PDA

View Full Version : When is hip hop going to die?

Pages : [1] 2

J.T.
06-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Shit has been polluting American youth for way too long.

Ignignokt
06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
when people stop making idiot references to hip hop influencing jazz, classical and rock when all those predate hip hop.

J.T.
Shit has been polluting American youth for way too long.

You know its a problem when your 8 year old cousin is listening to the shit. I'm going to buy him a guitar for Christmas now. And an iPod. With every rock and roll album I own on it.

BRHornet45
son watch out. the democrats here will be quick to call you a racist for even hinting at that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2008, 09:40 PM
You know its a problem when your 8 year old cousin is listening to the shit. I'm going to buy him a guitar for Christmas now. And an iPod. With every rock and roll album I own on it.

That'll teach him. :tu

Ignignokt
06-19-2008, 09:40 PM
hip hop is pop.

they are indistinguishable now.

You have rockers collaborating with rappers and even country music stars. It's here to stay.

When Dykemart says that Eminem is talented like Johnny Cash, that gives america no hope.

J.T.
06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
son watch out. the democrats here will be quick to call you a racist for even hinting at that.

It's no longer racist for white people to say "nigga", because it's in so many damn hip hop songs that no one gives a fuck anymore. Almost no thought or talent goes into creating hip hop. Actually that can be said for 80% of the recording industry right now, but even less creativity goes into hip hop than pop or rock or country or fucking anything else. I could write a song while blacked out drunk, perform it "from memory" the next day and it would be better than anything a hip hop artist could produce.

While I'm on the subject electronic/techno shit needs to gtfo out too. I'll go listen to loops of 1990s Sega game music if I wanted to hear that.

J.T.
06-19-2008, 09:43 PM
That'll teach him. :tu

Thanks. Even if it means he's doing crack and heroin by the 9th grade, that's better than spending his youth looking up to hip hop artists.

BRHornet45
06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
It's no longer racist for white people to say "nigga", because it's in so many damn hip hop songs that no one gives a fuck anymore. Almost no thought or talent goes into creating hip hop. Actually that can be said for 80% of the recording industry right now, but even less creativity goes into hip hop than pop or rock or country or fucking anything else. I could write a song while blacked out drunk, perform it "from memory" the next day and it would be better than anything a hip hop artist could produce.

While I'm on the subject electronic/techno shit needs to gtfo out too. I'll go listen to loops of 1990s Sega game music if I wanted to hear that.

I agree son. to be a successful rapper it has NOTHING to do with musical talent. the beats are created for you and in most cases sampled (aka stolen) from other classic songs. the only "Talent" that is required to be a rapper is getting the right look and keeping your street cred.

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh yeah ... I use to tell the kids in school (Jefferson Parish) that for every rap star out there, there's 10,000 young African-American (and white, and Mexican) males in jail or prison wondering why they didn't make it.

Hating hip-hop music and "culture" doesn't make me racist. I hate it out of my concern for black Americans.

Chief
06-19-2008, 10:04 PM
"I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip."

"I'm against all "it's me"s. So self-absorbed and egotistical, it's
like those hip musicians with their complicated shoes!"

Sincerely,

George Costanza

ShoogarBear
06-19-2008, 10:05 PM
:sleep

Fifty years ago they were saying the same thing about rock-n-roll.

mavs>spurs2
06-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Hip hop will never die because lots of young guys in the hood can relate to the things these rappers say and really feel the music. Also, you won't ever see people dancing to rock or country in the club, people like the fast paced beats and aggressive lyrics. I agree hip hop is dying, but back in the day you had talented song makers like Tupac and even today there are some great lyracists who don't only rap about money, cars, and bitches.

Evan
06-19-2008, 10:08 PM

Pretty sure rock n roll didn't glorify killing people.

BRHornet45
06-19-2008, 10:09 PM

and son last time I checked, rock and roll required musical talent.

Chief
06-19-2008, 10:09 PM

true, but instead they wear black nail polish and dress like goblins

ShoogarBear
06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah, and the soothing sounds of Paul Whiteman never glorified sex and drugs. So that's what we should go back to.

BRHornet45
06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
sons I personally have nothing against hip hop and I think its fun to listen to. however, I don't consider it real music. then again, about 95% of the bullshit played on the radio now days isn't real music either. so you can't just pick on rap.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2008, 10:12 PM
and son last time I checked, rock and roll required musical talent.

Another direct adaptation of a quote from 50 years ago.

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Hip hop will never die because lots of young guys in the hood can relate to the things these rappers say and really feel the music. Also, you won't ever see people dancing to rock or country in the club, people like the fast paced beats and aggressive lyrics. I agree hip hop is dying, but back in the day you had talented song makers like Tupac and even today there are some great lyracists who don't only rap about money, cars, and bitches.

I actually agree that rap is on its deathbed. I'd take it a step further and say that rock is dead too. Has been since at least 1991, if not earlier.

This isn't to say that all rap, and all rock, produced since then sucks. Some of it is quite good. But I would argue that rock ceased to be the cultural force that it once was at least 2 decades ago. And rap is fast heading there too. I speak not in terms of record sales (rappers do rather well there still), but in terms of having much more to say. What else is there for mainstream rap?

scott
06-19-2008, 10:15 PM
When are people going to recognize their radio comes equiped with a minimum of 2 buttons:

1 changes the channel
1 turns it off

J.T.
06-19-2008, 10:16 PM
When are people going to recognize their radio comes equiped with a minimum of 2 buttons:

1 changes the channel
1 turns it off

Too bad it doesn't come with a button that prevents music recorded by people with no talent from coming thru the speakers.

mavs>spurs2
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Too bad it doesn't come with a button that prevents music recorded by people with no talent from coming thru the speakers.

1 changes the channel
1 turns it off

Both of these buttons do just fine, J.T. If you don't like it you don't gotta listen to it. That's why I bought a car adapter for my zune and take it wherever I go.

Evan
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah, and the soothing sounds of Paul Whiteman never glorified sex and drugs. So that's what we should go back to.

Better than random murder

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 10:21 PM

1 changes the channel
1 turns it off

True. In a perfect, or halfway-decent world, that would be the case.

But in my neighborhood, we have waaaay too many young males who either (a) haven't thought that their booming car audio systems disturb others, or (b) don't care either way. With these things (some of them are so loud I can hear them from 5-6 blocks away, while I am inside my well-insulated home, with the TV or radio on), I no longer get the choice to either change the channel or turn it off. The "drive-by" phenomenon is one aspect of hip-hop culture that I think its "practicioners" ought to look at.

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 10:25 PM

"I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die"

pretty sure a rapper didn't say that.

mavs>spurs2
06-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm your favorite rappers favorite rapper :lol

BRHornet45
06-19-2008, 10:29 PM

lol son. I love how ANYTIME that this topic comes up, this is the ONLY song that people can think of that rock and roll glorified killing. with rap music, there are hundreds of songs glorifying it. one of my favorites is "I'll Kill a Bitch" - Soulja Slim. I listen to rock, rap, and many others genres. who gives a damn because like I said above, 95% of the "music" now days is pure shit to begin with.

sons just change the channel or don't listen to it if it offends you. problem solved.

GEICO Caveman
06-19-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't hate rap, it's ok and definitely better to dance to than other music. But I don't think MLK was talking about a posse of whiteboys driving around throwing gang signs and listening to rap with the windows down and the bass all the way up when he said "I have a dream". And I've seen that happen more than once too.

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Instead of listening to violent rap music, parents should let their kids have nice safe rock albums like this one -

http://blogs.sltrib.com/trent/uploaded_images/'EmAll(1983)-741037.jpg

BRHornet45
06-19-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't hate rap, it's ok and definitely better to dance to than other music. But I don't think MLK was talking about a posse of whiteboys driving around throwing gang signs and listening to rap with the windows down and the bass all the way up when he said "I have a dream". And I've seen that happen more than once too.

exactly. oh and I just thought of something positive coming from rap music. take a good look at my signature gif. we can thank rap music for girls jiggling their ass like that sons. (yes there was a rap song being played in the background in the video I took that gif from)

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I wish I COULD turn it off!

In many New Orleans neighborhoods, you don't get the choice. You have to listen to it because people either blast it from their houses or from their cars.

I personally think most rap (not all) is pure rot. If you like it, fine. But do have the decency to keep it to yourself, k? Keep it to a reasonable level.

Evan
06-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Any random rap CD laps that pretty fast.

TheSanityAnnex
06-19-2008, 10:34 PM

It seems to have prevented no talent someone else has done this 10,000+ times song writers such as this...........

Verse 1:
In the summer of '93, there wasn't much that made sense to me
Picked up my guitar and hit the road, didn't know where I was gonna go
All these years later ain't much has changed, goin' thru the motions every day
Leavin' the bar at 2AM, tomorrow I'll do it all over again

Chorus:
So pour me a drink, Bartender
In the mornin' I don't wanna remember
Her name, her face or the clothes she wore
When she's passed out naked on my bedroom floor
It ain't because I don't care
and honey don't forget your underwear
But it's hard enough rememberin' who I am
Let alone another one night stand

Verse 2:
Sometimes I'm not too sure, if I can go on anymore
Only so much a man can do, to keep it all from comin' unglued
There ain't much more that I can say, I'd better be goin' on my way
Maybe we should take my car, y'know my place it ain't that far

Repeat Chorus

Refrain:
And maybe, maybe you're the one
Y'know baby, you sure are a lot of fun
But when it comes down to it I just don't know
If I'm ready to let go

Repeat Chorus

I couldn't find the shitty youtube you posted of yourself signing, that would have shut you the fuck up.

I hear your complaints, but.......................

I have a problem with you asking when "hip hop" will die. You do not know hip hop. You know rap. You know MTV rap and radio rap. I could go on and on and counter every argument you have made (while making you look stupid), but I won't, I've done it too many times on this board. We can both agree that "rap" these days sucks, really sucks. But don't lump rap and hip hop together, that would be like me comparing Eric Clapton to Death Cab for Cutie and saying all rock sucks.

Quality hip hop artists (surprise J.T., there are many) are producing some of the most creative, dynamic, and influential music out there today. <Blue Scholars, Josh Martinez, Atmosphere, Deltron, Sage Francis, Sole, Buck 65, Sweatshop Union, Blu & Exile, Aceyalone, Cunninlynguists etc etc etc> When is the last time you've heard anyone else outside of hip hop address today's issues? When is the last time you've heard a protest song? When is the last time you have heard an intelligent song? PM me when you want me to hook you up with some of the dopest music you have ever heard, and that I can guarantee.

J.T.
06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Instead of listening to violent rap music, parents should let their kids have nice safe rock albums like this one -

When I said polluting American youth, I was talking more along the lines of this kind of shit

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/csepics/wigger-42888.jpg

http://sillydad.com/silly/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/wigger-15513.jpg

http://www.jest.com/images/wigger2big.gif

http://www.ninjadude.com/images/Wiggers/wigger-2.jpg

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/dabomb218/Wigger.png

Evan

collect every rock and heavy metal ever made and it doesn't add up to countless rap cd's.

monosylab1k
Any random rap CD laps that pretty fast.

Does that line from a rock singer glorify violence or not?

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 10:36 PM
collect every rock and heavy metal ever made and it doesn't add up to countless rap cd's.

does it glorify violence or not?

TheSanityAnnex
06-19-2008, 10:36 PM
What else is there for mainstream rap?Absolutely nothing. You can only talk about bling, tits, and rims so much before the masses are tired.

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 10:37 PM
I have a problem with you asking when "hip hop" will die. You do not know hip hop. You know rap. You know MTV rap and radio rap. I could go on and on and counter every argument you have made (while making you look stupid), but I won't, I've done it too many times on this board. We can both agree that "rap" these days sucks, really sucks. But don't lump rap and hip hop together, that would be like me comparing Eric Clapton to Death Cab for Cutie and saying all rock sucks.

thank you

Evan
06-19-2008, 10:40 PM
does it glorify violence or not?

