Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Freedom seeds flying freely now over Ukraine

Putler in ed around and found out spin cycle again

Been waitin' on ya, son...
    [COLOR=var(--text)]Biggest Putin victory since 2023 amid Navalny horror as Russians take Ukrainian city

The Russian flag was raised in Avdiivka and Ukraine’s military chief confirmed he was withdrawing his troops where defenders have battled a Russian assault for four months

Russian troops raise a Russian flag in Avdiivka
    [/COLOR]

ByRachel HaganNews Reporter

• |

Warmonger Vladimir Putin has won his biggest victory in Ukraine since May 2023 as his forces seized control of the eastern city of Avdiivka.
    The Russian flag was raised in the city and Ukraine’s military chief confirmed he was withdrawing his troops from the city where outnumbered defenders have battled a Russian assault for four months. This puts the Kremlin's forces on the cusp of their most significant battlefield victory since the capture of Bakhmut last May. "Some soldiers had to walk 7 hours, some were able to ride out but all agree they were lucky to make it out", journalist on-the-ground Madeleine Kelly wrote on X, formerly Twitter.
    "What is happening now in Avdiivka is beyond all our understanding. Over the past 24 hours, more than 1,300 Russian servicemen have died", wrote a Russian Telegram channel called Don’t Wait For Me From Ukraine, which monitors Moscow’s military casualties. In a short statement posted on Facebook, Ukrainian commander Col. Gen. Oleksandr Syrskyi said he had decided to avoid encirclement and “preserve the lives and health of servicemen."
    The news comes as Putin wins another victory with the death of his fiercest critic and opponent Alexei Navalny. The death of Russia's most well-known and inspiring opposition politician came less than a month before an election that will give President Vladimir Putin another six years in power. World leaders and activists were not shy today in blaming the reported death of Navalny on Putin and his government.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Funny how Russia keeps reporting their results to the media. It's a propaganda war. Russia by all accounts has already lost because they've lost so many resources with nothing to show, and their military command infrastructure has imploded. All this over what, a few square miles of land that will be given up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Funny how Russia keeps reporting their results to the media. It's a propaganda war. Russia by all accounts has already lost because they've lost so many resources with nothing to show, and their military command infrastructure has imploded. All this over what, a few square miles of land that will be given up.
    State run CNN is confirming the materiel before putting it down onto the record. I retrieve that materiel off State run CNN's site and bring it in here.

Russia has (shown) and gotten back 20% of their dirt since invading Ukraine for said dirt. Ukraine's command infrastructure has imploded as well.

And they ain't had an election in Ukr in a coon's age, Lue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ukrainian Special Forces and Syrian Rebels Decimate Russian Mercenaries in Syria

Exclusive videos obtained by Kyiv Post from sources within Ukraine’s Military Intelligence Directorate (HUR) show Ukrainian special forces and Syrian rebels destroying Russian mercenaries in Syria. The video is dated March 2024.

The HUR special squad “Khimik,” in collaboration with the Syrian opposition, is attacking Russian mercenaries fighting alongside the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria.

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/33695

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

[[[Survivors say Russia is waging a war of sexual violence in occupied areas of Ukraine. Men are often the victims

By Ivana Kottasová and Olga Voitovych, CNN

15 minute read
    Updated 4:53 AM EDT, Thu May 30, 2024

Photo Illustration by CNN/Getty Images/Sergeev Pavel

Editor’s Note: This story contains graphic and disturbing descriptions of sexual violence.
    KyivCNN —
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Within an hour of being arrested by Russian security forces, Roman Shapovalenko was made naked and threatened with rape.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]On August 25, 2022, the day after Ukraine’s Independence Day, he said three armed, masked officers from Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) stormed his home in the southern Ukrainian port city of Kherson, which was occupied by Russian forces at the time.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]They turned his house inside out searching for incriminating evidence. A message in Shapovalenko’s phone that called Russian soldiers “orcs” — a derisive reference to the evil forces in J. R. R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth books and a popular Ukrainian slur for the Russian army — was enough for them. He said he was tied up, blindfolded and stuffed into an unmarked car.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]For days after, Shapovalenko said he was repeatedly electrocuted in his genital area, threatened with being raped with a glass bottle, and was even made to believe he could be sterilized.]]]

(to be continued)
    [/COLOR]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putler just found the worse kind of enemy, one that will go out of his way from the gates of to find new ways to him!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Putler just found the worse kind of enemy, one that will go out of his way from the gates of to find new ways to him!

(continued from above)

[[[“They seemed to have a fetish for genitalia. Sometimes the door would open, and they would say: ‘We’re going to take out our batons and we’re going to rape everyone here,’” the 39-year-old farm manager told CNN.
    Describing the graphic detail of his experience matter-of-factly, Shapovalenko sometimes paused to laugh nervously. He said his sense of humor is helping with what he knows will be a long recovery. The Russians, he said, hated it. “I made a little joke, and they didn’t like it. I got punched for that.”
    Shapovalenko’s experience of sexual violence at the hands of Russian forces is common among Ukrainians – including civilians and soldiers – who have been detained since Russia launched its full-scale invasion of the country more than two years ago.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the night provides no sanctuary

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Even the night provides no sanctuary

(continued from above)

[[[Human rights monitors have long reported on the rampant use of sexual violence by Russian police and security forces against prisoners and detainees in Russia. Now it seems Russia is exporting the practice to occupied Ukraine.

