PDA

View Full Version : What was POP thinking?

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Not getting the ball into Timmy when the Suns went ahead with just under a minute to play. As bad as they had played you get the ball to your MVP in that spot and let him make it happen for himself or someone else, i could not believe that shit.

Soul_Patch
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
my thoughts exactly. I really dont think you can blame this on pop though.

I believe Manu and Parker went apeshit and were freaking out that the game was slipping away. They all tried to be the hero taking errant jumpshots and passes...

Suns kept their cool, and the cooler heads prevailed.

get em next time.

sa_butta
05-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Finley and Duncan made some really bad decisions down the stretch. Out of a time out Finley took a fadaway shot early in the shot clock and missed. Duncan looked lost when the Double teams came and took a bad shot. Then finley took a long fadaway three that missed badly as the shot clock was expiring. We did not get good looks in the end. It was a team loss and they just folded down the stretch.

SAtown
05-15-2007, 01:03 PM
I think you're talking about that play where Finley shoots a turnaround fadeaway baseline BULLSHIT shot with about 19 seconds on the shot clock. WTF was he thinking? He had been cold all freaking game...

At first I blamed the refs, but the Spurs CHOKED this away themselves

dbreiden83080
05-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I think you're talking about that play where Finley shoots a turnaround fadeaway baseline BULLSHIT shot with about 19 seconds on the shot clock. WTF was he thinking? He had been cold all freaking game...

At first I blamed the refs, but the Spurs CHOKED this away themselves

That's the one, look if he is open then yes he has to take that shot he is a great shooter but he was well covered. He can't shoot that shot. Maybe POP drew it up for him to be open but he wasn't and needed to give it up.

Kobulingam
05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Pop's dumbest mistak was earlier in the game when the Spurs had a lot of momentum. Pop called a timeout (weird?) to allow Suns to regroup. Pop inserted Vaughn after the timeout.

SAtown
05-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Also, when Stoudemire and Duncan both had 5 fouls, they went out at the same time. When Amare came back in with about 4 minutes or so left, Duncan was nowhere to be found. Pop left Duncan out way too long.