100 vs 1,000,000,000,000,000

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 10:40 PM
here's a nice safe rock song for the kids to listen to:
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Guns-N-Roses/Used-To-Love-Her.html

Evan
06-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Bring back Black Sheep!

monosylab1k
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
100 vs 1,000,000,000,000,000

if I squeeze a turd in your cereal are you still gonna eat it because there's only a little bit in comparison to a clogged toilet?

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Absolutely nothing. You can only talk about bling, tits, and rims so much before the masses are tired.

Right. When I criticize rap and hip-hop culture, do remember I am not so much going after the innovators. I would be more than happy if rap were to become (mostly) clean and stick to making music, whatever that may be, and forgetting the gangster stuff.

Rather, I direct my stinging critique at the ones who are making music about violence, bling, rims, booty, etc. Not only is it boring and obnoxious, but it reinforces all kinds of images and stereotypes both for those who listen to it and those who oppose it. I am also no fan of black record labels who continue to sell other blacks this stuff, all in the name of "blackness" and keeping it real.

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 10:45 PM

That song was a joke. But I don't think we mean to argue that "rap is violent, rock isn't." At least that's not what I'm saying.

Evan
06-19-2008, 10:48 PM
if I squeeze a turd in your cereal are you still gonna eat it because there's only a little bit in comparison to a clogged toilet?

Why would you poo in my breakfast?

And why would I let you...:(

J.T.
06-19-2008, 10:50 PM

Point taken. I'll change my focus to rap then. I guess it's a lot like how pop rock (i.e. Blink 182, Fall Out Boy type shit) has kind of replaced real rock. Good rock is a lot harder to find than the shit played on the radio. This also goes for no talent hacks who play 5 power chords over and over with the gain turned all the way up and scream into a microphone and call it metal.

When is the last time you've heard anyone else outside of hip hop address today's issues? When is the last time you've heard a protest song? When is the last time you have heard an intelligent song? PM me when you want me to hook you up with some of the dopest music you have ever heard, and that I can guarantee.

I would gladly listen to some of your tunes just to hear for myself, I'm just set off by my friends (who are also guitar playing rock guys like me) asking me to burn them a D12 CD, or my 8 year old cousin listening to Jay Z at his birthday party. PM me with some links and I'll publicly eat crow right here in this thread after I listen to them.

TheSanityAnnex
An unintelligent song protesting the war and asking for his brother to be brought back home, damn you hip hop with all of your same raps about tits, bling, and rims.

"They say progress but the fact is Dr. Martin Luther King's legacy is looking like the street we named after him, permanently under construction the people hustling despite the pain and the suffering the energy we musterin."
En8DwCeKa6M

Vietnam still being questioned by hip hop artists???
7r0KpWMNxnM

monosylab1k
Why would you poo in my breakfast?

And why would I let you...:(

da evil rap music took ahold o me. it told me to shit in your cereal n killz me sum white people.

mardigan

You can find shit way worse than that in hip-hop. The again you can find shit way worse than that in rock. Every genre has shitty musicians in it, and just because America loves shit and thats usually the first thing you hear, it doesnt make a genre shit. There are plenty of amazing DJ's, b-boys and m.c.'s in hip hop. You just have to look for it. I mean fuck, I could have started a thread saying rock needs to suicide bomb itself because all I hear on the radio is Nickelback and Godsmack, but theres no need to roll everything up in a neat little package like that. For every T.I. or Flo-Rida I hear, I see the drummer for the White Stripes or the bass player from Green Day and think to myself, lack of talent is a lack of talent in anything.

TheSanityAnnex
06-19-2008, 10:55 PM
PM me with some links and I'll publicly eat crow right here in this thread after I listen to them.Will do later. Not to eat crow but rather to open you up to new music.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Isn't there one of these threads every 4-5 months?

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Point taken. I'll change my focus to rap then. I guess it's a lot like how pop rock (i.e. Blink 182, Fall Out Boy type shit) has kind of replaced real rock. Good rock is a lot harder to find than the shit played on the radio. This also goes for no talent hacks who play 5 power chords over and over with the gain turned all the way up and scream into a microphone and call it metal.

I would gladly listen to some of your tunes just to hear for myself, I'm just set off by my friends (who are also guitar playing rock guys like me) asking me to burn them a D12 CD, or my 8 year old cousin listening to Jay Z at his birthday party. PM me with some links and I'll publicly eat crow right here in this thread after I listen to them.

Like I said, rock has declined seriously too. Rap is fast heading where rock has been for quite some time, not culturally relevant, not much a force anymore. Is rap already dead?

E20
06-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm ecletic (sp?)

I like bunch of shit and to be frank if it sounds good to me I like it and this varies from Hip-Hop, Gangsta Rap, Rock, Metal, Trance, Techno, Classical, ethnic/cultural music w/e

Now you know something about me.

CuckingFunt
06-19-2008, 11:01 PM
There are only two types of music -- good music and bad music -- and both types contain examples from ALL other genres.

InRareForm
06-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Mjfc8AuVTys

Underground hip hop > you

balli
06-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Good music is good music. People who hate rap and hip-hop just because it's rap and hip-hop are fucking ignorant.

And it's one thing not to like the genre for yourself, but to actively hate and view it as having no merit to others is just laughably ridiculous.

I like bunch of shit and to be frank if it sounds good to me I like it and this varies from Hip-Hop, Gangsta Rap, Rock, Metal, Trance, Techno, Classical, ethnic/cultural music w/e
+1

Fillmoe
06-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Good music is good music. People who hate rap and hip-hop just because it's rap and hip-hop are fucking ignorant.

+1

THANK YOU

midgetonadonkey
06-19-2008, 11:27 PM

And it's one thing not to like the genre for yourself, but to actively hate and view it as having no merit to others is just laughably ridiculous.

I see both sides of it. I do enjoy some rap music. Pretty much just older stuff like 2pac, Wu Tang, some No Limit stuff and Mos Def, but I can see how it does have a negative effect on the youth that actually idolize the rappers they like and try to live their life the way the songs portray. So even though I do enjoy some of the music in the genre and respect the intelligent people that like rap music (the ones that aren't stupid enough to try to live their lives according to what rap songs depict), I do understand how it does have a really negative impact on the stupid kids that look up to nothing but rappers and their fictional lifestyle.

CuckingFunt
06-19-2008, 11:34 PM
I see both sides of it. I do enjoy some rap music. Pretty much just older stuff like 2pac, Wu Tang, some No Limit stuff and Mos Def, but I can see how it does have a negative effect on the youth that actually idolize the rappers they like and try to live their life the way the songs portray. So even though I do enjoy some of the music in the genre and respect the intelligent people that like rap music (the ones that aren't stupid enough to try to live their lives according to what rap songs depict), I do understand how it does have a really negative impact on the stupid kids that look up to nothing but rappers and their fictional lifestyle.

I hate the message of a LOT of rap -- the misogyny, the bling, the wannabe gangsta bullshit -- and hate that those attitudes are so prevalent in society as a whole, but rap is as much a product of our culture as our culture is a product of rap.

mavs>spurs2
06-19-2008, 11:37 PM
I do understand how it does have a really negative impact on the stupid kids that look up to nothing but rappers and their fictional lifestyle.

I agree with everything you said up until this point. But fictional? Maybe most rappers don't live their lives this way, but there are plenty of young guys and even adults in L.A. and elsewhere who sure do. Thousands of people die each year due to gang violence.

balli
06-19-2008, 11:38 PM

Yeah I get that. I myself find a lot of rappers to be bunch of idiots, but I mean, hate on the specific artists then. The people who don't like it should say something along the lines of, "Lil Wayne is an assclown, here's why..." rather than, "rap is no good."

When people make sweeping accusations & generalizations about the entirety of the genre it just makes it look like they don't know what they're talking about (which they probably don't) and it smacks of shallow discrimination. There are a lot of rappers that I think are not just good guys, but good role models in fact and it's just funny to me that people would castigate them along with the rest of the genre, due to the ignorant belief that all rap is bad just because it's rap.

Ignignokt
06-19-2008, 11:39 PM
green day!! White Stripes!!! LOL!!!!!

hahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gayness!!!

in!!!

Da!!!

Anus!!!

CuckingFunt
06-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah I get that. I myself find a lot of rappers to be bunch of idiots, but I mean, hate on the specific artists then. The people who don't like it should say something along the lines of, "Lil Wayne is an assclown, here's why..." rather than, "rap is no good."

When people make sweeping accusations & generalizations about the entirety of the genre it just makes it look like they don't know what they're talking about (which they probably don't) and it smacks of shallow discrimination. There are a lot of rappers that I think are not just good guys, but good role models in fact and it's just funny to me that people would castigate them along with the rest of the genre due to the ignorant belief that all rap is bad just because it's rap.

Ditto.

balli
06-19-2008, 11:45 PM
And it's not like right now I couldn't listen to a Bob Dylan song recorded in 1962 that's all about doing coke. Or a Led Zeppelin song about fucking girls and watching cum drizzle down their legs. Or a GNR song about running away from home as a kid and shooting up smack. So let's not even pretend that corrupting the youth is an invention of hip hop.

Ignignokt
06-19-2008, 11:46 PM
i actually like the mysoginist rap, gangsta, it's real. That's how gangsta bitches get treated, and it's funny if you don't take it seriously.

There's Jazz and then theres Smooth Jazz or Muzack.

There's Music and then there's Hip Hop.

While it is real music, it requires hardly any knowledge of harmonic principles.

It's more of a recititative artform.

Mertz does not equal Common in musical genius, when hip hop duds stop making those assinine comparisons then i totally tolerate it.

There's the NBA, and then there's the WNBA.

You see there's shitty NBA players and there's good WNBA players.

But All in all, WNBA does not compare to NBA.

THere's shitty Musician, and then theres great hip hop artist.

But Shitty Musician does not equal to shitty hip hop artist.

That's a fact.

Now, those that make tracks for hip hop, i could see how they could be considered somewhat musically talented.

But even down syndromed apes at 3 am could make a decent Hip Hop Track.

Don't hate the troof!

midgetonadonkey
06-19-2008, 11:47 PM
I agree with everything you said up until this point. But fictional? Maybe most rappers don't live their lives this way, but there are plenty of young guys and even adults in L.A. and elsewhere who sure do. Thousands of people die each year due to gang violence.

Yes but not all rappers lived that lifestyle. Don't you think that all those real gangsters that die due to gang violence are a little too busy doing gangster shit to put out rap albums? I feel a lot of rappers make shit up to simply portray a gangster image to sell albums.

midgetonadonkey
06-19-2008, 11:50 PM
And it's not like right now I couldn't listen to a Bob Dylan song recorded in 1962 that's all about doing coke. Or a Led Zeppelin song about fucking girls and watching cum drizzle down their legs. Or a GNR song about running away from home as a kid and shooting up smack. So let's not even pretend that corrupting the youth is an invention of hip hop.

I agree that classic rock musicians did not are not the greatest role models but they also didn't glorify violence. Sure they sang about drugs and if you look at the times many kids did do drugs and have random sex, but at least they didn't go out and try to kill people to simply look "hard" in the eyes of other people.

Musicians will always be role models for the youth but it's the content of their music that makes the difference.

Don Quixote
06-19-2008, 11:53 PM
So where are we at the end of the day? We all agree that there's plenty of dumb rap that should be rejected, not only because of its contents, but because it's just bad music.

For you lovers of hip-hop, I wish I could reassure you that your brand of "smart" rap that deals with stuff beyond rims, bling, prison, and women will eventually become dominant. I don't see it happening though. It's more likely that mainstream rap will blow off whatever steam it has left, sell alot of albums, influence a WHOLE LOT of kids, and eventually something else will come along. IT happened with rock, and it will happen with rap.

midgetonadonkey
06-19-2008, 11:55 PM
So where are we at the end of the day? We all agree that there's plenty of dumb rap that should be rejected, not only because of its contents, but because it's just bad music.

