PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Solid!

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Link to the Lakers Solid
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bryant-lakers-chicago-1945217-odom-game

My opinion,

The Los Angeles Lakers are for real! Their second team is as good as alot of teams first team. The bench is awesome and injuries wont be as devastating now as it was in the past. The Lakers now have quality backups at every position.

Bynum is playing better than any center in the league right now. Should be the starting center for the all star team, if the all star game was actually about players who are having a great season rather than a popularity contest.

Fisher has come back to bring stability to this team, and you can see his impact. Not only on the court but on the bench. It's nice to see the players pulling for each other. No drama about players wanting more playing time. They want to win and it's showing right now.

The Lakers are top 5 material! A Lakers vs. Boston Finals would surpass in viewers any other matchup in the NBA finals. it would cure all of the NBA's woes and bring back a vast majority of fans lost over the years.

Top 5

1. Boston
2. SA
3. Detroit
4. LA
5. Phoenix

Wow, the top 4 teams have a combined 37 titles between them! One of them will make it 38 after this season.

stretch
12-19-2007, 12:41 PM
That's cool. Where do you rank the Rockets though? I mean, they are your team...

stretch
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Bynum is playing better than any center in the league right now. Should be the starting center for the all star team, if the all star game was actually about players who are having a great season rather than a popularity contest.

Okay, I just noticed this. You are a fuckin idiot. He's playing well, but ever heard of someone called Dwight Howard? If you seriously are going to argue that, I think you deserve to be pinked.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM
That's cool. Where do you rank the Rockets though? I mean, they are your team...

I rank them with Dallas., Weak right now! Still drinking pube sweat, inch worm?

There is nothing worse than warm, flat beer. It's like drinking pube sweat... utterly disgusting.

Are you experienced at that?

:lol

stretch
12-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I rank them with Dallas., Weak right now!
To have the 3rd best record in the west, just barely behind Phoenix and San Antonio, and be playing "weak right now" then I can't imagine how good they will be when they start playing the way they are capable of...

And I'm still curious on your stance about Dwight Howard. I guess that explains your attempt at an insult, since any time you get proven wrong, you throw out lame insults.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 01:20 PM
To have the 3rd best record in the west, just barely behind Phoenix and San Antonio, and be playing "weak right now" then I can't imagine how good they will be when they start playing the way they are capable of...

And I'm still curious on your stance about Dwight Howard. I guess that explains your attempt at an insult, since any time you get proven wrong, you throw out lame insults.

Dwight is a PF playing in the east or maybe they do list him as a center over there, if so, he gets the edge but it has no bearing on Bynum starting in the west for the all stars. Dumbass Mavsfan!

lefty
12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
LA in front of PHX, really ????????

Boston in front of SA???!!!

WTF, Lakeshoe?

stretch
12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Dwight is a PF playing in the east or maybe they do list him as a center over there, if so, he gets the edge but it has no bearing on Bynum starting in the west for the all stars. Dumbass Mavsfan!
:wtf

He is not a PF. He is a center, always has been.

Second, you said Bynum was the best center in the LEAGUE. Not just the West. And as much as I like Bynum, Marcus Camby will have something to say about that. Yao Ming may too.

I really think you deserve a pinking.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 01:29 PM
LA in front of PHX, really ????????

Boston in front of SA???!!!

WTF, Lakeshoe?

Boston has been the best so far, time will tell if they can keep it up. I like the Lakers better than Phoenix, Phoenix is just too weak inside to win a title. imo

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
:wtf

He is not a PF. He is a center, always has been.

Second, you said Bynum was the best center in the LEAGUE. Not just the West. And as much as I like Bynum, Marcus Camby will have something to say about that. Yao Ming may too.

I really think you deserve a pinking.

Marcus Camby????? :lol Yao Ming??? :lol I'll take Bynum over those two, inchworm!

stretch
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Marcus Camby????? :lol Yao Ming??? :lol I'll take Bynum over those two, inchworm!
I would more than likely take him over Yao, and in time, Camby. But right now, I'd take Camby because he is still more developed, smarter, and is a defensive beast. Bynum is probably the second most talented center in the league, behind Dwight Howard.

Your logic about Howard still makes no sense, whatsoever though, and I really would like to know what it is that makes you think he's better than Dwight Howard...

Medvedenko
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Well Lakeshow...I love A-bomb and he's growing each game...but I can't see him at this point being better than Amare, Yao, and Camby.....Oh and the lakers are playing really well, but they are still a second tier team in the west.
Spurs
Suns
Mavs
Jazz

stretch
12-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Well Lakeshow...I love A-bomb and he's growing each game...but I can't see him at this point being better than Amare, Yao, and Camby.....Oh and the lakers are playing really well, but they are still a second tier team in the west.
Spurs
Suns
Mavs
Jazz
Give me Bynum over Amare. Amare may be a better scorer, but that is all he's better at. Bynum is a WAY better rebounder and defender, and does the dirty work that centers are supposed to do, unlike Amare.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Spurs
Suns
Mavs
Jazz

Well I respectfully disagree. The Mavs are definitely not worthy of discussion in this. They may match up well with SA but all of the other top teams are just as good if not better than the mavs. Phoenix, we beat them down without Lamar who gives Marion fits. I think we can take Phoenix in a seven game series. The Jazz? cmon man, they're like Houston and Dallas.

