PDA

View Full Version : from a celtic fan in cetics-nation.com

Duncanoypi
12-09-2005, 04:34 PM
I am not affraid of the Spurs!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting really tired of everyone I first of all I am sick and tired of everyone kissing the San Antonio Spurs XXXXXX. I want to say that I think that the Spurs are one of the most over rated teams of all time. Yes, I realize that they just won the NBA championship, but there is no reason to be intimidated. Basically, the Spurs have three awesome players, Manu, Duncan, and Tony Parker. Don't even mention Finley, dude his WASHED UP and BIG shot BOb is rarely a factor unless you like REALy need a 3. I still think the Pistons that go at least 5 deep are better. And remember something Manu goes the wind, sometimes he is so hot that he threatens to give the fans sunburn and sometimes he does not have it. Tim Duncan is better than any big player we have right now but I think his true character came out last year in the finals when he missed like 10 free throws. Finally, Duncan is also over rated because he gets SO much help from the referees. :lol Even last yeas when I watched the Spurs play the Lakers on league pass and was rooting for the Spurs to win (because I hate the Lakers more) it was ridiculous how much the referees protected him. If you notice, almost every time Duncan drives to the hoop to do a jump hook the referees call a foul, which is probably why he does it so much. I have seen many players block Duncan cleanly and the refs blow the whistle It is absurd and ruins the integrity of the game. And the excuse that he should get protection because he is an all star is Lame. Hakeem Olijawon never got that protection and neither did Ewing. Also, all this talk that the Spurs are such a smart teams is pure BS. They got lucky with Duncan because Robingson got hurt, that’s luck not smarts. And they drafted Parker which was the common sense thing to do, not a ingenious move. In fact I remember jumping up and down being so exited during the 2001 draft when the Celtics with the 21st pick had the opportunity to take Tony Parker. I thought for sure the Celtics were going to take him, in my opinion there was no one better. My jaw dropped when the Celtics took Joseph Forte, I thought the Celtics organization was either crazy or stupid. And I was not the only one, other trade publications and websights and magazine had the Celtics taking Parker as well. My point is it was not the Spurs smarts that got them Tony Parker but just common sense.

In any case I am aware that right now the Spurs are a better team than us. I only hope for 2 things.

1) Delonte West holds his own against Parker and slows him down considerably.

2) Perkins and Jefferson slow down and contain Duncan.

If we can do either but hopefully both of these things we will be doing great.

hahaha...an idiot green fan... :drunk

Lets see after the game...

Phenomanul
12-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Delusional fan....

yavozerb
12-09-2005, 04:46 PM
I got on this website and most celtic fans are pretty realistic about their chances tonight.......This kid is just a jack-ass with to much time on his hands (damn thats long article)

Horry For 3!
12-09-2005, 04:52 PM
:lmao that was some funny shit, I can't stop laughing

kskonn
12-09-2005, 04:56 PM
wow you know your team is good when they can drum up that much hate in a person. That is how I used to feel about the Lakers in their reign in the nineties. Congratulations spurs you have made it big time!!

boutons
12-09-2005, 05:00 PM
"This kid is just a jack-ass"

Celtics suck
Boston sucks
Bostons fans suck
Boston Irish suck
Massachusetts sucks
New England sucks
Ireland sucks
leprchauns suck
Anything green sucks
Paul Pierce sucks (and any team he's on sucks)

:lol :lol :lol

thanks for posting.

samikeyp
12-09-2005, 05:27 PM
the Hater-aid in Boston is quite bitter this time of year! :lol

Brodels
12-09-2005, 05:47 PM
It's been quite a run against the Celtics, and as a New Englander, I absolutely love it. Just about everyone I know around here is a Celtics fan, and it gives me great pleasure to see the Spurs dominate the Cs year after year.

I worry, though, because it's going to come to an end sometime. I never want it to end, but I know that one of these times, the Celtics are going to shoot lights out on a night when the Spurs are off (and maybe on the second half of a back-to-back) and the Spurs will lose.

I just hope it's not until, like, 2010.

Bloodline666
12-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Obviously, this Celtics fan can't accept the fact that the Celtics are two players away from beating the Tim Duncan-era Spurs: Larry Bird and Bill Russell.

DDS4
12-09-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't blame him. I would feel that way too if my team was 0wN3D 16 times straight.

Summers
12-09-2005, 07:29 PM
:lol I love how his entire post is like this: The Spurs aren't that good except that they're the reigning NBA champs. Duncan isn't that good, except that he's the best big in the NBA. Horry isn't that good, except when he's hitting those buzzer-beating threes... Boston is still jealous they didn't win the lottery in 97.

JamStone
12-09-2005, 07:52 PM
I don't think it was that bad of a post. It was extremely homer-biased, but that's how most fans are. I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said. He acknowledged that the Spurs were the better team. He said Duncan, Manu, and Parker were three great players.

The only controversial thing he said was that Duncan was overrated because he gets a lot of calls. While that might be whiney, it's just his opinion.

What exactly was delusional about his post? Why is he a jack-ass for loving his home team and "hating" on the opponent?

