PDA

View Full Version : WTF was Kobe's Problem

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 01:24 AM
Damn talk about a narcacist, that bitch was getting away with more shit than anyone i have ever seen, he was Yelling at the officals and acting like a fucking third grader, i was pissed, not one technical was called on him, and wtf were he and duncan arguing about.

that said, check out Udrih, i only saw him in limited action but his game is nice, Great Game Rasho, agressive on Offense and defense

Why didnt i see malik rose though, is he fighting with pop again?

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 01:30 AM
i think there was word from on high that Kobe's untouchable this year

Ginofan
11-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Malik didn't match up with Odom.

I totally agree with about Kobe. He got some shitty calls but by no means does that give him the right to throw a fit like a two year old who didn't get any candy. GROW UP!

dcole50
11-06-2004, 01:35 AM
We're going to be seeing alot of this from Kobe now that Shaq's gone.

thispego
11-06-2004, 01:36 AM
For real man, at first it seemed like he and Duncan were exchanging congratulatory remarks, but obviously he was talking shit cause Duncan got on the offensive all off a sudden. Stuff him and his unbalanced team.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 01:36 AM
It makes me wonder, was Shaq keeping Kobe in line while he was playing in LA? I have never seen anyone act like that in professional basketball, Denis Rodman was just an ass, Kobe was a bitch

atlfan25
11-06-2004, 01:38 AM
i half wish their altercation would have escalated furthur, cuz i would have loved to see duncan throw on kobe.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2004, 01:40 AM
It was a pretty poorly called game all around. Kobe had a beef about a call or two (though he got away with about three tech calls with all his bitch histrionics) and Brian Grant should've fouled out in about five minutes.

thispego
11-06-2004, 01:41 AM
i half wish their altercation would have escalated furthur, cuz i would have loved to see duncan throw on kobe.

You got that straight, I genuinely thought that this was the evening that Duncan got fed up and would let loose on someone that got in his face

SequSpur
11-06-2004, 01:43 AM
LA better get used to it. They have no fricking rebounders. None. And Vlade isn't going to be a premier rebounder either.

The Lakers are finished.

dcole50
11-06-2004, 01:52 AM
i half wish their altercation would have escalated furthur, cuz i would have loved to see duncan throw on kobe.Nah, I don't want Timmy to resort to that. We don't care about LA. Minny is our big rival now. LA isn't a threat.

But, if they did "throw down" I think that anyone who saw the Kobe Bryant/Chris Childs "fight" would know what the outcome would be. :lol

Spurbanana
11-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Could it have been his too-large jersey? :lol Everytime I saw him he was either yapping away or adjusting his jersey...all of the lakers' jerseys looked too big, but his was made more obvious by the cheap tank top underneath. Anyway, I have a feeling that Kobe knew this was the game to prove he could carry the team and he didn't exactly succeed!

Solid D
11-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Kobe had a beef about the time-out call at the end, although the strip went straight to Duncan and probably wouldn't have ended up being a turnover. Bad call though.

Kobe also had a legit complaint when he was fouled by Bruce on the 3-pt. attempt. Bruce got up into him and stuck his foot down there into Kobe's landing area. That's how Vince Carter got his foot twisted when he thought Bruce did it intentionally.

Bruce needs to be careful about that. I'd be upset if I were the shooter.

Those calls still don't bring the Lakers all the way back, I don't think, but props to them for putting forth a great effort.

Mr. Body
11-06-2004, 02:34 AM
I'm not sure I agree on the non-foul on the Kobe 3-pointer. I didn't get a good look, but it looked like a Reggie-type kick-out. Non-call.

Solid D
11-06-2004, 02:42 AM
ESPN had a good view of it on the replay a couple of times.

adidas11
11-06-2004, 02:46 AM
Bruce is a dirty player, plain and simple.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-06-2004, 02:51 AM
Bruce is a dirty player, plain and simple.

Wow, we barely made two games before the whining started.

Spurbanana
11-06-2004, 02:52 AM
:rolleyes Kobe is a whiny player, plain and simple.

Solid D
11-06-2004, 02:55 AM
I really don't think he's a dirty player but he does need to watch his feet. These guys make too much money to be careless like that.

Timothy Dunkan
11-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Don't worry about THE RAPIST too much; his career is pretty much done. The ONLY place where he gets the love is in LA, anywhere else he will get so much hate like that Jazz game.
There is nothing more enjoyable than watching that #8 O.J. Simpson led team struggles.

