PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Stackhouse says...

Amuseddaysleeper
11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
"We definitely respect San Antonio, but I don't think as much as (others) do," Mavs reserve Jerry Stackhouse said. "Still, they've got the hardware and we don't."

ouch.

Walter Craparita
11-16-2007, 12:11 AM
So Easy a Stackhouse can do it.

Solid D
"but I don't think as much as (others) do"

:lol No truer words were ever spoken.

Amuseddaysleeper
:lol

E20
11-16-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't even know what to make out of this. Stack looks like the caveman from the Geico commericals, apparently he speaks like one too.

word
11-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Was it just me or was Mark Cuban looking awfully pale tonight ? Almost sickly.

Leetonidas
11-16-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure how to take that. Does he mean he respects us but not as much as other teams/players do?

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Was it just me or was Mark Cuban looking awfully pale tonight ? Almost sickly.

Coke. Without a doubt.

Findog
11-16-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure how to take that. Does he mean he respects us but not as much as other teams/players do?

I think it came out wrong. It would make a lot more sense if he had said they don't fear the Spurs the way other teams do. I'm sure they respect the hell out of the defending champs.

Josh810
11-16-2007, 12:47 AM
"I don't think as much as (others) do..."

I think this alone makes more sense.

SpursDynasty
11-16-2007, 03:45 AM
They don't have rings but certainly the Spurs number big time!!!!

If only there were a trophy for "having a team's number".

Beno Udrih
11-16-2007, 04:14 AM
:lol You're so lame.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-16-2007, 04:21 AM
oops nevermind. edit.
I guess it's a misquote or he mumbled it, because ESPN's daily dime, quoted him as saying

"We definitely respect San Antonio," Stackhouse says, "but [not] as much as y'all do."

which seems more likely

and then another Jerry Stackhouse quote, after the game.

"For all of the people who think we aren't in the mix, it was just a reminder that we're an elite team in the West," he said still scowling as he placed a fat diamond in his earlobe.

"They've got the proof because they have a championship, but in the back of their mind, they know they didn't go through us to get it."

Oohhh, big man!

703 Spurz
11-16-2007, 08:19 AM

They do don't they?

0 < 4

They sure have our number

ArgSpursFan.
11-16-2007, 08:29 AM
, they've got the hardware and we don't."

that's what really counts.keep thinking about that every day of your championshipless life stack.

1Parker1
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
I actually agree with him. Every single other team in the league in their post game comments about the SPurs throughout the years, whether they've won or lost has always been positive about the Spurs. Mavs players have been saying this ever since the infamous 2006 playoffs where they got bailed out by the refs to beat the Spurs....they seem to think the Spurs are nothing more than an average Western Conference team. Forgetting the fact they have 4 rings and aside from 2006, they've beaten out the Mavs in every playoff.

Jimcs50
11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
That is because Dallas owns SA in head to head the last 2 years.(6-10)

Have to face the facts...SA is Dallas' bitch.

BUMP
11-16-2007, 09:04 AM
they've beaten out the Mavs in every playoff.
in 2003 and in 1999. those times are over. we own you now. get used to it :smokin

George Gervin's Afro
11-16-2007, 09:07 AM
in 2003 and in 1999. those times are over. we own you now. get used to it :smokin

:sleep

1Parker1
11-16-2007, 09:08 AM

The other years someone else outed your before the Spurs could. That's not exactly something to be proud of. :lol

spursfan09
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Ok so Dallas was built to beat the Spurs. Too bad they weren't built to take out the Warriors or the Heat. True champions can adjust to any team during any game and beat them.

stretch
11-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Ok so Dallas was built to beat the Spurs. Too bad they weren't built to take out the Warriors or the Heat. True champions can adjust to any team during any game and beat them.
The Spurs didn't adjust to the Mavs in 2006.

spurs1990
11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
After the Spurs performance last night, how can anyone not feel the same way.

spursfan09
11-16-2007, 09:31 AM

Yeah and? They Spurs weren't champs that year. And if the Mavs were meant to be champs that year they would of taken out the Heat after they adjusted.

