base voter.
    Let me guess fren: "The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media, and more alarming, some outlets publish these statements without checking facts first. Unfortunately some members of the community push their own bias and agenda to control exactly what people think, and this is extremely dangerous to our democracy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHfgU8oMSo

Have you considered the possibility that you're in a cult?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me guess fren: "The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media, and more alarming, some outlets publish these statements without checking facts first. Unfortunately some members of the community push their own bias and agenda to control exactly what people think, and this is extremely dangerous to our democracy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHfgU8oMSo

Have you considered the possibility that you're in a cult?
    Yes, a right wing media cult like Sinclair. Like Fox. Like OANN. Like Blaze. Like Clear Channel/iHeart media. The new and improved, next generation of propaganda pushers. This country is already irreparably broken precisely because of their nonsense. There is no longer any responsible right-leaning media. They all are awash in lies. Most frighteningly, they increasingly aren't even beholden to their corporate masters anymore, like the Dems are. They force the advertizers to bow to the lies because of the sheer size and buying power of their demographic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, a right wing media cult like Sinclair. Like Fox. Like OANN. Like Blaze. Like Clear Channel/iHeart media. The new and improved, next generation of propaganda pushers. This country is already irreparably broken precisely because of their nonsense. There is no longer any responsible right-leaning media. They all are awash in lies. Most frighteningly, they increasingly aren't even beholden to their corporate masters anymore, like the Dems are. They force the advertizers to bow to the lies because of the sheer size and buying power of their demographic.
    ABC & NBC too of course as we can see from the video.

You're in the rough spot where you're having to come to terms that the world can't be viewed through the left/right lens, and a lot of what you were told is a lie. You should be aware that if you follow the truth it's not the racist/misogynistic/ phobic hole you were programmed to think it is. There are a lot more good people than bad so have faith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're in the rough spot where you're having to come to terms that the world can't be viewed through the left/right lens, and a lot of what you were told is a lie. You should be aware that if you follow the truth it's not the racist/misogynistic/ phobic hole you were programmed to think it is. There are a lot more good people than bad so have faith.
    Sinclair owns those local stations, and most are fox stations. But thats besides the point. Again, the point is the lies that create automatons that dont question what they're told yet think they're patriots. Often draping themselves in the flag. Etc.

Programmed? Dude wake the eff up. Fox just got caught this week lying to its viewers while they mocked the ppl they had on that were lying to ppl. Tucker and Hannity and Ingraham all proven to mock their viewer's intelligence.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you ing re ed? Those are all Sinclair stations pushing Sinclair's right wing bull in that video. JFC talk about a low information post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing re ed? Those are all Sinclair stations pushing Sinclair's right wing bull in that video. JFC talk about a low information post.
    It's an example to demonstrate geneity of news programming and encourage people to consider why that geneity exists. You think I posted that because I support Sinclair programming? What sense does that make? No one should ever trust those networks or newscasters again after seeing that video.

We're talking past each other here, so I'll try to reiterate the point:

Left vs. Right doesn't matter, and . It's a trap to divide us. This division is performed by allowing us to emote our grievances through partisan news programming in a legislatively fruitless but socially destructive manner, while meaningful policy decisions (bailouts, war, corporate welfare, sickcare, domestic surveillance, etc.) are decided behind closed doors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Left vs. Right doesn't matter, and . It's a trap to divide us. This division is performed by allowing us to emote our grievances through partisan news programming in a legislatively fruitless but socially destructive manner, while meaningful policy decisions (bailouts, war, corporate welfare, sickcare, domestic surveillance, etc.) are decided behind closed doors.
    There is a bunch in this part with which I agree, primarily that if ppl would wake the eff up, they'd realize the rich and powerful have us at each other's throats.

But there's still a larger point of contention here and that is that one side is continually and blindly feeding at that trough of willful ignorance, such that they do the bidding of their masters.

One party continually gives us policy based on those lies and has led us, inexorably, to this moment. A moment where a sitting congresswoman recently called for a national dovorce and people on twitter not so subtly hint at civil war, daily. Where they can be outraged by a clearly proven set of lies to storm the Capitol. Where millions of ppl believe in their gut that Democratic lawmakers have child sacrifice and pedophilia dungeons, or that JFK Jr. was going to come back and serve as Trump's VP. Etc.

And they do it while voting for those same ppl election after election that slash the tax rate of our wealthiest Americans while they eek out a survivalist existence on, as you say, sickcare.

And the media that started the topic on this thread, has its roots in manipulation and disingenuousness through local radio and corporate media, like Sinclair, ClearChannel, Fox, Blaze, etc.

