PDA

View Full Version : I said it in 2012, and I'll say it again now

sexinthatsx
05-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Boris Diaw is the key to beating the Thunder and not any other match up. It was obvious that Diaw's aggression during the first two games of 2012 was the difference maker in the Spurs wins. Two years later in 2014, it's the same exact thing. One of the things that pisses me off the most is that Diaw has plenty of opportunities to shoot the open 3. He is wide open for god's sake, but the guy is just being too passive. If he keeps playing this way, Spurs can kiss their championship goodbye.

Richie
05-25-2014, 09:58 PM
He took 4 tonight, more than he would have done in 2012

sexinthatsx
05-25-2014, 10:01 PM
He took 4 tonight, more than he would have done in 2012

It's not just 3's, he was just playing so passive

slick'81
05-25-2014, 10:02 PM
All the spurs were playing passive minus ginoblil

Horse
05-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Seemed they were happy to stay close and try to steal it in the end then the refs showed up. Hope we have some killer instinct tues.

T Park
05-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Boris Diaw shot 5 threes and made passes to wide open players. Diaw was far from the guy to pin the loss on for Christ sake

ElNono
05-25-2014, 10:33 PM
I though he was aggressive with a shot he normally makes, and didn't knock them down... I trust him with that shot

Horry Hipcheck
05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Nobody shot well except Manu, who was curiously absent for too much of the second half. He wasn't going to win the game by himself, though, and Diaw didn't lose it by himself either.

poop
05-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Not diaws fault...

sexinthatsx
05-26-2014, 01:13 PM
Boris Diaw shot 5 threes and made passes to wide open players. Diaw was far from the guy to pin the loss on for Christ sake

I'm not pinning the loss on Diaw, I'm simply stating that Diaw is the guy that can carry the Spurs past this series, just like how Tiago Splitter was the one to do it last series against the Blazers, just like how Tony Parker finally showed up to play in Game 7 against the Mavs.

sexinthatsx
05-27-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm going to go ahead and bump my own thread for the people who don't see the obvious. The game is going on right now and you can clearly see the Thunder is giving Diaw WIDE OPEN LOOKS. Nobody is even attempting to run at him to alter his shot and he's shying away from taking the 3. If you guys are not pinning a ton of blame on Diaw for not stepping up then you guys are clearly blind.

therealtruth
05-27-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm going to go ahead and bump my own thread for the people who don't see the obvious. The game is going on right now and you can clearly see the Thunder is giving Diaw WIDE OPEN LOOKS. Nobody is even attempting to run at him to alter his shot and he's shying away from taking the 3. If you guys are not pinning a ton of blame on Diaw for not stepping up then you guys are clearly blind.

He doesn't necessarily need to take that shot but it gives him room to create and make a play.