For you lovers of hip-hop, I wish I could reassure you that your brand of "smart" rap that deals with stuff beyond rims, bling, prison, and women will eventually become dominant. I don't see it happening though. It's more likely that mainstream rap will blow off whatever steam it has left, sell alot of albums, influence a WHOLE LOT of kids, and eventually something else will come along. IT happened with rock, and it will happen with rap.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/l_9570d81b1aac434f80c7a5ea3d672b5b.jpg

v2freak
06-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I like some hip hop/rap/R&B but I will admit that I can easily tire of anything that I find myself over-exposed to. Just as boy bands were all the rage in the 90s, I find that I cannot stand a lot of what is played on the radio. "This is why I'm hot" has to be the dumbest songs I've ever heard. And like CuckingFunt, I cannot stand a lot of the messages hip hop sends. I fully recommend Sut Jhally's documentary "Dreamworlds 3" which discusses how women have been shown in a progressively negative light with the mainstream emergence of rap.

And, like E20 said, there are a lot of songs I like from every genre, hip hop notwithstanding. I will agree that I think it isn't quite as impressive because a lot of artists use samples rather than creating their own beats (and when they do, I hardly call them melodies. Again - Lip gloss / This is why I'm hot) but I wouldn't call it all trash either. A large problem is that America's youth simply goes for whatever is popular. From what I've noticed, embracing Soulja boy and hip hop while ragging on so-called "emo music" is the new trend. Only thing I can't stand more an overexposure to something is a bunch of mindless sheep.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 12:09 AM
So was Marilyn Manson responsible for Columbine? I'd say he's as responsible for those kids actions as all these "violent rap stars" are responsible for any violence going on among their consumers. Meaning zero responsibility. People make their own choices. And if parents gave a shit, they would teach their kids the difference between entertainment and reality and tell them that they aren't allowed to dress & act like hood rats just cuz Lil' Wayne does.

midgetonadonkey
06-20-2008, 12:12 AM
So was Marilyn Manson responsible for Columbine? I'd say he's as responsible for those kids actions as all these "violent rap stars" are responsible for any violence going on among their consumers. Meaning zero responsibility. People make their own choices. And if parents gave a shit, they would teach their kids the difference between entertainment and reality and tell them that they aren't allowed to dress & act like hood rats just cuz Lil' Wayne does.

No because the Columbine kids did not listen to Manson albums. They found ICP albums in their players. And if anyone who has listened to ICP knows that they are all about violence against rich and popular kids. I do somewhat blame ICP for inspiring the killings (and this coming from a huge fan of their music when I was in my late teens and early 20s but smart enough to know that it is simply a gimmick and not really a way to live your life).

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 12:16 AM
No because the Columbine kids did not listen to Manson albums. They found ICP albums in their players. And if anyone who has listened to ICP knows that they are all about violence against rich and popular kids. I do somewhat blame ICP for inspiring the killings (and this coming from a huge fan of their music when I was in my late teens and early 20s but smart enough to know that it is simply a gimmick and not really a way to live your life).

I find it hard to believe they were influence by ICP, because nobody who takes ICP seriously has the intelligence to pull off a massive school shooting with rigged explosives. There was a gang of 8 Juggaloes in my high school and they were all a couple IQ points away from being in special ed classes. Slipknot fans looked intelligent in comparison.

I always heard they were into Manson and KMFDM but I dunno I guess I could see ICP too.

midgetonadonkey
06-20-2008, 12:20 AM
I find it hard to believe they were influence by ICP, because nobody who takes ICP seriously has the intelligence to pull off a massive school shooting with rigged explosives. There were like a gang of 8 Juggaloes in my high school and they were all a couple IQ points away from being in special ed classes. Slipknot fans looked intelligent in comparison.

I'm sure the Columbine kids were a lot of misguided nerds that had smarts but just were too mentally unstable to know that they can't listen to a bunch of 30 year olds that wear clown paint. Just because they aren't special ed doesn't mean they aren't stupid.

balli
06-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Haven't you guys seen Bowling for Columbine? It was Lockheed Martin's fault.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Haven't you guys seen Bowling for Columbine? It was Lockheed Martin's fault.

No it was America's fear of the black man. Amazing how a fat white guy race baits more than Al Sharpton.

balli
06-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Yeah, Michael Moore sucks. I'm as radical left as they come, but he's just a kook who does nothing but piss people off and make the left look bad.

(Although I admit, I thought Sicko was more tasteful than his other films and was actually pretty damn compelling)

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 12:35 AM
I love his movies, they're damn good entertainment. And there's times where makes a great point. But obviously everything he says has to be taken with a massive grain of salt. And the way he exploits black people, disguising it as "help" is sickening. Michael Moore is to adults what mainstream rap is to kids - you have to enjoy it without mistaking it all for reality and then living your life copying it.

___uPtOwNgIrL___
06-20-2008, 12:46 AM
The problem goes far beyond just music.

CuckingFunt
06-20-2008, 12:59 AM
I love his movies, they're damn good entertainment. And there's times where makes a great point. But obviously everything he says has to be taken with a massive grain of salt. And the way he exploits black people, disguising it as "help" is sickening. Michael Moore is to adults what mainstream rap is to kids - you have to enjoy it without mistaking it all for reality and then living your life copying it.

This is about where I am with Moore.

Every single one of his films has included moments that I thought were just brilliant, and moments that I found almost disgusting. I will say that his old tv show (TV Nation) was hilarious, though.

Fillmoe
06-20-2008, 02:08 AM
"I see the world for what it is, beyond the white and the black
The way the government downplays historical facts
'Cuz the United States sponsored the rise of the 3rd Reich
Just like the CIA trained terrorists how to fight
Build bombs and sneak box cutters onto a flight
When I was a child, the Devil himself bought me a mic
But I refused the offer, 'cuz God sent me to strike
With skills unused like fallopian tubes on a dyke
My words'll expose George Bush and Bin Laden
As two separate parts of the same seven headed dragon
And you can't fathom the truth, so you don't hear me
You think illuminati's just a fuckin conspiracy theory?
That's why Conservative racists are all runnin' shit
And your phone is tapped by the Federal Government
So I'm jammin' frequencies in ya brain when you speak to me
Technique will rip a rapper to pieces indecently
Pack weapons illegally, because I'm never hesitant
Sniper scoping a commission controllin the president"

THIS SHIT IS HERE TO FUCKING STAY!

Brutalis
06-20-2008, 03:17 AM
I hate rap and hip hop with a passion. Well the majority of it.

Crossroads from Bone Thugz back in the mid 90s was amazing. That was a good album, rapping about why the world is going this direction with murder and such.

But.. they sold out and became just like the rest of them, drugs, killing, hoes.. pointless shit. For the money of course.

It's just like this whole scene kid thing that has grasped the nation. These emo kids, singing about such stupid shit.

Music has gone down the shitter.

I suggest you guys download mewithoutyou, and Bright Eyes.

Brutalis
06-20-2008, 03:21 AM
And what I don't understand is these white kids dressing all black. Seriously what the hell? I understand my buddy Will explained to me the reason why him and other black guys wear their shit backwards, and baggy and all that was they wanted their own culture in America. And they got it with rap, with beat boxing and saggy clothes. He agreed majority of rap and shit is just pointless, as is most music...but the white kids are insane. Hell even he said this rapping about killing and hoes and shit is just horrible.

What what we need to realize it's the white kids making this shit famous and popular. Without the rich white boys money this rap thing would have never got going.

I have no problem with rap that goes on about, life and shit, but about cars and material is just sick. Smoke weed get drunk.. it never ends.

And meanwhile all the white kids who felt out of place decided to die their hair black and cut themselves and sing about their broken heart so all these teenage girls spread their legs.

Brutalis
06-20-2008, 03:24 AM
yo check it
my name is wayne i run this game with no shame
pimpin bitches and killin is how i got my fame

aaand i just made that up. and im some stupid white boy named wayne who knows shit about rap. see how easy it was to rhyme and sound bad ass? that makes me cool now, so fuck you all.

Fillmoe
06-20-2008, 03:49 AM
you will never be cool.

/end life

TheSanityAnnex
06-20-2008, 06:50 AM
And what I don't understand is these white kids dressing all black. Seriously what the hell? I understand my buddy Will explained to me the reason why him and other black guys wear their shit backwards, and baggy and all that was they wanted their own culture in America. And they got it with rap, with beat boxing and saggy clothes. He agreed majority of rap and shit is just pointless, as is most music...but the white kids are insane. Hell even he said this rapping about killing and hoes and shit is just horrible.I am in awe of this Will.

What what we need to realize it's the white kids making this shit famous and popular. Without the rich white boys money this rap thing would have never got going.Does MTV = white boys?

TheSanityAnnex
06-20-2008, 07:00 AM
yo check it
my name is wayne i run this game with no shame
pimpin bitches and killin is how i got my fameWorse than lil wayne.

aaand i just made that up. and im some stupid white boy named wayne who knows shit about rap. see how easy it was to rhyme and sound bad ass? that makes me cool now, so fuck you all.

Your rhymes were weak and we never heard your sound.

An Ode to Automator
b5aocYRShXM

"Who fuses the music
With no illusions
Producing the blue prints
Clueless?
Automator - defy the laws of nature
Electronic monolith throw a jam upon the disc
The futuristic looper with the quickness
Hyper-producin' hydrogen fusion liquids keep your distance

First we coerce your brain patterns
Collaborate with time-consumin' re-programin'
I apply the flow cannon, the combo so slamin
Automically reconstruct the old canvas
His logic impress, a hypnotic effect
Ya latin patent you could call it a gift
Man he all in the mix nuclear physicist
Geneticlly taylored every bit of this stimulus

Psyonically bionically forget how you feel
Especially formulated the rest of you fornicated
It takes more to make this
He juggles variables
Unparreled propulsion to carry the load
Nueral surgeon the purest virgin conducting currents
Musical merlin he shines like sterling
Watch the Automator draw laser of a higher intensity
And instantly miss a beat create a symphony

Hey I know now, I know now repeat
Automator's on the planet earth
and he's gonna stop the war of the worlds
Deltron Zero is here as well take the cut for real
He told y'all evil do'ers he is
truly gifted in the matters of rhythm
Ya you got to give him that
In his infnite wisdom you know you got to get with him"

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:33 AM
While I'm on the subject electronic/techno shit needs to gtfo out too.

The gays will have nothing to dance to.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:33 AM
I agree son. to be a successful rapper it has NOTHING to do with musical talent. the beats are created for you and in most cases sampled (aka stolen) from other classic songs. the only "Talent" that is required to be a rapper is getting the right look and keeping your street cred.

True that.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Son.

to21
06-20-2008, 07:34 AM
I listen to good music....don't care from what genre.

"Rock" is started to take a dive also. If "rap/hip-hop" is the reason, I don't know.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:35 AM

50 years ago, those artist had real talent.

The same can't be said about today's hip-hop "artists".

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Does that line from a rock singer glorify violence or not?

No.

Cash was singing about the misery of being in prison. There was regret in his song. There was a sense of a longing to be free.

Rap is all about how great prison life is and how many people you're going to kill today.

It's not the same thing at all.
Not by a long shot.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:44 AM
"Folsom Prison Blues"

I hear the train a comin'
It's rolling round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps draggin' on
But that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Antone..
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry..

I bet there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars.
Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free
But those people keep a movin'
And that's what tortures me...

Well if they freed me from this prison,
If that railroad train was mine
I bet I'd move it on a little farther down the line
Far from Folsom prison, that's where I want to stay
And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:45 AM
As you can see, this song does not glorify prison, prison life, or murder.

Not at all.

But, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:48 AM
When is the last time you've heard anyone else outside of hip hop address today's issues? When is the last time you've heard a protest song? When is the last time you have heard an intelligent song? PM me when you want me to hook you up with some of the dopest music you have ever heard, and that I can guarantee.

Sweet Neo Con - Rolling Stones

(released two years ago)

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 07:56 AM
I agree that classic rock musicians did not are not the greatest role models but they also didn't glorify violence. Sure they sang about drugs and if you look at the times many kids did do drugs and have random sex, but at least they didn't go out and try to kill people to simply look "hard" in the eyes of other people.

