PDA

View Full Version : Did the Warriors pull the old switcharoo - millenium style?

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Much of those Spurs turnovers were hard to explain. At times, they couldn't simply dribble the basketball and keep control. Or when they tried to stop and pick up the ball, it flew out of their hands.

With today's technology, wouldn't it be pretty easy to put some kind of small device inside a basketball in which you could remotely jar the ball and cause it to not bounce true?

Another thing...I always wondered if a team could doctor their rims with something similar. So when the ball is about to go in, they could make the rim shift slightly.

Not saying that they did the rim thing last night. Just the ball.

SupremeGuy
01-26-2016, 02:40 PM
https://archemdis.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/tinfoil-hat.jpg

RD2191
01-26-2016, 02:41 PM
This is embarrassing. Tbh.

TrainOfThought5
01-26-2016, 02:43 PM
When i saw the title i had high hopes of an insightful thread about how the Warriors use a similar system as the 2013-2014 Spurs with a younger cast and an amazingly talented PG. Instead i got this.

Thanks OP. Youre complete shit.

DarrinS
01-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Wtf

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 02:47 PM
Seriously man. How hard would it be to set up something like that. The rims especially. Or put some small air jet in the rim. Or something that created some static field that disrupted the ball when it was going to go in.
Or have the ability to constrict the rims so that the visitor was shooting at a slightly smaller target.

The ball thing seems like it would be way harder to pull off though. Any device inside the ball would screw up the balance. I guess unless you put counter weights in it. Or built a honeycomb so that the device was dead center in the ball.

doobs
01-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Worth investigating

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 02:51 PM
Worth investigating

and I'm not saying they did it for the whole game. but I've never seen so many unforced turnovers. It seemed like no one could get control of the ball. Parker, LMA, Simmons, Manu, even Bobo.

BatManu20
01-26-2016, 02:51 PM
:lol

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:03 PM

Seriously. How hard would it be? Or have some high powered device that could send a short targeted blast of air.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Inflategate?

Spur|n|Austin
01-26-2016, 03:08 PM
https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1407309070ra/10672770.gif

turb0time
01-26-2016, 03:09 PM
:downspin:

Dex
01-26-2016, 03:10 PM
The real question is...exactly how much pot did you smoke?

ceperez
01-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Seriously man. How hard would it be to set up something like that. The rims especially. Or put some small air jet in the rim. Or something that created some static field that disrupted the ball when it was going to go in.
Or have the ability to constrict the rims so that the visitor was shooting at a slightly smaller target.

The ball thing seems like it would be way harder to pull off though. Any device inside the ball would screw up the balance. I guess unless you put counter weights in it. Or built a honeycomb so that the device was dead center in the ball.

It's possible with a device that is at the center of the ball but spins on command. That would cause the ball to change angular momentum and put an unpredictable spin on the ball.

testies
01-26-2016, 03:12 PM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:16 PM

your mom's badger nipples are embarrassing

Fireball
01-26-2016, 03:17 PM
thats the worst thing I have ever read in my life ... applesauce and dabom are geniuses in contrast to this

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:18 PM
It's possible with a device that is at the center of the ball but spins on command. That would cause the ball to change angular momentum and put an unpredictable spin on the ball.

I thought so. But as I said, I believe the rim thing is more likely and much easier to pull off. I'm assuming that the NBA furnishes the game balls so that would imply more actors than just a home team.

I. Hustle
It's not that far out of the realm of possibility. I still think that the ball is lined with a magnet. Either in the actual lining or in the black lines of the ball. Then they just hit a switch right when the ball gets close to the rim to turn the other magnet inside the rim on.
If you place them within strategic places on the court, it could disrupt the whole game. It would also explain how Curry makes shots from anywhere. You just change the magnetic field. It's actually quite genius. It keeps the NBA going. You just do it for the player that you are trying to promote.

http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/magnetism.htm

ElNono

DarrinS
01-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.

Can someone help this faggot out? He's dropping the same deuce in every thread.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:26 PM
It's not that far out of the realm of possibility. I still think that the ball is lined with a magnet. Either in the actual lining or in the black lines of the ball. Then they just hit a switch right when the ball gets close to the rim to turn the other magnet inside the rim on.
If you place them within strategic places on the court, it could disrupt the whole game. It would also explain how Curry makes shots from anywhere. You just change the magnetic field. It's actually quite genius. It keeps the NBA going. You just do it for the player that you are trying to promote.

that's ridiculous

I. Hustle
01-26-2016, 03:28 PM
that's ridiculous

Your mom's ferret vaj is ridiculous.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Your mom's ferret vaj is ridiculous.

that's not how you abbreviate "vagina". it's "vag".