MoSpur
11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Stackhouse is bitter.

thispego
11-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Stackhouse is bitter.
very.
talks like a guy who always thought he'd win a championship but sees his window closing rapidly.

If you don't get it done this year, stack, its over

sprrs
11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
"They've got the proof because they have a championship, but in the back of their mind, they know they didn't go through us to get it."

So if the Mavs win the trophy this year, they're gonna know in the back of their minds that they didn't have to go through the Warriors to get it?

I don't really see any respect at all in Stackhouse.

MoSpur
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Those type of comments makes me dislike this dude even more. Not like he cares, but anyways. I can't stand him, Terry, Howard, and Harris.

Findog
11-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I just heard the quote on a podcast. He's definitely talking about the media, not other players or teams.

DubMcDub
11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
So if the Mavs win the trophy this year, they're gonna know in the back of their minds that they didn't have to go through the Warriors to get it?

I don't really see any respect at all in Stackhouse.

Fuck ya, if the Mavs get a title and didn't have to beat the W's they will be glad they avoided them.

It's not like any Mavs fan is going to deny that the Warriors have/have had our number. It's funny to see Spurs fans who deny the same thing about the Mavs

sprrs
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Fuck ya, if the Mavs get a title and didn't have to beat the W's they will be glad they avoided them.

It's not like any Mavs fan is going to deny that the Warriors have/have had our number. It's funny to see Spurs fans who deny the same thing about the Mavs

I'm not saying they don't. Stackhouse just seems to forget that there's a team that does the same to the Mavs. It borders on hypocrisy.

DubMcDub
11-16-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm not saying they don't. Stackhouse just seems to forget that there's a team that does the same to the Mavs. It borders on hypocrisy.

Perhaps. I can see it that way as well. But let's not go too far down the "hypocrisy" road. Many of your peers here pretty much embody the word.

Dallas MFFL
11-16-2007, 01:57 PM
I would like to say that before any SPURs fan post anything about jerry and the MAVs that you get the right quotes. Please don't show your ignorance. Here is the actual quote.

“We don’t get surprised when we beat anybody,” Jerry Stackhouse said. “We surprised when we lose. We definitely respect San Antonio, but we don’t hold them with as much respect as ya’ll do. They’re the champions to ya’ll. We didn’t get to compete against them last year.”

Stackhouse wasn’t ranting. And he did remind those with cameras, recorders and notebooks that the Spurs own the “hardware.” Stackhouse and the rest of the Mavs made the point of not getting carried away with a November win.

There was no disrespecting, just facts. and He is right, SPURS did not get to compete against the MAVS.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 01:59 PM
They’re the champions to ya’ll

The Mavs don't see them as champs?

I get the whole "didn't get to compete against them" thing but for some reason, he and some Mavs fans seem to think that fact somehow is supposed to lessen the Spurs accomplishment. I would disagree with that.

DubMcDub
11-16-2007, 02:02 PM
The Mavs don't see them as champs?

I get the whole "didn't get to compete against them" thing but for some reason, he and some Mavs fans seem to think that fact somehow is supposed to lessen the Spurs accomplishment. I would disagree with that.

Stack has a good point. It's not that the Spurs aren't the champs. It's that he knows the Mavs are pretty much the only team that can beat them in a series. They would have had a good chance last year, and they have probably an even better chance this year. That said, Mavs lost the right to discuss beating the Spurs in the playoffs last year when they lost to GS.

But Stackhouse's general point is pretty relevant when you consider that the odds of SA and Dallas meeting in the playoffs this year is about 50x more likely than the odds of Dallas and GS meeting.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Stack has a good point. It's not that the Spurs aren't the champs. It's that he knows the Mavs are pretty much the only team that can beat them in a series. They would have had a good chance last year, and they have probably an even better chance this year.