Musicians will always be role models for the youth but it's the content of their music that makes the difference.

They sang about the consequences of doing drugs, for the most part, as you can see with Neil Young's "The Needle and The Damage Done" or even Gun's N' Roses' "Mr. Brownstone".

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 08:00 AM
"Rock" is started to take a dive also.

Rock has been dead for a while now.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
50 years ago, those artist had real talent.

try writing a rap song some time. Make a beat, hook, verses, etc. Then release it to the public and rake in the money, if it's so easy.

Not saying alot of rap doesn't suck, but there is not a more ignorant statement about music than "rapping requires no talent"

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Cash was singing about the misery of being in prison. There was regret in his song. There was a sense of a longing to be free.

What's funny is Johnny Cash was never in prison and never lived the life he was singing about. Kind of like the majority of rap stars.

Rap is all about how great prison life is and how many people you're going to kill today.

Uhh she said to him
I want you to be a father
He's your little boy
And you don't even bother, like
Brother without the R
And he's starting to harbor
Cool on food for thought
But for you he's a starver
Starting to use red markers on his work
His teacher says he knows he's much smarter
But he's hurt
Used to hand his homework in first
Like he was the classroom starter
Burst to tears let him know she sees us
Now he's fighting in class
Got a note last week that said he might not pass
Asked me if his daddy was sick of us
Cause you ain't never pick him up
Ya see what his problem is
He don't know where his poppa is
No positive male role model
To play football and build railroad models
He's making a hole and you've been diggin' it
Cause you ain't been kicking it
Since he was old enough to hold bottles
He wasn't supposed to get introduced to that
He don't deserve to get used to that
Now I ain't asking you for money or to come back to me
some days it ain't sunny but it ain't so hard
Just breaks my heart
When I try to provide
And he says mommy that ain't your job
To be a man
I tried to make him understand
That I'm his number one fan
But it's like he won from the stands
You know the world is out to get him
So why don't you give him a chance
It's like..

[Chorus:]
I can't, I won't, I can't, I won't let you
Leave...(now, now)
I don't know what, you want, you want, want from
Me...(what you want from me)

[Verse 2:]
Uhh he said to him
I'm your little boy
Brother without the R
And I'm starting to harbor
Cool on food for thought
But for you, I'm a starver
Starting to use red markers on my work
My teacher says they know I'm much smarter
But I'm hurt
I used to hand my homework in first
Like I was the classroom starter
Burst to tears let him know he sees us
Now I'm fighting in class
Got a note last week that say I might not pass
Kids asked me if my daddy was sick of us
Cause he ain't never pick me up
Ya see what my problem is
That I don't know where me poppa is
Since I was old enough to hold bottles
Wasn't supposed to get introduced to that
I don't deserve to get used to that
Just breaks my heart
When my momma try to provide
And I tell her "that ain't your job"
To be a man
She tried to make me understand
That she's my number one fan
You know the world is out to get me
So why don't you give me a chance

Here's the song "He Said She Said" by Lupe Fiasco. I always thought it was about a mother & her son lamenting the absence of the boy's father in his life, making a positive statement for fathers to understand the consequences of their actions and be more active in the life of their kids, but apparently I was wrong. Peewee just informed me that rap is all about glorifying prison life and killing bitches and shit. So read those lyrics and drink in the negativity!

Supreme_Being
06-20-2008, 08:40 AM
I'd have to say Eminem's good, though.

O-Factor
06-20-2008, 08:41 AM

Or calling women whores, er wait, excuse me...."hos"

Supreme_Being
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Anyone here listen to classical pop? It's also been taking a dive. Andrea Bocelli is now starting to become an Italian Michael Buble. Josh Groban is talentless, Il Divo is just a boyband that sings in Italian (but Carlos definitely has talent). Oh and Michael Buble is just same old same old.

Supreme_Being
06-20-2008, 08:44 AM
try writing a rap song some time. Make a beat, hook, verses, etc. Then release it to the public and rake in the money, if it's so easy.

Not saying alot of rap doesn't suck, but there is not a more ignorant statement about music than "rapping requires no talent"

Rapping takes a bit of talent, if that will make you feel better.

O-Factor
06-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Worse than lil wayne.

An Ode to Automator
b5aocYRShXM

"Who fuses the music
With no illusions
Clueless?

He juggles variables

There is a BIG difference between rappers like Del and Soldier Boy

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 08:48 AM

You mean elementary ryhmes, sampling previous songs, and putting it all in a loop.

That's hard.

But, I'm not black and I don't own any hand guns.
So, it wouldn't work out for me because I don't have the image.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 08:50 AM
What's funny is Johnny Cash was never in prison and never lived the life he was singing about. Kind of like the majority of rap stars.

Uhh she said to him
He's your little boy
Brother without the R
And he's starting to harbor
Cool on food for thought
But for you he's a starver
Starting to use red markers on his work
His teacher says he knows he's much smarter
But he's hurt
Used to hand his homework in first
Like he was the classroom starter
Burst to tears let him know she sees us
Now he's fighting in class
Got a note last week that said he might not pass
Asked me if his daddy was sick of us
Cause you ain't never pick him up
Ya see what his problem is
He don't know where his poppa is
Since he was old enough to hold bottles
He wasn't supposed to get introduced to that
He don't deserve to get used to that
Just breaks my heart
When I try to provide
And he says mommy that ain't your job
To be a man
I tried to make him understand
That I'm his number one fan
You know the world is out to get him
So why don't you give him a chance
It's like..

[Chorus:]
I can't, I won't, I can't, I won't let you
Leave...(now, now)
I don't know what, you want, you want, want from
Me...(what you want from me)

[Verse 2:]
Uhh he said to him
I'm your little boy
Brother without the R
And I'm starting to harbor
Cool on food for thought
But for you, I'm a starver
Starting to use red markers on my work
My teacher says they know I'm much smarter
But I'm hurt
I used to hand my homework in first
Like I was the classroom starter
Burst to tears let him know he sees us
Now I'm fighting in class
Got a note last week that say I might not pass
Kids asked me if my daddy was sick of us
Cause he ain't never pick me up
Ya see what my problem is
That I don't know where me poppa is
Since I was old enough to hold bottles
Wasn't supposed to get introduced to that
I don't deserve to get used to that
Just breaks my heart
When my momma try to provide
And I tell her "that ain't your job"
To be a man
She tried to make me understand
That she's my number one fan
You know the world is out to get me
So why don't you give me a chance

Here's the song "He Said She Said" by Lupe Fiasco. I always thought it was about a mother & her son lamenting the absence of the boy's father in his life, making a positive statement for fathers to understand the consequences of their actions and be more active in the life of their kids, but apparently I was wrong. Peewee just informed me that rap is all about glorifying prison life and killing bitches and shit. So read those lyrics and drink in the negativity!

:lol

This one song represents the rap genre?

Hey, since you're into positive rap and what not, are you a huge Will Smith fan?

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Or calling women whores, er wait, excuse me...."hos"

yeah no rock music has ever said anything negative about women.

http://www.debased.com/content/music/h/hendrix-woke.html

"The music contained herein has been left as it was that night at Scene Club - rough, but with the raw dynamism of Jimi's guitar to the fore. Extolling the licks of his mentors - the Delta Blues and Alberts' King and Collins. Also present is Jim Morrison, cavorting about the stage exceedingly drunk and happy, much to the bemusement of everyone!"
Liner notes for Red Lightnin release Jimi Hendrix - Woke up this morning and found myself dead

Jimi Hendrix recordings, before his family gained rights to his catalogue, were treated like Italian horror movies in the 80's video boom. The same songs and recordings were constantly repackaged using different names and designs. Avid Hendrix fans would find themselves picking up records, CD's, and tapes hoping they stumbled upon a recording they never heard only to be inevitably disappointed - the fucking song you thought you've never heard wound up being a song you had ten copies of. Just like the films of Fulci, Argento, Lenzi, etc.,there was a entire market for cheaply transferred, re-titled songs.

If you're a big time Hendrix fan you probably posses most of the recordings from Red Lightnin's Woke up this morning and found myself dead - Red House, Wake up this morning, Bleeding Heart, and Sunshine of Your Love are available from numerous sources so when I picked up this CD I wasn't expecting anything new. Alas! Red Lightnin's release features an incredibly drunk, filthy mouthed Jim Morrison! Edited out of my other collections this is truly a bizarre little nugget.

Hendrix is tearing shit up on Bleeding Heart when Morrison grabs the microphone and begins rambling "all night long. I've got a lovely woman... sing my song.." This is followed by a low moan "bbbwwwwaaaaaa." Soon Morrison breaks into a bizarre tirade ... "suck my ass baby ... fuck me all night long!"

Hendrix then begins tearing through "Morrison's Lament," with Jim singing to an angry sounding crowd. "Fuck her in the ass! fuck her in the favorite!" When Morrison begins drifting away from the mic Hendrix politely, and with a laugh, explains to Jim - "sing in that on right there. That's the recording mic." Morrison follows his directions and belts out - "Fuck her in the asshole ... fuck my little woman ... in her little pussy ... little suck ass ... cunt ... little asshole ... fuck you in the ass, my little suck ass cunt."

Hendrix could care less as he works away in a frenzy. A really bizarre recording! One part Hendrix at his raw best - one part insulting drunk debauchery. Recorded in 1968 - check it out!

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 08:52 AM
A more famous rapper:

"Serial Killa"
(feat. Kurupt, Daz, RBX)

Six million ways to die, choose one

[Verse One: Kurupt, Daz]

It's time to escape, but I don't know where the fuck i'm headed
Up or down, right or left, life or death
I see myself in a mist of smoke
Death becomes any nigga that takes me for a joke
We hit a five dollar stick, now we puttin in work
Unaccountable amounts of dirt, death becomes all niggaz
anybody killa, you know what the deal is
Nigga, you know what the real is

I see some mark brand niggaz on the corner flaggin me down
Sayin, "Yo Daz, what's up with the Pound?
Is that nigga snoop alright? Aiyyo what's up with the crew?
Is them niggaz in jail, or are them niggaz through?"
i said, if you ain't up on thangs
Snoop Dogg is the name, Dogg Pound's the game
It's like this they don't understand
It's an everyday thang, to gangbang
Make that twist, don't be a bitch, let these niggaz know
What's up with you I represent the Pound and Death Row
And can't no other motherfucker in L.A. or Long Beach
and Compton, and Watts, see D-O-G's
Now, you can't come and you can't run, and you can't
see long to the G of the gang
One gun is all that we need, to put you to rest
Pump pump, put 2 slugs dead in your chest
Now you dead then a motherfucker, creepin and sleepin
6 feet deep in, fuckin with the Pound is

[RBX] Suicide, it's a suicide [4X]

[Verse Two: Snoop Doggy Dogg]

The cloud becomes black, and the sky becomes blue
Now you in the midst of the Dogg Pound crew
Ain't no clue, on why the fuck we do what we do
Leave you in a state of paranoia, oooh
Don't make a move for your gat so soon cuz
I drops bombs like Platoon (ay nigga)
Walk with me, hold my hand and let me lead you
I'll take you on a journey, and I promise I won't leave you
(I won't leave you) until you get the full comprehension
And when you do, that's when the mission
or survival, becomes your every thought
Keep your eyes open, cuz you don't wanna be caught
Half steppin with your weapon on safety
Now break yourself motherfucker 'fore you make me
take this 211 to another level
I come up with your ends, you go down with the devil
Now roam through the depths of hell
Where the rest your buster ass homeboys dwell
Well...

Now tell me, what's my motherfuckin name
Serial killa, serial killa, serial killa

(Wake up in the morning, to Lucky Charms cereal)

[Verse Three: RBX]

Deep, deep like the mind of Minolta, now picture this!
Let's picnic inside a morgue
Not pic-a-nic baskets, pic-a-nic caskets
And I got the machine, that cracks your fuckin chest plates
open and release them guts
Then I release def cutsBrutal, jagged edged, totally ruffneck
Now everybody scream nuff respect to the X
Nuff respect given
Disrespect and you will not be livin
Word to momma, Emma, drama, dilemma

(Wake up in the morning, to Lucky Charms cereal

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 08:53 AM
This one song represents the rap genre?

