PDA

View Full Version : Spurs VS Phoenix which team will show up 02-01-07

carib
01-27-2007, 02:11 AM
This should be a good match up on February 01, and I hope the Spurs show up and beat the Suns. When they beat the Suns this should help them gain a little respect back in the West for beating one of the two top teams.

lefty
01-27-2007, 02:23 AM
Don't worry

http://www.cincypost.com/2005/03/10/03-10-2005_SPURS_SUNS.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/05/24/bc.bkn.spurs.suns.ap/tx_manu_dunk_ap.jpg

milkyway21
01-27-2007, 02:25 AM
let us be the one who ends the Suns streak.:flag:

mavsfan1000
01-27-2007, 03:12 AM
For once I'll be rooting for the spurs. Hope you can take down the overrated suns.

J.T.
01-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Bandwagoners. Ha.

Mermaid Time2
01-27-2007, 03:30 AM
:blah :blah :blah :blah

Texas_Ranger
01-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Spurs will win it.

boutons_
01-27-2007, 09:38 AM
To increase the pressure and make a W less probable, it's 2nd of B2B for Spurs, after a tough game @Jazz.

I have no doubt the Suns will show up on their home court, their fans still searching for affirmation and hungry for a Title. They probably also remember how the Spurs/Manu- 48 pts came back fr0m -17 pts in the 4th qtr there and won in OT.

The Spurs were really poor last season in these kinds of statement games.

stewart
01-27-2007, 09:45 AM
who's going to defend on amare and diaw???
amare's to quick for any SA bigman and most of his point come from the choice the defense make on the pick'n roll with nash
diaw can stop on one on one but you need to put away all the rest to stop phoenix

one the other end who's gonna stop manu and tony (tim will face double team all night long)

ArgSpursFan
01-27-2007, 09:47 AM
I really think,TONY PARKERīs game is the answer to that question.If he can move the ball fast and find the open man,hopefully itīll be a spurs win.Oh transition D will be determinating too.

TDMVPDPOY
01-27-2007, 10:19 AM
we are goin to show up to recieve a beating hahahahahha

theroc5
01-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Jan 31 Jazz
Feb 1 Suns

with this type of a back to back i doubt we win

Sam
01-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah that's what worries me. It's the back to back game. Although with AK-47 out we should be able to handle the Jazz and focus on the Suns.

bigdog
01-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Cisco will probably guard Amare. he's the only guy on the team that has anywhere near the quickness and athletic ability to keep up with him. i say we bring in James White for a few games on the road trip. we could use another guy thats athletic against teams like the suns. maybe not play him a whole lot,but its not like pop is gonna put in E-Will or Jackie Butler against them

Shank
01-27-2007, 12:21 PM
GO SPU...

I don't know if I can do it.

boutons_
01-27-2007, 12:50 PM
"James White"

maybe, just maybe, he could effective on 1-on-1 defense, but what about his understanding of team defense and rotations? Feb is too late now to start experimenting. The rotation needs to get shorter, not stretched out to opportuniistic, occasional 12th man.

If he's out of position on offense, as Francisco was earlier in the season, even if he doesn't get any touches, he can still screw up the posssession.

exstatic
01-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I really think,TONY PARKERīs game is the answer to that question.If he can move the ball fast and find the open man,hopefully itīll be a spurs win.Oh transition D will be determinating too.
"Fast" is not a game you want to play in the Suns building, and transition D will be EVERYTHING.

mavs>spurs2
01-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Damn I hate the spurs but with all the trash talking going on by sun fans lately, I hope the spurs win in a blowout. Maybe that will shut them up about their precious win streak.

rascal
01-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Suns are on a roll now. It is a statement game for them ( a team on the rise playing a team on the decline, perfect setup for an emotional high for the suns) and will be pumped up to knock down a spurs team that is showing weaknesses. The road btb for the spurs doesn't play well for the spurs. Everything points to a suns win.

A healthy suns team should beat the spurs easily.

