PDA

View Full Version : Why do SA natives have such an Inferiority Complex?

NEW IN SA
06-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Why do SA natives have such an Inferiority Complex?

Darkwaters
06-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Awesome first post.

George Gervin's Afro
06-18-2007, 11:31 AM

Since you have picked up on it already why don't you tell us?

AFBlue
06-18-2007, 11:33 AM
For what it's worth....

My first post was FAR SUPERIOR to yours!

NEW IN SA
06-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Since you have picked up on it already why don't you tell us?

I really don't understand it. You have what every city wants but you still have a chip on your shoulders.

spurscenter
06-18-2007, 11:34 AM
and ur a laker fan with Kobe Bryant telling us we have a Inferiority Complex?

lebomb
06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I really don't understand it. You have what every city wants but you still have a chip on your shoulders.

I can tell you why

STFU!!! .........THERE :flipoff

NEW IN SA
06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
and ur a laker fan with Kobe Bryant telling us we have a Inferiority Complex?

Never mind.

Congratulations on your 4th Title.

Go Spurs GO

Avitus1
06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7084/shaqfinger9rx9hc.jpg

samikeyp
06-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Maybe you can explain.

I am a native San Antonian and I don't have an inferiorty complex.

Or did you mean some and not all as you implied.

Findog
06-18-2007, 11:51 AM
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7084/shaqfinger9rx9hc.jpg

Is that a photoshop or did he really flip off the camera?

BlackFlagg
06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm a San Antonio native and I know I'm the bomb. :lol :lol :lol :lol

fatsack
06-18-2007, 11:54 AM

good Mexican food?

:downspin:

Melmart1
06-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Something tells me that this person is not only NOT 'new to sa' but also not a Lakers fan...

Avitus1
06-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Is that a photoshop or did he really flip off the camera?

Dont know......

ChumpDumper
06-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Why are you such a dick?

CosmicCowboy
06-18-2007, 12:08 PM
I am a native of San Antonio and don't have an inferiority complex. In fact, I am frequently told in here that I am an arrogant prick....:lol

Sweetey
06-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Something tells me that this person is not only NOT 'new to sa' but also not a Lakers fan...
Sounds like a Sons' fan to me. Seems to know ALL about chips on one's shoulder !!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Findog
06-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Dont know......

His middle finger is almost as disturbing as Timmy's thumbs:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1181/565625951_774995c5d3_o.jpg

What the hell are those things?

I know the parent poster is a troll, but one thing I've picked up on is that in the immediate aftermath of winning the fourth, there were tons of anti-Mavs threads. Aren't we just as irrelevant as the other 29 teams? There's no comparison of the two franchises, one is vastly more successful than the other. And personally, I didn't watch a minute of the Spurs-Nugs series, but after we beat GS in G2, AggieHoopsfan and TPark started a thread wailing and screaming about the officiating in that game. For all of the talk about us being envious of you guys, you're watching our games, you're screaming about us, you intertwine celebrating with sore winnerism directed at us when we're just like the other 29 teams that came up short. I'm guessing that that's not a Spurs-Mavs thing but a Dallas-San Antonio thing...which is honestly befuddling to me, because the Mavs are pretty much the only thing about Dallas that I like, whereas San Antonio is 70 miles south of Austin and in the heart of the Hill Country.

spursfan09
06-18-2007, 12:28 PM
I know the parent poster is a troll, but one thing I've picked up on is that in the immediate aftermath of winning the fourth, there were tons of anti-Mavs threads. Aren't we just as irrelevant as the other 29 teams? .

Ok but come on, you know Mavs fans were in here rubbing it in our faces about how they beat us and all season long Mav fans were in here bragging about thier 67 win season and how they were gonna take it this year. But then the Mavs lost in the first round and the Spurs ended up winning it. Ofcourse people are gonna throw it back in the Mavs and thier fans faces.