Leetonidas
01-26-2016, 03:30 PM
I bet posters on a Warriors forum are laughing at this retarded ass thread right now

I. Hustle
01-26-2016, 03:33 PM
that's not how you abbreviate "vagina". it's "vag".

Huh? I wasn't talking about her vagina. Her "vag" is perfect. I was talking about her VAJ. She is Albanian isn't she? If not then she learned some pretty sexy Albanian words somewhere because she screams them out during our sexy time.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:36 PM
Huh? I wasn't talking about her vagina. Her "vag" is perfect. I was talking about her VAJ. She is Albanian isn't she? If not then she learned some pretty sexy Albanian words somewhere because she screams them out during our sexy time.

what's a..."VAJ" then?

I. Hustle
01-26-2016, 03:40 PM
what's a..."VAJ" then?

It's olive oil. By comparing it to a ferret, I was implying that it stinks. Geez, dude. Get with the times already.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:44 PM
It's olive oil. By comparing it to a ferret, I was implying that it stinks. Geez, dude. Get with the times already.

uh...obviously, I'm about the only one that's thinking ahead of the times with how easy it would be to affect a game with technology.

I. Hustle
01-26-2016, 03:47 PM
uh...obviously, I'm about the only one that's thinking ahead of the times with how easy it would be to affect a game with technology.

So my magnet theory isn't something that would affect the game with technology?

With all the voodoo people in New Orleans, I am surprised that the Pelicans aren't doing better. That's what makes me believe that voodoo doesn't work.

UZER
01-26-2016, 03:49 PM

As stupid as this sounds, this is exactly what I thought when peja's 3 from the corner appeared to curve away from the basket against LA in game 7. : Lol

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:53 PM
So my magnet theory isn't something that would affect the game with technology?

With all the voodoo people in New Orleans, I am surprised that the Pelicans aren't doing better. That's what makes me believe that voodoo doesn't work.

your magnet theory is preposterous. way to many variables. and way to easy for something to go wrong.

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 03:57 PM
There's a chip in every Spurs players head that nukes them, so subtle nobody notices, but enough to make them fumble the ball.
Also, Curry pressed B, B, B, B, B, B, B, then pressed and held Up,Y,B before the game started.

DeRozan m8
01-26-2016, 03:59 PM
I've thought this shit before tbh

Like, using magnets and shit with the ball and rim to help it in and out of the hoop.

Didn't think this yesterday, do love a conspiracy though.

Sadly, I think the Spurs just shit the bed

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 04:13 PM
I've thought this shit before tbh

Like, using magnets and shit with the ball and rim to help it in and out of the hoop.

Didn't think this yesterday, do love a conspiracy though.

Sadly, I think the Spurs just shit the bed

The biggest problem with the magnet idea is that you'd just be drawing the ball to the rim...not through it. Probably lead to more misses.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 04:14 PM
It'd be funny though if they fucked up the strength of the magnet and the ball just stuck to the side of the rim.

DeRozan m8
01-26-2016, 04:21 PM
The biggest problem with the magnet idea is that you'd just be drawing the ball to the rim...not through it. Probably lead to more misses.

Not if its done correctly tbh

mudyez
01-26-2016, 04:21 PM
If the Patriots didn't use it, it's not invented yet.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Not if its done correctly tbh

pretty complicated if you ask me.

ElNono
01-26-2016, 04:26 PM
This is why we can't have nice things, tbh...

UNT Eagles 2016
01-26-2016, 04:31 PM
The real question is...exactly how much pot did you smoke?
I would've smoked 3 large ziploc bags of it if I watched honestly

I. Hustle
01-26-2016, 04:36 PM

No no no. The magnet is on the INSIDE of the rim. On top of that, you could switch the polarity.

Plus, that is why I said it would be all about timing. The person controlling it would have to make sure they time everything correctly.

I don't think it would be that complicated. Especially if it's something they do on a consistent basis.

koriwhat
01-26-2016, 04:54 PM
I cant believe yall are entertaining this ridiculous conspiravy thread.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 05:02 PM
No no no. The magnet is on the INSIDE of the rim. On top of that, you could switch the polarity.

Plus, that is why I said it would be all about timing. The person controlling it would have to make sure they time everything correctly.

I don't think it would be that complicated. Especially if it's something they do on a consistent basis.

no fucking way. with different spins from different balls, different trajectories...no one could master the timing. maybe having magnets in the threads of the net so if it's a decent looking shot, you could activate it and pull it down. I think the whole thing would be a colossal wast of time and money. much easier to rig it for misses than makes.

ceperez
01-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Much of those Spurs turnovers were hard to explain. At times, they couldn't simply dribble the basketball and keep control. Or when they tried to stop and pick up the ball, it flew out of their hands.