You had no problem generalizing the entire rap genre to being about glorifying prison life and killing hos. There's plenty of rap that isn't about that, that also isn't Will Smith pop rap. God damn peewee you are so fucking ignorant it's painful.

Extra Stout
06-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Rock-and-roll died back in 1998.

With hip-hop/rap it's the same as most genres. The stuff that is artistically significant is not the stuff the sells. Mindless dreck sells.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 08:54 AM

With hip-hop/rap it's the same as most genres. The stuff that is artistically significant is not the stuff the sells. Mindless dreck sells.

thank you

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 08:58 AM
You had no problem generalizing the entire rap genre to being about glorifying prison life and killing hos. There's plenty of rap that isn't about that, that also isn't Will Smith pop rap. God damn peewee you are so fucking ignorant it's painful.

For every one clean rapper that you can put down, there are hundreds of others that glorify the thug life.

You're not getting that.

It's painful that you're this ignorant.

Now, you posted lyrics by Lupe Fiasco. I posted lyrics by Snoop Dogg.
Who would you say has more influence?

I'll await your answer.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 09:03 AM
For every one clean rapper that you can put down, there are hundreds of others that glorify the thug life.

I never said there wasn't. You were the one that said all rap had a negative message. I'm glad now you can admit that you were 100% wrong on that. I appreciate it.

Now, you posted lyrics by Lupe Fiasco. I posted lyrics by Snoop Dogg. Who would you say has more influence?

Parents have more influence than either. If parents gave a shit, they'd teach their kids not to act out just cuz Snoop Dogg tells them to. If you're letting Snoop Dogg raise you're kids then you're a shitty parent.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 09:09 AM
I never said there wasn't. You were the one that said all rap had a negative message. I'm glad now you can admit that you were 100% wrong on that. I appreciate it.

Admit that what?

That most rap glorifies the thug life?

Parents have more influence than either. If parents gave a shit, they'd teach their kids not to act out just cuz Snoop Dogg tells them to. If you're letting Snoop Dogg raise you're kids then you're a shitty parent.

You didn't answer the question.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Admit that what?

That most rap glorifies the thug life?

First it was "all", now it's "most". It's good to see you backtracking.

You didn't answer the question.

Lupe Fiasco has more influence. Nobody takes Snoop Dogg seriously.

J.T.
06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm going to have a KFC bowl for lunch for starting this thread.

That last one TSA posted wasn't bad.

I lose.

Oh, Gee!!
06-20-2008, 09:15 AM

the beastie boys sampled that

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 09:16 AM
the beastie boys sampled that

Oh, Gee!!
06-20-2008, 09:17 AM
"Serial Killa"
(feat. Kurupt, Daz, RBX)

got that one on my Ipod. that's when Snoop was good.

InRareForm
06-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Why can't we blame movies, TV, culturation, video games, and hundreds of other things instead.

oh white people... :rolleyes

PnfvauPlXGE

^ no talent there?, fuck outta here!

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 09:50 AM
First it was "all", now it's "most". It's good to see you backtracking.

I don't remember saying all, and if I did it was exaggeration.

I'll clarify it now:

95% of rap is about the glory of the thug life.

Lupe Fiasco has more influence. Nobody takes Snoop Dogg seriously

You're full of shit.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't remember saying all, and if I did it was exaggeration.

I'll clarify it now:

95% of rap is about the glory of the thug life.

Your ignorance is 95% amusing.

You're full of shit.

I guess if you knew what the fuck you were talking about you wouldn't think that.

Ignignokt
06-20-2008, 10:23 AM
You don't have to be musically talented to be good at hip hop. You don't have to put discipline into music to be good at hip hop.

Is rap music?

Yes it's a recititative form of music like Quranic recitation, melodic poetry.

But a rapper and a musician are two different animals.

Just like there's the NFL and then theres arena football.

Hip Hop is like arena football, it's a sport, but lacks the quality to be considered with the rest.

There are talented people in arena football. it takes talent to throw a 30 yd lob, heck that's 80 percent of the arena football turf.

So just like there's talented arena football fg kickers, there's talented artist in hip hop.

Ignignokt
06-20-2008, 10:25 AM
sword swallowers are talented.

i know a girl who can balance a quarter on her lip, that's talent.

In hip hop, there's talented people.

Don Quixote
06-20-2008, 10:26 AM

You don't think it was already dead? You give a mighty late date for the demise of rock.

I contend that it ceased to be a major cultural force in North America around 1990 at the latest.

Extra Stout
06-20-2008, 10:28 AM
You don't think it was already dead? You give a mighty late date for the demise of rock.

I contend that it ceased to be a major cultural force in North America around 1990 at the latest.
The grunge movement of the 1990's, the archetype of which was the Seattle sound, was a significant cultural force in North America. When it died out, nothing replaced it.

Don Quixote
06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah ... I guess. I'd put grunge as a major force dying about 92 or 93. There were still grunge albums coming out after that (and good ones), but by 93, the movement had said all it needed to say. In fact, one might question grunge's role in rock anyway, since it itself was basically an admission that rock was dead. Punk did this too in the 70's -- stating that rock, which was once a new voice of a generation (like Pepsi), had become fat and bloated and part of the establishment.

CuckingFunt
06-20-2008, 11:11 AM
The gays will have nothing to dance to.

Never fear, the gays will always find something to dance to.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Never fear, the gays will always find something to dance to.

Gay rap coming soon?

Extra Stout
06-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Gay rap coming soon?
Kanye's been around for a while, actually.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Kanye's been around for a while, actually.

:lmao

mavs>spurs2
06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Kanye has a couple good songs out of his entire career, but outside the 2 i can think of he fucking blows. I can't even think of the names of the songs, that's how much I give a shit about Kanye.

rAm
06-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Kanye has a couple good songs out of his entire career, but outside the 2 i can think of he fucking blows. I can't even think of the names of the songs, that's how much I give a shit about Kanye.

That's some retarded shit right there. I won't vouch for Kanye outside of his rapping, but he has definitely put out some quality music the past couple of years. His music is new and he has a lot to talk about that doesn't include violence and all the normal shit.

To the OP: THIS THREAD IS FAIL. You are all hating on shit you obviously don't know about. The whole "gangster" rap trend isn't as prevalent as it used to be. Yea you can find rap about killing people, but you can also find some pretty gruesome rock if you look for it. There are extremes in everything in life, you shouldn't judge a whole genre because of it.

That and I am pretty sure you are confusing hip-hop with rap. There are some ridiculously deep and artistic hip-hop artists out there, you are just hating and generalizing because you don't like black people.

rAm
06-20-2008, 01:51 PM
A more famous rapper:

"Serial Killa"
(feat. Kurupt, Daz, RBX)

Hate to break it to you bucko, but at this point Kurupt and Daz are no where near as popular than Lupe Fiasco.

balli
06-20-2008, 01:53 PM
A lot of the opinions in pages 4-5 of this thread are just laughably ridiculous and uninformed. Especially given pages 1-3. That clueless fuck should be ashamed of himself.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Hate to break it to you bucko, but at this point Kurupt and Daz are no where near as popular than Lupe Fiasco.

Hate to break it to you, but that's Snoop's song.

They were just "featured" in the song.

balli
06-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Hate to break it to you, but Snoop Dogg is an industry joke and a relic who absolutely nobody takes seriously and is only moderately popular because he's a caricature of himself. He's something that is laughed at. Do you get that?

I don't listen to rap much anymore, but from what I understand Lupe Fiasco and Kanye are about as popular and treated as seriously as it gets. Ignorant is a word I used a lot in this thread and I'll use it again. The comparison is ignorant. Meaning- you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 02:24 PM
seriously peewee, you really think Snoop Dogg is some big important guy in the world of hip-hop? The only way people listen to his stuff is when he dickrides a more popular figure like Kanye or The Neptunes (actually that's all he's ever done, it used to be Dr. Dre and then Master P after that).

Snoop Dogg is about as relevant in the hip-hop world as Will Smith these days. He has his own reality show on E! that alone should show how far he's fallen.

"Tonight on E! it's a reality show marathon featuring Denise Richards, Hugh Hefner's slutty girlfriends, Lindsay Lohan's mom, and Snoop Dogg! Don't miss it!"

J.T.
06-20-2008, 02:39 PM
That and I am pretty sure you are confusing hip-hop with rap. There are some ridiculously deep and artistic hip-hop artists out there, you are just hating and generalizing because you don't like black people.

Oh shit I guess if I hate black people so much I should burn this Jimi Hendrix shirt I'm wearing and stop watching NBA and NFL and turn to something like golf or figure skating. Oh shit Tiger Woods is black too, scratch that. Shit now I wish I didn't vote for Obama since I'm such a racist black person hater.

I'm hating on rap because I don't like bad music, not because I don't like black people. Eminem is white and I don't like most of his music either.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 02:58 PM
seriously peewee, you really think Snoop Dogg is some big important guy in the world of hip-hop? The only way people listen to his stuff is when he dickrides a more popular figure like Kanye or The Neptunes (actually that's all he's ever done, it used to be Dr. Dre and then Master P after that).

Snoop Dogg is about as relevant in the hip-hop world as Will Smith these days. He has his own reality show on E! that alone should show how far he's fallen.

"Tonight on E! it's a reality show marathon featuring Denise Richards, Hugh Hefner's slutty girlfriends, Lindsay Lohan's mom, and Snoop Dogg! Don't miss it!"

How about Buckshot & 9th Wonder:

U Wonderin

(feat. Big Pooh, Sean Price)

[Buckshot (Big Pooh)]
Yeah (Yeah)
They wonderin'
Ayo Pooh (Whaddup Buck?)
Check this out (Ha?)
I ain't got the answer dog (I got it either my nigga)
And I'mma spread a little somethin'on 'em (Aight)
You know the game is crazy
I can't explain this shit sometimes
(Ay let them niggas know what's good, man)

[Buckshot]
From the news to the radio
Radio to sattelite
All I hear is niggas lookin
Actin' like, matters like
The most pathetic method to use
Especially old dudes
Who thinkin' they old news
You blink, and you old school
Niggas know rules 'cause you can do what you want
No, fool
You should get ya shit together
Stay out the lobby
'Cause if you ain't selling records in the store, it's a hobby
And you probably disagree
Fuck it, this is me
I've been here since '93
You've been here since finding me
So, jot notes, take a lesson
This is 'Shot, Smif N Wessun and Sean P
The army posessin'automatic weapons
With the exception of my brain
I'll give 'em my grain, tryin' to break down the game
For those who can't staind (stand), they lame when they starin'
They lookin' at me wrong, when they hear this song what they hear is

[Chorus: Buckshot (Samples)]
The wonderin' what's goin' down with the underground
When I come around, smiles turn to frowns, cause
(They wonder what's on my mind)
When you see my face now
(They wonder)
When we come through deep
(They wonder)
When you see us in the street

[Big Pooh]
It's me
Starin' face down the eyes of a barrell
Niggas wonder is he thorough, take a look at the kid
This 3 years since some shit that I did became a classic
Now I got this shit wrapped up in plastic, bastards
Speakin' on my talent, they way I pen these scriptures
"Mothafuck, that nigga rap is riddic' (riddiculous)"
God forgive me now, so I repent
I'm on some fuck you shit
'Cause this year what they got, I'mma get
This is
What I call here a tropical storm, man
Came in these lanes for the way they go on, an' (and)
Sleep on my record
You wonder what the fuck is goin' on in my life
I'mma tell you in a second
First we got shafted on our first deal
Our first lawyer fell for the fake nigga, and that's real
Now it's all over, yo it's a new chapter
Prepare for the rapture, I'm bakin' you son
I'm on tune with myself, this is lyrical fitness
Buck is here to witness, so hear these breaths
9th Wonder in control of the sets
J. League and Boot Camp get the props nigga, in case you forget

[Buckshot (Samples)]

[Big Pooh]
You mothafucka's can't hold me
J. League, B-C-C
Beware of the L-B
And next up is my mothafuckin' nigga
Sean P!

