PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

conqueso
03-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Before you flame my and say "this has already been posted...SPAM!", I just kinda want to combine all of the talk about the impending playoff matchups into one thread...

Here's a good link, updated nightly:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/matchups

As of 3/13:

1 Spurs vs. 8 Kings
2 Suns vs. 7 Lakers
3 Nuggets vs. 6 Grizzlies
4 Mavs vs. 5 Clippers

1 Pistons vs. 8 Bucks
2 Heat vs. 7 Sixers
3 Nets vs. 6 Wizards
4 Cavs vs. 5 Pacers

In the East, the top 4 seeds are set in stone, but the last 4 may shuffle. In the West, the top 4 seeds are also decided, but 1 and 4 may swap; Clippers probably have 5 locked up, but 6, 7, and 8 are uncertain. Bulls or Celtics have their work cut out for them in the chase for 8 in the East. Hornets and Jazz are right there on the bubble.

Questions:

1. Who would you rather the Spurs play in the first round? Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Hornets or Jazz?

2. Who's going to win the 4-5 in the East, Cavs or Pacers? What if the Cavs play the Wizards or Bucks?

3. Do the Sixers have a chance against the Nets? Can that Nets team beat the Heat? Is this the year the Nets make it back to the ECF?

4. Who would give the Suns the most trouble in the first round? Kings, Lakers, Hornets or Jazz?

5. Do the Grizzlies have a chance against the Nuggets?

6. Do the Nuggets have a chance against the Suns (both with and without Amare)?

7. Can the Clippers beat either the Spurs or the Mavs in a 7-game series?

Answers:

1. Jazz, obviously. Not gonna happen though. Out of the likely Kings or Lakers if the Spurs finish first, I'd pick the Lakers...for the glory, but also because the Kings are looking good right now, and Artest would beat up Ginobili and Finley and they need to be fresh for the second round. If Spurs end up fourth and play the Clips, watch out!

2. Cavs would own Wizards or Bucks for LeBron's first playoff victory. Unfortunately, they will probably play the Pacers, and will probably lose in a 7 game series, even with home court and an outside chance of Hughes returning for quality minutes.

3. Of course Sixers have a chance against the Nets. Nets are only seeded this high because of the crazy bracket system. I'd bet on the Nets, but Philly has a real chance.

4. Tough question...probably the Kings, but that's just a guess. I still think Phoenix beats either team.

5. Maybe...depends on Camby's health, K-Mart's attitude, and George Karl hegemony. Nuggets probably win, but Grizz might actually win a playoff game this year.

6. No, with or without. Phoenix will crush the Nuggets. Next.

7. Not in seven games...not without any playoff experience...not against those two teams. But it's still going to be the toughest first round series this year.

Trainwreck2100
03-13-2006, 04:56 PM
When you speak of Spam, do you speak of SPAM or S-P-A-M?

BillsCarnage
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
1. The team that might be the hottest and that nobody wants to play is the Kings. They're coming on strong. I don't care what spot they get as long as it's not the 7 seed.

2. There's still a ways to go, but if it stays i'd say Indy.

3. I think the CF's will be a mirror image of last year except home court will be swapped.

4. Hornets or Kings. Hornets give them fits much like Memphis did last year, but they should beat them. Kings could be scarey for whoever faces them.

5. toss up

6. Not really. They don't match up very well with the Suns this year.

7. Nope. Clips lose in 5 or 6 to either team.

cheguevara
03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
cavs would not own the Wiz. the wiz beat the cavs 2wice on the same week I beleive. It would be a good matchup.