TheNextGen
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
How many minutes is bynum averaging per game? That will show who is more efficient.

LA24
12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Lakers are doing great considering our first 12 games were very tough. But it's too early to gloat. In another year or two, Bynum and Byrant (if he's still around)
will make a real dangerous tandem.

I still put Dallas and Phoenix > Lakers....for now. But they are starting
to go down and we're going up. SA will continue to contend though.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
How many minutes is bynum averaging per game? That will show who is more efficient.

27 minutes a game

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Lakers are doing great considering our first 12 games were very tough. But it's too early to gloat. In another year or two, Bynum and Byrant (if he's still around)
will make a real dangerous tandem.

I still put Dallas and Phoenix > Lakers....for now. But they are starting
to go down and we're going up. SA will continue to contend though.

I'm not gloating but I see a bigger upside for the lakers than I do for Phoenix and Dallas.

The way this team is starting to gel, the time will be now. If lamar can become consistent, the lakers are a top team NOW! imo

TheNextGen
12-19-2007, 01:49 PM
27 minutes a game

His stats arnt that bad for 27 minutes.

Medvedenko
12-19-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm sure Bynum's effeciency per 48 is pretty good...and I heard that BYnum so far at 20 is the only player to have 10,10, 2 for a season...now Shaq was at 23,14 so a little behind. Also, if a-bomb keeps up his 10,10,2 and is under 35 min...he'll be the first in Nba history to do so.

stretch
12-19-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't think that is always neccesarily true. Many times, when players play more minutes, they have to pace themselves. They can't just play balls-out for 40 minutes a night. But when you have lesser minutes, you can play kinda like Ginobili... he doesn't play a lot of minutes, but since he plays less, he can play a lot harder, thus helping his stats look better in those small amounts of time. It probably doesn't apply quite as much though, to guys like Bynum who start, as opposed to guys like Ginobili and Terry, who coming off the bench, had fantastic and efficient numbers for such few minutes.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
His stats arnt that bad for 27 minutes.

and they don't tell the whole story. Bynum has been a monster in the paint and he goes after everything now. He alters several shots a game when he does not block them.

Gordionot
12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
There's no question the Lakers are an improved squad from last year's dysfunctional mess but you're a long way from being able to beat the Suns/Mavs/Spurs in a seven game series. Don't take this the wrong way, but out of all the oft-named top 8 contenders in the west there's no team I'd rather see Phoenix draw than the Lakers. Perhaps you feel the same way about the Suns? In which case -- bring it! I'd love to see another showdown between Kobe and Nash. :)

SpursDynasty
12-19-2007, 02:30 PM
The Lakers admittedly are establishing themselves as an actual NBA entity once again for the first time since June 2004....but no where near the Spurs/Pistons/Celtics/Suns level..which means, when those 4 teams play L.A., they should beat L.A, and the Lakers still have no business getting W's vs. those four teams.

Andrew Bynum is playing better than Dwight Howard.

Oh, and with L.A. tied with Dallas in the loss column, and with Dallas having a game vs. Phoenix tonight while L.A. has the night off, things could get real interesting.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 02:55 PM
There's no question the Lakers are an improved squad from last year's dysfunctional mess but you're a long way from being able to beat the Suns/Mavs/Spurs in a seven game series. Don't take this the wrong way, but out of all the oft-named top 8 contenders in the west there's no team I'd rather see Phoenix draw than the Lakers. Perhaps you feel the same way about the Suns? In which case -- bring it! I'd love to see another showdown between Kobe and Nash. :)

The Lakers have a veteran at the point that will give Nash fits on the offensive end. The Suns owned the lakers while Smush parker was the starting point guard. Amare will constantly be in foul trouble trying to defend Bynum and the lakers bigs in the paint. The Suns have a good team but not one that I, as a lakers fan would be afraid to face in the playoffs. I feel pretty good about a win versues that team and now we have bad blood brewing between the two teams. Would be a very nice series either way.

Can't wait till Christmas Day! :toast

stretch
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
The Lakers have a veteran at the point that will give Nash fits on the offensive end. The Suns owned the lakers while Smush parker was the starting point guard. Amare will constantly be in foul trouble trying to defend Bynum and the lakers bigs in the paint. The Suns have a good team but not one that I, as a lakers fan would be afraid to face in the playoffs. I feel pretty good about a win versues that team and now we have bad blood brewing between the two teams. Would be a very nice series either way.

Can't wait till Christmas Day! :toast
Honestly, if I were the Suns, I'd be very scared of the Lakers. They have a the perfect weapon to combat the Suns in Bynum. The guy plays physical, which we all know that Amare backs down from physical play, he's a beast on the boards, as we all know that the Suns are a TERRIBLE rebounding team, and he scores inside easily to slow the game down. Those are the three ways to beat the Suns, and he is the key to all three of them. Not to mention that have that Kobe guy running around scoring 30-40 a night on them...

If they met in the playoffs, I'd take the Lakers in 5, even though the Suns have the better and more talented basketball team. I see the Lakers being the Suns kryptonite, much like the Warriors were the Mavericks kryptonite.