[Sean Price]
Alot of mothafucka's say they can rhyme
Until they get in the booth
Find out they ain't tellin' the truth
Sean Price cash royalty checks
Cop work, flip that, cop some more, then forget that I rap
Yo, rap ain't real, my life is real
If you rap out my life, fuck around and get killed
Niggas always wanna ask if I'm Sean
I'm like "chill, mind ya business"
Give that man dap, and I'm gone
Yo, see me alone, and see me with rock
Fuck around, I see you with shots if I see you with cops
Niggas ask why I clap at the kids
'Cause I saw him last night, it wasn't right how he yapped to the pigs
Yo, pop ya 'cris, I pop Hen' bottles
Pop E pills, nigga, with top 10 models
I'm back for revenge, and I'm back with no ends
Big ruck when I rock, stop askin' a friend
Yo, I'm 32 but the gauge is .12
And the fifth for these funny niggas, Dave Chappelle
When Run-DMC was fuckin' raisin' hell
I was on the run from these D's, raisin' hell
Kinda broke, couldn't raise the bell
Called my man, he broke 2 fuckin'(?) and a gauge for bail
Beat the chase got my gauge right back as well
With rap, you can say such amazin' tales, nigga

Don Quixote
06-20-2008, 03:05 PM

Maybe so. But even though Snoop is no longer making alot of records, we must keep in mind that he is still a significant "spokesman" for the hip-hop lifestyle and community. The fact that he indeed has a reality show (and has been in commercials, and movies, and ...) backs this up. He is indeed a relevant pop-culture figure, even if he isn't really making music anymore.

Again, we shouldn't make a strict 1-to-1 correlation between the music and the lifestyle (most of us aren't, nor are you). My primary complaint about hip-hop is the lifestyle it promotes, but you can level similar allegations against other forms of music too.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Young Jeezy (Featuring Kanye West):

Put On

[Jeezy]
I put on...(x4)
I put on for my city, on on for my city (x4)

When they see me off in traffic they say Jeezy on some other shit
Send them pussy niggas runnin straight back to the dealership
Me I'm in my spaceship, thats right I work for Nasa
The 7H is not a fraud, call that bitch my bodyguard
Call that bitch your bodyguard? Yeah, thats my bodyguard
When we're out of jewelry, Young gon' do security
It was whiter than a napkin, harder than a dinner plate
If you want it come and get it
You know I stay super straight
Ran up in my spots and now I'm workin out the Super 8
Know you niggas hungry, come and get a super plate
Y'all sing happy birthday, yeah I got that super cake
Hundred karat bracelet, I use it like some super bait
[Chorus](x2)
I put on for my city, on on for my city
I put on for my city, on on for my city
Put on (east side)
Put on (south side)
Put on (west side)
Put on

Half bag, top back, ain't nothin but a young thug.
HKs, 8 K's, i need to join a gun club
Big wheels, big straps, you know I like it super sized
Passenger's a redbone, her weeve look like some curly fries
Inside fish sticks, outside tartar sauce
Pocket full of celery, imagine what she tellin me
Blowin on asparagus, the realest shit I ever smoked
Ridin to that Trap or Die, the realest shit I ever wrote
They know I got that broccoli, so I keep that glock with me
Don't get caught without one, comin from where I'm from
Call me Jeezy Hamilton, flyin down Campbellton
So fresh, so clean, on my way to Charlene's

[Chorus](x2)

[Kanye]
I put on...(x3)
I put on for my city, I put on for my
I put on for my city, I put on for my city
On...

I feel like there's still niggas that owe me checks
I feel like there's still bitches that owe me sex
I feel like this but niggas don't know these stress
I lost the only girl in the world that know me best
I got the money and the fame and that don't mean shit
I got the Jesus on a chain, man that don't mean shit
Cause when the Jesus pieces can't bring me peace
So I need just at least one of Russell's nieces
On...I let my nightmares go
I put on, everybody that I knew from the go
I know hoes that was frontin when they knew he was broke
They say damn, yeezy yeezy, you don't know us no more
You got that big fame homie, and you just changed homie
You can ask big homie, man the top so lonely
II...I...
So lonely
II..I...
Let me see what we have tonight (what we have tonight)
I'm high as a satellite (satellite)
I see those flashin lights (flashin lights)
Cause every night (every night)
I put on

Extra Stout
06-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Some of my best friends are black!

Extra Stout
06-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Thank God for Obama. Once I vote for him, I get a Racism Immunity card forever.

Don Quixote
06-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I feel less guilty now myself

Extra Stout
06-20-2008, 03:14 PM
You're so nice! Why aren't other blacks more like you?

rAm
06-20-2008, 03:14 PM

U Wonderin

First of all, LOL @ Buckshot. You are just further proving my point. Go quote some real hip hop.

I don't see anything about murdering people in Kanye's lyrics.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 03:16 PM

U Wonderin

[Buckshot (Big Pooh)]
Yeah (Yeah)
They wonderin'
Ayo Pooh (Whaddup Buck?)
Check this out (Ha?)
I ain't got the answer dog (I got it either my nigga)
And I'mma spread a little somethin'on 'em (Aight)
You know the game is crazy
I can't explain this shit sometimes
(Ay let them niggas know what's good, man)

[Buckshot]
From the news to the radio
Radio to sattelite
All I hear is niggas lookin
Actin' like, matters like
The most pathetic method to use
Especially old dudes
Who thinkin' they old news
You blink, and you old school
Niggas know rules 'cause you can do what you want
No, fool
You should get ya shit together
Stay out the lobby
'Cause if you ain't selling records in the store, it's a hobby
And you probably disagree
Fuck it, this is me
I've been here since '93
You've been here since finding me
So, jot notes, take a lesson
This is 'Shot, Smif N Wessun and Sean P
The army posessin'automatic weapons
With the exception of my brain
I'll give 'em my grain, tryin' to break down the game
For those who can't staind (stand), they lame when they starin'
They lookin' at me wrong, when they hear this song what they hear is

[Chorus: Buckshot (Samples)]
When you see my face now
(They wonder)
When we come through deep
(They wonder)
When you see us in the street

[Big Pooh]
It's me
Starin' face down the eyes of a barrell
Niggas wonder is he thorough, take a look at the kid
This 3 years since some shit that I did became a classic
Now I got this shit wrapped up in plastic, bastards
Speakin' on my talent, they way I pen these scriptures
"Mothafuck, that nigga rap is riddic' (riddiculous)"
God forgive me now, so I repent
I'm on some fuck you shit
'Cause this year what they got, I'mma get
This is
What I call here a tropical storm, man
Came in these lanes for the way they go on, an' (and)
Sleep on my record
You wonder what the fuck is goin' on in my life
I'mma tell you in a second
First we got shafted on our first deal
Our first lawyer fell for the fake nigga, and that's real
Now it's all over, yo it's a new chapter
Prepare for the rapture, I'm bakin' you son
I'm on tune with myself, this is lyrical fitness
Buck is here to witness, so hear these breaths
9th Wonder in control of the sets
J. League and Boot Camp get the props nigga, in case you forget

[Buckshot (Samples)]

[Big Pooh]
You mothafucka's can't hold me
J. League, B-C-C
Beware of the L-B
And next up is my mothafuckin' nigga
Sean P!

[Sean Price]
Alot of mothafucka's say they can rhyme
Until they get in the booth
Find out they ain't tellin' the truth
Sean Price cash royalty checks
Cop work, flip that, cop some more, then forget that I rap
Yo, rap ain't real, my life is real
If you rap out my life, fuck around and get killed
Niggas always wanna ask if I'm Sean
I'm like "chill, mind ya business"
Give that man dap, and I'm gone
Yo, see me alone, and see me with rock
Fuck around, I see you with shots if I see you with cops
Niggas ask why I clap at the kids
'Cause I saw him last night, it wasn't right how he yapped to the pigs
Yo, pop ya 'cris, I pop Hen' bottles
Pop E pills, nigga, with top 10 models
I'm back for revenge, and I'm back with no ends
Big ruck when I rock, stop askin' a friend
Yo, I'm 32 but the gauge is .12
And the fifth for these funny niggas, Dave Chappelle
When Run-DMC was fuckin' raisin' hell
I was on the run from these D's, raisin' hell
Kinda broke, couldn't raise the bell
Called my man, he broke 2 fuckin'(?) and a gauge for bail
Beat the chase got my gauge right back as well
With rap, you can say such amazin' tales, nigga

oh wow peewee found somebody less relevant than Snoop Dogg. good work.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 03:17 PM
I just posted a Young Jeezy song featuring Kanye.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 03:17 PM
oh wow peewee found somebody less relevant than Snoop Dogg. good work.

Top Ten song in May.

rAm
06-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh shit I guess if I hate black people so much I should burn this Jimi Hendrix shirt I'm wearing and stop watching NBA and NFL and turn to something like golf or figure skating. Oh shit Tiger Woods is black too, scratch that. Shit now I wish I didn't vote for Obama since I'm such a racist black person hater.

I'm hating on rap because I don't like bad music, not because I don't like black people. Eminem is white and I don't like most of his music either.

LOL @ this whole post. You should take off your Jimi Hendrix shirt you fucking poser.

NBA + NFL may have a lot of black athletes but it is all white man approved. Tiger Woods is black, but he isn't "black" cmon now. Same thing w/ Eminem. You should vote however you want you racist bastard.

Don't label it bad music because you don't like it. I fucking hate country music, but i don't call it bad music, a lot of people out there like it.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 03:18 PM
shoulda used Black Moon instead, might have made you look a little less ignorant peewee.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Top Ten song in May.

Top Ten what? Not in my top ten.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I just posted a Young Jeezy song featuring Kanye.

hey kanye! sweet!

CuckingFunt
06-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Everyone can go back and forth posting lyrics until we all turn blue in the fingers, but it won't change the fact that there are examples of crap and brilliance in every single genre of music. Snoop Dogg is no more accurate a representation of the whole of rap/hip hop than Marilyn Manson is for the whole of rock, or Toby Keith is for the whole of country.

You want to say that you don't like specific artists, or specific songs, or specific trends associated with hip hop culture? Fine. Go nuts. You want to say that, even when it's good and/or responsible, it's just a style that you don't like? Have at it. But don't expect to unilaterally declare ALL rap/hip hop to be shitty and irresponsible, unless you've actually heard every song written/performed by every artist, without giving up all rights to a logical argument. None of us are all-seeing, all-knowing beings (no matter how close some of us may get), and to suggest that you are completely negates your credibility in this discussion.

And, for the record, this post isn't directed at any one poster so much as it is directed at the thread in general.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I got the money and the fame and that don't mean shit
I got the Jesus on a chain, man that don't mean shit
Cause when the Jesus pieces can't bring me peace
So I need just at least one of Russell's nieces
On...I let my nightmares go
I put on, everybody that I knew from the go
I know hoes that was frontin when they knew he was broke
They say damn, yeezy yeezy, you don't know us no more
You got that big fame homie, and you just changed homie
You can ask big homie, man the top so lonely

he's obviously talking about pain & regret for his life. Just like Johnny Cash. Exactly like Johnny Cash.

Young Jeezy = Johnny Cash.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Top Ten what? Not in my top ten.

Billboard.

Extra Stout
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Everyone can go back and forth posting lyrics until we all turn blue in the fingers, but it won't change the fact that there are examples of crap and brilliance in every single genre of music. Snoop Dogg is no more accurate a representation of the whole of rap/hip hop than Marilyn Manson is for the whole of rock, or Toby Keith is for the whole of country.

I don't know about you, but I was ranking Toby Keith right up there with Shostakovich.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Half bag, top back, ain't nothin but a young thug.
HKs, 8 K's, i need to join a gun club
Big wheels, big straps, you know I like it super sized
Passenger's a redbone, her weeve look like some curly fries
Inside fish sticks, outside tartar sauce
Pocket full of celery, imagine what she tellin me
Blowin on asparagus, the realest shit I ever smoked
Ridin to that Trap or Die, the realest shit I ever wrote
They know I got that broccoli, so I keep that glock with me
Don't get caught without one, comin from where I'm from
Call me Jeezy Hamilton, flyin down Campbellton
So fresh, so clean, on my way to Charlene's

Yea, Johnny Cash.