1Parker1
01-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Jan 31 Jazz
Feb 1 Suns

with this type of a back to back i doubt we win

Exactly. I either expect two losses or 1 out of 2. Both would be a miracle....or the turnaround of the Spurs season.

Their next three are tough:

Lakers, Jazz, Suns all on the road.

mavsfan1000
01-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Damn the suns get all the breaks with their schedule with a back to back for the spurs. Hopefully the breaks start going against the suns soon.

J.T.
01-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, there is also the off chance that the Mavs will lose again and all you bandwagoners won't need us to beat Phoenix because they have a better record than your team :lmao

smeagol
01-27-2007, 04:15 PM
A healthy suns team should beat the spurs easily.

As positive as always :wtf

Weren't you the the one who said we were going to lose against the virtually every oponent we faced in the 2005 playoffs?

Yep, it was you.

exstatic
01-27-2007, 04:17 PM

Weren't you the the one who said we were going to loss against the virtually every oponent we faced in the 2005 playoffs?

Yep, it was you.
He WANTS the Spurs to lose, so that somehow, although it's not going to happen, Pop will be fired. Sad, sad individual.

smeagol
01-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Suns are going to be damn tough.

Beating Utah would be a start but beating both Utah and the Suns would ceratinly change the mood around here.

25% chance this happens.

I would take those odds with all my vbookie.

mabber
01-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Damn the suns get all the breaks with their schedule with a back to back for the spurs. Hopefully the breaks start going against the suns soon.

Their schedule is much tougher the 2nd half of the season.

I haven't heard if LeBron is gonna lace them up for the Sun's game tomorrow or not.

exstatic
01-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Uh, the fucking Mavs have at least twice caught teams that SA just played on a B2B.

kwitcherbellyakin

ArgSpursFan
01-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Uh, the fucking Mavs have at least twice caught teams that SA just played on a B2B.

kwitcherbellyakin

stop complaining and be a man.

carib
01-27-2007, 07:56 PM

Their next three are tough:

To win all 3 would be a good way to end the first half of the season, it would also be the best winning streak for this season against 3 quality teams’ period.

exstatic
01-27-2007, 08:10 PM
stop complaining and be a man.
STFU and try to follow the conversation.

ducks
01-27-2007, 09:01 PM
jazz are not a tough team anymore

bdictjames
01-27-2007, 09:06 PM
jazz are not a tough team anymore
I think they're gonna lose to the Hornets tonight

KB24
01-27-2007, 10:37 PM
SUNS = Thoroughbreds

SPURS = Old Mexican Donkey

Trifecta
01-27-2007, 10:39 PM

I think the SUNS will guard everyone else on the perimeter, pack the middle and force TP to hit his jumpers!

Amuseddaysleeper
01-27-2007, 10:43 PM
the suns are going to fucking murder us on a b2b

a spurs win woul dbe a huge upset at the rate we're playing and the rate phoenix is playing.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

BillsCarnage
01-27-2007, 11:09 PM
let us be the one who ends the Suns streak.:flag:

Ding, ding, ding!

I'm actually hoping the Suns lose before they play the Spurs. The Spurs are notorious for ending the Suns' long winning streaks. And if the Suns roll in w/ 18 straight and lose everyone will say the Suns are still not a top team rather than the law of averages.

If they lose prior to the Spurs game I have little doubt they'll win, but if they come in on the streak and lose it will be the same 'ol story from the fans and media. "The Suns can't beat the good teams.."

The Suns are playing the Jazz on the 3rd, i believe. So they have two statement games coming up. These three teams all play each other in a four day stretch. Should be good.

J.T.
01-27-2007, 11:41 PM
I have a couple extra Spurs jerseys if you bandwagoners need any!

PhxDog
01-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Suns will miss Kurt Thomas for this one.

How many times in the first five minutes of the game will a Spur drive directly at Amare, then throw himself to the ground? I'm thinking the O/U is three...

Amuseddaysleeper
01-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Suns will miss Kurt Thomas for this one.