A Ukrainian soldier walks through the basement of a restaurant that was allegedly used as a torture site by Russian forces during the occupation of Snihurivka in southern Ukraine.
    Chris McGrath/Getty Images

Few men have spoken publicly about their ordeal, but Ukrainian prosecutors and rights groups say male victims make up a growing proportion of cases. The crimes often go unreported because of the stigma and shame associated with them. The latest United Nations Security Council annual report into conflict-related sexual violence said that 85 cases had been do ented in Ukraine in 2023 – affecting 52 men, 31 women, one girl and one boy. A separate report from UN rights officials who interviewed 60 male Ukrainian prisoners of war following their release found that 39 were victims of sexual violence while in Russian detention.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been waitin' on ya, son.

(continued from above)

[[[CNN interviewed four male survivors, two in person and two by phone, and obtained testimonies from two more, who were held by Russian units across five Ukrainian regions that have been occupied or annexed by Moscow: Kherson, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Kharkiv and Crimea. All described being subjected to forced nudity, genital electrocution – most often with wires from the Soviet-era military field telephone TA-57, known as “Tapik” – and threats of rape.
    Their accounts tallied with cases do ented by regional prosecutors in Kyiv, Kherson and Kharkiv and were corroborated by witnesses held in the same detention facilities in Kharkiv and Kherson.

RELATED ARTICLEThousands of Ukrainians have been sent to Russian prisons. Ukraine says they’re being held as bargaining chips]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russian logistics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Russian logistics

Been waitin' on ya, son.

(continued from above)

[[[Taken together, their stories capture what prosecutors describe as Russia’s systematic and continuing use of sexual violence in occupied areas as part of its efforts to force the Ukrainian people into submission.
    “We see it over and over again in different regions under occupation. They use the same method of committing sexual violence, the same method of humiliation, the same method of how they explain it to their victims,” said Anna Sosonska, a Ukrainian prosecutor and the acting chief of the conflict-related sexual violence division in Ukraine’s Office of the Prosecutor General.
    Speaking to CNN from her office in Kyiv, Sosonska said that a significant number of do ented crimes of sexual violence by Russian troops, including forced nudity, genital mutilation, rape and forced exposure to sexual violence against others, were being carried out against men. “Especially by using electric current on genitals – that is the top of the list,” she said.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been a waitin' on ya, son.

(continued from above)

[[[‘They all laughed’

Roman Chernenko said he spent seven months in a “punishment cell” in a prison in the occupied city of Olenivka, in the eastern Donetsk region, after he was captured by Russian troops in Mariupol area. The 29-year-old intelligence officer with the Ukrainian military – who goes by the call sign “Omen” – described being tortured as often as three times a day, every day, for four months.
    “Tapik is a military phone with two wires. One is connected to your balls, the other to your finger, and they just keep turning the current up,” he told CNN. “They just keep twisting it until the person tells them what they need.”
    He said he believes officers from Russia’s GRU, the Russian Federal Penitentiary Service (FSIN) and the FSB, Russia’s main intelligence agency, all took part in the torture.
    Chernenko was released as part of a prisoner exchange in January 2024 and is still recovering from the ordeal. Speaking to CNN a few weeks after his release, on the day he proposed to his girlfriend, he said it was his thoughts of her and his mother that gave him strength to survive captivity.
    “They laughed when they tortured me … they told me that my mother was being f**ked by Chechens. They took me to be shot twice, they threatened me with rape,” he said.
    CNN asked Russia’s Ministry of Defense, Interior Ministry, FSB, National Guard (Rosgvardia) and the military intelligence agency, known as the GRU, for comment on allegations of sexual violence at specific detention facilities, but has not received any response.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been awaitin' on ya, son.

[continued from above]

[[[A photo taken in Bucha shows a basement believed to have been used by Russian forces to torture and kill civilians. Ukrainian police said the bodies of five men aged between 24 and 54 were found there.
    Kyodo News/Getty Images

Rape and sexual violence are explicitly prohibited by the Geneva Conventions – the set of international laws that regulate the conduct of armed conflict – and can cons ute a war crime. Mock execution is considered a form of torture under international law.
    Under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC), committing rape and sexual violence in a systematic or widespread way is considered a crime against humanity.
    According to Ukrainian prosecutors investigating conflict-based sexual violence and abuse, all available evidence indicates that it is a deliberate tactic, part of Russia’s modus operandi in Ukraine.
    “It’s in every region that was under occupation. Everywhere that Russian troops were located, we’re seeing cases of sexual violence and gender-based violence. The bottom line is that it looks like it is Russian policy,” Sosonska said.
    As of early May, Ukraine has officially recorded 293 cases of sexual violence, although Sosonska said that it is impossible to estimate the real number of crimes that are being committed, particularly in occupied territories which remain inaccessible to its investigators and prosecutors.
    ]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been waitin' on ya, son...just a couple a lines...

(continued from above)

[[[Some 37,000 Ukrainian citizens are unaccounted for, according to the Ukrainian ombudsman’s office, with thousands believed to be held in Russian detention and at risk of torture and sexual violence.]]]

(to be continued)

Thread Information