PDA

View Full Version : Lots to be happy about...

aaronstampler
03-11-2006, 03:56 AM
1) Today was the most encouraging sign yet that Manu is getting healthier. He's probably between 85 and 90% now. As long as he doesn't have a setback, he'll be all the way back when it counts. He'll just need Tony to give him the ball more (hint.)

2) No back-to-backs in the playoffs, so Tim should be fine.

3) Bowen is better than ever, on both sides of the ball. He's really been having a fantastic year.

4) TP is having his best year too. I don't think he's gonna disappear this time around.

5) Horry will show up in May, he always does.

6) Bench gunners, Finley, Brent, and Beno all really finding their strokes. This might be our best bench since '99.

The only thing besides health that worries me is the rebounding. Some games we care about it, some games we don't. That's the one area we need to get better. And also, I think Beno should get the backup PG job for good. If Nazr can outperform Rasho to take his job, then Beno should be able to do the same thing for NVE. It's not his fault NVE's hurt. I don't understand what more Pop could possibly want from Beno. No matter how well he plays, Pop refuses to say, "You've done it, you've proven yourself, you're in the rotation."

ata
03-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Interesting stats: http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20060310&game=LALSAS

Debbie Downer
03-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Oh great the prozac taking Spur fans find some good in last nights ass waxing!:lmao

http://www.pharmacyseek.com/images/meds/prozac.jpg

Dude
03-11-2006, 10:13 AM
:lol

SequSpur
03-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I am really got damn happy with the Spurs losing last night and moving to the fourth spot.

:pctoss

Al Gore
03-11-2006, 10:38 AM
it's topics like these that ruin all I have done for the www

Spurologist
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Interesting stats: http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20060310&game=LALSAS

-16 with Nazr in the game. ouch.

boutons_
03-11-2006, 12:45 PM
"-16 with Nazr in the game"

Is anybody surpriised? The guy is never aggressive on defense, almost never challenges the driver or shooter, backpeddles with drivers, and rarely even gets his long arms up in the face of the shooter.

Some nights he many produce points and RB, but he's much more reliable in points allowed. I figure he costs more points than he produces, or at best, it's a wash.

leemajors
03-11-2006, 12:53 PM
he got a really quick hook after being used by mihm early last night. is he complacent already?

WalterBenitez
03-11-2006, 12:56 PM
1) Today was the most encouraging sign

wow ... you could save many suicide ppl ... you are very optimistic
SAS is playing well but some nights they play like a crap

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2006, 01:19 PM

Is anybody surpriised? The guy is never aggressive on defense, almost never challenges the driver or shooter, backpeddles with drivers, and rarely even gets his long arms up in the face of the shooter.

Some nights he many produce points and RB, but he's much more reliable in points allowed. I figure he costs more points than he produces, or at best, it's a wash.

For the season, Nazr is a net -141.

leemajors
03-11-2006, 03:08 PM
to be somewhat objective, duncan was -15 himself in this game. i don't think that's a reflection of his +/- season though

cs100
03-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I am not happy but I am positive about the Spurs chances of winning it all again. They WILL step it up in the playoffs, no doubt about that. If a team believes that they NEED HCA to win, they are already beaten. They champs can win on the road and they have proved that in the past.

FromWayDowntown
03-11-2006, 03:37 PM
to be somewhat objective, duncan was -15 himself in this game. i don't think that's a reflection of his +/- season though

Duncan is a net +407 for the season.

leemajors
03-11-2006, 05:29 PM
figured =~]

TMTTRIO
03-11-2006, 08:27 PM
It was really dissapointing game last night but I feel like the Spurs will be ok. There weren't many positives at all. By the way if you want any positives, Manu did make play of the day on NBA.com :).

NCaliSpurs
03-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Two comments and a question.

1) Nazr is ALWAYS late with the helpside defense. It's like he is not paying attention.
2) The Spurs are still on pace to have their best regular season ever.

What are Tony's +/- numbers for the season?

FromWayDowntown
03-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Parker's net is +381.

snowboarder
03-12-2006, 02:11 AM

its one game

www.82games.com check the season, not a game

NCaliSpurs
03-12-2006, 09:23 AM
He is -141 for the season.

I have no idea why he is so awful.