Drachen
11-06-2004, 03:25 AM
we should bring the Big Dawg back to be on the IR just in case of fights... I loved that guy and his towel waving, but would never have wanted to meet him in a dark alley.

Blind Witness
11-06-2004, 03:41 AM
I think he's still smarting over the fact that none of his home games are at the Pond. Things like that would irk me too!

And that mean Bruce Bowen! Harumph! Mean ol' Bruce Bowen. What is wrong with this guy? Swiping? Bumping? You could hurt a fella!

Don't blame the guy for being a tad testy... his best buddy got shipped away. That is emotionally traumatizing!

I'm gonna head on over to his place with a gang of average-looking white chicks right now and commence some healing.

timvp
11-06-2004, 03:43 AM
Welcome to the forum, Blind Witness.

Blind Witness
11-06-2004, 03:46 AM
Thank you! I'm ecstatic to have finally found you guys! I've been tooling around Dusty's place and never heard about here.

And I always wondered where the legendary Spurs posters like GW and the rest went to.

It's like Christmas!

timvp
11-06-2004, 03:47 AM
:lol

Well, you found the real.

Welcome home. :smokin

Kori Ellis
11-06-2004, 03:56 AM
I'm gonna head on over to his place with a gang of average-looking white chicks right now and commence some healing.

:lol

You literally made me laugh out loud.

Nikihtgrl
11-06-2004, 04:10 AM
Malik didn't match up with Odom.

I totally agree with about Kobe. He got some shitty calls but by no means does that give him the right to throw a fit like a two year old who didn't get any candy. GROW UP!

this is kobe job, hello!

i do not see the problem when pro ball players period complain about calls. that is how they make their living. its not any different than any job eventhough its sports, it the princible.

three more games between the two teams.

Drachen
11-06-2004, 04:15 AM
this is kobe job, hello!

i do not see the problem when pro ball players period complain about calls. that is how they make their living. its not any different than any job eventhough its sports, it the princible.

three more games between the two teams.

Hey laker fans (I am not necessarily accusing you personally) are also in the habit of calling out whiny players (see the 2002 kings), although I do have to admit, that yes players talkback to the ref but Kobe was flailing his arms and body all over the place like a child on a temper tantrum.

Nikihtgrl
11-06-2004, 04:15 AM
LA better get used to it. They have no fricking rebounders. None. And Vlade isn't going to be a premier rebounder either.

The Lakers are finished.

how can the lakers be finished when its just november?

is this the playoffs?

three more game between the two teams.

p.s. i'm just wondering, did you say the same thing when the spurs were up 2-0 against the lakers in the playoffs?

there is a point to my question......................

holla

Drachen
11-06-2004, 04:19 AM

is this the playoffs?

p.s. i'm just wondering, did you say the same thing when the spurs were up 2-0 against the lakers in the playoffs?

holla

Ill agree with you that there is no reason to say the Lakers' season is finished. I would be surprised if they didnt make the playoffs. I do think, however that the will be the 6,7, or 8 seed. What should I 'holla' at...?

Nikihtgrl
11-06-2004, 04:40 AM
Ill agree with you that there is no reason to say the Lakers' season is finished. I would be surprised if they didnt make the playoffs. I do think, however that the will be the 6,7, or 8 seed. What should I 'holla' at...?

holla back is what i meant. i thought i was responding SequSpur when i made the comment. i was not expecting you to respond to me but, its cool.

you are entitle to your opinion about the lakers. i just hate it when fans speak as if their opinions are facts. (it does not matter what team you are a fan of)

no one truly knows what will happen this season. there are a lot of knew faces. the pistons are the champions (who knew?). shaq is in the east. t'mac and k-mart are in the west. kobe is the go to guy for the lakers. the list just goes on and on. the league is wide open (its been a long time since this happen) we (us fans) will see what happens. all i know is that the regular season is played for the playoffs, and playoffs for the title. i'm going to sit back relax and enjoy the lakers as well as the nba.

peace.

Drachen
11-06-2004, 04:46 AM
holla back is what i meant. i thought i was responding SequSpur when i made the comment. i was not expecting you to respond to me but, its cool.

you are entitle to your opinion about the lakers. i just hate it when fans speak as if their opinions are facts. (it does not matter what team you are a fan of)

no one truly knows what will happen this season. there are a lot of knew faces. the pistons are the champions (who knew?). shaq is in the east. t'mac and k-mart are in the west. kobe is the go to guy for the lakers. the list just goes on and on. the league is wide open (its been a long time since this happen) we (us fans) will see what happens. all i know is that the regular season is played for the playoffs, and playoffs for the title. i'm going to sit back relax and enjoy the lakers as well as the nba.

peace.