LakeShow
There is a poll going on right now asking are the Lakers legit. Right now, 89% think that they are. :)

stretch
Andrew Bynum is playing better than Dwight Howard.
Care to back that up, Jeff? Or are you going to puss out and go to band practice instead?

stretch
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
There is a poll going on right now asking are the Lakers legit. Right now, 89% think that they are. :)
I think the Lakers are very legit. IMO, they are a top 4 team in the west, along with the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns. I don't see them being able to get past the Mavs or Spurs just yet, but they will definitely beat the Suns (because of the matchup problems they bring to the table against them)

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Honestly, if I were the Suns, I'd be very scared of the Lakers. They have a the perfect weapon to combat the Suns in Bynum. The guy plays physical, which we all know that Amare backs down from physical play, he's a beast on the boards, as we all know that the Suns are a TERRIBLE rebounding team, and he scores inside easily to slow the game down. Those are the three ways to beat the Suns, and he is the key to all three of them. Not to mention that have that Kobe guy running around scoring 30-40 a night on them...

If they met in the playoffs, I'd take the Lakers in 5, even though the Suns have the better and more talented basketball team. I see the Lakers being the Suns kryptonite, much like the Warriors were the Mavericks kryptonite.

I agree! The Lakers are too big and athletic for the Suns, imo

edit: except for the part about the mavs

stretch
12-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I agree! The Lakers are too big and athletic for the Suns, imo
I won't say that they are more athletic, its hard to measure up to them in terms of athleticism when they have guys like Marion, Barbosa, and Stoudemire. But they present extreme matchup issues, and have matured enough to get past them finally. That was the reason they couldn't beat them the past 2 years. They had no maturity. They had them down 3-1, and found a way to blow it. If the Suns go down big like that again, against the Lakers, they will not be able to climb out of such a hole.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 03:23 PM
I won't say that they are more athletic, its hard to measure up to them in terms of athleticism when they have guys like Marion, Barbosa, and Stoudemire. But they present extreme matchup issues, and have matured enough to get past them finally. That was the reason they couldn't beat them the past 2 years. They had no maturity. They had them down 3-1, and found a way to blow it. If the Suns go down big like that again, against the Lakers, they will not be able to climb out of such a hole.

They're definitely too BIG and Athletic for the suns. The suns are an athletic group but not big by any means.

mardigan
12-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Care to back that up, Jeff? Or are you going to puss out and go to band practice instead?
Dwight Howard is a fluke this and every year
Isnt that right SD?

JamStone
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Thank god the chronic supply has not run out in Los Angeles.

da_suns_fan
12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I remember this Laker rhetoric last year after the Suns lost to them on opening night.........

Not too worried.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I remember this Laker rhetoric last year after the Suns lost to them on opening night.........

Not too worried.

Last year is history, along with Smush parker, Brian cook and Maurice evans. This season it's Derek Fisher, Ariza and an improved and healthy bench.

Medvedenko
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I actually agree with you Spursdynasty....except the part about Howard being less of player than Bynum..still bynum is only 20 to Howard's 22.....Oh and Bynum is only 10 days older than OJ mayo....interesting indeed.

da_suns_fan
12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Derek Fisher and Ariza are gonna make the difference between a 4-1 series loss and a victory?

Two weeks ago the Lakers were 9-8 and everyone was saying they were done.

They go on a 6-1 run (one of which was against San Antonio without Duncan and Parker that they nearly lost) and now you want to say they're contenders?

Again...not too worried. Whats the Lakers record against the Suns since Nash came back to Phoenix?

SpursDynasty
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Andrew Bynum gets 10 boards in only 27 minutes.
Dwight Howard gets 15 boards in 38 minutes.

Bynum has a higher free throw percentage.
Bynum has less turnovers per game.
Bynum averages less personal fouls a game.

SpursDynasty
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm not saying the Lakers are even a top 4 West team yet, but they're becoming a real team again.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Derek Fisher and Ariza are gonna make the difference between a 4-1 series loss and a victory?

Two weeks ago the Lakers were 9-8 and everyone was saying they were done.

They go on a 6-1 run (one of which was against San Antonio without Duncan and Parker that they nearly lost) and now you want to say they're contenders?

Again...not too worried. Whats the Lakers record against the Suns since Nash came back to Phoenix?

I don't know, what's their record against the suns since Fishers return to LA?

mardigan
12-19-2007, 04:07 PM

So your knock against Howard is that he averages only 5 more rebounds in more minutes.
Then your reasoning behind Bynum playing better is that he fouls less and has less turnovers. That has nothing to do with minutes right?
And what about their points? Howard is around 24 and Bynum is around 11. What excuse do you have for that?

JamStone
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM

I don't think the Lakers are all of a sudden contenders, but the vast improvements of Farmar and Bynum as well as the more consistent integration of Vujacic and Radmanovic into the rotations would be factors to look at more so than the additions of Fisher and Ariza if there is a difference.

da_suns_fan
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't know, what's their record against the suns since Fishers return to LA?

Its 1-0.

The same record they had against the Suns at this point last year. Yet the Lakers ended up going 2-7 against the Suns last year.

Excuse for not taking them more seriously. I didn't realize that Derek Fisher was such an impact player.

I still don't see how the Lakers could beat the Suns, Spurs or Mavs FOUR times. Theres just no way.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Its 1-0.

The same record they had against the Suns at this point last year. Yet the Lakers ended up going 2-7 against the Suns last year.