How many times in the first five minutes of the game will a Spur drive directly at Amare, then throw himself to the ground? I'm thinking the O/U is three...

and how many times will raja bell flop and cheap shot his way through the game?

I'm thinking the O/U is five

lefty
01-28-2007, 01:43 AM
SUNS = Thoroughbreds

SPURS = Old Mexican Donkey

And what about the Fakers now?

PhxDog
01-28-2007, 01:57 AM

I'll take the over on that one. :lol

The cheap shots seem to have come mainly from Ginobili as of late, though...

PhxDog
01-28-2007, 01:59 AM
And what about the Fakers now?

Puppy who thinks he's a horse?

mabber
01-28-2007, 08:40 PM

I think the entire Sun's team must have flopped at least 15 times today. I've never seen a team flop so many times in one game. It must be their new defensive strategy now. I guess D'Antoni finally figured out that they have zero chance of stopping anybody by playing man defense so he's gone strictly with the "weakside flop" defense.

1Parker1
01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Pheonix is exactly the kind of team that will allow Brent Barry to have a good game as well as guys like Elson and Oberto.

mabber
01-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Pheonix is exactly the kind of team that will allow Brent Barry to have a good game as well as guys like Elson and Oberto.

They allow everyone to have good games on offense. Even if you miss your first shot you just hit the offensive boards against them and get another shot. Cleveland didn't lose today because of their offense (or Sun's defense).

Beating the Suns comes down to being able to defend them individually w/o having to help all the time. That's when their 3 pt shooters get wide open shots. They're almost unbeatable when that happens. The Mavs & Spurs do a decent job in that area vs. the Suns so they're very beatable for those two teams.

carib
01-28-2007, 11:14 PM

WE are done with the Lakers
Jazz we are on your way
Suns we are gearing up.

I just can't wait for this one against the Suns

Trainwreck2100
01-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Barry will score 25

Xylus
01-29-2007, 02:12 AM
The Suns are blazing right now, confident that they can beat anyone. And as crazy as this sounds, I think the Suns need this victory more. Even though they have the better record, the Suns have to prove to everyone that they can beat elite Western Conference teams. They've only had 1 chance to do so over this 35-game span (33-2) against Dallas, in which they lost by a Nowitzki jumper.

For some reason, though, the Spurs seem to have our number... Brent Barry and Ginobili, in particular, always have near-perfect games against us. Add usually solid performances by Parker and Duncan and the Spurs are always hard for the Suns to beat.

My money's still on the Suns. They'll be desperate to win this game. Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire are both probably going to have dominant performances.

Should be a great fucking game!

Trainwreck2100
01-29-2007, 02:13 AM
\

For some reason, though, the Spurs seem to have our number... Brent Barry and Ginobili, in particular, always have near-perfect games against us. Add usually solid performances by Parker and Duncan and the Spurs are always hard for the Suns to beat.

Because the Suns leave them open

lefty
01-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Back to back games ; hope we'll have some energy in Phoenix

Xylus
01-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Because the Suns leave them open
That was the problem in the first SAS vs PHX game this season, only it was Oberto that they left open. As a result, he was something like 11-11 from the field because they kept doubling Duncan. Now that Amare has improved defensively, I hope they don't double team him. Let Duncan get his and keep a man on everyone.

ponky
01-29-2007, 04:07 AM
fuck it, after reading all the bitching and dumbass comments about kobe today (some of the winning team's fans bitching!) i'm going with the suns, there's nothing not to like about them other than that they are ahead of the mavs...what was i thinking? i used to hate kobe and the other lakers with a vengeance but he's changed and his team is new and exciting to watch. suns are going to nail the spurs' grave 6 points deep and then some, book it.

mavsfan1000
01-29-2007, 04:16 AM
fuck it, after reading all the bitching and dumbass comments about kobe today (some of the winning team's fans bitching!) i'm going with the suns, there's nothing not to like about them other than that they are ahead of the mavs...what was i thinking? i used to hate kobe and the other lakers with a vengeance but he's changed and his team is new and exciting to watch. suns are going to nail the spurs' grave 6 points deep and then some, book it.
I can't root for a team that is getting in our way of a championship. Especially hearing Marion's cocky ass talk about how much ahead of every team the suns are.

