PDA

View Full Version : Maceo blow your horn

SenorSpur
08-24-2006, 02:08 PM
I trust this information has not already been posted.

In case anyone was wondering what happened to former Michigan standout Maceo Baston, here's where he landed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2532743

Pacers sign Euroleague star Baston for two years

By Chad Ford
ESPN.COM

The Indiana Pacers came to terms Friday with Euroleague star Maceo Baston, his agent Marc Bartelstein told ESPN.com.

Bartelstein said the deal was a two-year deal for $1.8 million with the second year being a player option.

Baston, a 6-foot-9 athletic power forward who played his college ball at Michigan, has spent the last three years playing for Euroleague powerhouse Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel.

He averaged 12.8 ppg and 4.9 rpg on 63 percent shooting in 24 mpg for Maccabi last year in Euroleage play. His best season came in 2004-05 when he averaged 14.6 ppg and helped lead Maccabi to a second straight Euroleague title.

Baston is widely regarded as one of the top five power forwards in Europe.

Baston spent half a year in the NBA with the Raptors in 2002-03 and averaged 2.4 ppg in 16 games.

zeleni
08-24-2006, 02:17 PM
That means they have Sarunas, Baston and the rest from last year? Nice...

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I've known for like a month already.

Bruno
08-24-2006, 04:30 PM
The crazy thing is that Maccabi wants to sign Jumaine Jones as Basden successor : I don't see at all a 11/5 27 year old nba player without troubles playing in europe.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47083&highlight=maceo+baston

They signed him on the 28th of July

zeleni
08-24-2006, 05:06 PM
The crazy thing is that Maccabi wants to sign Jumaine Jones as Basden successor : I don't see at all a 11/5 27 year old nba player without troubles playing in europe.

Why not? Maccabi has a mickey-mouse league and plays only the Euroleague as it should. He has soo much practice... He would be great for Maccabi. Sagadin's students loves good NBA athleticism in the pack with all this tactics. He would easily have a 20/10/3 season in Euroleague if the guy really wants to bulid a team on him.

Bruno
08-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Why not? Maccabi has a mickey-mouse league and plays only the Euroleague as it should. He has soo much practice... He would be great for Maccabi. Sagadin's students loves good NBA athleticism in the pack with all this tactics. He would easily have a 20/10/3 season in Euroleague if the guy really wants to bulid a team on him.

It's not crazy that Maccabi likes Jumaine Jones : he is a quite good player and can be great in euroleague.
It's crazy that there are contacts between a quite young player who is successful in nba and an european team. It's no the kind of american players who sign in europe.