Excuse for not taking them more seriously. I didn't realize that Derek Fisher was such an impact player.

I still don't see how the Lakers could beat the Suns, Spurs or Mavs FOUR times. Theres just no way.

Last season has no bearing on this season. The lakers went 2-7 against the suns with Smush Parker at the point. Enough said!

The spurs will be a problem for the lakers but the mavs and suns are overrated!

Findog
12-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Well I respectfully disagree. The Mavs are definitely not worthy of discussion in this.

That's debatable. The Lakers certainly aren't. Dallas is +4 when it comes to Road Wins/Home Losses, LA is +2. Mavs are 17-9 despite having played like total crap for large swaths of the season so far. Dallas is better than the Lakers. Period.

stretch
12-19-2007, 04:21 PM

Howard plays more minutes, thus has to pace himself more and has to battle fatigue more.

Howard scores around 12-13 more ppg.
Howard shoots a higher percentage.
Howard gets to the line about 10 more times a game, thus proving he is far more feared by opposing teams.
Howard averages more steals.
Howard averages more blocks.
Howard leads the league in efficiency rating, as Bynum is all the way down at #34.
Howard is second among true qualifiers in efficiency per 48 minutes.

For those of you who say his stats are empty because he is in the East... he is also the efficiency leader in the entire league against only Western Conference teams.

Want me to pull up any more stats?

JamStone
12-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Mavs are 17-9 despite having played like total crap for large swaths of the season so far.

The fact you acknowledge the Mavs have been playing like crap actually doesn't help your argument.

Findog
12-19-2007, 04:25 PM
The fact you acknowledge the Mavs have been playing like crap actually doesn't help your argument.

They've also had stretches where they've played very good basketball. They've had one of the toughest schedules so far and they've dicked around, yet here it is, six weeks into the season, and they're only 2 games out of the top seed in the West. And pretty much all observers have agreed that they haven't come close to playing up to their potential.

If I had to bet, I wouldn't pick Dallas to win a title this year. I would only risk my money on San Antonio or Boston. But the Mavs, Pistons and Suns all have a decent outside shot if they can get a few breaks here or there. They deserve to be in the conversation. The Lakers don't.

stretch
12-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Having a tough schedule like they have, and having played terribly by their standards, and still barely being behind San Antonio for the #1 seed in the west is pretty good. I can't wait to see how they will look when they actually get in sync, and play like they are capable of playing.

SpursDynasty
12-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Having a tough schedule like they have, and having played terribly by their standards, and still barely being behind San Antonio for the #1 seed in the west is pretty good. I can't wait to see how they will look when they actually get in sync, and play like they are capable of playing.

S.A. would be more games ahead of Dallas if we had ALL of our top 3 players these past couple of games, so don't get too excited.

S.A. would realistically have been about 20-4 or so, not 18-6, with TD, TP, and Manu all in these past games at the same time..with Dallas being 17-9. With our guys being out in some of these games, Dallas and Phoenix were both cut some breaks and allowed to catch up in the standings.

stretch
12-19-2007, 04:55 PM
S.A. would be more games ahead of Dallas if we had ALL of our top 3 players these past couple of games, so don't get too excited.

S.A. would realistically have been about 20-4 or so, not 18-6, with TD, TP, and Manu all in these past games at the same time..with Dallas being 17-9. With our guys being out in some of these games, Dallas and Phoenix were both cut some breaks and allowed to catch up in the standings.
We had a LOT more injuries to deal with than San Antonio has, so please, no injury excuses.

SpursDynasty
12-19-2007, 05:14 PM
We had a LOT more injuries to deal with than San Antonio has, so please, no injury excuses.

No injuries of the magnitude of a Tim Duncan or a Tony Parker.

stretch
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
No injuries of the magnitude of a Tim Duncan or a Tony Parker.
No. Just Devin Harris, Brandon Bass, Eddie Jones, Erick Dampier, Deaven George, Jerry Stackhouse, all around the same time period, forcing us to change our starting lineup on a nightly basis, especially at a time when we were looking for consistency out of a certain lineup.

SpursDynasty
12-19-2007, 05:29 PM
No. Just Devin Harris, Brandon Bass, Eddie Jones, Erick Dampier, Deaven George, Jerry Stackhouse, all around the same time period, forcing us to change our starting lineup on a nightly basis, especially at a time when we were looking for consistency out of a certain lineup.

Third string players

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 05:50 PM

Update: 92%

stretch
12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Third string players
Actually, 3 of them are starters (Harris, Jones, Damp), one is a 6th man (Stackhouse), another starts periodically depending on matchups and is a significant part of our rotations (Bass). Who knows how George fits in now, but last year, before getting hurt, he was a very significant part of our rotation as well, periodically getting the start depending on matchups, much like Bass does now.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 05:54 PM
That's debatable. The Lakers certainly aren't. Dallas is +4 when it comes to Road Wins/Home Losses, LA is +2. Mavs are 17-9 despite having played like total crap for large swaths of the season so far. Dallas is better than the Lakers. Period.

We really have nothing to go by to determine that. Looks like we wont face each other until January but I like the Lakers team better than Dallas. Also the Lakers have a true superstar and the Mavs do not! Means alot during crunch time!

Findog
12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
We really have nothing to go by to determine that. Looks like we wont face each other until January but I like the Lakers team better than Dallas. Also the Lakers have a true superstar and the Mavs do not! Means alot during crunch time!

