PDA

View Full Version : Boban and Simmons to D-league

pad300
03-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Just saw this:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/241269/Boban-Marjanovic-Jonathon-Simmons-Assigned-To-D-League

Pop cutting down to a playoff rotation?

ElNono
03-20-2016, 07:23 PM
no, just giving them some playing time

GSH
03-20-2016, 08:50 PM
They both needed the minutes. Wish they could have been sent to Austin sooner. It's good for everyone, but especially the two of them.

DMC
03-20-2016, 09:08 PM
Boban is completely worthless to the Spurs. Yeah he's huge, yeah he's a better shooter than you'd think for his size, but he doesn't play like a big and doesn't defend worth a shit. Maybe it's his minutes? Who knows, but he's useless except to get a rise from the crowd.

james evans
03-20-2016, 09:21 PM
useless?

BackHome
03-20-2016, 09:46 PM
Oh stupid people say shit like that every time we get someone during their first year....Hell stupid people were saying it about AD a veteran and a All Star player his first few months as a Spur..SMH.

Any Spurs fans know that players take at least one year to figure out rotations and assignments before getting playing time...

K...
03-20-2016, 09:48 PM
useless?

Useless.we have Bonner.

GSH
03-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Boban is completely worthless to the Spurs. Yeah he's huge, yeah he's a better shooter than you'd think for his size, but he doesn't play like a big and doesn't defend worth a shit. Maybe it's his minutes? Who knows, but he's useless except to get a rise from the crowd.

He played like a big when he first got here - at least a lot more like one. He got a lot of information thrown at him in a short time. To me, it looks pretty clear that he's trying to think about what he's doing every minute on the floor now. The game moves too fast for that. That, plus the fact that other teams know who he is now, and how to work him, and he looks worse than he did at first. We've seen it before, with other players.

But I don't disagree with you. The way he is right now, he's pretty close to useless to the Spurs. Austin will do him a lot of good.

GSH
03-22-2016, 11:25 PM
WTF? After one game, the Spurs have re-called both Boban and Simmons? Anyone understand that better than I do?

Boban had 21 and 15 in his one game in Austin, on 10-12 shooting. But I thought we already knew he could do that in Austin.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-recall-boban-marjanovic-jonathon-simmons-austin-spurs

Kawhitstorm
03-22-2016, 11:30 PM
WTF? After one game, the Spurs have re-called both Boban and Simmons? Anyone understand that better than I do?

Boban had 21 and 15 in his one game in Austin, on 10-12 shooting. But I thought we already knew he could do that in Austin.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-recall-boban-marjanovic-jonathon-simmons-austin-spurs

Simmons, 6-6/195, registered 12 points and 2 assists in 31 minutes against Bakersfield :lmao

GSH
03-22-2016, 11:33 PM
Maybe after the loss, there's no realistic chance to catch GS for the 1 seed, so Pop is going to give them some meaningful minutes with the Spurs?

Seems a shame to bring them back, just to sit and watch.

ChumpDumper
03-22-2016, 11:42 PM
WTF? After one game, the Spurs have re-called both Boban and Simmons? Anyone understand that better than I do?Sure -- the Toros don't play again until Thursday. Might as well have them with the mothership until then.

Thursday's game is on ESPNU FWIW, and only four home games left in the regular season. I can see a little back and forth until April 2, especially if they start resting rotation players.

MultiTroll
03-22-2016, 11:42 PM
Who would have more impact in the playoffs?

Boban and Simmons
or
KMart and BonBon?

SAGirl
03-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Sure -- the Toros don't play again until Thursday. Might as well have them with the mothership until then.

Thursday's game is on ESPNU FWIW, and only home games left in the regular season. I can see a little back and forth until April 2, especially if they start resting rotation players.
Good point I thought the same. They could be reassigned. Probably just wanted to bring them over to watch film, learn from what the varsity team is going through, and also work with the San Anton coaches. Maybe even go over film from those Austin games, Simmons specially.

GSH
03-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Sure -- the Toros don't play again until Thursday. Might as well have them with the mothership until then.

Thursday's game is on ESPNU FWIW, and only four home games left in the regular season. I can see a little back and forth until April 2, especially if they start resting rotation players.

I saw you lurking, and I was hoping you would have something.

I don't keep up with things as much as I used to. I had it in the back of my mind that there were some restrictions on moving guys under contract back and forth to the D-League. Maybe that changed, maybe I just remember wrong. But if there's no reason not to bring them back and forth, it makes sense to do it.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2016, 11:00 AM
I saw you lurking, and I was hoping you would have something.

I don't keep up with things as much as I used to. I had it in the back of my mind that there were some restrictions on moving guys under contract back and forth to the D-League. Maybe that changed, maybe I just remember wrong. But if there's no reason not to bring them back and forth, it makes sense to do it.Yeah they did away with that dumb restriction a couple seasons back.

KenMcCoy
03-23-2016, 12:10 PM
I went to this game.

Boban dominated and could have done so much more if the guards made better/more post entry passes. There were multiple times when he would get into the lane or seal off his man, but the guards would reverse the ball or decide to go 1 on 1.

Simmons didn't really impress me. He fumbled the ball multiple times when handling it. They didn't all turn into turnovers, but it did disrupt the offense.

SAGirl
03-23-2016, 12:25 PM
I went to this game.

Boban dominated and could have done so much more if the guards made better/more post entry passes. There were multiple times when he would get into the lane or seal off his man, but the guards would reverse the ball or decide to go 1 on 1.

Simmons didn't really impress me. He fumbled the ball multiple times when handling it. They didn't all turn into turnovers, but it did disrupt the offense.
Thanks for sharing. :tu Your review is pretty much aligned with my impression. I watched a little bit of it online.