PDA

View Full Version : The Strangers

scott
06-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Holy crap... that was some F'ed up shit.

If you like "creep the fuck out of you for potentially years to come" type horror... this movie is for you.

Sausage
06-01-2008, 09:41 PM
That movie didn't do much for me. Yeah it was scary in some parts, the girlfriend kept screaming louder than everyone in the theater, but it just left me feeling incomplete.

midgetonadonkey
06-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Is this movie about sitting on your hand until it falls asleep and then masturbating?

scott
06-01-2008, 09:47 PM
That movie didn't do much for me. Yeah it was scary in some parts, the girlfriend kept screaming louder than everyone in the theater, but it just left me feeling incomplete.

Was your theater pretty packed? Mine was (especially for a Sunday night) and the volume of freak-outs from the seats was rather loud. I'm sure that added to the fright-factor... though I think a completely empty theater would have been worse...

mavs>spurs2
06-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Saw it at 12:01 Thursday night when it came out, anticipating that it would be really good but I was wrong. I mean it wasn't that bad I'd give it a 5/10 but it just wasn't that scary and the ending was rushed. I also didn't like the fact that they basically tell you at the beginning of the movie that they wouldn't survive, sort of killed the suspense.

E20
06-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm not gonna watch the movie, but I don't get it. They're being pwn3d by some wackos with some masks on? God, pick up a gun and shoot the fuckers in the face, knife them in the head, do something instead of yelling and running away. I mean I could totally understand if it were some paranormal monster ala Freddy or Jason, but they're human fucking beings. Same thing with the Scream franchise. As soon as you get that phone call or knock on the door/whatever, grab a fucking knife and stand in a corner where he can't get you from behind then slash the motherfuckers.

braeden0613
06-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm not gonna watch the movie, but I don't get it. They're being pwn3d by some wackos with some masks on? God, pick up a gun and shoot the fuckers in the face, knife them in the head, do something instead of yelling and running away. I mean I could totally understand if it were some paranormal monster ala Freddy or Jason, but they're human fucking beings. Same thing with the Scream franchise. As soon as you get that phone call or knock on the door/whatever, grab a fucking knife and stand in a corner where he can't get you from behind then slash the motherfuckers.
Yeah that will probably keep me from seeing it as well. I wish someday a crazed director would create a 10 minute movie of a break-in with it ending by the homeowner blowing the burglar away with a shotgun or flamethrower or something. Some dumb girl running around yelling OMG OMG doesnt really make me want to go see this.

Fillmoe
06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I love giving myself a stranger.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-02-2008, 12:13 AM
You changed your picture Thank you:toast

DannyT
06-02-2008, 01:23 AM
what tripped me out about this flix and made me wanna see it was the fact that that is exactly how I felt when I went to a bed in breakfast in Fredricksburg a few months back....I felt creepy like someone was watching us and going to do something to us...so I stayed drunk ass fuck to calm my nerves...thats what I think these cats were on a vacation and not at home with guns and shit...but they could have gotten a knife I guess...I still wanna check it out...

scott
06-02-2008, 06:57 AM
For those with the knife/gun comments... well, you need to see the movie.

MoSpur
06-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I wanted to see that movie this weekend.

ATRAIN
06-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Is this movie about sitting on your hand until it falls asleep and then masturbating?

It should be, but im sure giving yourself a stranger would be more entertaining than watching this movie.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Saw it at 12:01 Thursday night when it came out, anticipating that it would be really good but I was wrong. I mean it wasn't that bad I'd give it a 5/10 but it just wasn't that scary and the ending was rushed. I also didn't like the fact that they basically tell you at the beginning of the movie that they wouldn't survive, sort of killed the suspense.
hmmm. at least you were in the theater and not reading it in a forum......but thanks. :donkey

mavs>spurs2
06-02-2008, 12:46 PM
hmmm. at least you were in the theater and not reading it in a forum......but thanks. :donkey

As soon as you sat down in your seat you would have learned the same thing..it wasn't really that much of a spoiler. They tell you this in the first 30 seconds of the movie.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 01:04 PM
As soon as you sat down in your seat you would have learned the same thing..it wasn't really that much of a spoiler. They tell you this in the first 30 seconds of the movie.
:bang

E20
06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
For those with the knife/gun comments... well, you need to see the movie.

Sorry I carry protection every where I go and I always aim for the head/back of the head/neck areas, incase if they are wearing bullet proof vests/other types of armor.

