Page 331 of 331 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331
Results 8,251 to 8,268 of 8268
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade #8 & #35 for Giddey and #12. Does OKC hang up the phone? Would the spurs consider that? If Donovan Clingan falls to #8 I think a lot of teams will be calling the spurs
    I like your thinking. How about:

Draft Castle at 4 and then trade the #8 & 48 + Branham or Wesley for Giddey and the #12. Honestly OKC will probably field offers for Giddey. I'm fairly sure he could lob some passes to Wemby.
    Draft someone like Devin Carter at 12 and someone @ 35 for the G-League. OKC may be done with Giddey, but he would be someone who makes Wemby a better player with his elite passing skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade #8 & #35 for Giddey and #12. Does OKC hang up the phone? Would the spurs consider that? If Donovan Clingan falls to #8 I think a lot of teams will be calling the spurs
    He cant shoot, Spurs need shooting. There is a reason, why OKC should move him for 3&D help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs sent like eight scouts to see Topic a few months ago. I think it’s plain obvious that he’s the guy at 4.

It’s the same reasoning when people saw three guys from the Hawks FO watch Risacher and all of a sudden he’s being mocked #1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really like this post by SpursBills. He gave a somewhat tangible structure/scheme on how those two picks can impact winning. I expect another to give an alternative structure/scheme to choose from.
    SpursBills one of the top posters on this website, tbh. Love reading his/her (sorry, I don't know which) posts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursBills one of the top posters on this website, tbh. Love reading his/her (sorry, I don't know which) posts.
    Thanks man. Many of my takes might age like milk, but even if they do they can at least be entertaining reads to look back on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He cant shoot, Spurs need shooting. There is a reason, why OKC should move him for 3&D help
    I think Giddey would be a really good 6th man! spurs need talent. If we did what I proposed which is unlikely I know. We get a versatile player maker in Giddey, still have the 4th pick and acquired the 12th pick in the process.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a write up on the UCONN kids
    Interesting point about Castle's 3pts % is that he's gotten better during the season and like Wemby for ex, his start worsens a lot his final averages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Giddey would be a really good 6th man! spurs need talent. If we did what I proposed which is unlikely I know. We get a versatile player maker in Giddey, still have the 4th pick and acquired the 12th pick in the process.
    I doubt he’s interested in a sixth man role at 22.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As more time passes. I am leaning more towards Castle as one of our picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he’s interested in a sixth man role at 22.
    It’s better than being benched and talked about as being a liability for his team. Right situation I think he’ll find a good role, spurs know and can convince most how important a 6th man is to a teams success.
    Last edited by Degoat; 5 Hours Ago at 10:04 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't want Giddy personally. Shooters, point guard, defenders

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had one injury, which he then re-aggravated. It’s the same one that Blake had, an MCL, and if you’re going to have a knee ligament injury, that’s the way to go. If he needs surgery, and we don’t know that, it’s a 3-6 month recovery, not a year like an ACL. And what are these character issues you’re babbling about?
    I'm not saying there's any character concerns, it was what other people were talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like most of the guys being mentioned Castle, Dillingham, Risacher, Sheppard would all be great picks but damnittt the more and more I watch on Devin Carter the more I like him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like most of the guys being mentioned Castle, Dillingham, Risacher, Sheppard would all be great picks but damnittt the more and more I watch on Devin Carter the more I like him.

Him or Holland at 8.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him or Holland at 8.
    Probably the best athlete in the draft

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My big board now for the Spurs.

Wings
    1. Risacher
    2. Holland
    3. Williams
    4. Buzelis

Guards
    1. Sheppard
    2. Castle
    3. Dillingham
    4. Topic

The only one I think won’t be there at 4 is Risacher. Possibly Sheppard if Rockets take him at 3. So the pick at 4 will prob be between Holland and Castle. I don’t think either drops to 8.

I’d be happy with two wings or one wing and one guard. Only two guard scenario would be if Castle is one of them since he’s a jumbo guard that should be able to play 1/2/3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After one year of Wemby's evaluation, I'm curiuos on how our fo values this draft...that's full of french or supposed french speaking people (Sarr, Risacher, Salaun, Dadiet, Edey, Ajinca), playmaking or secondary playmaking guys (Topic, Dilly, Castle, Sheppard, Carter) and good shooters (Sheppard, McCain) or supposed 3d wing shooters (Risacher, Buzelis, Holland, Salaun).
    Considering we have a good draft capital for future years, that this draft is still considered a weak one so with some teams at least eager to sell their picks, and that Wemby could be a big part of future team roster decisions, I would not be surprised if we explore the chance to add some more first round picks exploiting other teams preferences of problems...
    for example:
    a) sending Braham to Cleveland for Jerome and the 20th pick seems reasonable (they had interest in him, and considering the Garland/Mitc problem, probably they will need to add another shooting guard...as of now looks that Mitc will be re signed as future primary ball handler, and Garland will be traded);
    b) if Portland is tired of Ayton (his behavior could take him out of the league once his contract expire in 2 years) we could offer dependable players such as Collins (that they already know and choose) and KJ plus our two seconds for DAA and 7 plus 14 pick.

We could then cut both Jerome and DAA (if he doesn't promise to behave) ND,
    at the end of these two deals, we so could have picks:

not a bad starting point for the 2024/2025 season imho...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a note, Castle was hurt earlier in the year and didn't start playing until around December. It took him a bit to start getting noticed again.
    that's what I was pointing out about Cody Williams as well, who suffered three injuries during his season. might be even some kind of good luck for the Spurs, because if he had a healthy season and had played more games like those stretches in November and January, he might nor be an option at 8. he clearly wasn't healthy after the ankle sprain, when he came back to play the conference tournament and was downgraded to a bench role. I would blame this to the coaches, if he had shut down the season in February, he would likely be ranked higher, because he had shown enough potential in the 16 or so games before. but of course teams will consider the cir stances and some will have him higher. I can see him going to Detroit at 5. he would make a lot of sense for them. but it would be great, if the Spurs would have him as an option at 8, even if they finally take someone else.

Thread Information