PDA

View Full Version : "every second he’s on the court, I want to guard him.”

TrueSpursFan
04-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Matt Barnes said this before game 2 and last night he got a lot more than he bargained for.
Be careful what you ask for.
:flag:

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/barnes-659101-rivers-team.html

LoneStarState'sPride
04-25-2015, 01:03 PM
If he wants to volunteer his bitch ass to be next in the long line of those clowned by Da Klaw, then by all means let him step right up.

Cry Havoc
04-25-2015, 01:05 PM
I don't understand why the Clips stopped doubling Kawhi after it went so well for them in Game 1. Leonard better be ready for doubles all game long in game 4. Pace and space and burn that D for having to double!

TrueSpursFan
04-25-2015, 01:34 PM
I don't understand why the Clips stopped doubling Kawhi after it went so well for them in Game 1. Leonard better be ready for doubles all game long in game 4. Pace and space and burn that D for having to double!

They don't have anybody who can guard him one on one. Double team is there best bet. They did it a few times last night, and kawhi quickly passed the ball out and I believe someone was open for a shot.

Chris
04-25-2015, 01:38 PM
I'd take Barnes on the Spurs any day of the week

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2015, 01:40 PM
He got doubled on the catch at times in the third quarter, but mostly dribbled out of it and made a play.

I tend to think doubles will help the Spurs offense over the long haul.

Raven
04-25-2015, 01:41 PM
he made barnes look like a midget tbh, even when he had perfect positioning and timing, kawhi was just shooting over him no problem..

Raven
04-25-2015, 01:42 PM
He got doubled on the catch at times in the third quarter, but mostly dribbled out of it and made a play.

I tend to think doubles will help the Spurs offense over the long haul.

obviously, every time someone is doubled, if the team can pass, it's a wide open three.

Horry Hipcheck
04-25-2015, 01:51 PM
They should hang another "Rodeo of the Year" banner from the rafters just for the clown academy Kawhi put Barnes through last night tbh

Brazil
04-25-2015, 02:08 PM
i don't think double team on Kawhi is a good option for game 4 for the clippers tbh

first of all Kawhi and the coaches must have worked that a lot after game 1 and second at home our shooters are much more efficient. They probably should try it again in LA but in our house, bad idea imo

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2015, 02:09 PM

The Spurs stopped putting him on the low block. They are letting him attack from on the perimeter. Clips can't double as effectively when he can see them coming and dribble away or swing the ball.

DJB
04-25-2015, 02:21 PM

peacemaker885
04-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Not surprised. Thats a defenders mentality.

capek
04-25-2015, 02:41 PM

Ya, that was surprising to me too. They finally started doing it in the 4th quarter in game three, and Kawhi did a lot of dribbling back out to the top of the key. Since they're back home, everybody seems to be shooting better, which'll help make the Clips pay. But it'll be interesting to see what adjustments the Clips make for game 4.

sexinthatsx
04-25-2015, 02:54 PM

poor man's SJAX tbh...

heyheymymy
04-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Barnes gets what his big mouth asked for.

dabom
04-25-2015, 03:07 PM
poor man's SJAX tbh...

Very Very Very poor tbh.

lefty20
04-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Very Very Very poor tbh.

Basically a homeless man's SJAX :lol

dabom
04-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Basically a homeless man's SJAX :lol

:lmao

Mel_13
04-25-2015, 03:25 PM
poor man's SJAX tbh...

More like Bogans, tbh...

KL2
04-25-2015, 03:27 PM
He doesn't have the size to guard him at all, 225lb SF's won't cut it against Leonard, haven't seen a single guy at that weight that has been able to impede the separation he creates from bodily contact. Only guys that can effectively deny him position are big men and those super athletic SF/PF's that are like 240-250 which are few, and aren't very good.

siraulo23
04-25-2015, 03:38 PM
No the clippers didnt stop doubling kawhi

kawhi just hurt them off the dribble, clippers only doubled when leonard was on the post

Gagnrath
04-25-2015, 04:45 PM
He doesn't have the size to guard him at all, 225lb SF's won't cut it against Leonard, haven't seen a single guy at that weight that has been able to impede the separation he creates from bodily contact. Only guys that can effectively deny him position are big men and those super athletic SF/PF's that are like 240-250 which are few, and aren't very good.

Paul George, Lebron, Green (Drumond), Can all match him physically, and Durant can hold him in check with his length.

dabom
04-25-2015, 04:49 PM
No one will be able to guard kawhi in the next few years. Just don't see it.

Trainwreck2100
04-25-2015, 05:02 PM
well, who else is supposed to guard him?

silverblackfan
04-25-2015, 05:31 PM
well, who else is supposed to guard him?

That was my first thought also. I always assumed his role was the defensive 3 and D guy. He is good and will learn and improve his defense on Kawhi as the games go on, but will eventually tire out and make mistakes at the end of games. Running out of gas just like the rest of the 6 guys they have playing. KL is 22 and ready to run forever. It should be educational, but hopefully the leason learned in the end is, "I can't keep up with this kid."

TD 21
04-25-2015, 05:56 PM
:lol As if this is anything to get worked up over. He didn't take a shot at him. Besides, what did you expect him to do, publicly back down from the challenge? Even if deep down he didn't want to guard him, it's not as if they have another option.

100%duncan
04-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Very Very Very poor tbh.
:lol

tholdren
04-25-2015, 06:46 PM

Because in 2 games he couldnt score when SA needed to. He played like he was scared of Barnes, and it took our 8th man (mills) to take control on the offensive end. I wouldnt have doubled him either - no need.

Will be interesting to see the mentality of the Clippers defense and KL offense tomorrow. I wonder if Barnes will start getting dirty.Griffin is done if he comes out and misses a couple shots in a row. He's always living in the past.

SupremeGuy
04-25-2015, 07:26 PM

poor man's SJAX tbh...

Very Very Very poor tbh.

Basically a homeless man's SJAX :lol:lmao

Chris
04-25-2015, 07:29 PM
:lol

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Barnes would be a nice 8th man, he shouldn't be starting for a hopeful contender, tbh..I wouldn't mind him as the Spurs' starting PG, though..

Silver&Black
04-25-2015, 07:59 PM

I'm sure there were other times.....but I only remember Kawhi being doubled once.

Kawhi had the ball on the left wing....Chris Paul came from the free throw line to double....Kawhi immediately spun and hit a turnaround fadeaway jumper.

Dude is improving every single game. It's scary to think how good he can become...

ddjeffries
04-25-2015, 08:02 PM
They don't have anybody who can guard him one on one. Double team is there best bet. They did it a few times last night, and kawhi quickly passed the ball out and I believe someone was open for a shot.

This. And in game 1 we shot 30-35% so they were happy to double him then.

Cry Havoc
04-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Because in 2 games he couldnt score when SA needed to. He played like he was scared of Barnes, and it took our 8th man (mills) to take control on the offensive end. I wouldnt have doubled him either - no need.

Will be interesting to see the mentality of the Clippers defense and KL offense tomorrow. I wonder if Barnes will start getting dirty.Griffin is done if he comes out and misses a couple shots in a row. He's always living in the past.

Ex...cept they did double him in game 2. Repeatedly. Why would they do that if he's not a threat?

Oh wait, I'm talking to tholdren. Normally I respond to people who actually watch the games.

tmtcsc
04-25-2015, 11:07 PM
Whoah !! Me too. Pls guard him Matt.