Heath Ledger
06-02-2008, 02:19 PM
the boyfriend in this movie was such a pussy. i had higher hopes for this movie. it had some suspense but wasn't really scary at all.

Chief
06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Sorry I carry protection every where I go and I always aim for the head/back of the head/neck areas, incase if they are wearing bullet proof vests/other types of armor.

you alway's aim for the head/back ?

how many times have u shot someone ?

are u a cop ?

E20
06-02-2008, 02:37 PM
you alway's aim for the head/back ?

how many times have u shot someone ?

are u a cop ?

Not a gun per se. My whole body is a weapon ala Steven Segal.............................:lol

Plus what hotel or motel or house don't have knives?

Faccia di Angelo
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I really wanted to watch this movie too. But one of my kids today mentioned how he saw it and how much it sucked. Pretty much told me not to waste my money. Go figure. I guess I'll wait for the Happening.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
The Happening is gonna own the shit out of The Strangers.

T Park
06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
The happening looks like some creepy ass shit.

Is that the one with Marky Mark and something is compelling people to commit suicide and what not?

Squid
06-02-2008, 10:05 PM
The happening looks like some creepy ass shit.

Is that the one with Marky Mark and something is compelling people to commit suicide and what not?

No stupid!!

Kriz-Maxima
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I want to see The Happening. The Strangers doesnt really draw my attention.

Sp Ginobili 20
06-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Read the spoiler for The Happening, and it's pretty stupid, but I still wanna see it.

Tradition
06-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Well I wished I would have known their purpose for why they did what they did. No motive explained at all so I left that movie with the same questions I had throughout. Had some crazy moments though.

balli
06-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Read the spoiler for The Happening, and it's pretty stupid, but I still wanna see it.

Really. That sucks. I liked 6th sense, really liked Unbreakable, thought Signs was weak, The Village was just about the worst movie I've seen in the past five years and the reviews were so bad that I didn't even see that latest dumbass swimming pool flick. I had high hopes for The Happening though. Stupid Shyamalan.

Question about the strangers- How gory is it? I can handle violence if it has meaning and/or purpose, but I have no place in my life to glorify unnecessary and purposeless bloodshed. So is this shit an actual movie, or is it just typical gorenography?

Leetonidas
06-03-2008, 01:02 AM
DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE.

I saw it last night. Worst movie I have seen in a long, long time, since Beowulf probably. It sucked so so much ass.

Leetonidas
06-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Really. That sucks. I liked 6th sense, really liked Unbreakable, thought Signs was weak, The Village was just about the worst movie I've seen in the past five years and the reviews were so bad that I didn't even see that latest dumbass swimming pool flick. I had high hopes for The Happening though. Stupid Shyamalan.

Question about the strangers- How gory is it? I can handle violence if it has meaning and/or purpose, but I have no place in my life to glorify unnecessary and purposeless bloodshed. So is this shit an actual movie, or is it just typical gorenography?

It's not gory whatsoever. Only two people die.

Burn531
06-03-2008, 01:33 AM
The true story based on this movie is really interesting. It's unsolved and some pretty brutal murders happened. Here's a site with a bunch of info: http://www.cabin28.com/

E20
06-03-2008, 01:43 AM
I wish they did a movie like this, but the main character is played by Steven Segal and the murderers don't know who they are fucking with it. Sort of like Home Alone-esque, the baddies don't know what's coming for them.

After trying to terrorize Segal's characters for the 1st 30 or so minutes the tables are turned.

kungfu
06-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Holy crap... that was some F'ed up shit.

If you like "creep the fuck out of you for potentially years to come" type horror... this movie is for you.

The Ring and the Japanese version of the Grudge scared living daylights out of me so I dont wanna watch this

Leetonidas
06-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I wish they did a movie like this, but the main character is played by Steven Segal and the murderers don't know who they are fucking with it. Sort of like Home Alone-esque, the baddies don't know what's coming for them.

After trying to terrorize Segal's characters for the 1st 30 or so minutes the tables are turned.

You might have something, but that's basically every Rambo movie...except replace murderers with asshole police or Cambodians or something.

BacktoBasics
06-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Where is the spoiler for the Happening?

mexicanjunior
06-03-2008, 10:03 AM
It was ok, saw it this pas weekend. I thought it started well and the build up was good but, after they actually get into the house, I thought it got silly really quick...