PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge disliked Portland lifestyle, attention Damian Lillard received

Mikeanaro
11-13-2015, 12:59 AM
:cry Lamarcus

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/report-lamarcus-aldridge-disliked-portland-lifestyle-attention-damian-lillard-received/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

(http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/report-lamarcus-aldridge-disliked-portland-lifestyle-attention-damian-lillard-received/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs)It was all about Lollard that dude exhales shit and I always knew Lamar hated the guy.

¨Aldridge loathed driving around Portland and seeing those Lillard billboards that adidas had mounted for him – even when the Blazers made Aldridge the centerpiece of every franchise marketing investment.¨
(http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/report-lamarcus-aldridge-disliked-portland-lifestyle-attention-damian-lillard-received/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs)

Brian Windhorst
11-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Doesn't seem like he wanted to be the ONLY one ever in the spotlight so much as he disliked a young player being handed the keys to the castle the moment he could score 20ppg. Lillard has done nothing of note in the league but be a poor man's Kyrie Irving with worse defense, and LMA probably didn't appreciate being treated as equals with this young kid.

I wouldn't either, after 9 years being the foundation of the franchise.

SAGirl
:cry Lamarcus

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/report-lamarcus-aldridge-disliked-portland-lifestyle-attention-damian-lillard-received/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

(http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/report-lamarcus-aldridge-disliked-portland-lifestyle-attention-damian-lillard-received/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs)It was all about Lollard that dude exhales shit and I always knew Lamar hated the guy.

(http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/report-lamarcus-aldridge-disliked-portland-lifestyle-attention-damian-lillard-received/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs)
The reporting against him seriously is going too far into the real baseless and biased trash. I am starting to think people just flat out hate that he joined the Spurs.

Mikeanaro
u be jealous too if some pos is g ettin a 200m dollar shoe deal for being a ball hog...
Yes, besides the fact that it was a clown and two other cripples were above him in the pecking order before.

Brian Windhorst
11-13-2015, 01:07 AM
The reporting against him seriously is going too far into the real baseless and biased trash. I am starting to think people just flat out hate that he joined the Spurs.
We're playing his old team twice in the same week. It was bound to happen. By April no one will care.

Mikeanaro
11-13-2015, 01:07 AM
People feel bad, like that time when Lebron left Cleveland, now they need Lollard producing like an All Star every night.

Mikeanaro
11-13-2015, 01:10 AM
Doesn't seem like he wanted to be the ONLY one ever in the spotlight so much as he disliked a young player being handed the keys to the castle the moment he could score 20ppg. Lillard has done nothing of note in the league but be a poor man's Kyrie Irving with worse defense, and LMA probably didn't appreciate being treated as equals with this young kid.

I wouldn't either, after 9 years being the foundation of the franchise.
Because it isnt like that, he didnt want to be the second banana of a chucker, the other thing about wanting certain amount of talent but not too much is pure speculation.

Brian Windhorst
11-13-2015, 01:11 AM
Because it isnt like that, he didnt want to be the second banana of a chucker, the other thing about wanting certain amount of talent but not too much is pure speculation.

tonyporker.jpeg

But yeah I agree. If I'm LMA I would love a player like Lillard at PG, but the moment people start to see it as his team I'm out.

BatManu20
11-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Who cares why he left? He's a Spur now and that's all that matters.

Yuixafun
11-13-2015, 03:59 AM
Some young flashy pg saunters into town and the Trailblazers started tripping, forgot what they had and had built... If I was Lamarcus and I knew my body was getting on in age, and I still had dreams of bearing future championships.... I don't have time to wait and see, especially with indications that they aren't fully committed... I'd break up with them too.

Mr Bones
11-13-2015, 04:49 AM
This article would carry more weight if essentially the entire team hadn't left in free agency or via trade.... Fact is three starters had an opportunity to stay and play with Lilliard, and all three decided to go elsewhere... I think this says a lot more about Lilliard than it does about Aldridge.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2015, 05:03 AM
OP proves he doesn't read any posts other than his krew's.

BillMc
11-13-2015, 06:05 AM
We're playing his old team twice in the same week. It was bound to happen. By April no one will care.

This.

SupremeGuy
11-13-2015, 07:15 AM
This article would carry more weight if essentially the entire team hadn't left in free agency or via trade.... Fact is three starters had an opportunity to stay and play with Lilliard, and all three decided to go elsewhere... I think this says a lot more about Lilliard than it does about Aldridge.Very true, tbh.

Raven
11-13-2015, 07:26 AM
tlong2 made it happen.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-13-2015, 08:05 AM
u be jealous too if some pos is g ettin a 200m dollar shoe deal for being a ball hog...

Especially when you were the player making the team a half decent franchise player to begin with. It was not like Robinson and Duncan when DRob knew he was leaving his prime. LMA is in his prime and the Owner basically said he wanted to build around Lillard. That would rub mostly anyone the wrong way.