With today's technology, wouldn't it be pretty easy to put some kind of small device inside a basketball in which you could remotely jar the ball and cause it to not bounce true?

Another thing...I always wondered if a team could doctor their rims with something similar. So when the ball is about to go in, they could make the rim shift slightly.

Not saying that they did the rim thing last night. Just the ball.

Most likely, Curry or the players on GSW are on "nootropics". It is a very popular thing down there in SF and I wouldn't be surprised that they are using it to improve their accuracy.

ceperez
01-26-2016, 05:20 PM

Not possible, the magnet would have to be pretty strong. A device that spins inside the ball is more technically possible, it would be somewhat similar in concept to those bullets where you can guide the trajectory.

I. Hustle
01-26-2016, 06:02 PM
I'm going to build one and see if it's possible. I already have a couple of rims that I could work with. It would just be a matter of connecting the magnets and running the wiring within the rim. The basketball might look crude at first but I think I can get it.

I'm pretty confident that it would work.

I. Hustle
01-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Not possible, the magnet would have to be pretty strong. A device that spins inside the ball is more technically possible, it would be somewhat similar in concept to those bullets where you can guide the trajectory.

It just needs to be strong enough to pull it in once the ball is close enough. I'm not talking about pulling it from the free throw line. I'm talking about pulling it from within less the 6 inches or as close as the length of a SFS penis (approximately 2 3/4 inches)

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 06:05 PM
I'm going to build one and see if it's possible. I already have a couple of rims that I could work with. It would just be a matter of connecting the magnets and running the wiring within the rim. The basketball might look crude at first but I think I can get it.

I'm pretty confident that it would work.

do it then. I'll be waiting for your prototype.

Cry Havoc
01-26-2016, 06:27 PM
I cant believe yall are entertaining this ridiculous conspiravy thread.

koriwhat, voice of reason. We truly are in the end times. :lol

spurs10
01-26-2016, 06:34 PM

Not saying that they did the rim thing last night. Just the ball. Wow, I think you are exactly right. Either that or we played like crap! :hat

Obstructed_View
01-26-2016, 06:49 PM
The Spurs tripped over their dicks. End of story.

koriwhat
01-26-2016, 07:03 PM
koriwhat, voice of reason. We truly are in the end times. :lol

Lol i agree CH

cjw
01-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Seems like a GREAT idea for a meaningless regular season game with the threat of getting caught.

Now shutting off the AC in the playoffs, that's a worthwhile endeavor.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Seems like a GREAT idea for a meaningless regular season game with the threat of getting caught.

Now shutting off the AC in the playoffs, that's a worthwhile endeavor.

Well...I seriously doubt Ihustle finishes his prototype before the playoffs so we'll probably never know.

tholdren
01-26-2016, 10:03 PM
I think it's a magnet inside the ball.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 10:06 PM
I think it's a magnet inside the ball.

I'm pretty sure that Ihustle pm'd you to say that.

playbonner15
01-26-2016, 10:18 PM
thats the worst thing I have ever read in my life ... applesauce and dabom are geniuses in contrast to this

hater
01-26-2016, 10:19 PM
:lmao

Good shit :tu

99 Problems
01-27-2016, 07:16 AM
Yer those shifting rims have stopped me being an all time great shooter.

MVPCues
01-27-2016, 07:58 AM
The Spurs tripped over their dicks. End of story.

Best post in thread.

I. Hustle
01-27-2016, 09:12 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_criticisms_and_con troversies#New_game_ball

Brazil
01-27-2016, 11:38 AM
:lol SpursTalk ladies and gentlemen

GSH
01-27-2016, 11:46 AM
This is why we can't have nice things, tbh...

:lol SpursTalk ladies and gentlemen

AttentionWhoreTalk

SpursforSix
01-28-2016, 10:10 PM
It just needs to be strong enough to pull it in once the ball is close enough. I'm not talking about pulling it from the free throw line. I'm talking about pulling it from within less the 6 inches or as close as the length of a SFS penis (approximately 2 3/4 inches)

do it then. I'll be waiting for your prototype.

Surprise...I'm still waiting. I'd settle for a schematic for now.

Seventyniner
01-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Not sure whether to go with:
a) wtf am I reading
b) I'm not saying it's Illuminati....but it's Illuminati

I. Hustle
01-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Surprise...I'm still waiting. I'd settle for a schematic for now.

Schematics aren't quite there yet. You can't expect perfection overnight. On a side note, if you put magnets all around your pener then turn on the opposite magnet it'll hurt but I think I am about an inch and 8cm bigger.

SpursforSix
01-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Schematics aren't quite there yet. You can't expect perfection overnight. On a side note, if you put magnets all around your pener then turn on the opposite magnet it'll hurt but I think I am about an inch and 8cm bigger.