ShoogarBear
06-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I know the parent poster is a troll, but one thing I've picked up on is that in the immediate aftermath of winning the fourth, there were tons of anti-Mavs threads. Aren't we just as irrelevant as the other 29 teams? There's no comparison of the two franchises, one is vastly more successful than the other. And personally, I didn't watch a minute of the Spurs-Nugs series, but after we beat GS in G2, AggieHoopsfan and TPark started a thread wailing and screaming about the officiating in that game. For all of the talk about us being envious of you guys, you're watching our games, you're screaming about us, you intertwine celebrating with sore winnerism directed at us when we're just like the other 29 teams that came up short. I'm guessing that that's not a Spurs-Mavs thing but a Dallas-San Antonio thing...which is honestly befuddling to me, because the Mavs are pretty much the only thing about Dallas that I like, whereas San Antonio is 70 miles south of Austin and in the heart of the Hill Country.Were you here last year after the Mavs-Spurs series?

This is called having the last laugh.

And yes, none of this would be even close to what it is if the Mavs played in Kansas City.

Clutch20
06-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Got it.

[Why] [do] [SA] [natives] [have] [such] [an] [Inferiority] [Complex]

It's written in code, an obscure, fairly twisted combination code from the southwestern tribes of the Phoenixicacan and western pacific tribes of the Kobequitins and the nomadic Cavahachies.

It's really simple, once you cross correlate the english alphabetic/numeric assignations to the emotional expressive phonotactics, and I don't know why I didn't see it at first, maybe because of postplayoff syndrome?

[Why] This is a generic max lexical greeting opener also utilized quite extensively by the central ESPNahuachas which communicates a high level of irritation upon it's use. A high 90% correlation to the letters I -W-A-N-T T-O K-N-O-W

[do] an additive, correlating to the letters I -AL-R-E-A-D-Y- K-N-O-W

[SA] this one was a tough one, a two letter regional practice of a sound emitted through the teeth when one incurs a loss, usually a big loss.

[natives] this one is reallllyyy cryptic, meant to mislead but matches up 77% with the letters L-E-S-S- T-H-A-N- W-O-R-T-H-Y, (perhaps this is the main thrust of the message)

[have] not a problem, here are the letters that match up; M-E- W-A-N-T

[SUCH] letter matchups -D-I-R-T-Y-, B-O-R-I-N-G (take your pick, they're 50/50 correlated)

[an] coded ancillary, it matches up best with these letters -C-H-E-A-P -H-I-T -F-L-A-G-R-A-N-T

[Inferiority] Aha, you've got to go to the Phoenixicacans for this one, here are the alphabetic matchups; T-H-I-E-V-E-S- R-O-B-B-I-N-G- S-T-E-A-L-I-N-G T-A-K-I-N-G

[Complex] this one is a high correlation, 99%, to the following letters; T-W-E-L-V-E M-O-O-N-S F-R-O-M N-O-W P-R-O-T-E-C-T Y-O-U-R W-I-K-I-U-P-S P-R-O-T-E-C-T Y-O-U-R M-A-I-D-E-N-S

I apologize for the Phoenixicacans translation, their coding is quite complex and serpentine. :spin

Lonestar
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
sore winnerism

I once hooked up with a girl at a concert and woke up the next day with a Sore Weinerism.

Dave McNulla
06-18-2007, 02:22 PM
i think they do. i think it could appear that way because they have to deal with people like you on a regular basis. if half the people you met asked why you have a drinking problem, asked why don't you do something about your drinking problme, said you gotta do something about that drinking problem, etc., your response would sound exactly like somebody who is in denial about their drinking problem... even if you never drink.

41times
06-18-2007, 03:31 PM
His middle finger is almost as disturbing as Timmy's thumbs:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1181/565625951_774995c5d3_o.jpg

What the hell are those things?

I know the parent poster is a troll, but one thing I've picked up on is that in the immediate aftermath of winning the fourth, there were tons of anti-Mavs threads. Aren't we just as irrelevant as the other 29 teams? There's no comparison of the two franchises, one is vastly more successful than the other. And personally, I didn't watch a minute of the Spurs-Nugs series, but after we beat GS in G2, AggieHoopsfan and TPark started a thread wailing and screaming about the officiating in that game. For all of the talk about us being envious of you guys, you're watching our games, you're screaming about us, you intertwine celebrating with sore winnerism directed at us when we're just like the other 29 teams that came up short. I'm guessing that that's not a Spurs-Mavs thing but a Dallas-San Antonio thing...which is honestly befuddling to me, .