Dallas has a better record against a tougher schedule. The Mavs also haven't played anywhere near up to their capability and have had to deal with injuries and a brutal schedule crunch to open the season. Nobody's disputing Kobe is better than Dirk, but Dallas has a more well-rounded team. I'm sure the Lakers will make the playoffs, but I'd be surprised if they got a top-five seed. Dallas will be in the top four at the end of the season barring injuries.

Amarelooms
12-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Lakers suck...you are all homers if you think the Lakers can beat either the Suns, Mavs or Spurs in the playoffs....

Findog
12-19-2007, 06:44 PM

Actually, San Antonio realistically should be 24-0, since it's by definition a fluke when they lose. Those other teams were just trying to shoot some shots on them. No surprises there.

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Dallas has a better record against a tougher schedule. The Mavs also haven't played anywhere near up to their capability and have had to deal with injuries and a brutal schedule crunch to open the season. Nobody's disputing Kobe is better than Dirk, but Dallas has a more well-rounded team. I'm sure the Lakers will make the playoffs, but I'd be surprised if they got a top-five seed. Dallas will be in the top four at the end of the season barring injuries.

You think? I have no ideal why you think Dallas had a tougher schedule than the lakers and I disagree with the more rounded team. The lakers come off the bench now with size, shooters and defenders. All bases are covered. Of course it will take everybody playing up to their capabilities, but I feel pretty good about them doing that this season.

lefty
12-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I really like Andrew Bynum

LakeShow
12-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Lakers suck...you are all homers if you think the Lakers can beat either the Suns, Mavs or Spurs in the playoffs....

I have no idea why people group those teams together. The Spurs are the Champs and in a league of their own in the WC. The mavs and suns have done nothing to put them on a pedestal. Sure the mavs play the Spurs tough but other than that they've had their hands full with other teams. They were the top teams last season but this is a new season and they haven't ran away from the pack as of today. Now I think the Mavs will play better as the season goes because the regular season is their forte, but Phoenix will not get any better. What you see is what you get, and that doesn't scare anybody!

LA24
12-19-2007, 07:50 PM

Perhaps not this season, but in the next year or two (if Kobe stays), we'll be contenders once again. :smokin

BonnerDynasty
12-19-2007, 07:57 PM
I hope Bynum can continue to step his game up so he can massacre the Suns in the 1st round.

SpursDynasty
12-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Actually, San Antonio realistically should be 24-0, since it's by definition a fluke when they lose. Those other teams were just trying to shoot some shots on them. No surprises there.

We're 20-4 at the very least, could very well be 22-2 though. Our only real losses, as far as I could see, were the first game to Dallas and the Golden State game. We played terrible in those two.

The other 4 losses: LA, Houston, Sacramento, and Phoenix - we just got careless with the ball, they all hit a few shots here and there and got the lucky win.

Purple & Gold
12-20-2007, 01:14 AM

Suns and Mavs are no problem for the Lakeshow. We got the Anti-Mavs in Kobe and the Anti-Suns in Bynum.

Purple & Gold
12-20-2007, 01:15 AM
I hope Bynum can continue to step his game up so he can massacre the Suns in the 1st round.

Bynum will stomp on their midget frontcourt. :elephant :elephant :elephant

Amarelooms
12-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Suns and Mavs are no problem for the Lakeshow. We got the Anti-Mavs in Kobe and the Anti-Suns in Bynum.

yeah ok...this thread has been bookmarked for playoff time :elephant

Purple & Gold
12-20-2007, 01:20 AM
yeah ok...this thread has been bookmarked for playoff time :elephant

Bookmark it, take a picture. Just don't blame the refs when it happens.

Amarelooms
12-20-2007, 01:22 AM

How many playoff series has Kobe won without Shaq? Ummmm yeah exactly :elephant

Purple & Gold
12-20-2007, 01:23 AM
How many playoff series has Kobe won without Shaq? Ummmm yeah exactly :elephant

How many rings have the Mavs won?? :oops :oops

Amarelooms
12-20-2007, 01:29 AM
How many rings have the Mavs won?? :oops :oops

Wow what a comeback...if Shaq was not on the Lakers KoME would have a big zero as well. Lakers are not good enough to win a frist round matchup let alone be any threat come playoff time...now kindly fuck off :elephant

Purple & Gold
12-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Wow what a comeback...if Shaq was not on the Lakers KoME would have a big zero as well. Lakers are not good enough to win a frist round matchup let alone be any threat come playoff time...now kindly fuck off :elephant

:sleep :sleep

Mavs lost to an eighth seed last year. And you're the one talking about first round matchups. :lol :lol

Wake me once your team accomplishes something. :elephant :elephant

TheNextGen
12-20-2007, 01:53 AM

Mavs lost to an eighth seed last year. And you're the one talking about first round matchups. :lol :lol

LOL

LakeShow
12-20-2007, 12:30 PM

Anybody who picks the mavs or suns to win in the playoffs, is definitely not all there. Dallas has a history of choking in the playoffs, why anyone thinks that will change is a mystery to me. Matchups are the key in the playoffs and the Suns best Matchup is against the Mavs because they have a problem with their top player being a liability on defense. Like mavsfan1000 said in another thread, teams with athletic PF's and/or good centers will require Dirk to play defense, that's a death sentence. They can get away with it against SA because he doesnt have to be accountable on defense but against the Lakers he has to guard Lamar and help in the paint since Damp would have his hands full with Bynum. The mavs wont be able to defend Kobe with 4 players ignoring everyone else anymore like they did in the past after the 62 in 3 quarters by KB. GS would beat the mavs again and should be considered the better team. The mavs best chance of advancing in the playoffs is against 1. Utah, You can put dirk on okur, his game is similiar to Dirk's. He won't mix it up either. 2. SA, is a good matchup with them because of Elson and Bowen on offense.

