Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,234 of 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with how weak this draft is I wouldn't trade up. With how stacked the 25 draft is, I wouldn't trade any of our 25 picks. Garland's value is down since playing with Mitc inflated his stats, but other teams also trying to trade for him will drive up the price. The only picks I'd be willing to move are #8, the CHA first and a bunch of 2nd rounders. There's no way you get Garland for that and Keldon Johnson tbh. I'm in the "keep the powder dry" camp right now, unless there's a deal out there where you pull of a heist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with how weak this draft is I wouldn't trade up. With how stacked the 25 draft is, I wouldn't trade any of our 25 picks. Garland's value is down since playing with Mitc inflated his stats, but other teams also trying to trade for him will drive up the price. The only picks I'd be willing to move are #8, the CHA first and a bunch of 2nd rounders. There's no way you get Garland for that and Keldon Johnson tbh. I'm in the "keep the powder dry" camp right now, unless there's a deal out there where you pull of a heist.
    I agree with pretty much everything except this. Garland was an All Star the year before Mitc arrived, and his stats took a small hit in year one, and a bigger hit in year two. Playing with Mitc in no way helped him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you think the other suitors for his services would be realistically? I’m sure they exist but I also wonder if they’re matches. I think the biggest contender is Orlando tbh.

Like what are the best packages LAL, ORL, and BYN could build?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they had the same management in place, I'd agree.... new management can easily take the best deal and throw blame/shade at rhe previous regime.... that will sell PR-wise.
    The former GM quit over this very deal, because, and stop me if you’ve heard it before, the owner’s failson drove the deal to the deficit of the franchise. It doesn’t matter that the regime is new. The owner would still have to sign off on something like this, a deficit trade, and I doubt he does. It would bring back into the public conversation what a yutz his son is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The former GM quit over this very deal, because, and stop me if you’ve heard it before, the owner’s failson drove the deal to the deficit of the franchise. It doesn’t matter that the regime is new. The owner would still have to sign off on something like this, a deficit trade, and I doubt he does. It would bring back into the public conversation what a yutz his son is.
    That could be. My experience with spoiled en led Kids is that they don't take responsibility for anything. He is probably so oblivious that he doesn't even recognize his culpability.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae vs Darius vs Dejounte is an interesting argument - I do agree that from a team-building perspective Dejounte is easily the most natural fit especially with Vassell's declined defense, but it does require a significant amount of buy-in on the defensive end from him. Dejounte's defensive impact cratered on the Hawks and part of it was definitely due to his being miscast starting next to Trae and being unable to use his relative size advantage. However, even in SA his last season, his defensive impact went down with his offensive role increased. You'd have to hope that with a reduced offensive role with Vassell and Wemby in the fold, he can get back to his early spurs years level which would require a decent amount of buy-in on his part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they had the same management in place, I'd agree.... new management can easily take the best deal and throw blame/shade at rhe previous regime.... that will sell PR-wise.
    I’m trying to think of examples where a team re-acquired (via trade) a player they traded away. The only one I can think of is that the Pistons gave us Rodman for Elliott, and then turned around and sent him back for Bill Curly (lol). There were some extenuating cir stances (Rodman holing up in the Palace with a shotgun; Elliott getting chubby, having some injuries in DET) there… but there is an example of a team getting a reduced return to “undo” a trade.

With that said, the Spurs also paid Sean Elliott to get Rodman, and then turnaround and gave him away for freakin’ Will Purdue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta isn’t trading us Trae or DJ for anything less than all of their picks back.
    Now we know we can get DJ for less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you do Keldon, Malaki, #8 and Cha pick for Laurin and Clarkson? Or maybe our #4 instead of #8 and we get their #10. Both scenarios work on the trade machine.
    Would Utha do it? If not, what do you think would it take to get it done?
    Clarkson has 2 years at 14M left, Lauri expires after this season.
    Last edited by pookenstein; 15 Minutes Ago at 03:08 AM.

Thread Information