PDA

View Full Version : Why can’t Pop make up his mind?

playbonner15
12-14-2018, 12:30 AM
We tanking, or nah

RC_Drunkford
12-14-2018, 12:35 AM
We were never tanking and tanking doesn't make sense. I'm cool with a pick around 15-18 should probably be enough to net a nice SF prospect. West is wide open this season. Once you make the playoffs anything is possible

Kobe'sAchilles
12-14-2018, 12:36 AM
Inserting White in the starting line up with Forbes has us beasting all of a sudden. He covers up a lot of defensive weaknesses that that starters have and ensure that we are't playing from behind early on. Pop can't do it against every team but against most this is a great line up. Also we go as far as Rudy takes us tbh. When he is healthy and moving we are really good this year.

RC_Drunkford
12-14-2018, 01:16 AM
Inserting White in the starting line up with Forbes has us beasting all of a sudden. He covers up a lot of defensive weaknesses that that starters have and ensure that we are't playing from behind early on. Pop can't do it against every team but against most this is a great line up. Also we go as far as Rudy takes us tbh. When he is healthy and moving we are really good this year.

we also lost plenty of games before with that same line up tbh

XDT76
12-14-2018, 01:22 AM

Not really the same then our PF was Cunningham, now it's Gay. Personally I think it's hell lot of differences.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-14-2018, 01:25 AM

I dont think we have lost that many games with this line up tbh. Idk if someone can find the stat but I'm pretty sure we are like 4 and 1

RC_Drunkford
12-14-2018, 01:40 AM
Not really the same then our PF was Cunningham, now it's Gay. Personally I think it's hell lot of differences.

you're right, I just looked that up. Only lost by 40 against the T-Wolves with this line up when it was their first game starting together. I guess that's what we should roll with, makes sense.

Dex
12-14-2018, 01:47 AM
Nah.

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2018, 01:51 AM
his chasing his own records man like win/loss all time record

and consecutive playoff appearances...

basically he too doesnt know wtf his doing

TheGreatYacht
12-14-2018, 02:58 AM
He was never purposely tanking :lmao

Guy just sucks more than he coaches well nowadays.

r0drig0lac
12-14-2018, 05:37 AM
We were never tanking and tanking doesn't make sense.

duncan2k5
12-14-2018, 05:43 AM
Did this dude just say this is a great lineup? Oh how far the mighty have fallen...

monty4329
12-14-2018, 08:09 AM
We were never tanking and tanking doesn't make sense. I'm cool with a pick around 15-18 should probably be enough to net a nice SF prospect. West is wide open this season. Once you make the playoffs anything is possible

Plenty, plenty of talent to draft from pick #15 on.

Draft 2018:
#26: Shamet
# 19: Huerter

Make the playoffs, absolutely: shorter rotation, defense more physical (even this year), thorough game preparation....Except the Warriors, everybody else is beatable.

Andreas68
12-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Tanking is cheat!!

jjktkk
12-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Its not tanking. It's just integrating several new players into the Spur's system. Doesn't happen overnight.

TheCerebral1
12-14-2018, 04:58 PM
When this team settled on only bringing in Cunningham, Belinelli, and eventually Pondexter we all knew that this was a transition year. I assume that Buford is listening on anyone behind closed doors. The playoffs "might" be reachable, but this team is for sure an easy out in the first round.

cjw
12-14-2018, 05:14 PM
When this team settled on only bringing in Cunningham, Belinelli, and eventually Pondexter we all knew that this was a transition year. I assume that Buford is listening on anyone behind closed doors. The playoffs "might" be reachable, but this team is for sure an easy out in the first round.

Probably a first round exit, but assuming they avoid the 8 seed (and particularly if they’re 7-6-3-2) this team could make the WCF. Extremely small chance (say 3% or less), but the parity makes it possible.

If things break wrong, they could be 12th-14th in the conference. In what other year has the range of outcomes been anywhere from 2 to 14 in the conference?

RC_Drunkford
12-14-2018, 09:10 PM

I just wish they would try to develop all the young guys in a transition year instead of playing over the hill vets

jjktkk
12-14-2018, 09:35 PM
I just wish they would try to develop all the young guys in a transition year instead of playing over the hill vets
This never was going to be a transaction year. Barring a injury to LA, or DDR, Pop will continue to compete and try and get this current Spur's squad in the playoffs.

tesseractive
12-15-2018, 04:25 AM
I don't hate that they're making guys earn minutes. White and Forbes are starting now, Bertans gets decent minutes in the rotation, Metu and Walker need D-League reps before they're ready to do anything but get eaten alive.

duncan2k5
12-17-2018, 07:54 AM
I don't hate that they're making guys earn minutes. White and Forbes are starting now, Bertans gets decent minutes in the rotation, Metu and Walker need D-League reps before they're ready to do anything but get eaten alive.

Parker didn't earn his minutes... After a couple games he was thrust into the starting lineup as a rookie... That's the difference with old pop and young pop... Young pop didn't have this silly template of not playing young players until some amount of time passed...

Brazil
12-17-2018, 09:13 AM
We were never tanking

agree

and tanking doesn't make sense.

disagree

monty4329
12-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Parker didn't earn his minutes... After a couple games he was thrust into the starting lineup as a rookie... That's the difference with old pop and young pop... Young pop didn't have this silly template of not playing young players until some amount of time passed...

Parker had an aged Daniels, who was basically on one leg, and Porter who was at that time agile as Gasol now. Pop wasn't happy to give him minutes, but had to. Then he was happy, though.

playbonner15
12-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Maybe Pop realized that tanking is now the best option after that Chicago game :lol

Spurs Homer
12-17-2018, 12:33 PM

the difference is that parker was running by nba players as if they were standing still

add to that the fact that he was finishing at the rim on 7 footers and it was a no brainer

playbonner15
12-19-2018, 11:04 PM
Looks like we're not tanking this season! Let's get that 8th seed!

skin27
12-19-2018, 11:32 PM

We we still have shot at 4th seed tbh

SpursDynasty85
12-19-2018, 11:39 PM
A little exciting to see a lottery pick but Spurs have done a fine job finding the pieces they need so far in the draft. Murray, White, Walker... those are some good picks plus we get to see the playoffs every year. Let's keep it going and see two more prospects next year.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-19-2018, 11:58 PM
White covers up a lot of defensive mistakes like I said earlier. And Bertans has been actually rebounding the ball. I assume we found a Latvian translator that relayed to him that it isn't bad etiquette here in the US to grab a rebound. Forbes and Marco need to keep hitting shots to justify their bad defense, but we have a pretty good team. Once (if) White gets comfortable and figures out his game offensively, we wil be a hard team to beat in the playoffs.

offset formation
12-20-2018, 12:35 AM

Lol. We have it now.

r0drig0lac
12-20-2018, 04:24 AM
We we still have shot at 1st seed tbh

fixed

MultiTroll
12-20-2018, 06:41 PM
Props where props are due.
Last 6 games the Poppy Spurs have looked great compared to what they were.

superbigtime
12-21-2018, 10:09 AM
some people don't get Pop.