Phoenix - great regular season run and gun team. Very exciting and fun to watch when they're making shots but they can not defend the basket and will have to win in a slower game in the playoffs. That's where they'll fail and miss a low post defender. They will be pounded in the paint by the bigger teams in the league, SA and LA. Dallas, GS and Denver are good first round matchups for them where they should be able to advance.

I like the Lakers chances against both of those teams.

Amarelooms
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Anybody who picks the mavs or suns to win in the playoffs, is definitely not all there. Dallas has a history of choking in the playoffs, why anyone thinks that will change is a mystery to me. Matchups are the key in the playoffs and the Suns best Matchup is against the Mavs because they have a problem with their top player being a liability on defense. Like mavsfan1000 said in another thread, teams with athletic PF's and/or good centers will require Dirk to play defense, that's a death sentence. They can get away with it against SA because he doesnt have to be accountable on defense but against the Lakers he has to guard Lamar and help in the paint since Damp would have his hands full with Bynum. The mavs wont be able to defend Kobe with 4 players ignoring everyone else anymore like they did in the past after the 62 in 3 quarters by KB. GS would beat the mavs again and should be considered the better team. The mavs best chance of advancing in the playoffs is against 1. Utah, You can put dirk on okur, his game is similiar to Dirk's. He won't mix it up either. 2. SA, is a good matchup with them because of Elson and Bowen on offense.

Phoenix - great regular season run and gun team. Very exciting and fun to watch when they're making shots but they can not defend the basket and will have to win in a slower game in the playoffs. That's where they'll fail and miss a low post defender. They will be pounded in the paint by the bigger teams in the league, SA and LA. Dallas, GS and Denver are good first round matchups for them where they should be able to advance.

I like the Lakers chances against both of those teams.

Ummm havent the Suns knocked yall out the past 2 years? What a bunch on dumb fucks on here....Raja Bell can actually check KoME pretty well from what i recall. Laker homers are the worst on here....shit team but now they gonna win it all :elephant

stretch
12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Anybody who picks the mavs or suns to win in the playoffs, is definitely not all there. Dallas has a history of choking in the playoffs, why anyone thinks that will change is a mystery to me.
People thought the Spurs were chokers at one time too... and Michael's Bulls... look how those two teams turned out.

LakeShow
12-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Ummm havent the Suns knocked yall out the past 2 years? What a bunch on dumb fucks on here....Raja Bell can actually check KoME pretty well from what i recall. Laker homers are the worst on here....shit team but now they gonna win it all :elephant

Dumbass mavs fan. Raja has nothing to do with guarding the paint. Kobe owns Dallas, is what i said.

LakeShow
12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
People thought the Spurs were chokers at one time too... and Michael's Bulls... look how those two teams turned out.

True, but the Spurs have Duncan and the Bulls had MJ, who does the Mavs have? Dirk?? I don't think so...

stretch
12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
True, but the Spurs have Duncan and the Bulls had MJ, who does the Mavs have? Dirk?? I don't think so...
People thought MJ was a choker too...

LakeShow
12-20-2007, 01:06 PM
People thought MJ was a choker too...

I never thought that, even when the bulls were not winning jordan did his thing. I honestly do not recall ever saying or hear anyone else say that Jordan was a choker. Doesn't mean it was not said, but not by anyone I know.

LEONARD
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM

Nobody can be THIS fucking dumb...

Findog
12-22-2007, 12:12 AM
You think? I have no ideal why you think Dallas had a tougher schedule than the lakers .

Tonight marks our 19th game in 32 days. We haven't had two consecutive days off in forever. Can the Lakers say the same?

NBA Junkie
12-22-2007, 04:38 AM
The Lakers are a losing streak away before Kobe wants to be traded out...again!

LakeShow
12-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Tonight marks our 19th game in 32 days. We haven't had two consecutive days off in forever. Can the Lakers say the same?

Nope

LakeShow
12-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Recognize!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

:fro

LakeShow
12-25-2007, 11:20 PM
LAKERS 122, SUNS 115

Suns can't stop Lakers' Bryant or Bynum

Kobe scores 26 of his game-high 38 points in second half and the young center has a career-high 28 points in a 122-115 victory over Phoenix.

From the Associated Press
5:15 PM PST, December 25, 2007

Kobe Bryant asked to be traded last spring in part because he wanted to play for a team that could contend for a championship. He just might have gotten his wish by staying put.

Bryant scored 26 of his 38 points in the second half, Andrew Bynum had a career-high 28 points to go with 12 rebounds and a season-high four assists, and the Lakers beat the Phoenix Suns, 122-115, today at Staples Center for their ninth win in 11 games.

