DuncanInYourFace
06-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Maybe I'll jinx the Heat

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2006, 09:02 PM
only works if Jim does it.

DuncanInYourFace
06-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Honestly, DET has been way overrated, they are full of shit and are getting served a dish of humble pie, quite like the one they served the 04 .4 lakers.

angel_luv
06-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Let's see what the Pistons do. It won't be easy but they could come back.

Beaverfuzz
06-02-2006, 09:28 PM
People pretty much thought it would be Dallas or San Antonio in the Finals from the west. Detroit was pretty much handed the East by default.

The end of an era...R.I.P Detroit, hope you guys don't burn down a building or two.

ashbeeigh
06-02-2006, 09:31 PM
hope you guys don't burn down a building or two.

:lmao

DuncanInYourFace
06-02-2006, 09:31 PM
People pretty much thought it would be Dallas or San Antonio in the Finals from the west. Detroit was pretty much handed the East by default.

The end of an era...R.I.P Detroit, hope you guys don't burn down a building or two.

The end of the era of them talking smack.
It pisses me off when ppl talk about their "dynasty", 2 finals appearances and 1 championship is a dynasty?

"the best starting 5" my ass

Horry For 3!
06-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I already knew the Heat would win in 6 after 3 games in

Deb
06-02-2006, 09:39 PM
After watching the game, I'm just sort of sad. Not that the Pistons lost, but that it was "hyped" to be the Spurs and Pistons again. It just reminds me we're not there either.

DuncanInYourFace
06-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Everyone should've known they were done after they struggled with the CAVS

I mean, Lebron is good, but COME ON

angel_luv
06-02-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry Pistons' fans!

WalterBenitez
06-02-2006, 09:41 PM
HEAT lost with Mavs and PHX in regular season, but I'll bet my CDs supporting Shaq (wow, did I say that :oops)

rayray2k8
06-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Maybe I'll jinx the Heat
HAHAHAH!
YOu fucked them over!! :lmao

DuncanInYourFace
06-02-2006, 09:42 PM
HAHAHAH!
YOu fucked them over!! :lmao

Heat in 6 over Suns in the finals

picnroll
06-02-2006, 09:43 PM
We need a vBookie on the hour Cuban first lodges a complaint to the league office on Shaq.

rascal
After watching the game, I'm just sort of sad. Not that the Pistons lost, but that it was "hyped" to be the Spurs and Pistons again. It just reminds me we're not there either.

I knew too many here were way off this year with saying its the spurs and Pistons in the finals. This series was so predictable I could have told you who would win each game. Some series are tough but this one was an easy call.

adidas11
Detroit is the most overrated NBA Champion in the past quarter century, by far. Even when they beat the Lakers in 2004, they were very fortunate to beat the Lakers, Pacers, and Nets who all three had major injuries in the playoffs.

And to top it off, they couldn't even repeat last season. Great teams win back to back titles. It's like what Mike Wilborn (spelling?) said...the Pistons are a good team, but they aren't as good as they THINK they are.

Deb
06-02-2006, 09:44 PM
The Heat fans were so damn impressive with their "white out" - all clad in white. What an awesome display.

DuncanInYourFace
06-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Detroit is the most overrated NBA Champion in the past quarter century, by far. Even when they beat the Lakers in 2004, they were very fortunate to beat the Lakers, Pacers, and Nets who all three had major injuries in the playoffs.

And to top it off, they couldn't even repeat last season. Great teams win back to back titles. It's like what Mike Wilborn (spelling?) said...the Pistons are a good team, but they aren't as good as they THINK they are.

I agree with most of that, although they beat the shit out of the Lakers, injuries or not, and the Laker were pretty overhyped as well.

But they thought they were the greatest starting 5 ever, they just got schooled.

Deb
06-02-2006, 09:45 PM
:lol
We need a vBookie on the hour Cuban first lodges a complaint to the league office on Shaq.
:lol :lol

Slinkyman
06-02-2006, 09:47 PM

So Duncan's spurs and Bird's celtics aren't great? :rolleyes

adidas11
Yeah, the Lakers might have been overhyped in that particular season, but they substantiated their greateness by winning 3 titles in a row. The Pistons were a one hit wonder, who only won the title when they snuck up on everyone. It's a lot harder to win a title when everyone is gunning for you, when you have a target on your back.

angel_luv

During last night's game, did you hear Steve Kerr and company making fun of Cuban for the seemingly endless supply of " foul" footage he sends to the NBA office?

Good times! :lol

DuncanInYourFace
06-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah, the Lakers might have been overhyped in that particular season, but they substantiated their greateness by winning 3 titles in a row. The Pistons were a one hit wonder, who only won the title when they snuck up on everyone. It's a lot harder to win a title when everyone is gunning for you, when you have a target on your back.

Agreed, they are a one-hit wonder.

not even CLOSE to being a dynasty.

adidas11
06-02-2006, 09:49 PM
So Duncan's spurs and Bird's celtics aren't great? :rolleyes

Correct. They were on very good teams, but not GREAT teams. Great teams win titles when the rest of the NBA is gunning for them. It is INFINITELY harder to win a title when you are already the champion, for a host of reasons (diminished drive, increased drive from other teams and them adjusting their rosters to beat you, etc.)

CHAMPS AGAIN
06-02-2006, 10:11 PM
All I heard all year if pistons had home court last year they would had won the title bla bla bla this year excuse if we would had won game 1 of the ECF we would had won the title. Heat did not beat us we just beat ourselves

mike detroit
06-02-2006, 10:19 PM
The end of the era of them talking smack.
It pisses me off when ppl talk about their "dynasty", 2 finals appearances and 1 championship is a dynasty?

"the best starting 5" my ass

The "best starting 5" thing certainly has been said a lot, I can't recall anyone, anywhere, ever, referring to what they have done as a dynasty, however.

DuncanInYourFace
06-02-2006, 10:22 PM
The "best starting 5" thing certainly has been said a lot, I can't recall anyone, anywhere, ever, referring to what they have done as a dynasty, however.

Read it in an espn article

mike detroit
06-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Read it in an espn article

reading espn articles was probably your first mistake

baseline bum
06-02-2006, 10:51 PM

I like Detroit a lot, but with a healthy Duncan last year (ie, the Duncan we saw in this playoffs) the Spurs take them in 5. This series made it pretty obvious that the Heat would have taken the East last year if not for injuries.

What a weak Finals this is going to be. I don't think the Heat are as good as they were last year, and Dallas isn't the 2005 Spurs (they took a far superior Suns team out in 5).

Monster game from Shaq tonight. He looked like it was 2001 the way he carried his team the first half. The boxscore really doesn't do justice to how well he played tonight.

I'm disappointed that we never saw Detroit executing the way they were when they were on pace for 70. The only game they really looked to be clicking was game 1 of the Cleveland series. :(

baseline bum
06-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Correct. They were on very good teams, but not GREAT teams. Great teams win titles when the rest of the NBA is gunning for them. It is INFINITELY harder to win a title when you are already the champion, for a host of reasons (diminished drive, increased drive from other teams and them adjusting their rosters to beat you, etc.)

Don't fucking tell me the 85-86 Celtics weren't a great team. By any metric they're among the cream of the crop.