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't know about you, but I was ranking Toby Keith right up there with Shostakovich.

balli
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
It's in the top ten list for fucking idiots to quote to make weak, straw man arguments in order to fail at justifying their baseless, crazy, bigoted and ignorant castigations of an entire genre of music that they know next to nothing about.

That's more like it.

monosylab1k
06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Billboard.

So was he ahead of or behind Hannah Montana?

peewee's lovechild
06-20-2008, 03:30 PM
So was he ahead of or behind Hannah Montana?

It was Billboard for the rap genre.

But, I'll check where it's at overall.

CuckingFunt
06-20-2008, 03:34 PM
It's in the top ten list for fucking idiots to quote to make weak, straw man arguments in order to fail at justifying their baseless, crazy, bigoted and ignorant castigations of an entire genre of music that they know next to nothing about.

That's more like it.

Hard to pull the straw man card when it's being heavily utilized on both sides of the argument(s).

Peewee breaking out lyrics that support his argument, but ignoring those that don't, is a bit of a straw man argument; but so is discounting the Billboard top ten list, because that does absolutely indicate popularity amongst the listening public.

balli
06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Except that and I've never heard of it and I don't really know, but I'd more than suspect it's a club song, which is almost an entirely different genre anyways. And this isn't really about whether the song is popular (I have no doubt it's popular) it's about whether you can claim it's a valid microcosm of rap as a whole. It is not, whether it's truly popular or not.

CuckingFunt
06-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Except that and I've never heard of it and I don't really know, but I'd more than suspect it's a club song, which is almost an entirely different genre anyways. And this isn't really about whether the song is popular (I have no doubt it's popular) it's about whether you can claim it's a valid microcosm of rap as a whole. It is not, whether it's truly popular or not.

Oh, I agree with you. I was mostly commenting on how fractured this argument has become, largely through various attempts to sidestep legitimate points being made.

balli
06-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah. Sorry. I'm guilty too.

"Everytime I try to get out... they keep pulling me back in."

Or whatever it is.

TheSanityAnnex
06-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Hate to break it to you, but that's Snoop's song.

They were just "featured" in the song.

Snoop Dogg is like 50 years old these days and has no "street cred", especially after making that "Sexual Eruption" song.

TheSanityAnnex
06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Thank you for pointing out a song from 1993. So relevant to our discussion.
A more famous rapper:

"Serial Killa"
(feat. Kurupt, Daz, RBX)

Six million ways to die, choose one

[Verse One: Kurupt, Daz]

It's time to escape, but I don't know where the fuck i'm headed
Up or down, right or left, life or death
I see myself in a mist of smoke
Death becomes any nigga that takes me for a joke
We hit a five dollar stick, now we puttin in work
Unaccountable amounts of dirt, death becomes all niggaz
anybody killa, you know what the deal is
Nigga, you know what the real is

I see some mark brand niggaz on the corner flaggin me down
Sayin, "Yo Daz, what's up with the Pound?
Is that nigga snoop alright? Aiyyo what's up with the crew?
Is them niggaz in jail, or are them niggaz through?"
i said, if you ain't up on thangs
Snoop Dogg is the name, Dogg Pound's the game
It's like this they don't understand
It's an everyday thang, to gangbang
Make that twist, don't be a bitch, let these niggaz know
What's up with you I represent the Pound and Death Row
And can't no other motherfucker in L.A. or Long Beach
and Compton, and Watts, see D-O-G's
Now, you can't come and you can't run, and you can't
see long to the G of the gang
One gun is all that we need, to put you to rest
Pump pump, put 2 slugs dead in your chest
Now you dead then a motherfucker, creepin and sleepin
6 feet deep in, fuckin with the Pound is

[Verse Two: Snoop Doggy Dogg]

The cloud becomes black, and the sky becomes blue
Now you in the midst of the Dogg Pound crew
Ain't no clue, on why the fuck we do what we do
Leave you in a state of paranoia, oooh
Don't make a move for your gat so soon cuz
I drops bombs like Platoon (ay nigga)
Walk with me, hold my hand and let me lead you
I'll take you on a journey, and I promise I won't leave you
(I won't leave you) until you get the full comprehension
And when you do, that's when the mission
or survival, becomes your every thought
Keep your eyes open, cuz you don't wanna be caught
Half steppin with your weapon on safety
Now break yourself motherfucker 'fore you make me
take this 211 to another level
I come up with your ends, you go down with the devil
Now roam through the depths of hell
Where the rest your buster ass homeboys dwell
Well...

(Wake up in the morning, to Lucky Charms cereal)

[Verse Three: RBX]

Deep, deep like the mind of Minolta, now picture this!
Let's picnic inside a morgue
Not pic-a-nic baskets, pic-a-nic caskets
And I got the machine, that cracks your fuckin chest plates
open and release them guts
Then I release def cutsBrutal, jagged edged, totally ruffneck
Now everybody scream nuff respect to the X
Nuff respect given
Disrespect and you will not be livin
Word to momma, Emma, drama, dilemma

(Wake up in the morning, to Lucky Charms cereal

mardigan
06-20-2008, 04:14 PM

TheSanityAnnex
06-20-2008, 04:18 PM
uh oh.

A white guy, guitars, a positive message, and hip hop?!?!

Can it be?

hoLxuyV9qz8

J.T.
06-20-2008, 05:32 PM
uh oh.

A white guy, guitars, a positive message, and hip hop?!?!

Can it be?

I think that one effectively changed my opinion. This thread has made me feel like I did in the 5th grade when I couldn't do long division, and I would work a problem, get to the end and feel really good about solving it, then get my test back and find out I was really, really wrong.

My birthday is on Tuesday, and I will be celebrating it with KFC bowls all day long.

(still think that MTV rap is shit, but so does pretty much everyone in this thread)

balli
06-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow. How often do you see that? Good man JT.

And for the record, I never thought you were a racist, just misinformed.

rAm
06-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I didn't actually think you were racist. I was just using it as a tool to try and prove my point.

Kudos though. :toast

pooh
06-20-2008, 06:06 PM
all music is now is just samples of old songs and drum machines. Lennon, Diddley, Brown are rolling in their graves right now with all this new "music" going on. the industry is already "dead" due to downloading as it is...so just dust off your old 45's and albums and or CD's of when music was "good" and enjoy it.

Sense
06-20-2008, 06:35 PM
hip hop is pop.

they are indistinguishable now.

You have rockers collaborating with rappers and even country music stars. It's here to stay.

When Dykemart says that Eminem is talented like Johnny Cash, that gives america no hope.

hip hop is dead..

people considering lil wayne as the best rapper of the moment?

lmao it's such a joke right now.... and I like hip hop.... but trust me at this point im nowhere near listening to it because of the bullshit out there... people are making records for the money... for the choruses....

it's just not hip hop anymore...

TheSanityAnnex
06-20-2008, 11:32 PM
hip hop is dead..

lmao it's such a joke right now.... and I like hip hop.... but trust me at this point im nowhere near listening to it because of the bullshit out there... people are making records for the money... for the choruses....

it's just not hip hop anymore...

Hip hop is alive and thriving, you just have to know where to look.

Hint: It will not be where lil Wayne is being played.

mavs>spurs2
06-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Snoop Dogg is like 50 years old these days and has no "street cred", especially after making that "Sexual Eruption" song.

Snoop Dogg is a 5 star gorilla crip

midgetonadonkey
06-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Peewee knows jack shit about music. He listens to nothing but Fleetwood Mac and the Beatles. His knowledge of music is based on what wikipedia says. He says Pantera is overrated although he has only heard one song (Planet Caravan).

midgetonadonkey
06-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Seriously, Fleetwood Mac....

Who the fuck likes Feetwood Mac?

The fucker spent a week singing Landslides in his office and swore it was the greatest song in history. When he posts in music threads it should simply be ignored.

Sense
06-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Hip hop is alive and thriving, you just have to know where to look.

Hint: It will not be where lil Wayne is being played.

then it's not thriving so much eh?

midgetonadonkey
06-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Good Hip-Hop is like good Metal....Nowhere near the top of any charts but still alive with the fans of the genre.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-21-2008, 01:44 AM
Good Hip-Hop is like good Metal....Nowhere near the top of any charts but still alive with the fans of the genre.

:tu

___uPtOwNgIrL___
06-21-2008, 02:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBt_QbQ_sSc&feature=related

LISTEN AND LEARN

R@P IS CR@P~!

Brutalis
06-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Worse than lil wayne.

An Ode to Automator
b5aocYRShXM

"Who fuses the music
With no illusions
Clueless?

He juggles variables

You think I'm going to watch or read that? The fuck is wrong with you dude?

Of course it's worse, it's just as worse. And the point was it's easy to make up fucking retard rhymes.

Good god go listen to some POD and shut up already.

Brutalis
06-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Hip hop is not music. Rap is not music.

Music is played with drums, guitars, fiddles, you catch the fucking point yet? Music isn't made by pressing a button on a sound board to make a noise go thump every 5 seconds.

And for those people who sit in their car at the red light, stop sign, gas station, wherever, blaring your fucking soundboard thumps, you are not cool. Everyone around you thinks you're a little bitch starving for attention. But we need people like you to equal out the old fucks driving all over the road, cell phone assholes, and little kids with new permits.

remingtonbo2001
06-21-2008, 03:56 AM
Fran Liszt.

InRareForm
06-21-2008, 05:14 AM

Music is played with drums, guitars, fiddles, you catch the fucking point yet? Music isn't made by pressing a button on a sound board to make a noise go thump every 5 seconds.

Instruments?

how about the roots?

FyJ8RpJoHmc

How is this not music?

kiss my ass, you suck, you sound like a bitter old man angry at the youth. Yes people who blare music with windows down suck, windows up and turning it somewhat down however is alright. Once again hip hop is singled out, I hear other genres blaring out and it sounds horrible but I don't bitch about it on a message board.

32X-ieCav-M

^ this > your bitter rants

Brutalis
06-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Instruments?

how about the roots?

FyJ8RpJoHmc

How is this not music?

kiss my ass, you suck, you sound like a bitter old man angry at the youth. Yes people who blare music with windows down suck, windows up and turning it somewhat down however is alright. Once again hip hop is singled out, I hear other genres blaring out and it sounds horrible but I don't bitch about it on a message board.

32X-ieCav-M

^ this > your bitter rants

I'm not watching the shit but if they PLAY music then you can call it music.

I'm 23 not some old man.

Despite your little inferiority complex, what I say stands. And I bet you most people not into that childish stuff would agree.

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Peewee knows jack shit about music. He listens to nothing but Fleetwood Mac and the Beatles. His knowledge of music is based on what wikipedia says. He says Pantera is overrated although he has only heard one song (Planet Caravan).

Nevermind that I like the same music you do.

Retard.

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Seriously, Fleetwood Mac....

Who the fuck likes Feetwood Mac?

The fucker spent a week singing Landslides in his office and swore it was the greatest song in history. When he posts in music threads it should simply be ignored.

:lmao:lmao

It was "Bleed To Love Her".

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Lindsey Buckingham does some pretty decent guitar work there.

monosylab1k
06-21-2008, 10:16 AM
I'd love to see all the "rap isn't music" people in here try to make a rap song. I mean, it should be easy as hell, right? Coming up with verses and a beat (that apparently is just pressing a button every 5 seconds) should be a piece of cake. And I'm not talking about some Lil' Wayne turd, because yes that probably takes about 10 minutes of half-assing to do. I'm talking a legitimate hip hop song.

monosylab1k
06-21-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not watching the shit but if they PLAY music then you can call it music.

They do. They have one of the most highly esteemed drummers in the entire music industry in their band, and formerly a bassist almost equally respected. And they're a rap group. But rap isn't music right?

