PDA

View Full Version : GameThread: Sun Feb 26 2017 - SPURS at lakers 2:30PM CT/3:30PM ET/9:30PM RigaT

Pages : 1 [2]

sasaint
02-26-2017, 05:51 PM
He had 19 points with two dunks that caused Joel Embiid to tweet about him.

I tune out ASWeekend, and I hadn't heard. Good for Juice. Perhaps it will be a real catalyst for him. Thanks! :toast

sasaint
02-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Kyle nice decent line TBH... :flag:

You should have posted it! I thought he played very well except for getting that rather lazy drive stuffed.

SAGirl
02-26-2017, 05:55 PM
You should have posted it! I thought he played very well except for getting that rather lazy drive stuffed.
:tu That's all guys would remark about lol
and not the decent game he had.

kaji157
02-26-2017, 05:58 PM
:lol
kaji letting it rip!!!!
This website is funny.

You have to give credit to the big head, he found a way to be a positive contributor.
On the other hand JSimms struggled and seems unconfident.

TheGreatYacht
02-26-2017, 05:59 PM
You have to give credit to the big head, he found a way to be a positive contributor.
Simmons has to create his own shot. Fathead finally learned he can control his cancerous style by just standing under the rim, since defenses don't pay attention to him

SAGirl
02-26-2017, 06:02 PM
Kyle has been playing well lately tbh... but old schticks are hard to change once they are formed I guess. Lol it was still a funny comment.

LakerHater
02-26-2017, 06:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5nztWgUYAAg-YR.jpg

ElNono
02-26-2017, 06:22 PM
But the Spurs struggle to win those 3 pm games ElNono :lol (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054)

Maddog
02-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Forgot abt Thomas Robinson

That short sequence was pretty bad.
Another great Kings draft steal!
All 5 players taken after him have been decent to really god nba players.
That was 2012, now let's talk about the player the kings ended up with in 2011.....

Down Under
02-26-2017, 11:59 PM
Pau got 8 shots (third on the team behind Kawhi/LMA which is no different than him starting) with th bench unit. That will definitely help keep him happy I hope.

Would be awesome if Pau truly embraced that role.How are we going to beat the dubs with him on the bench though? Only chance is to punish them for playing Green at PF

Ice009
02-27-2017, 12:23 AM
Also Kawhi 3 ball has broken the past few weeks..

Well, he's at 32% on the road after the last game against the Clippers. It'll probably go down even further after this game. You said his 3 point shot has been broken the past few weeks? Well, pretty much all those games are road games where he's shot it at a low percentage most of the season. He shoots 47% from three-point range at home, but only 32% on the road. I wonder why he's so bad on the road? He really shouldn't even be shooting 3s on the road if he can't make them.

Is it just poor shot selection? Is he rushing his 3s on the road? I wonder what he's doing differently on the road for there to be that big of a difference? I'm thinking it's shot selection with him taking tougher shots. I think he's maybe trying to learn how to make those tougher shots like guys like Curry regularly make. Hopefully, he gets better at it.

Chinook
02-27-2017, 01:10 AM
How are we going to beat the dubs with him on the bench though? Only chance is to punish them for playing Green at PF

There are multiple ways to punish him. They don't have to go at him one-on-one in the block. Actually, it would be much more effective to throw the ball over his head. He's not going to outjump Dewayne, so if you can get him to take a step in the wrong direction, you can have a good match-up for SAS by tossing it up and letting Dedmon finish against a recovering Green.

Down Under
02-27-2017, 06:00 AM
There are multiple ways to punish him. They don't have to go at him one-on-one in the block. Actually, it would be much more effective to throw the ball over his head. He's not going to outjump Dewayne, so if you can get him to take a step in the wrong direction, you can have a good match-up for SAS by tossing it up and letting Dedmon finish against a recovering Green.Good point. Would it be as effective to post up LMA on him (with Zaza having to guard Pau) and getting him in foul trouble by overpowering him?

Chinook
02-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Good point. Would it be as effective to post up LMA on him (with Zaza having to guard Pau) and getting him in foul trouble by overpowering him?

Depends on which LMA shows up. Good LMA will probably force the Warriors to play a center on him instead of Dray. Bad LMA wouldn't do much of anything either way. Ideally, you have both Good LMA and Dedmon catching lobs in the first unit switching out with Pau using his size and range and Lee rebounding, rolling and getting putbacks in the second unit.

BillMc
02-27-2017, 02:06 PM
As there are no grades yet, I'll put these here:

https://pp.userapi.com/c637821/v637821782/314cc/an0gO4GhioI.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c637821/v637821782/31572/7pbyD3KasUk.jpg

skulls138
02-27-2017, 05:19 PM
Depends on which LMA shows up. Good LMA will probably force the Warriors to play a center on him instead of Dray. Bad LMA wouldn't do much of anything either way. Ideally, you have both Good LMA and Dedmon catching lobs in the first unit switching out with Pau using his size and range and Lee rebounding, rolling and getting putbacks in the second unit. To comment on "bad LMA wouldn't do much of anything either way", LAs been doing great despite his FG% lately. Remember it was Tristan Thompson that gave GS so much trouble last year and it was because of his offensive rebs not his scoring and LA has been great at that lately as well as D. He looks very "heavy" out there, for lack of a better term, where he absorbs the contact and keeps his ground. No doubt need his shots to fall but its size and weight that will give GS trouble IMO.

skulls138
02-27-2017, 05:26 PM
Well, he's at 32% on the road after the last game against the Clippers. It'll probably go down even further after this game. You said his 3 point shot has been broken the past few weeks? Well, pretty much all those games are road games where he's shot it at a low percentage most of the season. He shoots 47% from three-point range at home, but only 32% on the road. I wonder why he's so bad on the road? He really shouldn't even be shooting 3s on the road if he can't make them.

Is it just poor shot selection? Is he rushing his 3s on the road? I wonder what he's doing differently on the road for there to be that big of a difference? I'm thinking it's shot selection with him taking tougher shots. I think he's maybe trying to learn how to make those tougher shots like guys like Curry regularly make. Hopefully, he gets better at it.I think its always better to receive a pass for a 3pt shot than off the dribble and may be why his % has gone down. Not saying he shouldnt ever do it, hes the main scorer and sometimes needs to force the issue, but I liked when, against the Clips, he faked the 3 and passed to open Parker for the shot. He sucked in the D and found the open man. Thumbs up.

MI21
02-28-2017, 01:07 AM
As there are no grades yet, I'll put these here:

https://pp.userapi.com/c637821/v637821782/314cc/an0gO4GhioI.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c637821/v637821782/31572/7pbyD3KasUk.jpg

Love these, thank you!

BatManu20
02-28-2017, 01:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5oCDtjXQAEPbYq?format=jpg&name=large

DAF86
02-28-2017, 01:20 AM
I don't like the reverse colours on Kawhi's kicks. I would like him to wear black away and white at home, tbh.

That was my metrosexual comment of the day.

BillMc
02-28-2017, 01:42 AM
Love these, thank you!
:toast No problem