And much of that power they have comes down to bills enacted in Congress, largely passed on partisan lines, and affirmed in very conservative, partisan court decisions.

Thus, I wholeheartedly reject your conclusion this is a both-sidesism problem. Dems and Democratic politicians are FAAAAAR from perfect and you'll never see me say otherwise, but blame for our current state and future trajectory rests with one party and their zombified brains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an example to demonstrate geneity of news programming and encourage people to consider why that geneity exists. You think I posted that because I support Sinclair programming? What sense does that make? No one should ever trust those networks or newscasters again after seeing that video.

Meh you're so wildly uniformed you attacked someone on the left for being in a cult by posting an example of straight right wing propaganda from a disgusting company called Sinclair, thinking you were scoring points against ABC, NBC, and CBS like the major networks are the ones producing this local news garbage you posted. Bothsides apologists like you are almost universally hard right wing because there is no defending their side that uses culture war rabble rousing to manufacture consent for keeping taxes low on the rich. So try to make the Democrats look hard left, lol the party led by Clinton and Biden being leftist is rich.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know about cheaping out and letting Strickland walk, but what else did he do to skirt the Spurs les DRob didn't win? I'm not closing in on 50 like most posters so I don't really remember too much.

Those Spurs squads won plenty of games, but even if DRob had made it to the Finals in the 90s, chances are he's getting smashed by the Bulls in the most crooked era of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know about cheaping out and letting Strickland walk, but what else did he do to skirt the Spurs les DRob didn't win? I'm not closing in on 50 like most posters so I don't really remember too much.

Those Spurs squads won plenty of games, but even if DRob had made it to the Finals in the 90s, chances are he's getting smashed by the Bulls in the most crooked era of basketball.
    PHI was willing to trade Barkley to us for not much in the way of player return. Red didn’t want to pay him, so he vetoed the trade.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have any problem with people walking on McCombs grave for the reasons already mentioned. I did the same ing thing when Bud Adams died. If you a piece of alive you are a piece of dead. I'm not going to sit here and act like you were some great human just because you stopped breathing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red gave us 20 games of Jerry Tarkanian as coach. At least he had enough good sense to fire him.
    Last edited by rogcl1; 02-24-2023 at 12:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHI was willing to trade Barkley to us for not much in the way of player return. Red didn’t want to pay him, so he vetoed the trade.
    Good trivia...never knew this. That would have been awesome to have Barkley here, even non-prime Barkley. Wonder if he would have begun his big ole women in SA shtick even earlier...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m of the opinion that Barkley just isn’t the guy you can win the le with. The suns came close because they surrounded him with shooters but even that team needed 64 FTs to just get to the finals. Barkley holds on the ball way too much, is not a good player off ball and a mediocre shooter. His defense is one of the worst amongst the top 30 players of all time. Him and robinson would not have worked.

And I love Barkley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m of the opinion that Barkley just isn’t the guy you can win the le with. The suns came close because they surrounded him with shooters but even that team needed 64 FTs to just get to the finals. Barkley holds on the ball way too much, is not a good player off ball and a mediocre shooter. His defense is one of the worst amongst the top 30 players of all time. Him and robinson would not have worked.

And I love Barkley.
    Would have still been a better fit than putting ty Del Negro next to David tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly for Terry mings and Willie Anderson. And then of course mings blew out his knee in a pickup game that summer after Barkley had been traded to Phoenix and TC's career as a productive player was done. Went from borderline allstar to end of the bench scrub overnight with that injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have still been a better fit than putting ty Del Negro next to David tbh
    Them fighting words. Del negro led the spurs to 50+ wins year after year and then robinson blew it away by being soft in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them fighting words. Del negro led the spurs to 50+ wins year after year and then robinson blew it away by being soft in the playoffs.
    Vinod Del Negro sucked ass, and was one of the reasons the Spurs always flamed out in the playoffs.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vinod Del Negro sucked ass, and was one of the reasons the Spurs always flamed out in the playoffs.
    Steve Smith and Rasho too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly for Terry mings and Willie Anderson. And then of course mings blew out his knee in a pickup game that summer after Barkley had been traded to Phoenix and TC's career as a productive player was done. Went from borderline allstar to end of the bench scrub overnight with that injury.
    Loved me some Terry C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd clap back but I'm just happy the Spurs found a way to drop this game in Utah after leading by 10 at the half, was getting nervous for a minute. Should have had faith though, this team plays defense like the roster is twelve ty Del Negros.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry guys. Should’ve used blue font.

Thread Information