PDA

View Full Version : Practice Videos 5/4/2016

BillMc
05-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Pop: http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/05/04/1462390026045-pop-sound.mp4-497202

Timmy: http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/05/04/1462389711278-tim-sound.mp4-497184

LMA: http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/05/04/1462389334903-LaMarcus-sound.mp4-497169

Kawhi: http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/05/04/1462389031914-kawhi-sound.mp4-497159

Tony: http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/05/04/1462388536965-tony-sound.mp4-497148

SAGirl
05-04-2016, 02:53 PM
thanks for sharing Bill.
What strikes me:
Pop: mentioning the missed layups fueling them in transition (he doesn't mention anybody but they were TD, Danny, and Kawhi.. but the most striking were Tim's to me) and that being a factor for their bad start and getting OKC aggressiveness going. Then he credited the team for hanging in and making a come back staying in the whole game... but he said most revealingly: that down the stretch is where they lost the game bc of ill advised shot selection. Now, Pop doesn't mention anybody in particular but Patty is emblazoned in my mind as constantly chucking shots in the midrange in that 4th Q despite being off without attempting to run anything for anybody else, while Kawhi was taking bad shots of his own. Kawhi is a scorer and has license, Patty when he's not next to Manu and is acting as the PG needs to get others set up, so a lot of responsibility is on him.

Good signs for Boban fans: Pop said he did very well, that he put him in to see how he'd react and he was fine. (maybe we see more Boban).

Budkin
05-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Been waiting for these since the end of the game. Thanks Bill!

Spurs9
05-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Can't escape those retarded commercials even online.:wtf

SAGirl
05-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Also interesting that Tony mentioned he's not focused on scoring for himself but getting others (LMA and Kawhi) set up or getting them the ball in their spots, which affects his own personal rhythm as he gets so few shots it doesn't allow him to get a rhythm. He also said there is always a balance between someone taking so many shots and that affecting the rhythm for others, but that is something that needs to be discussed with Pop.

Tony was sooo funny commenting on that spin move assist to LMA for that 3: he knew Ibaka was going to leave him to try to block his shot. :lol

BillMc
05-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Been waiting for these since the end of the game. Thanks Bill!

:toast

thanks for sharing Bill.
What strikes me:
Pop: mentioning the missed layups fueling them in transition (he doesn't mention anybody but they were TD, Danny, and Kawhi.. but the most striking were Tim's to me) and that being a factor for their bad start and getting OKC aggressiveness going. Then he credited the team for hanging in and making a come back staying in the whole game... but he said most revealingly: that down the stretch is where they lost the game bc of ill advised shot selection. Now, Pop doesn't mention anybody in particular but Patty is emblazoned in my mind as constantly chucking shots in the midrange in that 4th Q despite being off without attempting to run anything for anybody else, while Kawhi was taking bad shots of his own. Kawhi is a scorer and has license, Patty when he's not next to Manu and is acting as the PG needs to get others set up, so a lot of responsibility is on him.

Good signs for Boban fans: Pop said he did very well, that he put him in to see how he'd react and he was fine. (maybe we see more Boban).

Good breakdown of Pop's talk. Yeah, we know who he's talking about even if the reporters don't. :lol

BillMc
05-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Also interesting that Tony mentioned he's not focused on scoring for himself but getting others (LMA and Kawhi) set up or getting them the ball in their spots, which affects his own personal rhythm as he gets so few shots it doesn't allow him to get a rhythm. He also said there is always a balance between someone taking so many shots and that affecting the rhythm for others, but that is something that needs to be discussed with Pop.

Tony was sooo funny commenting on that spin move assist to LMA for that 3: he knew Ibaka was going to leave him to try to block his shot. :lol

I don't know why others on this board say Tony is selfish. He always does what the team asks and seems to take his changing roles in stride.

And that assist to LMA was amazing.

Timmy is also in a good mood and humorous. No one seems tense about OKC except maybe (ironically) LMA.

Spur|n|Austin
05-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Thanks for posting Bill. Much easier to navigate this way then that crappy video interface of spurs.com.

spurtech09
05-04-2016, 03:29 PM
I don't know why others on this board say Tony is selfish. He always does what the team asks and seems to take his changing roles in stride.

Timmy is also in a good mood and humorous. No one seems tense about OKC except maybe (ironically) LMA.Cause Spurs got this.......Spurs are going to be pumped..

DarrinS
05-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Thanks Bill. :tu

BillMc
05-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks for posting Bill. Much easier to navigate this way then that crappy video interface of spurs.com.

No problem. :bobo

BillMc
05-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Thanks Bill. :tu

EVAY
05-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks so much for posting these links, Bill.

I was also struck (as were several other posters here) how much the Spurs coach and players essentially said "we lost the game on missed lay-ups to start the game and bad decision-making and shot selection at the very end.

I sure hope that the team can figure out how to get more folks 'in rhythm' than was true in the first two games. Game 1 it was all LMA and Kawhi. Game two it was really all LMA. Kawhi was 7 for 18 or so in Game 2, leaving only LMA scoring on a consistent basis. We truly need somebody else taking some shots. If that person is Martin or Simmons or Boban or Becky - somebody besides the 'big 2' has to be able to shoot. I think that Boris could be that person, but that would involve some rotations that Pop doesn't seem to want to pursue.

Game 2 was a pretty good example of the downside of 'giving it to X player and getting out of the way'. Iso plays and post-ups are great as long as at least two players are shooting well, but when it is only two players and one is having an off night, no one else feels like they are supposed to pick up the slack or get aggressive. It struck me that TP said that it was up to Pop to make the call about whether or not to change the offense. Until then, they just keep relying on Kawhi and LMA.

DarrinS
05-04-2016, 03:57 PM
That one reporter: "Do you admire Adams?"

STFU

peacemaker885
05-04-2016, 04:20 PM

Timmy is also in a good mood and humorous. No one seems tense about OKC except maybe (ironically) LMA.

I agree. Everyone on this team is a soldier. They follow what Pop says.