I know about holla, I was just being facetious.
Im sure we will see, but really, a lot of the lake fans are saying that despite the fact that they have no size (which is an absolute must in the west) they will beat teams with quickness, so they dont need size. I remember another team that tried this not too long ago, namely the dallas mavericks. It just doesnt work not with all the quality bigs in the west. I really think though that these teams may end up in the 1st round of the playoffs together SAS-1st seed, LAL-8th

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 09:31 AM
anyway, the problem with kobe is he is so narcisitic that his bitch tendencies tend to show up at very weird times, but because he is Kobe Bryant no one else cares, i remember Bill Walton saying kobe was "very .....vocal" about the calls tonight, and thinking just say it Bill, he is such an ass

oldschool
11-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Maybe kobe was working on more street cred. I like that Duncan wasn’t baited by kobe trying to go gangsta on him. I just wonder if kobe will try that crap on players like Artest

SequSpur
11-06-2004, 11:40 AM
nikithchick,

The Lakers are finished. You have nothing. Nothing. Nada.. No point guard, no center, no power forward. Oh wait, Kobe plays all of those position..

You have a chance.... lol

Holla....

You're 1 and 2. 2 games weren't even close and Kobe took over both losses. Don't be a hater, get used to it. That's why they have a lottery. Its the game after the season that the losers get to play. At least you'll be doing something after the season.

Holla.

Useruser666
11-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Sounds like the Pink Ladies are in town.

spurster
11-06-2004, 12:08 PM
The refs were not very good last night with the Spurs getting a few calls at the end. I was wondering whether those were make-ups for letting the Lakers get away with stuff earlier.

Sportcamper
11-06-2004, 01:00 PM
What took place...

``I think I unintentionally hit him, so I asked him if he was all right,'' Bryant said. ``He said I threw an elbow. I said, `I didn't throw an elbow.' He said, `Yes you did.' I said, `I just told you I didn't, so what if I did?' And that's how we both got technicals.''... Kobe Bryant...

ChumpDumper
11-06-2004, 01:07 PM
I believe everything Kobe says.

The honesty.

The candor.

He's an open book.

Slomo
11-06-2004, 01:42 PM
^^^ http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif

Dex
11-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Typical Lakers fan. Way to leave out the whole story.

Correction to what took place:

Bryant and Duncan received offsetting technical fouls in the fourth when both teams jawed in a crowd near the Lakers' free throw line.

"I think I unintentionally hit him, so I asked him if he was all right,” Bryant said. “He said I threw an elbow. I said, ‘I didn't throw an elbow.’ He said, ‘Yes you did.’ I said, ‘I just told you I didn't, so what if I did?’ And that's how we both got technicals.”

Replays clearly showed that Bryant threw an elbow.

Taco
11-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Replays clearly showed that Bryant threw an elbow.[/I]

Yep the Dirty Mutha Fudger

annetteresendez
11-06-2004, 03:18 PM

is this the playoffs?

holla

three more games between the two teams, that means three more losses for the lakers.

you want to talk about the playoffs last year, the same playoffs the lakers got spanked.

to say the lakers are finished right now in november is an understatement. they were finished last season when they embarrassed themselves against detroit. now with shaq gone, the lakers are more than finished.

it's all good. lakers and their fans had their run. it's over now. the dynasty is finished.

asta la vista, baby

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2004, 03:51 PM
I said, ‘I just told you I didn't, so what if I did?’

That sounds a bit like the rap that Kobe tried to use in Colorado. . . .

Solid D
11-06-2004, 04:22 PM
http://espn.starwave.com/media/nba/2004/0707/photo/g_kobe_frt.jpg

SpursWoman
11-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Oh, that's just wrong. :lol :lol

Solid D
11-06-2004, 04:44 PM
What's so funny SW? That game photo was taken straight out of ESPN site article about last night's game. :angel

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1916856

SpursWoman
11-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Run, Manu Run!

Shelly
11-06-2004, 05:20 PM
:rollin

dcole50
11-06-2004, 05:56 PM
p.s. i'm just wondering, did you say the same thing when the spurs were up 2-0 against the lakers in the playoffs?this is not last year's lakers, in case you haven't noticed. last year's lakers had four future hall of famers. this year's lakers is kobe, odom, and a bunch of mediocre "scrubs." this is what kobe wanted for your franchise.

have fun with them this year! :lol

RobinsontoDuncan
11-06-2004, 06:05 PM
My god i always knew there was something fruity about that guy, total nutcase that one (in reference tot he picture)