ponky
01-29-2007, 04:22 AM
I can't root for a team that is getting in our way of a championship. Especially hearing Marion's cocky ass talk about how much ahead of every team the suns are.

the suns are going to be there as competition in the playoffs regardless of their record so i don't see how you can avoid having them NOT get in the way of our road to the championship unless they get beaten by another team before we match up against them...or unless we lose to another team first, in which case, they wouldn't even have the chance to get in the way. i can take marion's thin-skinned sensitivity over another headache team to deal with, which is what the spurs are TRYING to become with this rodeo road trip. it's important that they lose as many games against good teams as possible, keep your foot on them so that they don't think they're hot shit. marion has to talk shit because he's sensitive, another suns fans told me this was addressed in Jack MacCallum's book. i can kind of see where he's coming from since he's been there for the team the whole time while amare and nash get all the attention, particularly amare. besides, i haven't followed his comments much, you care to link any of them?

Cry Havoc
01-29-2007, 04:38 AM
"The Phoenix Suns are reinventing NBA basketball. Everyone already knew that if you had a 7-footer who could shoot the lights out, and surrounded him studs, you could win a ton of games. But the Suns (who are 26-2 over their last 28, I believe, and barely lost those two) are playing a way no one thought possible. It's the Holy Grail of basketball. It's that crazy stuff Paul Westhead was trying to do, but it works."

You know, I don't mean to hijack a thread, and normally I would bother about someone's sig, but that just demands a response, so sorry ahead of time.

Apparently Mr. Abbott wasn't around for NBA Basketball in the 1990s. If he was, he would have witnessed the REAL re-invention of the game, the one that changed everything, THE precise moment when basketball became more about penetration ability, passing, and athleticism rather than height.

It started with a player named Michael Jordan, who led the Bulls along with Scottie Pippen to 6 titles. They played with big men like Luc Longely and Bill Wennington in the post. In fact, you could even state that the Suns are MORE of a post team than the Bulls were. The Bulls scoring focus was on the 2-3 slot, rather than the 1-3-4-5 of the Suns. The fact that the Suns are an offensive force is something to be admired, and what Steve Nash is doing now is wonderful to see. But to think that the Suns are single handedly showing the world that you don't need a dominant big man isn't just sensationalism -- it's forgetting the most dominant 6 years any team has accomplished in the modern sports era, minus the mini-dynasty of the Rockets while Jordan went on hiatus. Jordan, not Nash, showed the way to the new age of basketball. The Suns are still 6 titles behind the Bulls, and unless they win it this year, you cannot ever say they reinvented the game. The regular season is where incredible boasts are made (Detroit is going to challenge the 72 win season!); playoffs are where mettle is tested. And while 2 WCF berths in the past 3 years is commendable, the fact is that people are heralding them as the revolution... before the revolution even shows true effectiveness when it matters, and AFTER a very similar incarnation of basketball more than a decade prior.

This isn't to hate on the Suns. They're amazing. It's just to remind everyone that they are not the first team to do it this way and be dominant. As good as they are, their defense must still be a concern for Suns fans, meanwhile Jordan and the Bulls decided to make it - not their deft offense - their hallmark. The good news for the Suns is that it wasn't an overnight process for the Bulls... and that's perhaps why the league should fear the skinny little point guard from Canada.