That said, Mavs lost the right to discuss beating the Spurs in the playoffs last year when they lost to GS. But Stackhouse's general point is pretty relevant when you consider that the odds of SA and Dallas meeting in the playoffs this year is about 50x more likely than the odds of Dallas and GS meeting.

Agreed. Dallas proved they can get the job done and right now have the upper hand.

I would like to see both fan bases live in the now instead of what has already happened....sadly too many (not all) on both sides can't or won't.

thispego
11-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I would like to say that before any SPURs fan post anything about jerry and the MAVs that you get the right quotes. Please don't show your ignorance. Here is the actual quote.

“We don’t get surprised when we beat anybody,” Jerry Stackhouse said. “We surprised when we lose. We definitely respect San Antonio, but we don’t hold them with as much respect as ya’ll do. They’re the champions to ya’ll. We didn’t get to compete against them last year.”

Stackhouse wasn’t ranting. And he did remind those with cameras, recorders and notebooks that the Spurs own the “hardware.” Stackhouse and the rest of the Mavs made the point of not getting carried away with a November win.

There was no disrespecting, just facts. and He is right, SPURS did not get to compete against the MAVS.
hahahahaahahah, you didnt make your case any better. so does stack think that the mavs were the defending champs and we didnt beat them? we didnt have to go through miami either, we're not the defending champs in south beach either? god stackhouse is an idiot, and with a guy like that on your team?... dont expect to ever go all the way

DubMcDub
11-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Agreed. Dallas proved they can get the job done and right now have the upper hand.

I would like to see both fan bases live in the now instead of what has already happened....sadly too many (not all) on both sides can't or won't.

I agree 100% on this one. Sadly, discussions inevitably get drawn to issues of the past. I am guilty of it as well.

What eludes me is the rationale behind the attitude of some (clearly not including you) Spurs fans that, right after a Mavericks win over the Spurs (hell, even in the same night), any Mavericks fan gives a damn as to how many championships the Spurs have.

It is awesome, truly commendable, how successful the Spurs have been. I say that without sarcasm or agenda. In terms of overall success over the past decade, they have so far outpaced the Mavs, and really the rest of the league, that it's not even funny.

But sports are about the here and now. I'm a fan of two teams in other sports that have won championships recently. But when those teams of mine lose to a rival, I don't feel any consolation in reminding the rivals fans as to how many championships my team has. Because, at that moment, they dont' care--and why would they?

Dallas MFFL
11-16-2007, 02:41 PM

Done, Period next forum!!!! samikeyp, its good to know that there are smart fans still around. Very good post.

Ocotillo
11-16-2007, 02:43 PM
November championships. Whoopty damn doo............

Everyone hates the king, whether it's Phoenix fan whining about "the suspension" or Mav fan whining about whatever they whine about.

sprrs
11-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Perhaps. I can see it that way as well. But let's not go too far down the "hypocrisy" road. Many of your peers here pretty much embody the word.

Good point. I didn't really wanna use that word but it was the only one I could think of at the moment :sleep

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 02:57 PM

Still whining, I see.

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree 100% on this one. Sadly, discussions inevitably get drawn to issues of the past. I am guilty of it as well.

What eludes me is the rationale behind the attitude of some (clearly not including you) Spurs fans that, right after a Mavericks win over the Spurs (hell, even in the same night), any Mavericks fan gives a damn as to how many championships the Spurs have.

It is awesome, truly commendable, how successful the Spurs have been. I say that without sarcasm or agenda. In terms of overall success over the past decade, they have so far outpaced the Mavs, and really the rest of the league, that it's not even funny.

But sports are about the here and now. I'm a fan of two teams in other sports that have won championships recently. But when those teams of mine lose to a rival, I don't feel any consolation in reminding the rivals fans as to how many championships my team has. Because, at that moment, they dont' care--and why would they?

Sure, Mav fan doesn't care, he only shows up looking for validation and whines when he doesn't get it. Your beef is frankly pretty fucking stupid.

bresilhac
11-16-2007, 03:06 PM

That's pathetic if that's all you have to hang your hat on. How many Titles has Dallas won since beating the Spurs in 2006? My point precisely.

