Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Larry Brown responsible for having Brick shipped out? Brown was and probably still is the ultimate "tinkerer" when it comes to messing with rosters.
    As for letting Strickland walk, I thought that was on Bob Bass who was the GM at the time.
    strickland let it be known far and wide that he thought SA was a ty town and he wanted out. He refused to abide by the coaches bedcheck rules on road trips and gave indications that he would play (badly) his way out of here. He was one of the very gifted PGs of his day and we all had such high hopes when he came here. We got him in a trade for Maurice Cheeks who was at the end of his career. It was a surprise to many that NY would trade a talented young guy for Cheeks, so I think something was going on in NY. He especially resented being traded from his hometown (NY) to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On one of the NBA TV Game Time shows with veteran All Stars, they were talking about 'players you didn't want to mess with" and some names were called. Then Kenny Smith said very quietly, "you never wanted to mess with Alvin Robertson" and there were solemn nods all around.

Given that he ha/has a bad boy at ude, he did NOT want to bring that to the SA jail which in most pods is controlled by the two Mexican gangs. When they call for a beat down, it isn't just one or two guys that Alvin would have faced but every member in that pod. I've seen 'em blind a black drug dealer who thought he was a bad dude for monopolizing the phone by heating water to boiling in a cell and then throwing it in his face. Alvin may be lucky if he just got a beat down. Could've been worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On one of the NBA TV Game Time shows with veteran All Stars, they were talking about 'players you didn't want to mess with" and some names were called. Then Kenny Smith said very quietly, "you never wanted to mess with Alvin Robertson" and there were solemn nods all around.

Given that he ha/has a bad boy at ude, he did NOT want to bring that to the SA jail which in most pods is controlled by the two Mexican gangs. When they call for a beat down, it isn't just one or two guys that Alvin would have faced but every member in that pod. I've seen 'em blind a black drug dealer who thought he was a bad dude for monopolizing the phone by heating water to boiling in a cell and then throwing it in his face. Alvin may be lucky if he just got a beat down. Could've been worse.

They probably come after you with more than a butter knife

I'm Calm
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news. Hope he gets worse done to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I doubt it mattered how he acted. He ed with kids and was going to catch a beating regardless. But he's getting what he deserved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    strickland let it be known far and wide that he thought SA was a ty town and he wanted out. He refused to abide by the coaches bedcheck rules on road trips and gave indications that he would play (badly) his way out of here.
    I've been a Spurs fan for decades and that's the first I ever heard of this. Do you have an inside source or something? As far as NY trading him, they had Mark Jackson and needed to make a choice on who to go with. Cheeks added veteran leadership and seriously wanted out of San Antonio. If anyone was vocal about not wanting to be here, it was him. Old Cheeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq went upside Robertson's head during a game. It was bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oUJV8ApL58

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alvin Roberston got the beaten out of him in the county jail today. (Not the first time, from what I understand.) I don't like any of the things he did, but they didn't sentence the guy to be stuck in a little room and beaten. If that's what should happen, get a judge to sentence him to it. But don't turn things over to some other heel in the jail.

Just for the record, those who thought Little Nico was a good choice, just because a bunch of Spurs players play poker with him... think again. The SA criminal justice system is in serious disarray.
    You mean the City of San Antonio offices of Thomas J. Henry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq went upside Robertson's head during a game. It was bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oUJV8ApL58
    Damn. Robertson was ready to go right after. None of this bowing up while backing away. And Skiles ready to go toe to toe with Laimbeer.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been a Spurs fan for decades and that's the first I ever heard of this. Do you have an inside source or something? As far as NY trading him, they had Mark Jackson and needed to make a choice on who to go with. Cheeks added veteran leadership and seriously wanted out of San Antonio. If anyone was vocal about not wanting to be here, it was him. Old Cheeks.
    Yeah, mother ing Cheeks was living in a hotel when he was here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he hated SA
    Yeah, mother ing Cheeks was living in a hotel when he was here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw him at the Valero on the corner of AT&T Parkway today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Robertson was ready to go right after. None of this bowing up while backing away. And Skiles ready to go toe to toe with Laimbeer.
    The good ol’ days. I wonder how many ppl on this current board have ever been in a real fight?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember doing his basketball camps. He got so sick of me asking for autographs every day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robertson in February 2010 awas arrested for alleged sexual assault of a 14-year-old child, trafficking an underage child for purposes of sex, and forcing a sexual performance by a child. The case against him centered on him allegedly being involved in an underage sex ring. He was among the seven people involved in the case that allegedly forced the girl into pros ution and made her dance at a strip club in Corpus Christi. Following the charges, he posted bail but was in and out of jail several times throughout 2010 until a judge ordered him to stay under house arrest.
    State District Judge Jefferson Moore rule in December 2015 that he was innocent of the charges against him. The court determined that the young girl at the center of the investigation had lied about the situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strickland was a , but like others have said, was the best PG the Spurs had until the young Tony Parker showed up on the scene.
    James Silas was way better than Strickland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all his faults off the court he was beyond exciting to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had quite the wild boys back in the day between Strick, Anderson, Robertson and mad Max. Speaking of Willia Anderson PTR has been doing top 50 Spurs and it is horrible. I’m sure Robertson is up soon.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/plat...inson-olympics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you look at the discussions on Alvin Robertson around the net, it is not about whether he was good but rather why he does not belong in the hall of fame. He was that good of a player and can be argued that he was the best defensive player the Spurs ever had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you look at the discussions on Alvin Robertson around the net, it is not about whether he was good but rather why he does not belong in the hall of fame. He was that good of a player and can be argued that he was the best defensive player the Spurs ever had.
    NBA only resume'. Less than 700 games played, less than 11K points. He was a top defensive player, but he's not a HOFer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrell Walker was also a tough mofo
    Probably why Jordan respected him

Strickland was also ready to throw it down

Thread Information