Thank you. You may now continue with this thread.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2007, 04:44 AM
b2b game i believe, enjoy the loss.......spurs :( actually enjoy the b2b loss

ponky
01-29-2007, 04:46 AM
b2b game i believe, enjoy the loss.......spurs :( actually enjoy the b2b loss

you really think the spurs will lose both? the jazz have been brought back to earth in many ways recently and you have two days off before facing them

mavsfan1000
01-29-2007, 06:42 AM
the suns are going to be there as competition in the playoffs regardless of their record so i don't see how you can avoid having them NOT get in the way of our road to the championship unless they get beaten by another team before we match up against them...or unless we lose to another team first, in which case, they wouldn't even have the chance to get in the way. i can take marion's thin-skinned sensitivity over another headache team to deal with, which is what the spurs are TRYING to become with this rodeo road trip. it's important that they lose as many games against good teams as possible, keep your foot on them so that they don't think they're hot shit. marion has to talk shit because he's sensitive, another suns fans told me this was addressed in Jack MacCallum's book. i can kind of see where he's coming from since he's been there for the team the whole time while amare and nash get all the attention, particularly amare. besides, i haven't followed his comments much, you care to link any of them?
You realize though if the mavs don't get the top seed they have to play the spurs again in second round? It is critical that the mavs get that spot if they want to win a championship.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2007, 08:18 AM
you really think the spurs will lose both? the jazz have been brought back to earth in many ways recently and you have two days off before facing them

unless td pulls out a near triple-double performance again, then yes

but in this case the jazz will own us and so will the suns.

sribb43
01-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Go!! Spurs!!!! Go!!!

LilMissSPURfect
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
It not so much because of this rodeo road trip , but because of all the crap they take....you gotta be careful when playing against the spurs.....ya don't want to wake the sleeping giant.....If there is any slip up in the smack talk or pushups after a 40point lead by the SUNS then they get bitch slapped...!

If they wake they will come! :flag: :flag: :flag:

boutons_
01-29-2007, 11:25 AM
The Suns arena will be packed, super loud, and hostile, with Chicken Man getting plenty of camera time, with everybody wanting to get that 19th W.

Not very probable that the TWolves will stop them tonight.

mabber
01-29-2007, 11:35 AM
The Suns arena will be packed, super loud, and hostile, with Chicken Man getting plenty of camera time, with everybody wanting to get that 19th W.

Not very probable that the TWolves will stop them tonight.

This is a HUGE game for Phoenix. They have a terrible record vs. the top teams in the west and I'm sure they're tired of hearing that particular stat. I expect the Suns to win (especially since the Spurs will be on a B2B).

rascal
01-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Weren't you the the one who said we were going to lose against the virtually every oponent we faced in the 2005 playoffs?

Yep, it was you.

I'm not always right but right more often then not. I did have the Spurs over the Pistons in the finals in 2005. And Miami last year when you were picking the spurs.

cheguevara
01-29-2007, 12:42 PM
the Suns are never a problem for us.

I don't even remember the last time the Suns beat us. I don't see why this game would be any different.

itzsoweezee
01-29-2007, 01:07 PM
the Suns are never a problem for us.

I don't even remember the last time the Suns beat us. I don't see why this game would be any different.

i've gotta agree. the more i see the suns play, the less impressed with them i am. usually, on offense the spurs are playing 3-on-5 or 4-on-5 (depending on how bowen's shooting). but against the suns, every spur player is a potential scoring threat.

i expect a big game out of oberto (again) or elson. as long as the spurs shut down marion (as usual), i don't see the suns winning.

GrandeDavid
01-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah that's what worries me. It's the back to back game. Although with AK-47 out we should be able to handle the Jazz and focus on the Suns.

I wouldn't count on it. The Spurs have had trouble handling banged up opponents all year. Even the Lakers were missing Kwame Brown and Luke Walton. Brown defended Duncan very well in earlier matchups this season.

I think the Spurs will beat the Jazz but probably won't have the legs for the Suns. The Spurs will win all the rest of their matchups against Phoenix, though.

Ocotillo
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Dallas fans take heart. The day after they play the Spurs, Phoenix flies to Salt Lake to play the Jazz in their own back to back.

mabber
01-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Dallas fans take heart. The day after they play the Spurs, Phoenix flies to Salt Lake to play the Jazz in their own back to back.

I'm not worried about it. If the Mavs don't end up with the #1 seed then they don't deserve it. They have a much easier 2nd half schedule than does Phoenix.

sprrs
01-29-2007, 01:47 PM

You....you're kidding right? What happened to "B2B's aren't an excuse for losing!"