Agloco
11-13-2015, 08:16 AM
This article would carry more weight if essentially the entire team hadn't left in free agency or via trade.... Fact is three starters had an opportunity to stay and play with Lilliard, and all three decided to go elsewhere... I think this says a lot more about Lilliard than it does about Aldridge.

/thread

hater
11-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Anybody else notice Lamarcus was trying hard to block Lollard? IMO its true they didn't like each other

Chinook
11-13-2015, 09:25 AM
From all the articles I read, with loyalties on both sides, it seems like LMA wanted to be with the Blazers like Duncan is with the Spurs. Tim doesn't do a whole lot of marketing, but because he's the franchise's big ticket, no one really does. I think Aldridge didn't want the attention Lillard received, but he also didn't want Lillard to have it. On the Spurs, he can be the best player or co-best player and still just be his reserved self.

I don't think Portland should apologize for marketing Lillard, since it seems clear that LMA didn't embrace the attention the same way. There's no shame in being trying to create a stronger brand through your talented players. LMA has no right to be sore at it. But Portland ended up just not being the team for him any longer. The Spurs culture checked the boxes. Good for SA, bad for PDX.

SpursBig3s
11-13-2015, 10:34 AM
From all the articles I read, with loyalties on both sides, it seems like LMA wanted to be with the Blazers like Duncan is with the Spurs. Tim doesn't do a whole lot of marketing, but because he's the franchise's big ticket, no one really does. I think Aldridge didn't want the attention Lillard received, but he also didn't want Lillard to have it. On the Spurs, he can be the best player or co-best player and still just be his reserved self.

I don't think Portland should apologize for marketing Lillard, since it seems clear that LMA didn't embrace the attention the same way. There's no shame in being trying to create a stronger brand through your talented players. LMA has no right to be sore at it. But Portland ended up just not being the team for him any longer. The Spurs culture checked the boxes. Good for SA, bad for PDX.

good post, I agree with this. Mr. Bones post is also telling to. The entire SL all had a choice to stay with Lillard, and all decided to leave. To much is being made about LMA being this bug Swedish diva. I mean sure, he's not the prototypical Spur, but I hung doubt PATFO would take such a big risk and shake up a championship chemistry for Aldridge if they didn't think they could really integrate him and immerse him into the Spurs way. I mean for god sake he bought tickets for over 50 under privileged kids in Portland to go to the game. That seems pretty selfless to me

Othyus Lalanne
11-13-2015, 10:48 AM

The one thing the Spurs front office wants from all players. Character. That's why.

Lostwingman
11-13-2015, 11:37 AM

I always thought this was more telling than anything else. Especially given that the other two went to the Knicks and Mavericks, not exactly higher quality teams in terms of talent.

Mnky
11-13-2015, 03:08 PM

JeffDuncan
11-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Portland Trail Blazers roster 2014 - 2015:

Afflalo, Aldridge, Batum, Blake, Crabbe, Frazier, Freeland, Gee, Kaman, Leonard, Lillard, Lopez, Mathews, McCollum, Wright.

The ones that are underlined and in bold are no longer there in 2015 - 2016.

Their top 10 players in minutes played in 2014-2015 were Lillard, Aldridge, Batum, Mathews, Lopez, Blake, Kamen, McCollum, Leonard, and Afflalo, in that order,

As people have been posting, the change is obviously not just Aldridge.

TD 21
11-13-2015, 06:31 PM

:tu

Mikeanaro
11-14-2015, 12:27 AM
OP proves he doesn't read any posts other than his krew's.
:cry How can you!?

Mikeanaro
11-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Portland Trail Blazers roster 2014 - 2015:

Afflalo, Aldridge, Batum, Blake, Crabbe, Frazier, Freeland, Gee, Kaman, Leonard, Lillard, Lopez, Mathews, McCollum, Wright.

The ones that are underlined and in bold are no longer there in 2015 - 2016.

Their top 10 players in minutes played in 2014-2015 were Lillard, Aldridge, Batum, Mathews, Lopez, Blake, Kamen, McCollum, Leonard, and Afflalo, in that order,

As people have been posting, the change is obviously not just Aldridge.
Sounds like a major change to me, why there are no articles about those other guys? bitterness.

Sean Cagney
11-14-2015, 12:29 AM

timtonymanu
11-14-2015, 12:38 AM

Yep a player who puts on a spoiled child act because he was snubbed from the all star team isn't a winning player. Won't surprise me if the rest of the guys that left were just fed up with Lillard.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Portland is full of faggy hipsters too, what a shithole.

Thomas82
11-15-2015, 01:56 AM
good post, I agree with this. Mr. Bones post is also telling to. The entire SL all had a choice to stay with Lillard, and all decided to leave. To much is being made about LMA being this bug Swedish diva. I mean sure, he's not the prototypical Spur, but I hung doubt PATFO would take such a big risk and shake up a championship chemistry for Aldridge if they didn't think they could really integrate him and immerse him into the Spurs way. I mean for god sake he bought tickets for over 50 under privileged kids in Portland to go to the game. That seems pretty selfless to me

Right on!!