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 03:08 PM
That's pathetic if that's all you have to hang your hat on. How many Titles has Dallas won since beating the Spurs in 2006? My point precisely.

Spurs fans are barred from referencing the past (ie June 07) and yet, Mav fan is allowed. Amazing.

Harry Callahan
11-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I read the quote from MFFL's post. So, Stackhouse says the Spurs are champions to y'all (the media but not to him). In his mind he does not respect the SAS as much. After all, the SAS did not play the Mavericks in the playoffs in '07. What arrogance from this complete tool!

I am sick and tired of Craphouse making these types of comments the last two or three years. He and his soft, gutless teammates yakked up a 2-0 lead in the finals against a clearly inferior opponent (Miami) in '06 after getting a free pass to the finals via injuries (Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Stoudemire) and piss poor officiating (games 3 and 4 of the WCSF - we all know what I'm talking about). The 2007 GSW series was a complete, monumental disaster. I think Miami and GS are a combined 1-16 this year. NICE!

The great Mavies have made NBA history just like the 1977 Philadelphia 76ers (vastly more talented team blows a 2-0 finals lead) and the 1994 Seattle Supersonics (60 win 1st seed team losing to an 8th seed). Those are two awesome accomplishments to be proud of and is worthy of respect from us isn't it? Jerry needs to shut up, play, and win an NBA championship before he talks about the subject of RESPECT - the SAS have earned a million times more respect than the Mavies because they produce in the clutch (PLAYOFFS) much more often than not.

PS everyone, the Mavericks were so proud of their cherished 2006 WC championship they refused to unveil their banner in the presence of the Spurs at their first home game last year. (That never happens). They waited for a better opponent - the Golden State Warriors. That worked out great, didn't it. Karma is a wonderful thing. :devil

daslicer
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't ever take Crackhouse's comments seriously. The guy has always been idiot since the day he put on a UNC jersey. This is the same dude during his rookie season that felt MJ and the bulls(72 win team) were overatted and said that MJ wasn't as good of a player as he was. He ended up getting lit up for 48 points in that game. The guy will continue to talke sh1t until the spurs can take him out but I wouldn't take him seriously.

samikeyp
11-16-2007, 03:44 PM
He ended up getting lit up for 48 points in that game.

Actually, I think it was 50. :lol

I remember the story behind that. Stack had said that Jordan had lost a step and wasn't what he once was. Apparently Dean Smith had heard those comments and called MJ and said "Tarheels don't do that to fellow Tarheels".

The rest is history.

jag
11-16-2007, 03:55 PM
If only there were a trophy for "having a team's number".
:lmao

DubMcDub
11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Sure, Mav fan doesn't care, he only shows up looking for validation and whines when he doesn't get it. Your beef is frankly pretty fucking stupid.

Desperately wanting validation is being a fan of a team with 4 championships and still being concerned with what the poor old Mavericks and their fans do. :lol

Tell me, if the Spurs win the next 5 in titles in a row, will you still be like that? At what number does the insecurity fade?

Holt's Cat
11-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Responding to posts in threads on a Spurs fan forum doesn't exactly constitute insecurity.

Insecurity is trolling the fan forum of another team seeking respect for your team.

DubMcDub
11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Responding to posts in threads on a Spurs fan forum doesn't exactly constitute insecurity.

Insecurity is trolling the fan forum of another team seeking respect for your team.

Sure it does. If my team had 4 championships, I wouldn't give two shits about what fans of another team had to say. You do. And it's sad.

Please, though, do carry on about insecurity, and validation, and all that. I've always been irony's biggest fan.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Stackhouse is jealous of the Spurs as is every other Mavs player,owner,coaching staff and fan. He is right with what he said in terms of us having the best chance against them in a series but he is still envious. They (anyone Mavs related) may not try to show it on the outside but deep down of course we are all envious of the Spurs. Do we wish we had any of the success the Spurs have had in the last decade? Hell yes we do.