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:19 AM

By definition, it is.

I don't necessarily think that most of it is good music, but it's music nonetheless.

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I hear other genres blaring out and it sounds horrible but I don't bitch about it on a message board.

In my hometown it's Los Cadetes de Linares, Los Invasores, Los Tigeres del Norte, and Ramon Ayala.

And, they do that shit loud.

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I'd love to see all the "rap isn't music" people in here try to make a rap song. I mean, it should be easy as hell, right? Coming up with verses and a beat (that apparently is just pressing a button every 5 seconds) should be a piece of cake. And I'm not talking about some Lil' Wayne turd, because yes that probably takes about 10 minutes of half-assing to do. I'm talking a legitimate hip hop song.

vDJ_0UBdDrY

monosylab1k
06-21-2008, 10:24 AM
vDJ_0UBdDrY

what part of "legitimate hip hop song" did you not understand? Oh yeah that's right you don't know shit about hip hop, you're just talking out your ass. :lmao coolio. I bet you thought that guy was fuckin hardcore back in the day, right? "oh no it's coolio, he's such an intimidating black man!"

monosylab1k
06-21-2008, 10:26 AM
and for the record, Weird Al is indeed a better rapper than Coolio.

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:28 AM
what part of "legitimate hip hop song" did you not understand? Oh yeah that's right you don't know shit about hip hop, you're just talking out your ass. :lmao coolio. I bet you thought that guy was fuckin hardcore back in the day, right? "oh no it's coolio, he's such an intimidating black man!"

:lmao at your dumbass getting all bent out of shape.

It's funny.

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:28 AM
and for the record, Weird Al is indeed a better rapper than Coolio.

We finally agree on something here.

remingtonbo2001
06-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Keller Williams.

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:31 AM
xEzGIuY7kw

monosylab1k
:lmao at your dumbass getting all bent out of shape.

It's funny.

so how many times have you tried to kill yourself while typing in the quattro?

peewee's lovechild
"aint got a gat, but I got a solder gun"

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:34 AM
XbVtbc_XzrI

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:48 AM
yjhKIttvX34

peewee's lovechild
06-21-2008, 10:55 AM
mio2kz9lv28

mrsmaalox
06-21-2008, 11:13 AM
"my white balls are sweaty" :lmao, :lmao

Brutalis
06-21-2008, 01:47 PM
They do. They have one of the most highly esteemed drummers in the entire music industry in their band, and formerly a bassist almost equally respected. And they're a rap group. But rap isn't music right?

Like I said, again. That you don't seem to read correctly. If they play the music, then it's music.

However pushing buttons is not music dude. You can be ignorant all you want I careless.

:rollin:lol:lmao @ pushing buttons = music. Such tools.

monosylab1k
06-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Like I said, again. That you don't seem to read correctly. If they play the music, then it's music.

However pushing buttons is not music dude. You can be ignorant all you want I careless.

:rollin:lol:lmao @ pushing buttons = music. Such tools.

:rollin:lol:lmao @ pushing buttons = rap music. Such ignorance.

and if pushing buttons isn't music, everyone check out this little non-musical instrument -

http://www.pearsonpianos.com/images/grand-piano-2.jpg

yeah that thing has never made music. just pushing buttons.

monosylab1k
06-21-2008, 04:11 PM

I read just fine where you said rap wasn't music.

TheSanityAnnex
06-21-2008, 05:18 PM
and if pushing buttons isn't music, everyone check out this little non-musical instrument -

Zing!

TheSanityAnnex
06-21-2008, 05:20 PM
JT- some more stuff for you to hear.

Non Prophets.
Live band + Sage Francis = Sick
7F4KiuvLo6Y

InRareForm
06-21-2008, 05:52 PM
more hip hop you probably never thought existed. These dudes are from Australia and they make hip hop sounding music. Even have white people starring in this video.

U8BWBn26bX0

dope song!!

Ignignokt
06-22-2008, 01:42 AM

it takes discipline,drive and talent to push piano buttons, and make good music.

Pushing computer buttons and looping, mixing tracks can be taught to chimpanzees.

Rap is not real music.

I know you challenged all the naysayers to make a rap to prove how hard it is to be succesful at it.

But why stop with making better rap music.

Let's improve making substandard artforms of all kinds.

Why don't we challenge ourselves to make a more tastier KFC bowl, or to become more homeristic than SpursDynasty?

Why don't we challenge ourselves to who can make the longest terd, or who can read the most Daniel Steele Novels?

InRareForm
06-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Pushing computer buttons and looping, mixing tracks can be taught to chimpanzees.

your full of shit and hate.

who cares if it doesn't fill your "it's not music" mold.

"SOUND IS VIBRATION"

and if that sound is good, then it is good.

go take your xylophone and all those other instruments and stick it up your "music purity" ass.

and your argument by analogy fukin sucks

Nesterofish
06-22-2008, 05:00 PM
ignikot is pertty funnyu fore a wetbakc

TheSanityAnnex
06-22-2008, 05:24 PM
it takes discipline,drive and talent to push piano buttons, and make good music.

This should shut you up for a while, don't see how you can argue against this.

Cunninlynguists live in studio with Club Dub, creating hip hop with drums, guitars, pianos, turntables, and mixers. Find me a chimpanzee who can do that.
FpONzy0cv3Y
UVQX3cxjcH0
FtmHVaSyU6E
bttFccFyob8
El88zPe93PQ
Fyp8zPcWW9Q
S6imgfsiBzs
i5lLu5a1fbM

/endthread

mavs>spurs2
06-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Mainstream rap today sucks, but every now and then some of those guys can put out a good song. This is in my opinion the only good song put out by any member of G-Unit. I think many rappers have more talent than you realize, but are forced to put out this shit we hear on the radio to sell records.

lSeSuSzK7E8

Anti.Hero
06-22-2008, 11:32 PM

LOL

That was some HEAVY pwnage!!11

Nicely done.

phyzik
06-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Not that I like rap or hip-hop in the least... its fucking garbage... but at least we dont have grunge leading the way... Granted, Nirvana was great but that shit got old quick.

Fillmoe
06-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Lots of ignorance in this thread.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-23-2008, 12:04 AM

You want to say that you don't like specific artists, or specific songs, or specific trends associated with hip hop culture? Fine. Go nuts. You want to say that, even when it's good and/or responsible, it's just a style that you don't like? Have at it. But don't expect to unilaterally declare ALL rap/hip hop to be shitty and irresponsible, unless you've actually heard every song written/performed by every artist, without giving up all rights to a logical argument. None of us are all-seeing, all-knowing beings (no matter how close some of us may get), and to suggest that you are completely negates your credibility in this discussion.

That.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I love these threads because I usually get introduced to some good new stuff.

Fillmoe
06-23-2008, 12:53 AM
That.

x3

Ignignokt
06-23-2008, 01:37 AM
This should shut you up for a while, don't see how you can argue against this.

Cunninlynguists live in studio with Club Dub, creating hip hop with drums, guitars, pianos, turntables, and mixers. Find me a chimpanzee who can do that.
FpONzy0cv3Y
UVQX3cxjcH0
FtmHVaSyU6E
bttFccFyob8
El88zPe93PQ
Fyp8zPcWW9Q
S6imgfsiBzs
i5lLu5a1fbM

/endthread

lame, ofcourse there are exceptions. Like i know of a pitbull that doesn't bite.

But rap beats can be done by chimpanzees.

Ignignokt
06-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Mainstream rap today sucks, but every now and then some of those guys can put out a good song. This is in my opinion the only good song put out by any member of G-Unit. I think many rappers have more talent than you realize, but are forced to put out this shit we hear on the radio to sell records.

lSeSuSzK7E8

I like that video you posted while back of the Game.

That was aiight.

But some here want to say that Eminem = Chopin in talent. They deserved to get laughed at.

Fillmoe
06-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Just copped the new Immortal Technique

http://i25.tinypic.com/2wlsz8x.jpg

InRareForm
06-23-2008, 02:08 AM
lame, ofcourse there are exceptions. Like i know of a pitbull that doesn't bite.

But rap beats can be done by chimpanzees.

lol you lost, shut up already.

so can a monkey pluck the strings of a guitar, whats your f'n point? You and your damn analogies.

KidCongo
06-23-2008, 06:55 AM
hip hop is better than this rock pop shit here

4kkJPiTIyZ8

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Pianos don't have buttons.
They have keys.

Calling them buttons is beyond ignorant.

stretch
06-23-2008, 08:21 AM

people who say that are fucking retarded.

unfortunately, there are quite a few fucking retards out there...

stretch
06-23-2008, 08:21 AM

:tu

monosylab1k
06-23-2008, 08:33 AM
They have keys.

I can't wait till your daughter becomes a meth-addict stripper, shaking her snatch in front of horny old men with rap music playing in the background.

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I can't wait till your daughter becomes a meth-addict stripper, shaking her snatch in front of horny old men with rap music playing in the background.

So, are you still saying that pianos have buttons?

Because if you are, then it will be your children getting fucked for money because they will inherit your stupidity.

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 08:40 AM
And, if you want to bash me, I've got no problem with it.

Leave my kid out of it.

Don't fuck with that.

stretch
06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
They have keys.

for crying out loud this kind of nitpicking is fucking absurd

and if you really wanna get techinical a vast majority of their work is done with keyboards and computers which have KEYS not buttons so shut the fuck up with that bullshit

stretch
06-23-2008, 09:00 AM
And, if you want to bash me, I've got no problem with it.

Leave my kid out of it.

Don't fuck with that.

you took a shot at him and whatever children he may have as well, so you really have no room to sit here and say "leave my kid out of it"

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 09:13 AM
for crying out loud this kind of nitpicking is fucking absurd

and if you really wanna get techinical a vast majority of their work is done with keyboards and computers which have KEYS not buttons so shut the fuck up with that bullshit

I'm not nitpicking at all.

He posted a picture of a piano.

They have keys.

It's really not hard to see that.

If you're having a hard time with that concept, take a look at the picture.

It's really quite easy.

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
you took a shot at him and whatever children he may have as well, so you really have no room to sit here and say "leave my kid out of it"

I take shots at him, like I take shots at your dumbass.

I never involve anyone's kids.

I've never talked shit about any of his kids.
I doubt he even has kids.
Regardless, I've never done it.

So, get his cock out of your ass and get your facts straight.

stretch
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm not nitpicking at all.

He posted a picture of a piano.

They have keys.

It's really not hard to see that.

If you're having a hard time with that concept, take a look at the picture.

It's really quite easy.

Musical keyboards and computer keyboards have keys too, so it isn't about button pushing period. Its about key pushing. Get it right.

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Musical keyboards and computer keyboards have keys too, so it isn't about button pushing period. Its about key pushing. Get it right.

Answer this question:

Does a piano have buttons?

It's a simple question.
(you can even refer to the picture if you need it)

stretch
06-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I take shots at him, like I take shots at your dumbass.

Ok. :wtf

I never involve anyone's kids.

You just did.

I've never talked shit about any of his kids.
I doubt he even has kids.
Regardless, I've never done it.

You just did.
You don't know that.
But you just did.

So, get his cock out of your ass and get your facts straight.

The facts are straight.

stretch
06-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Answer this question:

Does a piano have buttons?

It's a simple question.
(you can even refer to the picture if you need it)
Answer this question:

Did I say they have buttons?

It's a simple question.
(you can even refer to prior posts if you need it)

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Answer this question:

Did I say they have buttons?

It's a simple question.
(you can even refer to prior posts if you need it)

You're jumping in an argument that wasn't meant for you.

You just can't see it because you're an idiot.

I was simply reponding to Mono posting the picture of a piano and saying that it had buttons.

Are you really this retarded?

All I said was that pianos don't have buttons. You still haven't even answered the question. That's how retarded you are.

peewee's lovechild
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Ok. :wtf

You just did.

You just did.
You don't know that.
But you just did.

The facts are straight.

You are beyond retarded.

Mono doesn't have kids.

I've never said anything about his would-be kids.

I really can't believe you're this retarded.