Finally, someone else who gets the same thing i get from most of this board.

And i actually had a guy write me a personal email regarding one of my posts last week accusing me of being bitter about the Spurs winnign the Title? WTF?

I said to him basically what FinDog said above and that is that at least half of the board spends as much time bashing the Mavs and finding ways to jab at them rather than enjoying one of the most memorable years in Spurs History.

I just don't get it. Why in the world would you guys be jealous of us. You clearly have the better franchise for now. We are working on getting to where you guys are but have a long way to go.

The sad fact is that most of you can't be happy just winning it all, you have to win it all, rub our noses in it and then complain when we aren't happy about that. Pretty sad if you ask me.

I have said it before on this board and i will say it again. When the Mavs go out i root for the Spurs. Why? because i am a Texan, and i want a Texas team to be the Champion. My wife is from San Antonio and moved up here years ago. Now we have Mavs season tickets. But we root for the Spurs when they are not playing the Mavs. Sadly, most of you Spurs posters on this board would rather root for some team in the East than root for the Mavs.
Again, just sad. Maybe it is a City thing vs. a team thing?

And i was the one who was called "bitter" :wtf

ChumpDumper
06-18-2007, 03:33 PM
And i was the one who was called "bitter"You're bitter.

We're gloating.

samikeyp
06-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Anyone on either side who tries to make it a city thing has no clue.

ShoogarBear
06-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I am a Cowboy fan.

The Spurologist
06-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Finally, someone else who gets the same thing i get from most of this board.

And i actually had a guy write me a personal email regarding one of my posts last week accusing me of being bitter about the Spurs winnign the Title? WTF?

I said to him basically what FinDog said above and that is that at least half of the board spends as much time bashing the Mavs and finding ways to jab at them rather than enjoying one of the most memorable years in Spurs History.

I just don't get it. Why in the world would you guys be jealous of us. You clearly have the better franchise for now. We are working on getting to where you guys are but have a long way to go.

The sad fact is that most of you can't be happy just winning it all, you have to win it all, rub our noses in it and then complain when we aren't happy about that. Pretty sad if you ask me.

I have said it before on this board and i will say it again. When the Mavs go out i root for the Spurs. Why? because i am a Texan, and i want a Texas team to be the Champion. My wife is from San Antonio and moved up here years ago. Now we have Mavs season tickets. But we root for the Spurs when they are not playing the Mavs. Sadly, most of you Spurs posters on this board would rather root for some team in the East than root for the Mavs.
Again, just sad. Maybe it is a City thing vs. a team thing?

And i was the one who was called "bitter" :wtf

OMG I live in Fort Worth and all the Mav fans would all root for S.A. whenever they went out and we were still in it. But last year ooohhhhh as soon as the Mavs won the series I was dogged to no end and my 15 year old daughter had to take flack from not only other students but teachers and faculty as well. It was pretty bad the way they rubbed it in our faces here because we are Spur Fans. Now you don't think we want revenge? Hey but I will tell you what, you have to damn near go on National Geographic to find a Mavs fan now. They don't even want to look or speak to me or my daughter now, so we just leave it alone. So if you come to a Spurs forum to complain about Spur fans complaining about the Mavs...remember, you all followed the lead of your arrogant owner and made this personal.

A lesson in Spurology!!!

jaespur21
06-18-2007, 08:49 PM
This year was awesome. and i have nothing nice to say to mavs fans. ive never been to a mavs board and probably will stay that way

HJNTX
06-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Sounds like a Sons' fan to me. Seems to know ALL about chips on one's shoulder !!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Speaking of "sons," it reminded me that they are ----------- :owned !!!!

:lol :elephant :clap :downspin:

Findog
06-18-2007, 10:51 PM
you have to damn near go on National Geographic to find a Mavs fan now. They don't even want to look or speak to me or my daughter now, so we just leave it alone.

Whatever. I stuck through Roy Tarpley, 11-71, Quinn Buckner and Toni Braxton, I'm not jumping ship now. However, most Mavs "fans" are obnoxious bandwagoners and probably don't even know what this is:

http://www.logoshak.com/~asgsport/images/Dallas_Mavericks_3.gif