Since we're playing the Suns, who are right behind you in the standings, it can be :P

41times
01-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Well i hope the Real Spurs team shows up in Phoenix. The problem is that you guys aren't great on back to backs. You are not bad but not great. And to beat the Suns you will have to be great.

The Suns have won a bunch of games against the East lately and they will be out to show the world that they can beat the best West teams like the Spurs. My fear is that they jump on you early and don't let up.

I feel it is either going to be a Spurs win at the buzzer (like L.A. game) or Phoenix wins a 15 piont blow out!

Give Timmy and GNosbleed and Parkmycar come extra Viagra for this one and tell them to F'em!

Xylus
01-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Well I can pretty much guarantee that if the Suns lose, it won't be by more than 5 points. It's going to be a close game.

ponky
01-29-2007, 08:03 PM
unless td pulls out a near triple-double performance again, then yes

but in this case the jazz will own us and so will the suns.

boozer and kirilenko are out tonight against the nets and kirilenko will return this week but he hasn't specified a timetable, maybe you should cross your fingers :)

The_Game
01-29-2007, 08:07 PM

no thats wrong

suns play spurs on 1st feb they don't play jazz until the 3rd of feb. both games are in phoenix. so it's not a back to back and it isn't in utah

ponky
01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
You realize though if the mavs don't get the top seed they have to play the spurs again in second round? It is critical that the mavs get that spot if they want to win a championship.

WGAF? I love matchups against the Spurs, they are some of the most exciting games. I don't root for a team that's afraid to match up against a particular team. Root for the Spurs to win, give them more confidence....not something I wanna see at this point. Besides, there are quite a few teams that are capable of giving us some trouble in the playoffs and vice versa...look what Yao/Tmac did to us in the first round two years ago. They extended the series to seven games while the Suns were sitting pretty on a four game sweep of the Grizzlies. This year's playoffs are going to be tough 1-8, not like in the past when we (or any other team) could rely on a crappy team like the Grizzlies to give us an easy pass to the second round.

Actually, I could care less about who wins, I can find good reasons to vote for either team so I'm going to just watch and laugh at the end. I guess it would be nice for the Suns to lose again to the Spurs like they have lost to the Mavs but the Spurs will probably win three in a row if that happens because the Jazz will most likely be without Boozer and Kirilenko...if that happens, the Spurs' heads will explode with so much confidence! :)

E20
01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't know. The second game of a back-to-back against a Run 'n' Gun Suns at Phoenix. Wheeeeew and Spurs have to play a good Utha team the night before. That's gonna be tough, but interesting to watch.

On a brighter note, I can watch both these games because they're both on Nationa TV. WOOOOOOOOOOT BOI!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Rydia
01-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I am really nervous about this game. I hope the Spurs can focus enough and kill this winning streak of the suns. I will be there in all my get-up screaming as loud as I can! So Go Spurs!! Look at Section 116!!!!

xamila rey
01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
ok so phoenix just lost against the timberwolves,
is it good for the spurs?
or u think they are gonna play even harder than before against us?

carib
01-31-2007, 06:08 PM
ok so phoenix just lost against the timberwolves,
is it good for the spurs?
or u think they are gonna play even harder than before against us?

O you know they are going to bring their A game and trust me Pop will have the guys ready for the Phoenix game.

By the way we will win 3 in a Row on the Road

MajorMike
01-31-2007, 07:17 PM
I think we play the Jazz tonite.

xamila rey
01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
O you know they are going to bring their A game and trust me Pop will have the guys ready for the Phoenix game.

By the way we will win 3 in a Row on the Road

:elephant yeah lets win tonight!

mavsfan1000
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
WGAF? I love matchups against the Spurs, they are some of the most exciting games. I don't root for a team that's afraid to match up against a particular team. Root for the Spurs to win, give them more confidence....not something I wanna see at this point. Besides, there are quite a few teams that are capable of giving us some trouble in the playoffs and vice versa...look what Yao/Tmac did to us in the first round two years ago. They extended the series to seven games while the Suns were sitting pretty on a four game sweep of the Grizzlies. This year's playoffs are going to be tough 1-8, not like in the past when we (or any other team) could rely on a crappy team like the Grizzlies to give us an easy pass to the second round.