SouthernFried
12-09-2005, 08:03 PM
This guy lost me at "I'm not affraid..." Anyone who starts a conversation with that...pretty much is.

"Your better than us...Duncan is the best big man, Parker and Manu are awesome...but, I'm not afraid!"

Ya...w/e.

Easy to not be afraid...when you don't have to suit up.

TwoHandJam
12-09-2005, 08:05 PM
I don't think it was that bad of a post. It was extremely homer-biased, but that's how most fans are. I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said. He acknowledged that the Spurs were the better team. He said Duncan, Manu, and Parker were three great players.

The only controversial thing he said was that Duncan was overrated because he gets a lot of calls. While that might be whiney, it's just his opinion.

What exactly was delusional about his post? Why is he a jack-ass for loving his home team and "hating" on the opponent?
Thinking the Spurs are only 3 players deep while the Celtics are 5 players deep isn't controversial? Please.

JamStone
12-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Thinking the Spurs are only 3 players deep while the Celtics are 5 players deep isn't controversial? Please.

The guy didn't say the Spurs were 3 players deep. He said the Spurs had 3 awesome players.

And, he didn't say the Celtics were 5 players deep.

The only controversial thing he wrote was that Tim Duncan was overrated because he gets a lot of calls from referees. That's just a fan from another team hating a little bit. It happens all the time.

TwoHandJam
12-09-2005, 08:39 PM
The guy didn't say the Spurs were 3 players deep. He said the Spurs had 3 awesome players.

And, he didn't say the Celtics were 5 players deep.

The only controversial thing he wrote was that Tim Duncan was overrated because he gets a lot of calls from referees. That's just a fan from another team hating a little bit. It happens all the time.True, I just noticed he was referencing the Pistons - but he said still said the Spurs have 3 awesome players but he feels the Pistons are better because they are 5 players "deep". That would seem to suggest that the Spurs are only 3 players "deep" in his terminology - whatever that means. It's still delusional - not to mention ignorant. By his logic, the dysfunctional Blazers of old who were also at least 5 players "deep" should have been tops in the league.

JamStone
12-09-2005, 08:42 PM
You're reading way into a post by a huge homer fan who is just expressing his homer opinion. Still, I don't think it's that delusional. It may be extremely biased, but not to the point of delusional.

ca®lo
12-10-2005, 03:28 AM
I want to say that I think that the Spurs are one of the most over rated teams of all time

i stopped reading right here.

sprrs
12-10-2005, 03:42 AM
He's definitely entitled to his opinion.

Whether I decide to classify his opinion as "wrong", or "moronic" is my choice, and/or opinion.

Shelly
12-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Do they not teach punctuation and paragraphs in school anymore???

Samr
12-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Do they not teach punctuation and paragraphs in school anymore???

Add "containment" to that list as well.

The Spurs had a bad night and they still raped Bean Town for all they were worth.

Celts fans just have a bad case of penis envy.

lilmads
12-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Add "containment" to that list as well.

The Spurs had a bad night and they still raped Bean Town for all they were worth.

Celts fans just have a bad case of penis envy.

:lol

LilMissSPURfect
12-10-2005, 02:11 PM
"This kid is just a jack-ass"

Celtics suck
Boston sucks
Bostons fans suck
Boston Irish suck
Massachusetts sucks
New England sucks
Ireland sucks
leprchauns suck
Anything green sucks
Paul Pierce sucks (and any team he's on sucks)

:lol :lol :lol

thanks for posting.

here here!!! :smokin :hat :hat :hat

spursjustice
12-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I just wasted 60 seconds...

hussker
12-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Since when did Beantown become a big narcotics smuggling port?

hussker
12-10-2005, 02:42 PM

No it is not...It is STOOPID! (Spelled for the benefit of Celtic fans who wish to read)

dbreiden83080
12-10-2005, 03:00 PM
there is not a clear thinking Celtic fan on earth that would not turn back time and get that number 1 pick in 97 if they could. Jealousy and bitterness is an ugly thing in this world.

Duncanoypi
12-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I think the correct answer for this is...this Boston kid is not afraid of the spurs because he already knew what gonna happen....

Samr
12-10-2005, 03:22 PM
there is not a clear thinking Celtic fan on earth that would not turn back time and get that number 1 pick in 97 if they could.

There is not a single non-Spur alive that wouldn't turn back time and do the exact same thing.

Or draft Manu Ginobili

Or Tony Parker.

Or....

Useruser666
12-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Green with envy!

ambchang
12-12-2005, 02:06 AM
can't really agree with a fan who probably can't pronounce the name of his/her favourite sports team.

Phenomanul
12-12-2005, 09:23 AM
There is not a single non-Spur alive that wouldn't turn back time and do the exact same thing.

Or draft Manu Ginobili

Or Tony Parker.

Or....

Ian Mahinimi (sp??)

Jimcs50
12-12-2005, 09:27 AM
I agree with everything he said.

cherylsteele
12-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Of coures he isn't afraid of the Spurs.....no reason to be.....especially when you will not meet them in the playoffs unless something really strange happens and the Cletics somehow make the finals, maybe he will change his tune then.

ALVAREZ6
12-12-2005, 05:50 PM
what a moron.....