The victory lifted the Lakers (18-10) to a season-high eight games over .500 and within one game of the Pacific Division-leading Suns (19-9), who lost for the fifth time in eight games.

Bryant, who complained about a lack of talent around him, has gotten plenty of help recently, especially from the 20-year-old Bynum, who shot 11-of-13 in outplaying Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire.

Bynum left to a roar of approval from the Staples Center crowd of 18,997 and a hand-slap from Bryant with 11.5 seconds to play.

Derek Fisher added 19 points, Lamar Odom had 15 points and 14 rebounds, and Trevor Ariza scored 14 points in his first start since being acquired from Orlando last month.

Steve Nash led the Suns with 24 points and 14 assists. Six of his teammates scored in double figures including Stoudemire, who had 19 points but only six rebounds, Shawn Marion, who had 15 points and 10 rebounds, Raja Bell, who also scored 15, and Grant Hill, who added 14.

The game was the first between the teams since the Lakers stunned the Suns 119-98 in Phoenix on Nov. 2. Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson angered Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni when he called a timeout right after the Suns called one, with 4:55 to play and the outcome already decided.

Jackson said after that game that he was just getting a mandatory timeout out of the way.

"It's not a big deal," D'Antoni said before this game, citing his team's poor play as the main reason for his short fuse.

"That's the whole crux of it," D'Antoni said before adding: "I can live without being in his good graces. I'm sure he can live with not being in mine."

The Suns eliminated the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs the past two years.

Bryant, who became the youngest player ever to reach 20,000 career points Sunday in New York, moved past Tom Chambers into 30th place on the career list with his 31st point of this game, which came on a corkscrew jumper that gave the Lakers a 102-95 lead.

Neither team led by more than seven points until Bryant made a jumper and two free throws, giving the Lakers a 110-100 lead with 4:21 remaining. The Suns didn't pose a serious threat after that.

Neither team led by more than five points during the third quarter, which ended with the Lakers on top 92-89. Bryant scored 15 points in the period, capping his effort by making a 3-pointer with 33.3 seconds to play and a reverse dunk with 3.4 seconds left.

With Bryant on the bench, Bynum scored five points during a 9-0 run that gave the Lakers a 37-30 lead. Fisher scored 13 points in a 41/2-minute span late in the second quarter to help the Lakers stay on top, but eight points by Nash in the final 1:41 of the period enabled the Suns to tie the game 62-all at halftime.

vicphoenix
12-26-2007, 02:57 AM
Go ahead and dismiss the Suns. Its all about the playoffs. Lakers fans claiming superiority should know better.

m33p0
12-26-2007, 08:02 AM

:lmao

Purple & Gold
12-26-2007, 04:23 PM
LAKERS 122, SUNS 115

Suns can't stop Lakers' Bryant or Bynum

Kobe scores 26 of his game-high 38 points in second half and the young center has a career-high 28 points in a 122-115 victory over Phoenix.

From the Associated Press
5:15 PM PST, December 25, 2007

Kobe Bryant asked to be traded last spring in part because he wanted to play for a team that could contend for a championship. He just might have gotten his wish by staying put.

Bryant scored 26 of his 38 points in the second half, Andrew Bynum had a career-high 28 points to go with 12 rebounds and a season-high four assists, and the Lakers beat the Phoenix Suns, 122-115, today at Staples Center for their ninth win in 11 games.

The victory lifted the Lakers (18-10) to a season-high eight games over .500 and within one game of the Pacific Division-leading Suns (19-9), who lost for the fifth time in eight games.

Bryant, who complained about a lack of talent around him, has gotten plenty of help recently, especially from the 20-year-old Bynum, who shot 11-of-13 in outplaying Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire.

Bynum left to a roar of approval from the Staples Center crowd of 18,997 and a hand-slap from Bryant with 11.5 seconds to play.

Derek Fisher added 19 points, Lamar Odom had 15 points and 14 rebounds, and Trevor Ariza scored 14 points in his first start since being acquired from Orlando last month.

Steve Nash led the Suns with 24 points and 14 assists. Six of his teammates scored in double figures including Stoudemire, who had 19 points but only six rebounds, Shawn Marion, who had 15 points and 10 rebounds, Raja Bell, who also scored 15, and Grant Hill, who added 14.

The game was the first between the teams since the Lakers stunned the Suns 119-98 in Phoenix on Nov. 2. Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson angered Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni when he called a timeout right after the Suns called one, with 4:55 to play and the outcome already decided.

Jackson said after that game that he was just getting a mandatory timeout out of the way.

"It's not a big deal," D'Antoni said before this game, citing his team's poor play as the main reason for his short fuse.

"That's the whole crux of it," D'Antoni said before adding: "I can live without being in his good graces. I'm sure he can live with not being in mine."

The Suns eliminated the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs the past two years.

Bryant, who became the youngest player ever to reach 20,000 career points Sunday in New York, moved past Tom Chambers into 30th place on the career list with his 31st point of this game, which came on a corkscrew jumper that gave the Lakers a 102-95 lead.

Neither team led by more than seven points until Bryant made a jumper and two free throws, giving the Lakers a 110-100 lead with 4:21 remaining. The Suns didn't pose a serious threat after that.

Neither team led by more than five points during the third quarter, which ended with the Lakers on top 92-89. Bryant scored 15 points in the period, capping his effort by making a 3-pointer with 33.3 seconds to play and a reverse dunk with 3.4 seconds left.