Ok...I'll be waiting.

As to the penis magnet thing, that's ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. It seems like it would have the opposite effect. It might squish you weenie and make it longer but I don't see how it would expand the girth.

I. Hustle
01-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Ok...I'll be waiting.

As to the penis magnet thing, that's ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. It seems like it would have the opposite effect. It might squish you weenie and make it longer but I don't see how it would expand the girth.

I put it inside the rim. It was pulling it from all different directions.

SpursforSix
01-30-2016, 12:46 AM
I put it inside the rim. It was pulling it from all different directions.

Inside the rim? Of your peepee?

DeRozan m8
01-30-2016, 06:57 AM
Thanks for testing this out ihustle...I'm glad we could all have this conversation haha

DeRozan m8
01-30-2016, 06:59 AM
BTW...imagine someone busted a magnet type conspiracy and Currys shot wasn't even real.

Like when they busted that baseball player with cork in his bat or whatever.

The NBA needed a new megastar...what better than a 3 point shooting machine...that hasn't been done yet, and he has the handles to pull it all off.

Plus he's that more regular guy everyone can relate to.

It is entertainment after all...right?

SpursforSix
01-31-2016, 12:39 AM
BTW...imagine someone busted a magnet type conspiracy and Currys shot wasn't even real.

Like when they busted that baseball player with cork in his bat or whatever.

The NBA needed a new megastar...what better than a 3 point shooting machine...that hasn't been done yet, and he has the handles to pull it all off.

Plus he's that more regular guy everyone can relate to.

It is entertainment after all...right?

Again, it's more likely that any device would be used to make another team miss or turn the ball over. It would be way more difficult to come up with something to make shots go in.

SpursforSix
01-31-2016, 12:43 AM
And there's nothing the NBA would like better than a Cavs/Warriors final this year. So it's not inconceivable that they would be implementing these devices in certain regular season games to make sure the Spurs don't get home court in a conference finals.

DeRozan m8
01-31-2016, 06:51 AM
Again, it's more likely that any device would be used to make another team miss or turn the ball over. It would be way more difficult to come up with something to make shots go in.

Not really champ.

Magnets around the inside of the rim would 'suck it in' if you will.

Deadset but, this could be some of that military type technology we aren't privy to

SpursforSix
01-31-2016, 08:38 PM
Not really champ.

Magnets around the inside of the rim would 'suck it in' if you will.

Deadset but, this could be some of that military type technology we aren't privy to

Bullshit. Maybe that could be put together but it would be way more difficult and expensive to implement. Do you really not see how much easier it would be to just disrupt the ball for the opposition to miss or lose control. I don't understand why no one can gasp that. Even a small air blaster in the rim or around the goal. That's all you need to screw up a shot.

I. Hustle
02-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Bullshit. Maybe that could be put together but it would be way more difficult and expensive to implement. Do you really not see how much easier it would be to just disrupt the ball for the opposition to miss or lose control. I don't understand why no one can gasp that. Even a small air blaster in the rim or around the goal. That's all you need to screw up a shot.

When are you going to be home?! I think I've done it!!! Once I got my pener up to 11 inches I stopped and started really trying to work on my theory.

After LARPing on Sunday, I invited a couple of my buddies over to play ball. I didn't tell them about the rim. I made a side bet for Ricky's excalibur sword that James (the one with the lazy eye) would beat him in a game of 21. I stayed on the side and played it off like I was just messing around with an old RC car that I have but the controller actually controlled the polarity of the magnets.

James won 21-0 and I have a new sword. Let me know when you can stop by, it's too much for me to take apart right now. Bring your mom. She can go down on me while you practice your shots.

SpursforSix
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM
When are you going to be home?! I think I've done it!!! Once I got my pener up to 11 inches I stopped and started really trying to work on my theory.

After LARPing on Sunday, I invited a couple of my buddies over to play ball. I didn't tell them about the rim. I made a side bet for Ricky's excalibur sword that James (the one with the lazy eye) would beat him in a game of 21. I stayed on the side and played it off like I was just messing around with an old RC car that I have but the controller actually controlled the polarity of the magnets.

James won 21-0 and I have a new sword. Let me know when you can stop by, it's too much for me to take apart right now. Bring your mom. She can go down on kme while you practice your shots.

You know James fakes that lazy eye right?

Anyway, I don't believe you because James would have never gotten off all those shots without Rucky blocking or stealing one. And he would post James up all fucking day.

If you have something you'd like to share, post a big big guy? Got it?
Along with your peener pics.

SpursforSix
02-10-2016, 07:53 PM

I'm still waiting DaVinci.