Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard a lot of talk about getting a good big next to Wemby. I admit, I took an multi-year break from the Spurs and haven't watched MAMU much...but, what I saw at the end of the year I thought was pretty impressive. As good, or better, than most of the footage I'm seeing from other bigs in this draft. I also admit...I am no fan of Sochan. He's an undersized PF, not a good enough shooter for SF...and I just don't like his BBIQ. Tho, I did see some games where he was awesome, it was like 1 in 5. Seems he was consistently inconsistent.

MAMU I liked every game. His hustle was non-stop and he always seem to be doing good things as a second big next to Wemby. He could get dominated by a bigger center, but not as bad as Sochan or Collins. Again, I haven't watched him closely for 2 years tho...

If we drafted a PG and SF...could Mamu replace Sochan? Imo, the 2 people I believe must be replaced, are Champagnie and Sochan,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu is the other side of the Sochan coin, all offense, no defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a deep bench, situational big on one of the worst teams in the NBA like Jok, Eubanks and 10 other guys before him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be FA fodder if his name didn't rhyme with Manu.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a deep bench, situational big on one of the worst teams in the NBA like Jok, Eubanks and 10 other guys before him.
    He's wayyyyyyyy better than Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu as the 10th to 12th man making a minuscule salary is practically a non-issue. It'd be different if he was asking for the MLE or something like that. I like him for spot minutes.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they keep two of their three existing rotational fringe bigs, he should be one of them. I won't mention their names because I'm assuming you know that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu is the other side of the Sochan coin, all offense, no defense.
    On the contrary he rebounded well during that stretch when starters were out. Also his motor was high enough to bother bigs. He has the physical strength just needs to get tough

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plays really well off of Victor. If we don't do anything to upgrade the PF position he should start or at least be getting 20 minutes at the position.

It's not really about how "good" or "bad" he is, it's how he meshes with the franchise player. You can make the case no one else does better on this team.

People talk about how bad his defense is. I've never seen him give up a score or miss a rotation and think to myself "oh Sochan would have played that much better."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a positive impact every time he was on the court. Actually led the Spurs in +/- last season.

I think his weaknesses are overblown, and strengths are underrated. Makes up for his defensive limitations with his hustle, and energizes his teammates.

Extra bonus is how well he compliments Wemby's game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him as the next Bonner

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shame he didnt get more play time.Bad moves from our coaching staff not to give him a chance earlier in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see him brought back and given 10-15 mins a night tbh. He definitely has chemistry with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby likes him an he lights up talking about playing along side him. He's staying with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary he rebounded well during that stretch when starters were out. Also his motor was high enough to bother bigs. He has the physical strength just needs to get tough
    You have to be defensively switchable in this day and age, and he’s not. Effort and hustle can only take you so far. The discussion in the OP was could he REPLACE Sochan, and I’m firmly and unapologetically in the NO camp. I like Mamu, and think he provides a nice change of pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy can run a offense, is auto basket....maybe sochan should switch roles with him and just concentrate on defense and 2nd chance baskets...

Thread Information