Actually, I could care less about who wins, I can find good reasons to vote for either team so I'm going to just watch and laugh at the end. I guess it would be nice for the Suns to lose again to the Spurs like they have lost to the Mavs but the Spurs will probably win three in a row if that happens because the Jazz will most likely be without Boozer and Kirilenko...if that happens, the Spurs' heads will explode with so much confidence! :)
Yeah but the suns don't match up well to the spurs as proven 2 years ago. True that the west is loaded but the 3 best teams are clearly Dallas, Phoenix, and San Antonio. Houston and Los Angeles could give Dallas some problems but they aren't elite so I think Dallas can get through in 6.

41times
02-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I think tonight against the Suns b2b is one of those nights that you look back upon at the end of the season and say:

1. That's where it all started going South
or
2. That's when we started turning it around.

For Spurs fans i hope it is #2. But i have a bad feeling that it could be #1

mabber
02-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I think tonight against the Suns b2b is one of those nights that you look back upon at the end of the season and say:

or

I don't think if the Spurs lose it will be such a bad thing. They'll realize that they really have some work to do to improve before the playoffs...so it should really make them focus going forward. Their confidence will definitely be shaken a bit though.

If they win, they'll definitely gain some confidence and know they can still win the west.

Testing
02-01-2007, 12:51 PM
With the Suns loss against T Wolves, they'll come out ready to win again. Also, they know they are something like 0-4 against the top West teams, so they'll want to chance that. Add to the fact that they know Spurs are on a back to back, I;m sure they'll come out firing away and take an early large lead witht he Spurs playing catch up the rest of the way, but unable to do so.

PhxDog
02-02-2007, 02:09 AM
The cheap shots seem to have come mainly from Ginobili as of late, though...
Ahem.

Damn, I hate Dick Bavetta...worst ref in the league. (Yes, even worse than Violet Palmer.) I can't believe I'm going to be rooting for Charles Barkley again. :madrun

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 02:51 AM

or

I thought it was #2 after the Ginobili halftime interview. Then they turned it into #1

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Pop gives Suns props. In response to the question about the doubters of Phoenix's fast-paced style, Pop responded:

"I think it's bull (expletive)," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Good basketball teams are good basketball teams. They are playing better defense now than they've ever before. Offensively, they're more dangerous than they've ever been and tougher to guard than they've ever been. The record they have and the way they've been playing, I honestly don't think it's fool's gold."

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Pop's just saying that so he can exploit the Suns lackadaisical defensive attitude...

He's just blowing smoke up D'Antoni's ass.

j/k j/k, I can agree with what Pop sees, I always liked watching the Suns play and they are good. And put themselves in a position to win it all, just as anyone.

AZLouis
02-02-2007, 07:54 AM
The Suns team that showed up last night didn't include KT and Raja Bell.

Good thing it's only the fans underestimating the Suns and not the Spurs coaching staff.

Those first 8 games of the season included losses to the Jazz (2), Spurs, and Mavs. The Suns were in a serious funk while trying to figure out how to implement Stoudemire into the rotation and develop chemistry with a team that hadn't played together in awhile. KT was also coming off a serious injury.

For whatever reason the new ball had James Jones playing like crap and since the old ball was put back into play he's shoooting 40+% from three.

Since those 8 games the Suns have had 3 losses. Thanks to amazing performance from KG, a game winner from Dirk, and a game winner from Hibachi.

The Suns have yet to lose by double digits and even during that tough start to the season they held a lead in every game they've played and have been in a position to win every game this season.

RonMexico
02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, the big difference between the November game (Spurs won by 6) and this game (Suns by 16) was 11-for-11 by Oberto for 22 points.