With Bryant on the bench, Bynum scored five points during a 9-0 run that gave the Lakers a 37-30 lead. Fisher scored 13 points in a 41/2-minute span late in the second quarter to help the Lakers stay on top, but eight points by Nash in the final 1:41 of the period enabled the Suns to tie the game 62-all at halftime.

:clap :clap :clap

Purple & Gold
12-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Go ahead and dismiss the Suns. Its all about the playoffs. Lakers fans claiming superiority should know better.

Ohhh that's right I forgot how successful the Suns have been in the playoffs. Remind me how many Championships you guys have.

Purple & Gold
12-26-2007, 04:28 PM

:oops :oops :oops

Amare sure loomed all over the Lakers. :lol :lol :lol

LakeShow
12-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Ohhh that's right I forgot how successful the Suns have been in the playoffs. Remind me how many Championships you guys have.

That's what I'm talking about, who do the Suns think they are? I sure don't know of any dominating Suns team, ever! Just wait till the playoffs, we aren't playing good, blah, blah, blah. They can't face the fact that the lakers are better. We smoked them in Phoenix, beat them in LA with 2 starters out. The Lakers can run with them or post them up. In the playoffs, we really separate ourselves from them. It's a slow pace game then and we have all the tools to beat them. If the Suns do not add a player or make a trade, I am very confident that the Lakers can beat them!

LakeShow
12-27-2007, 12:46 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-431/Boxing-Day-Bullets.html

The Phoenix Suns have dropped five of eight, and the reason may be a harbinger of future playoff problems -- the Suns can't stop big men. Andrew Bynum had a career high 28 for the Lakers on Christmas. Two nights earlier Chris Bosh put up 42 (his career high). The scoring machine that is Erick Dampier had eight points in the first seven minutes against the Suns. Tim Duncan's back isn't right and he had 36. Shaq had his best game in a month. Al Jefferson put up 32 points. This past off-season, the Suns were true to their style and got smaller -- Kurt Thomas was out and Grant Hill was in. The Suns offense is still potent and Hill brings a nice mid-range game, but they can't seem to defend the paint. Don't you need to do that in the playoffs?

LakeShow
01-08-2008, 11:24 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep8jan08,1,5406505.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers&ctrack=2&cset=true

LAKERS REPORT
Lakers' small-forward position gets overlooked

Andy Lyons / Getty Images

Walton has been limited because of ankle problems that kept him sidelined four games.
With the rest of the starting lineup getting notice around the league, Luke Walton and Trevor Ariza share time and play based on strengths.

By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
January 8, 2008

A few minutes after the Lakers finished drubbing Indiana on Sunday for the second time this season, Pacers Coach Jim O'Brien was asked what made the Lakers' starting unit difficult to defend.

His answer, though complimentary, left one thing missing -- a small forward.

Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom are what make "their starting lineup so difficult to guard," he said Sunday.

The Lakers' small-forward position is often overlooked this season, with Luke Walton starting most recently in place of Trevor Ariza.

Walton seemed to rediscover part of his game in the Lakers' 112-96 victory over Indiana. He had 10 points, seven assists and four rebounds, while making both of his three-point attempts. He scored his final point on a free throw in the last minute of play, which moved the Lakers to 7-0 when all five starters score in double figures.

Walton, who signed a six-year, $30-million contract in July to stay with the Lakers, had been limited because of ankle problems that kept him sidelined four games.

"He's really coming back off an injury that is limiting him to what he can do," Coach Phil Jackson said. "We have him out there because he's know- ledgeable about what we do and keeps everybody fluid in the offense."

Just the same, Jackson said he would keep an open mind at small forward on a game-by-game basis. In fact, there might be a new starter tonight.

"I'm tempted to start [Ariza] against Memphis because Rudy Gay is such an athlete and is playing at a high level right now," Jackson said. "Trevor might have more knowledge of him than Luke."

Ariza is considered more of a defensive-minded player, while Walton has a passer's touch and a more dependable outside shot.

Walton, who started 14 of the 28 games he had played, tilted toward staying in the starting lineup.

"When [Jackson] was playing me off the bench, I don't think I was being as productive as I am when I was starting," he said. "I like both the roles, so whatever he wants to do with me, I'm all for it."

After watching Bynum average 20 points and 11.5 rebounds in two games against Indiana, O'Brien praised the Lakers' front office for not trading the center during the off-season.

Indiana wanted Bynum and Odom for six-time All-Star Jermaine O'Neal, but the Lakers declined the offer.

"My hat is off to Mitch Kupchak for not making a move," O'Brien said. "He saw what he had. [Bynum] is just a terrific talent and a huge presence inside. . . . He seemed like he's 8 feet tall to me. His development is a credit to him, their staff and the whole organization."

The goal for the Lakers' quick trip to Memphis and New Orleans? Win one for sure, but be in position to take two. "You want to go out and win a ballgame on this road trip and you want to be able to challenge for both," Jackson said.

resistanze
01-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Derek Fisher: 26 Pts on 10-11 shooting, 5-5 from 3pt!

LakeShow
01-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Derek Fisher: 26 Pts on 10-11 shooting, 5-5 from 3pt!

Nice wasn't it? Fisher and Bynum's improved play is the difference for the Lakers this season.